PDA

View Full Version : David Templeton

SirDavidsNapper
22-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Might have to put my tin hat on for this one but he's bang in form at the minute. Looked very impressive in the weekend highlights and has scored 3 weeks running. He'll more than likely be leaving Hamilton in January and would be avaliable for free (I think). Worth a punt?

Ozyhibby
22-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Might have to put my tin hat on for this one but he's bang in form at the minute. Looked very impressive in the weekend highlights and has scored 3 weeks running. He'll more than likely be leaving Hamilton in January and would be avaliable for free (I think). Worth a punt?

Can’t say whether he would improve us or not but I would have no objections based on who he has previously played for. That would be stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
22-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Can’t say whether he would improve us or not but I would have no objections based on who he has previously played for. That would be stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI've actually always rated him. Would be decent option if we sell SJM

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

greenlex
22-11-2017, 05:03 PM
I don’t like the way he runs so it’s a no from me.

wookie70
22-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Definitely worthy of consideration. I never minded Keats and Jason's past mistakes and in fact it can make it all the sweeter when they do well. We definitely need more attacking options and I doubt he would break the bank.

HoboHarry
22-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Definitely worthy of consideration. I never minded Keats and Jason's past mistakes and in fact it can make it all the sweeter when they do well. We definitely need more attacking options and I doubt he would break the bank.
Not to mention Sir David of Gray.......

Tornadoes70
22-11-2017, 05:06 PM
I've actually always rated him. Would be decent option if we sell SJM

Personally I couldn't care less who a decent player has played for if they're willing to come to ER and give their utmost (unless they're total eejits like Black was etc). I think he is an exciting player when in form but I've not seen that much of him lately to be honest so would therefore trust in Lenny's opinion if he was to include him to our squad.

Hibs90
22-11-2017, 05:08 PM

Are you suggesting a replacement for SJM if he goes or using some of the money to sign him?

No danger from me either way. Don't want him anywhere near Easter Road.

HoboHarry
22-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Are you suggesting a replacement for SJM if he goes or using some of the money to sign him?

No danger from me either way. Don't want him anywhere near Easter Road.
Any particular reason why you would not want a good player at Hibs?

SirDavidsNapper
22-11-2017, 05:12 PM

No danger from me either way. Don't want him anywhere near Easter Road.He'd be very hard to replace but he could help plug the gap (on this form anyway). How long the form lasts is the question.

Hibs90
22-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Any particular reason why you would not want a good player at Hibs?

Has done nothing in years, injury prone and by all accounts past his best.

He's played well for a few games since his return this time around, until he gets injured again and goes missing for x amount of months.

Not for me. We can do much better.

BSEJVT
22-11-2017, 05:30 PM
I think its a big punt given injury record and pre Hamilton the level he has been playing at for years, but his previous clubs wouldn't bother me at all

However the only way he would replace SJM is that he would be another player replacing one that had left, as would for example any other outfielder we signed,, which is what I think you mean, rather than a like for like replacement?

eastcoasthibby
22-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Sorry but I don't get the part of this "would be a decent option if we ell SJM " they are completely different types of players, so how would he be a decent option ??

Stuart93
22-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Sorry but I don't get the part of this "would be a decent option if we ell SJM " they are completely different types of players, so how would he be a decent option ??

Exactly what I thought, would be like chucking Boyle in McGinn's position saying aye he'll do

SirDavidsNapper
22-11-2017, 06:07 PM
I think its a big punt given injury record and pre Hamilton the level he has been playing at for years, but his previous clubs wouldn't bother me at all

However the only way he would replace SJM is that he would be another player replacing one that had left, as would for example any other outfielder we signed,, which is what I think you mean, rather than a like for like replacement?Definatley wouldn't be a like for like replacement but would be a good option to have in midfield

Pretty Boy
22-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Most Hearts fans I know have always said he was the type who flattered to deceive and had about 1 good game in 5, I think you could safely say that ratio got worse at Rangers. Add in his injury record and it's a no from me.

guthrie01
22-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Will go to Hearts in the January window, not at the level of players we are currently looking for

Michael
22-11-2017, 06:36 PM
He'd be rubbish for us. These types of signings never work out.

The Spaceman
22-11-2017, 06:44 PM
He will end up back at Hearts, hailed as a major coup by Ann Budge and a reflection on how Hearts are a major progressive force in Scottish football.

