PDA

View Full Version : Stokes - Billy big baws

macca70
18-11-2017, 11:43 PM
What was changed today from our successful last 4 wins?

The whole shape and formation was changed to try accommodate Billy big baws!!

Why McGeoch was on bench and Stokes started was baffling.

Stokes looked completely lost and totally uninterested from the start.

McGeoch is our best player, if he was fit enough to come on then he was fit enough to start.

Johnny_Leith
18-11-2017, 11:47 PM
McGeouch wasn't fit enough for 90 minutes, hence why he was left on the bench. You really think Lennon, who's been fill.of praise for DMs form, would not have him in the starting line up if possible??

As for your disrespect to Stokes, who if you recall played a significant part in a certain cup win, the man is allowed a bad game. He will be just as disappointed as you in his performance, hardly makes him "billy big balls".

sleeping giant
18-11-2017, 11:48 PM
Well we've had Tall Players , Skinny players , Fat players , Thin players and Cirrcumsized players.
Might as well have a big baws player :greengrin

Northernhibee
18-11-2017, 11:48 PM
He's one of the players most commonly found seeking data for post match analysis on how to improve. Hardly Billy Big Baws.

macca70
18-11-2017, 11:53 PM
McGeouch wasn't fit enough for 90 minutes, hence why he was left on the bench. You really think Lennon, who's been fill.of praise for DMs form, would not have him in the starting line up if possible??

As for your disrespect to Stokes, who if you recall played a significant part in a certain cup win, the man is allowed a bad game. He will be just as disappointed as you in his performance, hardly makes him "billy big balls".

So he’s fit enough to to play 25 but not fit enough to start?

macca70
18-11-2017, 11:55 PM
He's one of the players most commonly found seeking data for post match analysis on how to improve. Hardly Billy Big Baws.

He looked completely lost today, dropping sooo deep then looking forward to play a pass to where he should have been!!

Unless he gets the ball to his feet, he has no interest in moving to try chase it down.

Johnny_Leith
18-11-2017, 11:58 PM

His injury would have been monitored in the international break, in the run up to the game whilst deciding on his team McGeouch , either directly or through medical staff, would have informed Lennon if he was fit to start or if he could only participate for a bit of time.

If he wasn't fully fit, and he starts and need subs off its a sub used and it disrupts the team compared to using him as an impact if the player reckons he's only good for 30 minutes or so.

MWHIBBIES
18-11-2017, 11:59 PM
Total nonsense thread. Stokes won us the Dundee game by playing very well 2nd half. Its Barker that should be dropped.

''billy big baws'' is the only one who looked like scoring today.

Northernhibee
18-11-2017, 11:59 PM
He looked completely lost today, dropping sooo deep then looking forward to play a pass to where he should have been!!

Unless he gets the ball to his feet, he has no interest in moving to try chase it down.

It's incredible that when we lose the usual suspects who blatantly know **** all about football come out of the woodwork to show off their ignorance.

I'm not the biggest fan of Stokes but the "not interested" comments are ****ing lazy and wildly incorrect.

macca70
19-11-2017, 12:05 AM
It's incredible that when we lose the usual suspects who blatantly know **** all about football come out of the woodwork to show off their ignorance.

I'm not the biggest fan of Stokes but the "not interested" comments are ****ing lazy and wildly incorrect.

Know **** all about football? Really?

Northernhibee
19-11-2017, 12:12 AM

Aye, in your own words he is so disinterested in anything other than people playing the ball to his feet that he was dropping deep in an attempt to actually get the ball.

Go and sleep it off, sunshine.

woodyhfc4892
19-11-2017, 12:16 AM
Can’t disagree that Stokes, apart from the penalty, didn’t do a lot. The boy clearly has a lot of technical ability but doesn’t seem to put much effort in.. also agree McGeough should have started, even if he could only last first half, could give us the advantage instead of chasing yet another game at home.

monktonharp
19-11-2017, 12:37 AM
Total nonsense thread. Stokes won us the Dundee game by playing very well 2nd half. Its Barker that should be dropped.

''billy big baws'' is the only one who looked like scoring today.:agree:where was he expected to be? Squirrel had a poor game, on the wing. the young guy Barker made some good moves, first half. Simon Murray was centre. was Stokesy not to be playing a bit deeper, using his obvious guile, passing and his potential long range shooting as a ploy? or was he meant to right in the front scoring for us? he was not at his best, but played where I think he is best when we had the line up we had to start with.

Baader
19-11-2017, 12:46 AM
You mean the Billy Big Baws that scored twice in our Scottish Cup win?

