PDA

View Full Version : Hibs tv

Bay Area Hibees
18-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Terrible service today constantly dropped.
Just gave up in the end.
Hope the tech team are aware and can work on it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Radio was fine.

The Tubs
18-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Terrible service today constantly dropped.
Just gave up in the end.
Hope the tech team are aware and can work on it.

It was great here. I had some problems a few weeks ago, but it turns out my provider throttles my signal for foreign servers. Using a proxy gets round that. Check if it's something similar.

Though, it all got a bit weird at the penalty when the commentary cut out and we just got interference. I think that must have been due to somebody from the BBC crew tripping over a wire or something - but nothing to do with the signal.

aussie_hibee
18-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Commentary sounded very tinny today.
Green screen flashing up all game.
Commentary switched to bbc Alba as penalty was given.
Then interference and lost footage altogether before penalty was taken, only to get it back just before they score the winner.

Rubbish on the pitch and on hibstv today

Jim_in_Canada
18-11-2017, 04:26 PM
When the penalty was given, the commentary switched to the Gaelic coverage and before it was taken, it cut out altogether. Had to log back in, just in time to see the winning goal go in !!!!

SingaporeHibs
18-11-2017, 04:46 PM
The picture quality was its usual high standard in Singapore but the flashing green screen was a bit annoying at times. It completely dropped for me at the penalty, I got the black screen but just left it be and it returned just as the penalty was hitting the net. I didn't get the Alba commentary at any stage, funny how some get a different experience like that. The tech guys at HibsTV should be aware, I would Guess the Alba feed was the problem today although like I said before, the quality was still excellent.

Hibrandenburg
18-11-2017, 05:45 PM
Tried Hibs TV several times in the past and was left disappointed at least 50% of the time. A bit like buying a season ticket and being denied entry to half the home games or being tossed out at half time.

millarco
18-11-2017, 05:47 PM
Apologies to subscribers for the poorer feed than usual, and for the issues at the penalty.

We take a direct feed from the host broadcaster for matches into our own machines - this allows us to get the best quality output (multiple cameras, high quality etc).

Two things appeared to cause these separate issues:

-a poor connection between us and the broadcaster (hasn't been an issue before and there didn't appear to be anything untoward in the pre-match testing. The glitching wasn't as much of an issue in the second half from out end, so the work at half-time appeared to rectify the issue.

-a computer system failure just before the penalty was taken. The guys were able to react very quickly to restore picture at the end and recover the commentary (perhaps unfortunately!) to show the final minute or so, but it clearly impacted on the quality of output.

It's also had an impact on the coverage we can push out for highlights/full match replay - the second half replay will have the gaelic commentary rather than our usual stuff with Cliff and the guys.

Hopefully that all makes some sense - a frustrating afternoon all round.

Thanks,

Colin

Bay Area Hibees
18-11-2017, 09:58 PM
Cheers Colin