PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Wright.

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Utter **** of a manager. Hope nothing but misery on him.

-Jonesy-
18-11-2017, 04:05 PM
Care to elaborate?

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Watch the highlights after second goal. Nearly caused a riot!

-Jonesy-
18-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me 👍🏻

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me 👍🏻

He was acting a **** simple as that.

18-11-2017, 04:22 PM

Can you explain how

-Jonesy-
18-11-2017, 04:24 PM

I didn't mean that to sound as cheeky as it came out, sorry :D

Del Boy
18-11-2017, 04:24 PM
No fan of Wright but if the roles were reversed Lennon would have been celebrating like a daftie and we’d all be saying it was brilliant

Though I should add still don’t know what he’s alleged to have done!

overdrive
18-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Their number 6 is a knob as well. What was going on with him and folk in the West lower in the second half?

tamig
18-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Wright’s entitled to celebrate after the run they’ve been on. Far too many precious petals about these days.

oneone73
18-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Wright’s entitled to celebrate after the run they’ve been on. Far too many precious petals about these days.

Hear hear.

bigstu
18-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Can only assume he was being given abuse when we scored as his reaction to their winner was a disgrace

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 04:34 PM
I didn't mean that to sound as cheeky as it came out, sorry :D

👍🏼 No worries mate, he went overboard goading the fans. Nothing wrong with giving it back many managers do but he went to far imo.

Swedish hibee
18-11-2017, 04:40 PM
I don't get folk on here sometimes.. I'd have been going ******g mental if Hibs had scored and I'm sure NL would've been too.

Brooster
18-11-2017, 04:42 PM
I don't get folk on here sometimes.. I'd have been going ******g mental if Hibs had scored and I'm sure NL would've been too.

Correct. Folk need to get over themselves.

bingo70
18-11-2017, 04:43 PM
We should release a statement and get the police involved.

leither17
18-11-2017, 04:46 PM
And a petition

guthrie01
18-11-2017, 04:48 PM
How dare a manager celebrate his team scoring a last minute goal. Love it when managers go over the top celebrating, some fans love to give the opposition abuse but are then outraged when they give it right back.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Did he go as far as cupping?

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Nothing wrong with celebrating a goal. Managers do it all the time. Telling hibs fans to c’mon then takes it to far. Guys a ****ing welt, sorry if I don’t fall into the love in for the ****.

Hi Heid Yin
18-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Tommy Wright is a damn good manager. I have no issue with him celebrating/over celebrating a last minute winner.
Neil Lennon would have done the same.

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Tommy Wright is a damn good manager. I have no issue with him celebrating/over celebrating a last minute winner.

Would he have run to the Saints fans saying c’mon then?? Nope didn’t think so.

bingo70
18-11-2017, 05:20 PM

Not far off it tbh.

Sorry TC, I think you and the other folk who sit near the away team dig out are being a bit precious here.

Who cares what he did? Footballs an emotional game, he just reacted the way he felt natural to him.

Hi Heid Yin
18-11-2017, 05:21 PM

It's all part of the game. Emotions run high, especially with such a crazy ending.
I was more disappointed and focused on our own failure to lift our game in the preceding 89 minutes.

cleanyman
18-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Look at Lennon at Ibrox. We loved every second.

Del Boy
18-11-2017, 05:31 PM
Look at Lennon at Ibrox. We loved every second.

Exactly

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Not far off it tbh.

Sorry TC, I think you and the other folk who sit near the away team dig out are being a bit precious here.

Who cares what he did? Footballs an emotional game, he just reacted the way he felt natural to him.

Fair dos, I’ve chilled a bit since leaving and as much as I think he went to far he was prob overcome with emotion.

He’s still a **** though 😁

keep the faith
18-11-2017, 05:32 PM
I was right behind the visitors dug out and it was bizarre. I don't buy into the idea that managers can get a pile of abuse and not be able to respond but today was wierd. Wright didn't really get a hard time but went ballistic after the first and especially the last goal. Again, understandable but it was the anger and foul language from wright which upset a lot in the stands.

LaMotta
18-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Fair dos, I’ve chilled a bit since leaving and as much as I think he went to far he was prob overcome with emotion.

He’s still a **** though 😁

I'm guessing the folk sticking up for Tommy Wright didn't see it. It was pretty bizarre to say the least!

I won't be losing any sleep over it, but he was defo behaving like a walloper.

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 06:08 PM
I'm guessing the folk sticking up for Tommy Wright didn't see it. It was pretty bizarre to say the least!

I won't be losing any sleep over it, but he was defo behaving like a walloper.

Im guessing not, it really was all a bit strange and he did go over the top. I don’t know why he was so angry and wanting to have a square with the fans.

LaMotta
18-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Im guessing not, it really was all a bit strange and he did go over the top. I don’t know why he was so angry and wanting to have a square with the fans.

Few others on the bench as well, not just Wright . Im assuming folk had been winding them up during the game. Callum Davidson was being held back at Final whistle, trying to go over to someone in the crowd.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2017, 06:20 PM
The big man was shouting at me. :faf:

silverhibee
18-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Few others on the bench as well, not just Wright . Im assuming folk had been winding them up during the game. Callum Davidson was being held back at Final whistle, trying to go over to someone in the crowd.

Was Liam Craig hiding.

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 06:22 PM

I seen that at the end, Davidson was always a nutter as a player wouldn’t fancy my chances going up against him. 😳

Famous Fiver
18-11-2017, 06:24 PM
I noticed that Liam Craig left the field quietly after the match and did not involve himself in the love in with their fans.

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 06:26 PM
I noticed that Liam Craig left the field quietly after the match and did not involve himself in the love in with their fans.

Yep, while he rest walk over the away fans he just turned back down the tunnel. Foster and co were giving it large to a few Hibs fans who were walking out the West.

Crab apple
18-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Yep, while he rest walk over the away fans he just turned back down the tunnel. Foster and co were giving it large to a few Hibs fans who were walking out the West.

Foster and Davidson were acting like total fannies. Advertising hoardings got a kicking in some bizarre celebration. Not the usual farmers only support today either.

RoxburghHibs
18-11-2017, 06:36 PM
Their number 6 is a knob as well. What was going on with him and folk in the West lower in the second half?

I don't mind the manager or players going mental as it was a very late winner so totally understandable. In fact I'd be disappointed if they didn't celebrate as they did. It's what makes football the great sport it is. But not sure what Paton's grip was (their number 6) - he was goading the Hibs fans a fair amount. Came up to the West stand after the goal and made a few gestures whilst the other players were with their fans celebrating. He also did similar when walking off - wafting his hand in front off his nose and pointing at fans etc. A tad odd behaviour unless he was getting abuse before this that I missed?

Stantons Angel
18-11-2017, 06:41 PM

You have started your post off so well, celebrate..... precious petals...... i can assure you if you had been sitting there you would have been just as irate as we were!

We all know that football is a passionate game and sometimes we become wrapped up in the emotions of what is going on around us and on the field of play.

We also know that Wright is a big con jovial Irishman who has done a great job with limited resources,It has to be said that after his behaviour today he has slipped down the popularity stakes as far as im concerned.

His language throughout the first half was really bad even at his own players. then when they scored first he took off on a tirade of abuse at the Hibs support gesticulating and shouting to the crowd around him "get that right up you, you B.....ds! The precious petals took that as an insult and protested to the stewards about it.

They said they had reported it to their control and that was all they could do!

Then we were given the penalty and he was off going nuts at the fourth official, yes i know a lot of managers do that ours included.

Then when their second goal went in he went beserk...... if the young steward laddie had not grabbed him in a bear hug when he was coming full pelt at the Hibs supporters he would have done some damage and could have caused a mini riot.

I do know that the managers are allowed to celebrate but if that had been Lennon doing that all hell would have broken loose!

After the final whistle the fans made their feelings known and an Elderly "gentleman" advised us that it was a game of football and we all loose the nut and behave like that and he had often........ i dont know if i was supposed to be impressed by that or not?

overdrive
18-11-2017, 06:41 PM
I don't mind the manager or players going mental as it was a very late winner so totally understandable. In fact I'd be disappointed if they didn't celebrate as they did. It's what makes football the great sport it is. But not sure what Paton's grip was (their number 6) - he was goading the Hibs fans a fair amount. Came up to the West stand after the goal and made a few gestures whilst the other players were with their fans celebrating. He also did similar when walking off - wafting his hand in front off his nose and pointing at fans etc. A tad odd behaviour unless he was getting abuse before this that I missed?

Even before the goal, he seemed to be having an argument with fans in the West when the ball went out of play. He was still gesturing and shouting at them for about 30 seconds after play restarted.

He should also have been booked at the penalty the way he was abusing the linesman and referee.

Hiber-nation
18-11-2017, 06:44 PM

Steven Anderson was no 6.

RoxburghHibs
18-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Steven Anderson was no 6.