KiddA
22-11-2017, 07:31 PM

Was speaking to one of my Rangers supporting friends and I posed the question is he any good? I also said I have heard he is pretty injury prone but then my friend said he also likes other stuff and pointed to his nose and he reckons that’s why Rangers did not keep him. So if that’s the case it’s a no thanks from me but I don’t think he would improve us anyway.

w pilton hibby
22-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Was speaking to one of my Rangers supporting friends and I posed the question is he any good? I also said I have heard he is pretty injury prone but then my friend said he also likes other stuff and pointed to his nose and he reckons that’s why Rangers did not keep him. So if that’s the case it’s a no thanks from me but I don’t think he would improve us anyway.

Was rumoured to be faking a knee injury and was also rumoured to be addicted to painkillers but this was his take on it

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hamilton-ace-david-templeton-opens-10804363

Northernhibee
22-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Only if he stands outside the new castle facing corporate boxes at Tynie belting out Sunshine on Leith with pictures of SJM and "Lewie's Got Two" tattooed on each buttock, mooning them eating their chips.

Even then, not good enough for our first team I fear.

lord bunberry
22-11-2017, 08:04 PM
He wouldn’t improve our squad. If he’s hitting a bit of form now, then it’s the first time in about 5 years.

Stantons Angel
22-11-2017, 11:04 PM
He is no where near good enough to pull on that Green and White jersey!

I just dont like him or his attitude............

Look at how he played Hearts to get his move to Rangers, no respect for the club that brought him on.

No id not want him anywhere near our young ones!

calumhibee1
23-11-2017, 06:49 AM
No thanks. Not good enough.

frazeHFC
23-11-2017, 06:52 AM
He was good until he chucked it all away dropping down the leagues. Not good enough for where we want to be up the top end of the table.

Winston Ingram
23-11-2017, 08:51 AM

Absolutely

easty
23-11-2017, 09:00 AM
He's had a good couple/few weeks...but before that I don't think he's done anything for ages.

3/4 good games a season? Nah. We should be looking for better than him.

SirDavidsNapper
23-11-2017, 09:04 AM
Scored against Liverpool at Anfield one day, signs for L2 Sevco the next. He's made a few bad decisions but there's no doubting his talent. We'll get a better look at him this weekend I guess.

JimBHibees
23-11-2017, 09:07 AM
He is no where near good enough to pull on that Green and White jersey!

I just dont like him or his attitude............

Look at how he played Hearts to get his move to Rangers, no respect for the club that brought him on.

No id not want him anywhere near our young ones!

Funny you saying that he was pretty clear in an interview recently that Hearts had forced him out, seemed quite bitter about it.

Shrekko
23-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Funny you saying that he was pretty clear in an interview recently that Hearts had forced him out, seemed quite bitter about it.

They also pushed him towards Rangers ...

TheHarpy76
23-11-2017, 09:37 AM

Why would we sign a winger to replace a central midfielder?

If he stays relatively injury free then yes I think he would be a good signing for us.

MyJo
23-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Too much of a risk, he is in last chance saloon with Hamilton, 1 more bad injury and i reckon his career is all but over.

Stantons Angel
23-11-2017, 10:32 AM

I remember at the time he couldn't wait to get to Ibrox and tried to get McGowan to go along with him.

Still no where near good enough for the Hibs!

JimBHibees
23-11-2017, 11:14 AM
I remember at the time he couldn't wait to get to Ibrox and tried to get McGowan to go along with him.

Still no where near good enough for the Hibs!

You may be right and he was maybe trying to absolve himself in the eyes of Hearts fans. Was very critical of Hearts.

Ability wise he probably is however the injury risk is nowhere near worth taking.

The_Exile
23-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Poor mans David Wotherspoon IMO.

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2017, 12:18 PM
Too much of a risk, he is in last chance saloon with Hamilton, 1 more bad injury and i reckon his career is all but over.

Someones last chance isnt with an spl club. 1 more bad injury and he'll still stroll the lower leagues.

WeveGotMcginn
23-11-2017, 01:29 PM
Would much rather have docherty from Hamilton, looked a decent young player and plays a similar role to mcginn IIRC

JimBHibees
23-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Would much rather have docherty from Hamilton, looked a decent young player and plays a similar role to mcginn IIRC

Definitely looks an excellent box to box player.

Michael
23-11-2017, 02:47 PM

Agree on that. Never know how these things turn out, but could be a good replacement.

Thecat23
23-11-2017, 02:54 PM

Looks a good player, I’d defo take him.

greenlex
25-11-2017, 07:08 PM
I hope that’s that put to bed.