PDA

View Full Version : NHC Stewart says Potter's 'head is on the block'

G B Young
21-11-2017, 01:22 PM
I don't imagine there's much love lost between Michael Stewart and Levein anyway, but this will prompt another mega thread on kickback as the Queen Ann worshippers battle with those fed up of the endless dire football and results.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42068272

hibsbollah
21-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Not one of his better interviews, 'we're entering a completely different ball game...', what? Why? :dunno:

Most of the BBC Scotland pundits usually just sound like they're slavering trying to fill air time with cliches.

NAE NOOKIE
21-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Well, the point he was making is pretty clear, if the Gorgie Guardiola continues to fail and Budge has to punt him from the managers chair how can he return to his role as director of hoofball?

Everything is on the line for Mr 640 ...... If we beat them in the league and put them out the cup in January he has as much chance of still being a Hearts employee in any capacity as I have of being their next manager. He must be crapping himself :greengrin

lord bunberry
21-11-2017, 02:18 PM
Well, the point he was making is pretty clear, if the Gorgie Guardiola continues to fail and Budge has to punt him from the managers chair how can he return to his role as director of hoofball?

Everything is on the line for Mr 640 ...... If we beat them in the league and put them out the cup in January he has as much chance of still being a Hearts employee in any capacity as I have of being their next manager. He must be crapping himself :greengrin
Not for the first time, and we know what happens when he craps himself :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Not for the first time, and we know what happens when he craps himself :greengrin

You shouldnae Kidd about things like that!

Cabbage East
21-11-2017, 03:12 PM

Albert he is.

Deansy
21-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Knowing he likes the odd punt, I wonder if Potter's had a sneaky, wee bet on himself to be emptied immediately after the SC game - I'd love to see the odds for that ??

Geo_1875
21-11-2017, 04:51 PM
I don't know if his head is on the block but it's definitely up his arse like most jambos.

Sammy7nil
21-11-2017, 06:08 PM
I think he could lose both games against Hibs and consolidate a place in the bottom six he is going nowhere. It was obvious when laptop man left they simply don't have the cash for a new manager and his staff.

IlDiavola
21-11-2017, 06:17 PM

Step up Mr Kidd.

IlDiavola
21-11-2017, 06:18 PM
I don't know if his head is on the block but it's definitely up his arse like most jambos.

:thumbsup::greengrin

Northernhibee
21-11-2017, 07:46 PM
He'll likely be petrified about the double header against us.

One loss to us saw the beginning of the end for Nielson. Another loss accelerated the downfall of Cathro.

He's already gotten their backs up by losing to us once - two losses in quick succession would be impossible for him to recover from.

Their entire club functions on the thought of getting one over on us. He's a man under immense pressure.

21-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Knowing he likes the odd punt, I wonder if Potter's had a sneaky, wee bet on himself to be emptied immediately after the SC game - I'd love to see the odds for that ??

I think he wants to lose both matches against us. It's obvious he doesn't want to be there so that would be the quickest way out and he'll hit the jackpot with the pay-off from the Doc.

Michael
21-11-2017, 09:01 PM
I think he wants to lose both matches against us. It's obvious he doesn't want to be there so that would be the quickest way out and he'll hit the jackpot with the pay-off from the Doc.

He appointed himself as manager after interviewing several people. I think he definitely wants to be there.

lapsedhibee
21-11-2017, 09:04 PM
He appointed himself as manager after interviewing several people. I think he definitely wants to be there.

Nah. He appointed Father Dougal as manager. Drs Budge appointed him as manager. It was her duty.

ian cruise
21-11-2017, 11:01 PM

Was there not a quote from Budge at the time saying she had to convince him to take the job?

Viva_Palmeiras
22-11-2017, 12:02 AM
Cue the return of the hatchet men...

Viva_Palmeiras
22-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Stats from the last derby should give them a wee crumb to Klingon to.
We need to be more clinical with out chances.

Callum_62
22-11-2017, 08:58 AM
Reckon if we can manage 2 wins in there own backyard within 3 weeks then the knives will well and truly be out

Im not confident we will though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
22-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Was there not a quote from Budge at the time saying she had to convince him to take the job?

She's made lots of statements... some of them have even had an element of truth.

However, the image of a reluctant hero persuaded to take the helm by a resolute owner, for the sake of the club blahblahblah, never washed with me... so I'll go with 'porky' on that one

jacomo
23-11-2017, 12:13 AM

I reckon she told him to take it and sort out his own mess.

ian cruise
23-11-2017, 07:39 AM
I reckon she told him to take it and sort out his own mess.

That was my assumption when I read the quote.

mjhibby
23-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Stewart is only stating the bleeding obvious and any normal club that would be the case. But if and when budge needs to make a decision what does she do. She'll bottle it and give him some sort of role and get some hearts minded coach in, guaranteed. Us being 9 points clear has them on the edge and I don't think they will beat county this weekend. I don't give a toss but if they can't raise their game to beat Partick in the big homecoming then the writing is on the wall. Mind you it's hertz were dealing with and they are as far attached from reality as you can get.

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2017, 11:13 AM
It seems evident that Potter wanted this job like a hole in head, but was all but forced to earn his corn by Budge after his disaterous appointment of Cathro. His penance was being taken from the nice warm boardoom where he could enjoy putting his feet up and the largeees of the fan funded regime, onto the cold, dank training ground, where he has to whip below average wasters into some kind of football unit.

I reckon he’s miserable and his passion for this coal face stuff has gone.

surreyhibbie
24-11-2017, 09:39 AM
of course it is.

some guy on Keechback pointing out that his first 10 results in charge are actually worse than Cathro's

:greengrin

lapsedhibee
24-11-2017, 10:35 AM
It seems evident that Potter wanted this job like a hole in head, but was all but forced to earn his corn by Budge after his disaterous appointment of Cathro. His penance was being taken from the nice warm boardoom where he could enjoy putting his feet up and the largeees of the fan funded regime, onto the cold, dank training ground, where he has to whip below average wasters into some kind of football unit.

:singing: Moved upstairs in the morning, you're getting moved upstairs in the morning :singing:

SirDavidsNapper
24-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Stewart has an almost embarrassing personal vendetta with Potter. It's a shame as he's letting it cloud his normally excellent judgement.

bigwheel
24-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Stewart has an almost embarrassing personal vendetta with Potter. It's a shame as he's letting it cloud his normally excellent judgement.

Do you agree that if Levein fails as manager, it might not be easy for him to go back to his Director of Football role? As that is all Stewart is saying here

Bostonhibby
24-11-2017, 11:40 AM
I reckon Stewart and dashing Bob have called it right. Pleasing, as they say.☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

snooky
24-11-2017, 11:43 AM

A miner point IMO, Bob. :wink: