PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUPPORTER REPS | UPDATE AND DROP-IN DETAILS

RSS Bot
17-11-2017, 09:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8123)

hibbysam
17-11-2017, 09:51 AM
Very good and detailed statement. Something like this once a month or so would go a long way in at least satisfying some of our supporters (myself included) into the merits of said role.

worcesterhibby
17-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the update, very helpful

Chuck Rhoades
17-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Helpful update, but too little, too late for both of them. Their credibility has gone, as has their intergrity in the roles they hold.

Don't doubt it's a tough role, but one of huge privilege. They won't get sympathy from me, the feedback/demand comes with the role they signed up for and are again priveledged to have.

I do question whether the issue sits with the Club and that they may have been blocking what the Frank and Tracey can do/say. However, if that is the case they should have resigned some time ago.

Cameron1875
17-11-2017, 11:20 AM
"As well as being Fans representatives we are also Non-Executive Directors for the club, and we have a legal responsibility to ensure that we act within the club’s best interests."

:rolleyes: So they toe the party line and therefore a put up and shut up policy is acceptable. Good to see they fight for us.

The re-election results will be damming.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2017, 11:28 AM
"As well as being Fans representatives we are also Non-Executive Directors for the club, and we have a legal responsibility to ensure that we act within the club’s best interests."

:rolleyes: So they toe the party line and therefore a put up and shut up policy is acceptable. Good to see they fight for us.

Why elect anyone in the above scenario?

hibee_nation
17-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Proof fans reps are a complete waste of time. On any future major issue the fans take a dislike to even if it is 99% of them the fans reps will still vote the way Rod tells them to if he thinks it's in Hibs best interest.
What a joke.

cabbageandribs1875
17-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Proof fans reps are a complete waste of time. On any future major issue the fans take a dislike to even if it is 99% of them the fans reps will still vote the way Rod tells them to if he thinks it's in Hibs best interest.
What a joke.

i think it's safe to say that if anyone thought any differently to that then they were/are living in cloud cuckoo land :agree:

Pretty Boy
17-11-2017, 11:45 AM

I think that is, in part, dealing with the confidentiality issues and why they can't explain every decision in the detail some seem to want or expect. It's also been done to death before but boards work in such a way that if a decision is made even those who have opposed it during the decision making process have a responsibility to get behind the decision and work with it. The other option is to resign.

Fwiw I have said for some time I would scrap the fans roles as they currently are. That's not intended as a criticism of the people who have taken the role on but it is never going to be what some people want it to be. Two people (any two that is) simply don't have the capabilities to gauge the opinion of the entire support on every single issue and it's in no ones interests to have a couple of people as non exec directors who are constantly in disagreement with the rest of the board or trying to juggle the disparate opinions of the entire Hibs fanbase.

Nicho87
17-11-2017, 11:58 AM
No matter how mant fans reps are appointed . The board will make the final call regardless.

DarlingtonHibee
17-11-2017, 12:16 PM
I think there are about 6 board members not including the reps. I've always found tracey very helpful. There is no doubt however that Rod and Leeann have the strategy going forward.

JimBHibees
17-11-2017, 12:19 PM
I think there are about 6 board members not including the reps. I've always found tracey very helpful. There is no doubt however that Rod and Leeann have the strategy going forward.

Which is the way it should be while at the same time taking into account the views of the fans.

DarlingtonHibee
17-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Agreed

johnbc70
17-11-2017, 12:24 PM
It does beg the question what is the point of the fans rep on the board. I think fan's reps in general are good to get the ear of those in power but why have them on the actual board when they have no influence or power. We have seen how weak their position is on issues that actually mean something. Great job on other things like getting the tannoy sorted or issues with the Hibs Kids and things like that, but no real power when it comes to the grown up things.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 12:57 PM
I’ve asked on another thread but just in case it’s been missed, can I ask the fans reps what the clubs position is on the lack of FFP rules in Scottish football?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mango Man
17-11-2017, 01:08 PM
I’ve asked on another thread but just in case it’s been missed, can I ask the fans reps what the clubs position is on the lack of FFP rules in Scottish football?