McGeouch, I agree is our best player. He was on the bench because he limped off v Dundee and isn't fully fit.

BigT-Hibeez
19-11-2017, 12:58 AM
Well we've had Tall Players , Skinny players , Fat players , Thin players and Cirrcumsized players.
Might as well have a big baws player :greengrin

I heard from a good source at ER that his baws are wee.. Totally ***** thread...

Billy McKirdy
19-11-2017, 01:07 AM
From what I could see it was Boyle and Barker who were snuffed out effectively by the saints defence starving our forwards of a decent in ball, if I could see that why couldn’t Lenny? the whole shape was towards the successful wing play that’s brought us results recently, he should have changed things as soon as they opened the scoring as it just wasn’t happening for us. Stokesy was the least of our problems

SirDavidsNapper
19-11-2017, 01:09 AM
Meltdown after four wins in a row. Stokes is class.

WeeRussell
19-11-2017, 02:29 AM
Baffling that Stokes started?

This thread was started in an attempt to be billy Big baws.

J-C
19-11-2017, 05:34 AM
Stokes wasn't the problem, yes he didn't have great game but Barker is not a starter, very much an impact player and if you want to accuse anyone of being lazy you could accuse Barker, doesn't try leg most of the time, has a few wee tricks but nothing else, platters to deceive. Team shape was all wrong, we needed another midfielder there, baffled why Slivka didn't start and have a front 3 of Stokes, Murray and Boyle.

madhatter
19-11-2017, 06:02 AM
Stokes should've been off at half time. So many poor first touches, so many misplaced passes and no sign of this wonderful work ethic people talk about. At one point the ball was dropping between Stokes and McGinn about 5-10 yards from each. Stokes didn't move, not even an inch. McGinn didn't make a move towards the ball, it bounced, people shouted and McGinn went and got the ball. Stokes still standing stationary. Every time he lost the ball he gave up chasing back almost immediately and then looked to blame his teammate.

He had an absolute stinker and the reluctance to take him off is getting annoying. He is a member of the team like any other.

Brizo
19-11-2017, 06:54 AM
I don't know how keen Stokesy would be to be described as"Billy" big baws but yes he looked disinterested and made little effort. It's not the first time, there were plenty outings like that before the 21st May and that's what you get from him. You also get some really good performances and I think he's been pretty consistent this season.

I think he's one of these characters who will play when he's in the mood but it doesn't take much for him to not be in the mood. Not the most professional approach but if he was more focused he wouldn't be at ER.

He shouldn't be guaranteed a place but there were plenty others who deserved to be hooked yesterday.It was a bad day all round yesterday so maybe unfair to single him out ?

we are hibs
19-11-2017, 06:58 AM
Too many people been listening to that idiot Thomson in the papers. Stokes puts the effort in. Stokes is ahead of most in our team in terms of technique and ability to change a game. He had a poor game yesterday where nothing came off for him but it wasn't through lack of effort, was Murray being ***** yesterday down to a lack of effort? Or Boyle? Seems like stokes is an easy target when we don't win. The laziness thing is as big a myth as "stokes was ***** in the championship". He wasn't ***** in the championship, he didn't score lots of goals but he contributed in other ways.

judas
19-11-2017, 06:59 AM

How's the hangover?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-11-2017, 07:01 AM
Baffling that Stokes started?

This thread was started in an attempt to be billy Big baws.

Owch.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-11-2017, 07:04 AM
I’m finding it hard to imagine how Lennon would allow a billy big balls type of mentality to persist. Can’t see it.

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 07:07 AM
I like Stokes, offers that something special at times. Yesterday he was poor but no worse than the rest! I do think Lennon got it wrong yesterday but that’s just me. Sure we’ll be back to winning ways soon enough.

Jones28
19-11-2017, 07:13 AM

Yes. That's exactly right.

Last time out Stokes came on and changed the game, hence his deserved inclusion.

Firestarter
19-11-2017, 07:17 AM
Disrespectful to a legend.

green day
19-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Stokes was poor yesterday, but I don't think he had a bad attitude - just a poor game.

Very consistent when we get pens though.

Stokes offers a wee bit of magic now and again, well worth the start yesterday after saving the day last time out.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2017, 07:25 AM

McGeoch is our best player, if he was fit enough to come on then he was fit enough to start.

Blame the manager then.

matty_f
19-11-2017, 07:29 AM
This place is mental after a defeat.

Stokes didn't have a good game, he was better second half than he was first, but I don't think he was found wanting for effort.

Mikey09
19-11-2017, 07:43 AM
The defeat isn't good. The manner of it is ****. But Stokes "Billy Big Baws?!"

Get this thread tae ****.

TheHarpy76
19-11-2017, 07:49 AM
You mean the Billy Big Baws that scored twice in our Scottish Cup win?

McGeouch, I agree is our best player. He was on the bench because he limped off v Dundee and isn't fully fit.

I don’t particularly agree with the OP but does scoring twice in the cup final make him immune to criticism?

Ilovehibs
19-11-2017, 07:58 AM
Glad he had big baws when he stepped up and slotted that pen home. Class.

macca70
19-11-2017, 08:04 AM
Why drop McGeoch, our best player recently IMO to accommodate Stokes?

Peevemor
19-11-2017, 08:06 AM

Maybe after his wee injury he wasn't going to get the a full game whether Stokes was back or not? :dunno:

hibsbollah
19-11-2017, 08:12 AM

:grr: faffing round with his video console when he should be out training with the lads :grr: guillaume gros balons indeed.

Firestarter
19-11-2017, 08:13 AM
I don’t particularly agree with the OP but does scoring twice in the cup final make him immune to criticism?

It immunes him from being called uncalled for names that isn't merited.

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 08:14 AM

He wasn’t fit to play a full 90 mins after tweaking his hamstring, so Lennon put him sub.

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 08:17 AM

Not at all, I think Stokes had a poor game yesterday by his standards and it happens. But he’s still a class player and one that when struggling more often than not could get you a goal out of nothing or set up one. Dundee game when he crossed for Murray being one.

TheHarpy76
19-11-2017, 08:18 AM
It immunes him from being called uncalled for names that isn't merited.

Absolutely.
That’s why I said that I didn’t agree with the OP.

Heisenberg
19-11-2017, 08:19 AM
Folk overreact so much to both defeats/wins sometimes on here. Stokes has gone from an utterly outstanding player after Dundee to a billy big baws lazy waste of space. He’s not going to turn on the style and be outstanding 100% of the time and neither are Hibs. He’s a good player and we’re lucky to have him.

Congruence
19-11-2017, 08:33 AM

Stokes didn't have a good game, he was better second half than he was first, but I don't think he was found wanting for effort.

:thumbsup:

Congruence
19-11-2017, 08:33 AM
Folk overreact so much to both defeats/wins sometimes on here. Stokes has gone from an utterly outstanding player after Dundee to a billy big baws lazy waste of space. He’s not going to turn on the style and be outstanding 100% of the time and neither are Hibs. He’s a good player and we’re lucky to have him.

:thumbsup:

neil7908
19-11-2017, 08:34 AM
He was very poor yesterday but by no means the only one.

Overall he's played well this season and gives us a bit of guile up front. He was completely crowded out yesterday every time he got the ball but the team wasn't set up well and plenty of others had an off day.

I think Murray was equally bad but seems to have escaped criticism.

Lennon is guilty for me of chopping and changing things too much. We had two wingers on yesterday but I can't remember either of them putting a single quality ball in the box.

By now we should have a settled formation and line up, with changes only happening if necessary (ie. injuries).

hibee_girl
19-11-2017, 08:51 AM
To say he was uninterested is just wrong, he worked hard yesterday it just didn’t come off a lot of the time. Players have bad games, it happens.

I agree he maybe should have been subbed but then I do understand why he wasn’t. He might not be having a great game but he can win us a game with one touch of skill so like I say I understand why Lennon kept him on.

thebausburst
19-11-2017, 08:59 AM

''billy big baws'' is the only one who looked like scoring today.

This 100%, don’t understand all the negativity towards Stokes, Barker is an empty jersey with no end product Stokes scores a pressure penalty and gets slated 🤦🏻*♂️

easty
19-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Is it 9 goals in 14 games for "Billy Big Baws" this season?

I wish the rest of our players put as little effort in as he does to the team.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-11-2017, 09:24 AM
I don't know how keen Stokesy would be to be described as"Billy" big baws but yes he looked disinterested and made little effort. It's not the first time, there were plenty outings like that before the 21st May and that's what you get from him. You also get some really good performances and I think he's been pretty consistent this season.

I think he's one of these characters who will play when he's in the mood but it doesn't take much for him to not be in the mood. Not the most professional approach but if he was more focused he wouldn't be at ER.

He shouldn't be guaranteed a place but there were plenty others who deserved to be hooked yesterday.It was a bad day all round yesterday so maybe unfair to single him out ?

This.

Over reaction .net is in full swing after a defeat as usual. 2 players yesterday got pass marks for me. Hanlon and Bartley. The rest were mostly poor to average with one or 2 glimpses of something decent (Boyle and barker in particular)

There's so many fans favourites that were as bad or worse than stokesy yesterday.

Get a grip

eastcoasthibby
19-11-2017, 09:28 AM
Aye, in your own words he is so disinterested in anything other than people playing the ball to his feet that he was dropping deep in an attempt to actually get the ball.

Go and sleep it off, sunshine.

I get it to an extent about Stokes at times but he drops deep to try andink things up, when we play with just the 2 in central midfield, mainly in my because mcginn is left to try and create from that area on his own because can't do that ...the fact about yesterday was both wide players and murray and stokes were not showing and moving to get the ball, boyle and barker stayed to rigidly wide and were easily marked ..hence we created little going forward ...dont think stokes was only one not looking the part though !!

Keith_M
19-11-2017, 09:32 AM
If we're looking for a word to describe yesterday I'd suggest 'ponderous', and it applies to the team not an individual player.

Billychaotic182
19-11-2017, 09:48 AM
The reason Stokes started is because he came on and won us the game against Dundee. We had better shape and movement in the dundee game when Stokes came on. But each game is a different tactical battle. Stokes didn’t lose us this game. For me the game was lost in the middle of the park. Only John was playing the ball forward and looking for the ball from the midfield. Not having a pop at Bartley as I know that’s not his game but McGinn did miss having someone else in there with him. How many throw ins did we have where no one was making a move for the ball so McGinn had to try and make something for his team because no one else moved for the ball.

But as for the Billy Big Baws comment. Cumon man! He was hardly terrible. Seems like people love to have a scape goat everytime something doesn’t go our way. We are called supporters, let’s support the team, rather than name calling on a message board like some angry 14 year old keyboard warrior!

emerald green
19-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Hibs played very poorly, as a team, yesterday with the exception of Paul Hanlon. Marciano also had several very good saves, but looks weak under high cross balls.

To single out Stokes in the manner of the OP is ridiculous. Stokes deserves great credit for keeping his head and taking responsibility for the penalty, and scoring with it. Despite attempts by St Johnstone players to put him off (which Thomson ignored).

mcfly
19-11-2017, 10:11 AM

Terrible post.... were you at the game??

The whole team looked flat - except Marciano and Bartley they were all poor.

St Johnston’s played anti football with 2 walls of yellow jerseys.

Appalling boring negative team. It showed to me how other clubs view hibs when they employ those tactics. It was the usual appalling performance from officials though especially east stand linesman who got nothing right all day.

As for your comments on Anthony Stokes - utter nonsense to single out 1 player.

Bad day at office for us - we move on but Home form needs to pick up

kaimendhibs
19-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Stokes puts in plenty of effort. I dont get why he is called lazy and disinterested. Hear it all the time. Great player who may have the odd poor game, like anyone can

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BegbieHSC
19-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Get a grip!

There are far bigger culprits in the squad who only turn up for the big games (eg SJM), but at the end of the day it’s a team effort. Others must drive those with their heads down a bit to do better.

The way the this place turns against individual players after a defeat is astonishing. Stokesy is a legend, and created the best day of our lives, yet some on here (but more so on the FB pages) turn on him if he doesn’t turn in the best performance.

This post is disrespectful, knee-jerk & frankly ignorant.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2017, 10:23 AM
We had a bad game, we have some blaming Stevenson, some blaming Stokes. The lot of them were off it a little, and we lost.

When we are fighting relegation, that's the time to point fingers. This team are punching their weight with Stevenson and Stokes, and when we are doing this, they deserve to be cut some slack for a bloody change.

sleeping giant
19-11-2017, 10:29 AM
Stokes has really big baws
Your underpants are terrified
Stokes has really big baws
Tea bag takers are terrified
Na na na .........

snooky
19-11-2017, 10:30 AM
St Johnstone closed our players down from the start and never stopped. Usually teams that do that run out of steam. Oddly enough they still looked fresh at the end while we looked wabbit.
I felt sorry for SJM as he seemed to be playing in a one-man midfield with 3 players on him all the time. None of the players excelled themselves yesterday although the player that disappointed me the most was Murray. He looked slow.
St Johnstone came and played the spoiling game. Horrible to watch but they got the points.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Stokes first game back and scores a last minute penalty.... some lesser players might have crumbled under that pressure and sent the ball to row z....yet still not good enough for some.

huggie1875
19-11-2017, 10:43 AM
we win as a team and lose as a team no need to hunt for a whipping boy nobody had a good game yesterday

Mikey
19-11-2017, 10:54 AM

It's difficult to take people seriously when they come out with such hyperbole.

truehibernian
19-11-2017, 11:07 AM
Lays on the winner with a pin point cross last week, villain for some this week :rolleyes:

Also can't believe the stick Lewis is getting too - 'goals came from his side'............how about the fact they got the ball wide with such ease and not a midfielder in sight to double up, close space, and harry the player ?