Oh well not number six then. It was Paton who was on the wind up.

neil7908
18-11-2017, 06:49 PM
I didn't see anything on the bench but the way there players and fans celebrated both goals was bizarre.

You'd think they'd just won a derby or a cup final they way they went on.

Hoping we give them a doing next game. We made them look better than they are based on recent results.

hibee_girl
18-11-2017, 06:54 PM
I didn't see anything on the bench but the way there players and fans celebrated both goals was bizarre.

You'd think they'd just won a derby or a cup final they way they went on.

Hoping we give them a doing next game. We made them look better than they are based on recent results.

:agree:

They were throwing their shirts into the crowd at the end, I mean I know they hadn't scored in a while but even so... :confused:

iwasthere1972
18-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Who do I write to to complain about their goalkeeper, who as soon as the final whistle went, turned around to us in the FF to show his delight in their win. Disgusting behaviour. Hopefully a six match ban will be forthcoming.

FranckSuzy
18-11-2017, 06:59 PM
One of our more well-known fans shouted "Irish duck!" in the direction of the away dug out at FT so I assume TW had wound him up too. At least, I think that's what he called him...... :wink:

Famous Fiver
18-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Interesting one about the shirts into the crowd at the end.

I thought the referee was in charge of the players until they left the field.

He booked one of their goalscorer for removing his top, so where's the difference with the mass strip off after the final whistle?

Perhaps someone with a better understanding of the laws can elaborate?

ekhibee
18-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Then maybe you should watch how he celebrated.

Swedish hibee
18-11-2017, 07:21 PM
Could it be his last game & he's off to the huns perhaps?? Leaving the Saints on a high so to speak..

Mr White
18-11-2017, 07:21 PM
One of our more well-known fans shouted "Irish duck!" in the direction of the away dug out at FT so I assume TW had wound him up too. At least, I think that's what he called him...... :wink:

Nice. Hibs fan in schizophrenic reaction to Ireland and Irish identity. That's a first so it is :cb

Particularly crass given our own manager was born and raised in the same province of Ireland.

emerald green
18-11-2017, 07:25 PM

Where does Neil Lennon come from? :rolleyes:

Jay
18-11-2017, 07:30 PM

Yep pretty disgusting stuff

The Harp Awakes
18-11-2017, 07:31 PM
The Hibs fans gave him it tight after the equaliser. He gave it back big style after the winner.

Fair do's I suppose.

He was growling the whole game though. I think maybe he doesn't like us:dunno:

tamig
18-11-2017, 07:33 PM
You have started your post off so well, celebrate..... precious petals...... i can assure you if you had been sitting there you would have been just as irate as we were!

We all know that football is a passionate game and sometimes we become wrapped up in the emotions of what is going on around us and on the field of play.

We also know that Wright is a big con jovial Irishman who has done a great job with limited resources,It has to be said that after his behaviour today he has slipped down the popularity stakes as far as im concerned.

His language throughout the first half was really bad even at his own players. then when they scored first he took off on a tirade of abuse at the Hibs support gesticulating and shouting to the crowd around him "get that right up you, you B.....ds! The precious petals took that as an insult and protested to the stewards about it.

They said they had reported it to their control and that was all they could do!

Then we were given the penalty and he was off going nuts at the fourth official, yes i know a lot of managers do that ours included.

Then when their second goal went in he went beserk...... if the young steward laddie had not grabbed him in a bear hug when he was coming full pelt at the Hibs supporters he would have done some damage and could have caused a mini riot.

I do know that the managers are allowed to celebrate but if that had been Lennon doing that all hell would have broken loose!

After the final whistle the fans made their feelings known and an Elderly "gentleman" advised us that it was a game of football and we all loose the nut and behave like that and he had often........ i dont know if i was supposed to be impressed by that or not?
I think the old boy just about summed it up. Can you honestly say that nobody had given Wright abuse earlier in the game? Maybe you never heard it. And folk seriously complained to the stewards? What’s the world come to?

18-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Yep pretty disgusting stuff

Hibs.net is not the place to police other fans. Especially “well known” ones. No wonder FD stays off this site.

FranckSuzy
18-11-2017, 07:38 PM
Hibs.net is not the place to police other fans. Especially “well known” ones. No wonder FD stays off this site.

