PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Sponsorship - Market Research

woodythehibee
21-11-2017, 03:35 PM
Admin - Feel free to shift this to another forum if appropriate.

As some of you may be aware, I work for a law firm in Leith and looking to ingather some market research from Hibs fans.

My question is:

- To what extent are you likely to be influenced in choosing a solicitor based on an association with the club?

Can you give any examples?

Any other comments and thoughts welcome.

Cheers :flag:

Iggy Pope
21-11-2017, 03:37 PM

As some of you may be aware, I work for a law firm in Leith and looking to ingather some market research from Hibs fans.

My question is:

- To what extent are you likely to be influenced in choosing a solicitor based on an association with the club?

Massive, massive discount and something for nowt. But you probably knew that without the need for research.

Geo_1875
21-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Given all being equal in reputation and cost I would always consider vendors with an association with Hibs favourably.

cabbageandribs1875
21-11-2017, 03:47 PM
any special deals for writing a will :greengrin

linlithgowhibbie
21-11-2017, 03:57 PM
I would but only if the deal was right for me at the time of needing their services.

Monktonhall 7
21-11-2017, 04:04 PM

My question is:

You just need to think back to our recent Share issue. We had to buy Shares via an IFA and those with a known affinity to HFC did quite well.

Ringothedog
21-11-2017, 05:03 PM
I will change it slightly, I would never use Leslie Deans because of his association with another club.

Hibbyradge
21-11-2017, 06:07 PM
Given all being equal in reputation and cost I would always consider vendors with an association with Hibs favourably.

This is where I would sit.

matty_f
21-11-2017, 06:18 PM
This is where I would sit.

Same here, would even consider someone a bit more expensive if they were associated with Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
21-11-2017, 06:22 PM
The association with Hibs alone wouldn't be enough for me to consider anyones services.

HFCdeb
21-11-2017, 06:34 PM
The association with Hibs alone wouldn't be enough for me to consider anyones services.

This.

Eaststand
21-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Same here, would even consider someone a bit more expensive if they were associated with Hibs.

This for me too

GGTTH

Hibeewilly
21-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Spot on mate

Liam89
21-11-2017, 08:01 PM
Price, reviews and reputation would come before an association with Hibs but would be definitely be a sway if things were close between firms.

Peevemor
21-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Price, reviews and reputation would come before an association with Hibs but would be definitely be a sway if things were close between firms.This.

bob12345
21-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Price, reviews and reputation would come before an association with Hibs but would be definitely be a sway if things were close between firms.

This. But association with Hibs is quite a good way to capture my attention for consideration in the first place.

dalkeith stu
21-11-2017, 09:00 PM
I will change it slightly, I would never use Leslie Deans because of his association with another club.

This!! I've never had a Strongbow.

Leith's finest
21-11-2017, 09:02 PM
Never used mcewan fraser or frank graham but used crabbies and whyte and mackay

Speedy
21-11-2017, 09:30 PM

My question is:

When I bought my first house I didn't have a lawyer. Didn't use McEwan Fraser because I'd heard they were a bit dodgy (as it happened they represented the sellers and I didn't get great impressions).

Sponsoring Hibs did make them stand out though and made me look into them. Had a more reputable lawyers sponsored Hibs they'd have a good chance of getting my continued business.

WellingtonHibby
21-11-2017, 10:29 PM
Never used mcewan fraser or frank graham but used crabbies and whyte and mackay

Jakey :wink:

Firestarter
21-11-2017, 10:38 PM
I trust Hibernian associates more than I would anything linked to hearts or the old firm.

If I ever needed legal advice or represented it would make me feel more at ease for some reason if I knew they supported us too.

Firestarter
21-11-2017, 10:41 PM
This!! I've never had a Strongbow.

Or shopped on all sports. The one in Cameron Toll was over priced rank. Like strongbow.

Wembley67
21-11-2017, 10:48 PM
I would class a law firm with ties to a football club a bit 'naff' and would probably shy away. Pricing would be irrelevant.

jacomo
22-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Don't know whether to be impressed by the honesty here, or roll my eyes.

WeeRussell
22-11-2017, 11:17 AM

Same.

Apart from possibly being the first name to spring to mind because I remember seeing it at Easter Road/on our kit when needing such services - it wouldn't change anything in my decision making process.

Beefster
22-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Cost, the reputation of the firm involved and recommendations from friends/colleagues/family all come before an association with Hibs.

I'd have thought that a firm pays for the increase in brand recognition and the resulting benefits from that, rather than folk just using them because they are associated with Hibs, though.

surreyhibbie
22-11-2017, 12:17 PM
If I needed the service I would certainly look at any Hibs-related ones first. cost etc would only then kick in.

Green_one
22-11-2017, 12:19 PM
OK so I have bought windows, gin and clothing due to Hibs connections (adverts and sponsors)

So it works with me but it would not be the only criteria and I would not pay a premium. It would be a good way with me of separating yourself from the pack where this is little other obvious criteria. So for example - wills. Tell us you will do a deal for season ticket holders and I am there. Tell me you do conveyancing and I will consider you.

Conversely I was not entirely comfortable buying CR Smith stuff many years ago due to the obvious connections. :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
22-11-2017, 12:23 PM
I trust Hibernian associates more than I would anything linked to hearts or the old firm.

If I ever needed legal advice or represented it would make me feel more at ease for some reason if I knew they supported us too.

2 words.

David.

Duff.

:cb

Peevemor
22-11-2017, 12:44 PM
I have a vision of hibees sitting wearing protective clothing in their double glazed, calor gas powered Alfa Romeo with bottles of lager & gin in the cup holders together with a pre-prepared flask of whisky mac.

hhibs
22-11-2017, 12:57 PM

This.

Valencia
22-11-2017, 04:26 PM
My solicitor is aboot 100 yards from ma hoose

Wembley67
22-11-2017, 04:50 PM
My solicitor is aboot 100 yards from ma hoose

Aye but you are referring to the duty solicitor down the road from your cell isn't quite the same :greengrin

woodythehibee
23-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Cheers for the responses so far [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Firestarter
24-11-2017, 07:29 AM
2 words.

David.

Duff.

:cb

Very valid point, time for retract 👍

NAE NOOKIE
24-11-2017, 03:00 PM
The only thing I have bought that I wouldn't have because of their connection with Hibs is a few bottles of Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer :greengrin

Having said that I would be swayed towards a particular brand of something I already use if they sponsored Hibs .... I don't mind which lager I drink, but to this day my preference is towards Carlsberg because they sponsored us.

As for solicitors ..... It would come down to cost and reputation, but in a near run thing between several I would choose the one who sponsors or has a connection with the club :agree: