PDA

View Full Version : Hibs results after international breaks

G B Young
20-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Been away for the weekend, so apologies if this has already been debated.

Our results this season haven't been good in the fixtures following international breaks, something Lennon alluded to at the weekend. Why should this be?

While I thought Scotland's recent friendly was unnecessary, I did think following our win over Dundee that we looked in need of a wee rest to recharge the batteries. It doesn't seem to work that way, though and we returned to action sluggish. Why does it seem hard for players to up the ante after a week off?

where'stheslope
21-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Been away for the weekend, so apologies if this has already been debated.

Our results this season haven't been good in the fixtures following international breaks, something Lennon alluded to at the weekend. Why should this be?

While I thought Scotland's recent friendly was unnecessary, I did think following our win over Dundee that we looked in need of a wee rest to recharge the batteries. It doesn't seem to work that way, though and we returned to action sluggish. Why does it seem hard for players to up the ante after a week off?

Every team usually looks to get players back from injuries and knocks during these breaks, it seems we go to sleep after them.

Thecat23
21-11-2017, 12:18 PM
It’s a strange one, Lennon was delighted to get the break and then blamed it for us losing momentum. I think it was another bad day at the office where everything was just flat. We need to up the levels big time on sat and I’m sure we will. After all we surely couldn’t be that bad 2 weeks in a row!!

Peevemor
21-11-2017, 12:24 PM
It’s a strange one, Lennon was delighted to get the break and then blamed it for us losing momentum. I think it was another bad day at the office where everything was just flat. We need to up the levels big time on sat and I’m sure we will. After all we surely couldn’t be that bad 2 weeks in a row!!

In an interview (press conference) that I saw, he said that the break had arrived at the right time given the number of injuries but said something along the lines of being able to tell after the first 20 minutes of the match whether we'd lost any momentum.

G B Young
21-11-2017, 12:35 PM

I must have missed him welcoming the break so as you say it's a bit strange to then say it affected our momentum. It's just frustrating to me that after having had some time to recharge the batteries you'd think football players would come flying out the blocks and be keen to make it five wins in a row. I guess you have to give credit to St Johnstone in part for preventing that happening mind you.

We've had a couple of blips like this already this season, which I guess are to be expected in our first season in the top flight. However, we've shown more often how good a side we can be so hopefully we get back on track this weekend.