I never mentioned any names so maybe you'd better take your own advice and then delete your post as it's casting aspersions :aok:

Ken
18-11-2017, 07:39 PM
I didn't really have much of an opinion of Tommy Wright before the game but after that pathetic celebration he is well and truly in the 'he's a complete cu**' category now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay
18-11-2017, 07:40 PM

I didnt name anybody. :confused:

18-11-2017, 07:40 PM
I never mentioned any names so maybe you'd better take your own advice and then delete your post as it's casting aspersions :aok:

Assume you never said anything to the person at the time? Funny that.

FranckSuzy
18-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Assume you never said anything to the person at the time? Funny that.

Nah, I prefer to challenge people on their behaviour on the internet. Just like you.

Spike Mandela
18-11-2017, 07:52 PM
For me it's a passionate game and a victory with the last kick of the ball deserves a big celebration. Water off a duck's back for me although Wright did make a bit of a dick of himself.

However with the media frenzy surrounding Neil Lennon's gestures at Ibrox it would be consistent if the press were talking about wright's actions for days............but they won't.

McD
18-11-2017, 08:11 PM

Since no names were mentioned, it’s hardly policing... although challenging someone in this manner when they are describing what they saw, you come across as trying to police people.

Mr White
18-11-2017, 08:15 PM
If anyone shouting that kind of ignorant pish at a Hibs match ends up having to face up to it and apologise then they only have themselves to blame IMO.

bingo70
18-11-2017, 08:17 PM
I’m confused, Is the suggestion that FD shouted abuse at Tommy Wright or was his name brought into it for other reasons?

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2017, 09:35 PM
I’m confused, Is the suggestion that FD shouted abuse at Tommy Wright or was his name brought into it for other reasons?

Having read tbe thread it appears to me that FD has been mentioned only by someone complaining about policing fans on .net! He obviously doesn't do irony.

Criswell
18-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Don't think I have ever seen a winning manager go so absolutely mental in my life. Totally lost it! Embarrassing!

Stantons Angel
18-11-2017, 11:33 PM
I think the old boy just about summed it up. Can you honestly say that nobody had given Wright abuse earlier in the game? Maybe you never heard it. And folk seriously complained to the stewards? What’s the world come to?

If you had seen this man coming at you like a steamroller with that look on his face then you too pal would be complaining to the nearest cop or steward.

I did not hear anything being said to the bench that warranted the language and aggression coming from this man, it was just unbelievable to see happen at a football game. How are managers going to be respected by their players when acting like that.

As ive said before if this was Lennon acting like that he would be sent to the stand and an investigation warranted. Sunday newspapers headlines would be full or it too.

Its the worst behaviour ive seen from a mahager in all the years ive followed football. I know he was pleased but, well he just lost it completely!

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2017, 11:53 PM
I love irate Hibs fans, we do no wrong but expect exemplary behaviour from EVERYONE else.

And we never see what might cause any reaction from normally reasonable people.

If we'd won we'd have no complaints, well maybe one about the singing section? :rolleyes:

givescotlandfreedom
19-11-2017, 02:18 AM
I couldn't get off work for the game so am maybe not as wound up as most on here but don't forget they are a pishy wee club winning against a proper footballing side so are bound to be very excited. Hope their fans have a crap harvest, nonetheless.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2017, 07:29 AM
I couldn't get off work for the game so am maybe not as wound up as most on here but don't forget they are a pishy wee club winning against a proper footballing side so are bound to be very excited. Hope their fans have a crap harvest, nonetheless.

That's the sort of crap you expect Jambos to spout when we beat them, deary me.

Mr Grieves
19-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Who do I write to to complain about their goalkeeper, who as soon as the final whistle went, turned around to us in the FF to show his delight in their win. Disgusting behaviour. Hopefully a six match ban will be forthcoming.

I know you're being sarcastic, but the goalkeeper giving it the 'get it right up ye' fist pump to a stand full of kids, that barely made a sound, while backing away was a bit sad really.

ian cruise
19-11-2017, 08:54 AM
I think their celebrations and behaviour was probably a lot of mind games, wind up the fans to take their attention away from getting behind the team and put everyone on edge. I'd say it worked too.

Also believe that many teams still view us as a big scalp even though we've been out of the league for 3 years. You can see just by the defensive strategy that many teams are adopting when setting up against us.

Not excusing the behaviour, just looking at reasons why the team and Wright acted as they did.

I'm_cabbaged
19-11-2017, 08:57 AM
I think their celebrations and behaviour was probably a lot of mind games, wind up the fans to take their attention away from getting behind the team and put everyone on edge. I'd say it worked too.

Also believe that many teams still view us as a big scalp even though we've been out of the league for 3 years. You can see just by the defensive strategy that many teams are adopting when setting up against us.

