PDA

View Full Version : Two/Three Tier league

worcesterhibby
17-11-2017, 04:05 PM
If we agree that ultimately, finances generally dictate hoe successful a football club can be in the long term. I would suggest that we are seeing a move towards a two/three tiered top league in Scotland.

With TV moneys fairly low, attendances are the key revenue generator in Scotland and a look at the average attendances this year, really shows the split between the Haves and the have nots.

As ever Celtic and Rangers are in Tier one. Ourselves, hearts and Aberdeen then form the second tier (hearts figure is of course currently inflated by their matches held at Murryfield) then the rest are all much of a muchness below. Even taking Hearts average from last year (16,338) we can see that the second tier clubs all have attendances of around three times the size of any club in the bottom tier. This should give ourselves, hearts and Aberdeen enough advantage to ensure we are all in the top 6 every year. What's more as both Aberdeen and Hearts are busy either spending or planning to spend large amounts on infrastructure, which we already have in place, it should put us in the unique position of being able to try to split the old firm on a regular basis.

What's really amazing is that despite the huge advantage Rangers already have over everyone but celtic, they still seem determined to live way outside their means and get themselves back into unmanageable debt as quickly as possible. Stupidity and enormous self importance at work !

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 04:19 PM
If we agree that ultimately, finances generally dictate hoe successful a football club can be in the long term. I would suggest that we are seeing a move towards a two/three tiered top league in Scotland.

With TV moneys fairly low, attendances are the key revenue generator in Scotland and a look at the average attendances this year, really shows the split between the Haves and the have nots.

As ever Celtic and Rangers are in Tier one. Ourselves, hearts and Aberdeen then form the second tier (hearts figure is of course currently inflated by their matches held at Murryfield) then the rest are all much of a muchness below. Even taking Hearts average from last year (16,338) we can see that the second tier clubs all have attendances of around three times the size of any club in the bottom tier. This should give ourselves, hearts and Aberdeen enough advantage to ensure we are all in the top 6 every year. What's more as both Aberdeen and Hearts are busy either spending or planning to spend large amounts on infrastructure, which we already have in place, it should put us in the unique position of being able to try to split the old firm on a regular basis.

What's really amazing is that despite the huge advantage Rangers already have over everyone but celtic, they still seem determined to live way outside their means and get themselves back into unmanageable debt as quickly as possible. Stupidity and enormous self importance at work !

The Rangers and their wealthy fans amaze me. You get all these guys who could combine their spending power to take their club forward but would rather sit on the sidelines while chancer after chancer leverages debt in the vain hope that it'll all work out for them.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-11-2017, 06:02 PM
What surprises me is (and I don’t read from the other side) that not more has been made of their temp move to Murrayfield given their fixation with size.

I would have thought the boca apertas (open mouths) would have been seduced by the bigger crowds, greater revenues thus paving the way for either moving in the future or de-camping for the “big games”

Queen Anne is not daft. There’s value in having options. It’s no longer an unlnown quantity. Nothing would surprise me with that lot to about turn on their opposition (once they convince themselves they can actually win regularly at the place...