Have you ever thought about being a fans rep Ozy? not being cheeky like, just curious.

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2017, 01:19 PM
It does beg the question what is the point of the fans rep on the board. I think fan's reps in general are good to get the ear of those in power but why have them on the actual board when they have no influence or power. We have seen how weak their position is on issues that actually mean something. Great job on other things like getting the tannoy sorted or issues with the Hibs Kids and things like that, but no real power when it comes to the grown up things.

I don't have any numbers, but I would have thought that things like the tannoy and the BTG replacement are likely to affect more people than the RFC saga. If that is the case, then it's only right that those issues should get priority.

Would those things have been dealt with without the input of the fans' reps?

Billy Whizz
17-11-2017, 01:27 PM

Pop in and see them tomorrow Ozy

johnbc70
17-11-2017, 01:39 PM
I don't have any numbers, but I would have thought that things like the tannoy and the BTG replacement are likely to affect more people than the RFC saga. If that is the case, then it's only right that those issues should get priority.

Sorry maybe I was not clear. I am saying you do need the fans reps for things like that, but maybe only things of that nature. When it comes to making the big decisions then we have seen they are not very influencial so why have them on the board then, what is the point making them board members? Keep the fans rep and they can sort out things like the tannoy and the hibs kids and anything else of that nature.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Have you ever thought about being a fans rep Ozy? not being cheeky like, just curious.

You need to be voted on and even I can see that I might struggle there. [emoji23]

Radium
17-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Like many I am only now seeing the real limitations of the fans Reps role and think that one of the most constructive things they could do would be a consultation with fans about the role going forward.

The two votes to date have only interested a minority of ST holders and I would expect that to diminish following the updates on their role brought about by these discussions.

Personally, I will not be voting if there is no change.

I am also disappointed with the way this has been handed. The club are however a private business operating in an unregulated private industry so they can take a decision that suits them without fear of it being challenged.

Re the surgery, it is a good idea and in line with a supporter liaison role.

green day
17-11-2017, 02:02 PM
You need to be voted on and even I can see that I might struggle there.

Why do you think you would struggle?

I don't necessarily agree with some of what you say on the statement etc but who's to say what the wider opinion is?

If you really want to ask difficult questions and get things done, perhaps that route is better than trying to pursuade people on here.

Mango Man
17-11-2017, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5221987]You need to be voted on and even I can see that I might struggle there. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Haha, you never know till you try, Ozy.

For me, it seems like the most unappealing job ever, and they don't even get paid!! Fair play to whoever is up for it.

Stantons Angel
17-11-2017, 05:52 PM

Good Point!

I feel that in the past these so called "wee things" have been banded about by so many for such a long time with nothing getting done about them till the fans reps came into being.

These wee things are the big things that most people have brought to focus and have been acted upon by the reps.

To say their rolls are useless is so negative, what did you think they would be doing....... they are non executive roles they are there to bring the thoughts of the supporters to the board and as far as i know they do that. They cannot vote so saying they cow and tow to Petrie is rubbish. They take our thoughts and moans to the board for consideration but the ultimate thing is that if this is in contrast to the collective thoughts of the board there is nothing they personally can do . they have done what you voted them into do and taken it to them.

The board in turn have to make consideration of just what is good for the club and its stature in the SFA. If again this goes against how we feel at least we know that our feelings were noted by the reps taking it to them.

Many on here blame the reps for this that and everything. you only have to look at the voting stats at the last election to see hardly any of our 13500 season ticket holders bothered to vote at all.

Same with the meeting called last night, you all kicked up such a fuss about not being heard by the board and demanded they meet you to discuss it. The board did this and hardly anyone turned up to listen or question the reasons behind their decisions. They must wonder just what the reps brought it forward for if no one comes along to meet them?

I have my own opinion of the whole rangers thing and it certainly irks me that i see them getting away with it! If it was up to me id have kicked them out once and for all!

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Good Point!

I feel that in the past these so called "wee things" have been banded about by so many for such a long time with nothing getting done about them till the fans reps came into being.

These wee things are the big things that most people have brought to focus and have been acted upon by the reps.