Not excusing the behaviour, just looking at reasons why the team and Wright acted as they did.

Aye, I’m more inclined to take it as a compliment tbh.

wookie70
19-11-2017, 09:16 AM
How the boy who scored stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Top off booking, left pitch and went into stand must be a booking, spent an eternity celebrating with fans. Meanwhile another player repeatedly kicked the advertising board. It was all a bit ott but fans seem to enjoy it. If we had not scored or won for so long I expect a last minute winning goal may have got a big reaction. I would rather have watched our players doing it than theirs but not sure ours had the energy or the appetite to show such emotion yesterday.

SirDavidsNapper
19-11-2017, 09:24 AM
A manager on a terrible run sees his team snatch a draw from the jaws of victory then snatch a dramatic winner all in the space of a minute in injury time. Nothing to see here

Dashing Bob S
19-11-2017, 09:25 AM
I love irate Hibs fans, we do no wrong but expect exemplary behaviour from EVERYONE else.

And we never see what might cause any reaction from normally reasonable people.

If we'd won we'd have no complaints, well maybe one about the singing section? :rolleyes:

We are absolutely entitled to expect nothing less than exemplary behavior and passive submission from all visitors to Easter Road. And damn them all to hell if they fail to comply.

overdrive
19-11-2017, 09:26 AM
How the boy who scored stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Top off booking, left pitch and went into stand must be a booking, spent an eternity celebrating with fans. Meanwhile another player repeatedly kicked the advertising board. It was all a bit ott but fans seem to enjoy it. If we had not scored or won for so long I expect a last minute winning goal may have got a big reaction. I would rather have watched our players doing it than theirs but not sure ours had the energy or the appetite to show such emotion yesterday.

To be fair, had just scored against the team he “supports”.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2017, 10:19 AM
I really couldn't care how Tommy Wright celebrated the winner. A lot of football fans seem to think they can hurl abuse/banter at players and managers for 90 minutes with immunity, then they get a bit back and suddenly become Full of virtue. Tommy Wright allegedly acted like a bit of an erse, deal with it.

Aside from how TW did or didn't behave what I do know is that I never, ever want to see his name mentioned in relation to the Hibs job again. The way his team played yesterday was absolutely horrible to watch. Wasting time from about 20 minutes in and for long spells sitting with 11 players no more than 40 yards from their own goal. It was effective yesterday in that it got them more than they were aiming for but I couldn't watch that every week.

WhileTheChief..
19-11-2017, 10:32 AM

Another letter in the making?

FFS, would you have done similar 10 or 20 years ago? This is mental. Everyone writing letters to all and sundry to complain about anything.

Is this a Hibs thing or is society just going totally mad? Can’t get my head around it at all.

tamig
19-11-2017, 10:34 AM

FFS, would you have done similar 10 or 20 years ago? This is mental. Everyone writing letters to all and sundry to complain about anything.

Is this a Hibs thing or is society just going totally mad? Can’t get my head around it at all.
It’s all very hunnish.

hibbiedon
19-11-2017, 10:40 AM

Friendly banter, something that is sadly missing. It used to be great when fans shouted at a player and the player gave a cheeky answer, now that football fans are such delicate little flowers we are losing that

WhileTheChief..
19-11-2017, 10:41 AM
It really it weird.

Used to be that that when we got beat we would take it on the chin and look towards the next game.

Now we want to blame anyone, whether it’s the media, councillors, refs, opposing fans, the weather, pundits, whatever the hell.

The amount of greeting that’s been done on here over Heart’s stand has been cringeworthy enough. Now we have someone wanting to write a letter to complain about an opposing team’s goalie.

Imagine for a second if we read about other fans doing the same. We’d be pissing ourselves laughing at them.

The Hibs support needs to seriously grow a pair.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Am I the only one who realised the post about writing a letter complaining about their keeper was a joke?

I could be wrong of course but it definitely reads that way to me and seems pretty obvious as well.

WhileTheChief..
19-11-2017, 10:48 AM
I didn’t, but fair enough and phew if it is!

Hard to tell these days. Someone wants to complain to the council cause they might have a guy working at Tynecastle today and the cost of it might stop a new hospital getting built or something.

Betty Boop
19-11-2017, 11:04 AM
I know you're being sarcastic, but the goalkeeper giving it the 'get it right up ye' fist pump to a stand full of kids, that barely made a sound, while backing away was a bit sad really.

Naebody bothered when our manager did this at Ibrox tho.

tamig
19-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Naebody bothered when our manager did this at Ibrox tho.