Lewis isn't above blame, a Stokes isn't beyond criticism, but sometimes folk have to look at the bigger picture and the fact that we are 3rd in a league we've been out of for 3 years and playing, in the main, some really decent football. This team will have off days, usually an off half here and there. But to be where we are after a round of fixtures, beating Hearts, The Rangers, 'Well and running Celtic close..........I'll happily take that and still clap my happy hands loudly :aok:

Northernhibee
19-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Lays on the winner with a pin point cross last week, villain for some this week :rolleyes:

Also can't believe the stick Lewis is getting too - 'goals came from his side'............how about the fact they got the ball wide with such ease and not a midfielder in sight to double up, close space, and harry the player ?

Lewis isn't above blame, a Stokes isn't beyond criticism, but sometimes folk have to look at the bigger picture and the fact that we are 3rd in a league we've been out of for 3 years and playing, in the main, some really decent football. This team will have off days, usually an off half here and there. But to be where we are after a round of fixtures, beating Hearts, The Rangers, 'Well and running Celtic close..........I'll happily take that and still clap my happy hands loudly :aok:

Yep. "Stokes is lazy/disinterested/billy big baws" "Stevenson put the ball out of play a couple of minutes before the goal" - I give him full credit for getting it right in the last few games with the 4-3-3 but Lennon is to blame for yesterday. Tactics that left our full backs exposed badly, our midfield pairing short of numbers and our strikers short of truly quality service. Weird subs too.

Hopefully we go back to a 4-3-3 for the next game.

silverhibee
19-11-2017, 11:38 AM
Is it 9 goals in 14 games for "Billy Big Baws" this season?

I wish the rest of our players put as little effort in as he does to the team.

It's "Timmy Big Baws". :greengrin

macca70
01-12-2017, 03:00 AM
So as it turns out, the club had to discipline Stokes for his attitude and for being a ‘Billy Big Baws’.

Who would have thought that would happen 🤔

HoboHarry
01-12-2017, 03:25 AM
So as it turns out, the club had to discipline Stokes for his attitude and for being a ‘Billy Big Baws’.

Aye, ferkin end of the world so it is........:rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-12-2017, 05:11 AM

Do you know what the disciplinary was for?

matty_f
01-12-2017, 05:42 AM
Do you know what the disciplinary was for?

It was for giving his over-sized gonads the name "Billy" rather than the more appropriate "Buster".

Lennon was furious as only just that morning, Lewis Stevenson has missed the opportunity to nickname the East Mains postie "Postman Plod" when he called him "Pat" instead. **** didn't even have a cat.

hibsbollah
01-12-2017, 06:32 AM
It was for giving his over-sized gonads the name "Billy" rather than the more appropriate "Buster".

Lennon was furious as only just that morning, Lewis Stevenson has missed the opportunity to nickname the East Mains postie "Postman Plod" when he called him "Pat" instead. **** didn't even have a cat.

:faf:
Tony Stokes and his Unfeasibly Large Testicles, as Viz comic might say.

WeeRussell
01-12-2017, 07:53 AM

Haha settle down.

You posted that at 4am.. wonder if, as someone alluded to earlier in the thread, you’ve been on the sauce before charging on with these posts.

A story about stokes being disciplined by Lennon doesn’t make your nonsense thread anymore legit.

poolman
01-12-2017, 09:01 AM

Why don't you give it a bloody rest :rolleyes:

macca70
01-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Haha settle down.

You posted that at 4am.. wonder if, as someone alluded to earlier in the thread, you’ve been on the sauce before charging on with these posts.

A story about stokes being disciplined by Lennon doesn’t make your nonsense thread anymore legit.

Can someone not be up at 4am without having had a drink?!

I was right though, anyone who giving attitude to their boss is a Billy Big Baws.

No 1 player is bigger than the club.

monktonharp
01-12-2017, 08:08 PM
I don’t particularly agree with the OP but does scoring twice in the cup final make him immune to criticism?Virtually, YES:smug::rotflmao:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-12-2017, 08:32 PM
:faf:
Tony Stokes and his Unfeasibly Large Testicles, as Viz comic might say.

Squeak, squeak, spoing

WeeRussell
01-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Can someone not be up at 4am without having had a drink?!

I was right though, anyone who giving attitude to their boss is a Billy Big Baws.

No 1 player is bigger than the club.

They can, be yes. And people can also spout absolute nonsense without having a drink.

I was just putting 2 and 2 together.