The hun hordes did 😀

iwasthere1972
19-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Am I the only one who realised the post about writing a letter complaining about their keeper was a joke?

I could be wrong of course but it definitely reads that way to me and seems pretty obvious as well.

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-11-2017, 11:45 AM

:fishin:

silverhibee
19-11-2017, 11:49 AM

Postcard in the post for you, can sense you are missing out.

LithgaeHibby
19-11-2017, 12:23 PM

Keeper was annoyed with himself not to have got to Stokesy's pen, and when he turned around to walk back to his goal, said kids were all ripping the pish out of him. Someone said he's Sandy Clark's boy. When Saints scored the winner he had the last laugh. Not pleasant viewing, but I thought fair enough.

Onceinawhile
19-11-2017, 12:26 PM
Keeper was annoyed with himself not to have got to Stokesy's pen, and when he turned around to walk back to his goal, said kids were all ripping the pish out of him. Someone said he's Sandy Clark's boy. When Saints scored the winner he had the last laugh. Not pleasant viewing, but I thought fair enough.

Fairly sure Nicky is his only son?

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2017, 12:35 PM
I really couldn't care how Tommy Wright celebrated the winner. A lot of football fans seem to think they can hurl abuse/banter at players and managers for 90 minutes with immunity, then they get a bit back and suddenly become Full of virtue. Tommy Wright allegedly acted like a bit of an erse, deal with it. .

Exactly, i wonder how some folk manage to deal with the normal things in their life, with all that mock outrage?

SRHibs
19-11-2017, 01:32 PM

I think he’s joking.

Unseen work
19-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Nothing wrong with celebrating a goal. Managers do it all the time. Telling hibs fans to c’mon then takes it to far. Guys a ****ing welt, sorry if I don’t fall into the love in for the ****.

“C’mon then”? Really?

Is that all he done? I don’t see the problem if so

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 02:59 PM
“C’mon then”? Really?

Is that all he done? I don’t see the problem if so

Asking fans for a square go is fine by you? I’ve seen managers including Houston give us it tight and rightly so all part of the game. As you weren’t there or seen it it’s hard to describe the anger from him screaming at us to come for a scrap. It was unreal how he lost it the way he did. More so as he wasn’t getting it tight through the game like other managers sometimes do.

Unseen work
19-11-2017, 05:09 PM
Asking fans for a square go is fine by you? I’ve seen managers including Houston give us it tight and rightly so all part of the game. As you weren’t there or seen it it’s hard to describe the anger from him screaming at us to come for a scrap. It was unreal how he lost it the way he did. More so as he wasn’t getting it tight through the game like other managers sometimes do.

Asking them for a square go?! Get a grip.

His team scored the winner In the last minute, they were on a bad run of form and he was buzzing.

He might have turned to fans behind the dug out and said come on then, but do you genuinely think he was asking every single one of them for a fight? I would guess not.

Football fans dish out all the abuse then as soon as a player/manager does anything back they can’t handle it

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 05:15 PM

His team scored the winner In the last minute, they were on a bad run of form and he was buzzing.

He might have turned to fans behind the dug out and said come on then, but do you genuinely think he was asking every single one of them for a fight? I would guess not.

Football fans dish out all the abuse then as soon as a player/manager does anything back they can’t handle it

Who you telling to get a grip? Where you there?

As I said it was very unusual for a manager to try take on everyone but he seemed hell bent on trying it.

He lost control of himself in an aggressive way, nothing wrong with going daft for a late min goal, shouting, screaming wanting to fight is just weird. Maybe you think that’s ok fair dos. I grew up in Gilmerton/Moredun so I don’t offend easily but I found this idiot could have caused a fight for no reason at all.

pedroorange1875
19-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Who you telling to get a grip? Where you there?

As I said it was very unusual for a manager to try take on everyone but he seemed hell bent on trying it.

He lost control of himself in an aggressive way, nothing wrong with going daft for a late min goal, shouting, screaming wanting to fight is just weird. Maybe you think that’s ok fair dos. I grew up in Gilmerton/Moredun so I don’t offend easily but I found this idiot could have caused a fight for no reason at all.

This is absolutely spot on, way beyond the laugh or even get it up you. If he was not restrained by stewards it would have been another Cantona/Nani headline except his size and his demeanour there would have been serious trouble. We gave him grief up the tunnel as they had not fully opened it yet and he jumped up in a motion to climb up, swearing with red mist in his eyes and i mean completely gone out of control. Believe me this would have been a serious serious incident

pedroorange1875
19-11-2017, 05:50 PM

100% exactly what he was doing, i heard it...completely lost the plot and his control, he was held by stewards

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 05:58 PM
This is absolutely spot on, way beyond the laugh or even get it up you. If he was not restrained by stewards it would have been another Cantona/Nani headline except his size and his demeanour there would have been serious trouble. We gave him grief up the tunnel as they had not fully opened it yet and he jumped up in a motion to climb up, swearing with red mist in his eyes and i mean completely gone out of control. Believe me this would have been a serious serious incident

Exactly, his reaction was way over the top I couldn’t believe how angry he was. Nothing wrong going mad cheering a last min goal but that’s just way OTT. As I say I’ve no idea why he reacted that way in the first place as nothing really happened!

emerald green
19-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Maybe it's an unintended compliment to Hibs status as a club the way opposition managers, coaches, players and their supporters go absolutely mental when they score a goal (never mind win) at Easter Road.

You would have thought St Johnstone had scored the winning goal in a cup final yesterday.

iwasthere1972
19-11-2017, 06:09 PM
I think he’s joking.

:agree: Obviously wasted on some. No sense of humour.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2017, 06:11 PM

So we gave him more grief in the tunnel and he responded again, what else did you expect? I love this thread, football fans sling all sorts of abuse at players and managers, things they would never say face to face, one on one but as soon as someone has a right go at them, they cry and call it out of order!

guthrie01
19-11-2017, 06:17 PM

:hilarious Unbelievable...

Lets yell and provoke a manager, great idea lads because he if he did react in anyway that would be entirely his own fault and not ours.

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 06:17 PM
So we gave him more grief in the tunnel and he responded again, what else did you expect? I love this thread, football fans sling all sorts of abuse at players and managers, things they would never say face to face, one on one but as soon as someone has a right go at them, they cry and call it out of order!

Scouse I’ve no issue with anyone player or manager giving as good as they get. It’s part of the game, on this occasion it was nothing like that. Unless you were there you have no idea.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Scouse I’ve no issue with anyone player or manager giving as good as they get. It’s part of the game, on this occasion it was nothing like that. Unless you were there you have no idea.

Come on, he didn't actually asault anyone did he? So what he went wild eyed crazy did he, are you telling me you've never seen anything like it in all your years of watching football? If that's the case then yes you are correct I wasn't there but I just can't see how it can be construed as being that bad TC.

pedroorange1875
19-11-2017, 06:28 PM
:hilarious Unbelievable...

Lets yell and provoke a manager, great idea lads because he if he did react in anyway that would be entirely his own fault and not ours.

what exactly you laughing at..i merely described what actually happened,i never once said i had any problem with it, so whats wrong with me pointing out to him he had lost the plot?

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 06:39 PM
Come on, he didn't actually asault anyone did he? So what he went wild eyed crazy did he, are you telling me you've never seen anything like it in all your years of watching football? If that's the case then yes you are correct I wasn't there but I just can't see how it can be construed as being that bad TC.

Honestly Scouse i’d maybe be thinking the same as you hadn’t I been there myself. He wanted to proper have a square go and was held back. I’ve sat in the same seat and seen when Malpas was having a go at our own fans but this was way worse! I really have no idea why he was that angry though. If someone flattened him he wouldn’t have had any complaints.

guthrie01
19-11-2017, 06:40 PM
what exactly you laughing at..i merely described what actually happened,i never once said i had any problem with it, so whats wrong with me pointing out to him he had lost the plot?

I assumed you did have a problem with it based on your post, if you actually thought Wrights actions where justified then I'm sorry.

But some people seem to think it's fine dishing out the abuse to players/managers and expecting them to not react to it.

Wright reacted because it was an emotional game and fans where giving him stick. The stewards handled it and everyone moves on happy... or so I would of thought

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Honestly Scouse i’d maybe be thinking the same as you hadn’t I been there myself. He wanted to proper have a square go and was held back. I’ve sat in the same seat and seen when Malpas was having a go at our own fans but this was way worse! I really have no idea why he was that angry though. If someone flattened him he wouldn’t have had any complaints.

Fair enough TC now I'm wishing I had seen it. Be quicker with the video next time ;-)

pedroorange1875
19-11-2017, 06:50 PM
I assumed you did have a problem with it based on your post, if you actually thought Wrights actions where justified then I'm sorry.

But some people seem to think it's fine dishing out the abuse to players/managers and expecting them to not react to it.

Wright reacted because it was an emotional game and fans where giving him stick. The stewards handled it and everyone moves on happy... or so I would of thought

Im the first one to enjoy a GIRUY, the point is though that this was way way beyond that, Wright had every right to laugh and stick it to us, he didnt he completely lost the plot big time, his actions were way beyond the situation and he was an absolute disgrace, so we let him know going up the tunnel. I still dont care he did that though but for him it just depends if he gets reported enough if it bothers him, if not so be it

OxoHibby
19-11-2017, 06:51 PM

This. Let's be offended. The Internet generation. Previous post have said it could have been a major incident. But is wasnae get over it

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 07:04 PM
This. Let's be offended. The Internet generation. Previous post have said it could have been a major incident. But is wasnae get over it

**** sake, no one is offended are they? Folk are saying he went way OTT. For that reason I hope the prick has a ***** season.

Nothing like Hibs net for taking a comment out of context.

So here it is for those who aren’t grasping this.. Tommy Wright wanted to fight Hibs fans, not celebrate the win, I’m not offended and I’d love nothing more than for him to fail this season.

Hopefully this is clear 😁👍🏼

Lago
19-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Exactly, his reaction was way over the top I couldn’t believe how angry he was. Nothing wrong going mad cheering a last min goal but that’s just way OTT. As I say I’ve no idea why he reacted that way in the first place as nothing really happened!

Wasn't at the game, but you don't think he lost it because of the poor run St. John have been on plus what he thought was a poor penalty decision when they looked like winning. Then a winner 3mins into added time while getting it right from hibs fans. Just a thought.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2017, 08:39 PM
Nearly caused a riot apparently, :faf: anyone know when the last one was at Easter Road?

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 08:46 PM
Wasn't at the game, but you don't think he lost it because of the poor run St. John have been on plus what he thought was a poor penalty decision when they looked like winning. Then a winner 3mins into added time while getting it right from hibs fans. Just a thought.

So you win a game and the first thing you do is want to fight the fans? Sorry no I don’t think that’s it.

Bishop Hibee
19-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Scottish football is a law unto itself. Fouls that would be bookings anywhere else ignored, players squaring up going daft which would be red cards anywhere else get a yellow, stands ‘completed’ on the morning of games, sectarian chanting routinely ignored. Hardly a surprise that a Manager saying “c’mon then” and gesturing to opposing fans is seen as fair enough. Imagine The last three in the EPL?

On the plus side it’s the rawness of the Scottish game that so many of us love.

-Jonesy-
19-11-2017, 09:55 PM
On the plus side it’s the rawness of the Scottish game that so many of us love.

Amen brother!!

silverhibee
19-11-2017, 10:49 PM
**** sake, no one is offended are they? Folk are saying he went way OTT. For that reason I hope the prick has a ***** season.

Nothing like Hibs net for taking a comment out of context.

So here it is for those who aren’t grasping this.. Tommy Wright wanted to fight Hibs fans, not celebrate the win, I’m not offended and I’d love nothing more than for him to fail this season.

Hopefully this is clear 😁👍🏼

Not good enough, you should have excepted the square go and knocked him out, disappointed in you Shirley.

Thecat23
19-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Not good enough, you should have excepted the square go and knocked him out, disappointed in you Shirley.

He’s bigger than me, I shat it!!! 👀

silverhibee
19-11-2017, 11:23 PM
He’s bigger than me, I shat it!!! 👀

You should have called on :casper:

Dunbar Hibee
20-11-2017, 12:49 AM
To be fair, had just scored against the team he “supports”.

Eh? Steven McLean is a Hun.

ekhibee
20-11-2017, 01:34 AM
I'd heard he was a Hibs fan too, but could be wrong.

Johnny_Leith
20-11-2017, 02:08 AM

He's Kevin Thomson's cousin and grew up a hibee I believe. Bring a pro footballer for so long I think his allegiance lies with whomevers paying his wages, which is fair.

IGRIGI
20-11-2017, 04:16 AM
We'll just need to focus our energy on a collective GIRFUY when we next beat them.

Del Boy
20-11-2017, 05:50 AM

Definitely grew up a hibs fan but was at Rangers from a young age.

WeeRussell
20-11-2017, 07:46 AM
He's Kevin Thomson's cousin and grew up a hibee I believe. Bring a pro footballer for so long I think his allegiance lies with whomevers paying his wages, which is fair.

Wasn’t aware of the Thomson link if true. I know one side of Stevie’s family and they are all BIG hearts fans. That’s only cousins etc though so he may well have grew up a Hibee... again something I wasn’t aware of.