To say their rolls are useless is so negative, what did you think they would be doing....... they are non executive roles they are there to bring the thoughts of the supporters to the board and as far as i know they do that. They cannot vote so saying they cow and tow to Petrie is rubbish. They take our thoughts and moans to the board for consideration but the ultimate thing is that if this is in contrast to the collective thoughts of the board there is nothing they personally can do . they have done what you voted them into do and taken it to them.

The board in turn have to make consideration of just what is good for the club and its stature in the SFA. If again this goes against how we feel at least we know that our feelings were noted by the reps taking it to them.

Many on here blame the reps for this that and everything. you only have to look at the voting stats at the last election to see hardly any of our 13500 season ticket holders bothered to vote at all.

Same with the meeting called last night, you all kicked up such a fuss about not being heard by the board and demanded they meet you to discuss it. The board did this and hardly anyone turned up to listen or question the reasons behind their decisions. They must wonder just what the reps brought it forward for if no one comes along to meet them?

I have my own opinion of the whole rangers thing and it certainly irks me that i see them getting away with it! If it was up to me id have kicked them out once and for all!

Most fans were not allowed to attend last night.

Stantons Angel
17-11-2017, 09:45 PM
Most fans were not allowed to attend last night.

I think you will find that it was the HSA that was approached on behalf of the supporters to bring this up with the Hibs board via the reps and this they did.

Once it was agreed that the board would meet with the supporters to discuss the issue they decided to have it in the Hibs Club at Sunnyside last night.

Going by the amount of talking done on here and in the stands at the ground it may have been thought that the club would have been overwhelmed with irate people all wanting a chance to have their say at the same time. This would no doubt have become a free for all and it was then changed to a members only meeting maybe for that reason.

Not everyone on here is a member of the HSA and that may have taken the numbers down along with out of town and overseas posters?

But it still does not explain a rather weak turnout with such a highly emotive subject being discussed on the night and for days before hand on here.

InchHibby
17-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Helpful update, but too little, too late for both of them. Their credibility has gone, as has their intergrity in the roles they hold.

Don't doubt it's a tough role, but one of huge privilege. They won't get sympathy from me, the feedback/demand comes with the role they signed up for and are again priveledged to have.

I do question whether the issue sits with the Club and that they may have been blocking what the Frank and Tracey can do/say. However, if that is the case they should have resigned some time ago.

I think it would be a tough role, and one I wouldn’t take, but appreciation to those that do, give them credit where it’s due.

GreenCastle
17-11-2017, 09:58 PM
The Tannoy and food quality and cost etc at the stadium have been awful for ages.

Surely an area they could be trying to do better to help improve.

Seems like hands are tied.

Kaff
17-11-2017, 10:20 PM
To give the fan reps slack it is important that they have noted they are Non Executive Directors and with that they have a legal responsibility to the 'company'.
In my recollection they cannot 'rock the boat' or cause the company to lose money etc, on the contrary I think it is their duty to make sure the board keep on topic and carry out their business to the good of the shareholders (happy to be corrected). So in essence their job as Non execs is possibly not in keeping with the role the supporters actually want them to do but realistically what other position could they get on the board?
With the share purchase scheme in operation I am aware that supporters own 30% of club and growing so it may be that some tine soon the shareholders will want the board to act differently but obviously not at present

andyf5
18-11-2017, 05:55 AM

I have been to two "working together" meetings and was hugley impressed by the fans reps and the work they do, unpaid, for the good of the club. My understanding of their role as board members is they vote in the best interests of the club after hearing the evidence. They provide an alternative voice to the board. I am content for them to consider the evidence and then make their judgement even if I personally disagree with it. It has been stated elsewhere that as board members they are legally obliged to vote in the best interests of our club. I think the role is worthwhile as it means some communication from the grass roots to the board.

bigwheel
18-11-2017, 06:08 AM
It's clear the fans reps got the engagement approach and communication about the rangers topic wrong...they will know it should have been much more frequent and effective..

That said, in these days of social media - unless the outcome had been to agree an ongoing anti rangers campaign, there would always be a large section of fans disagreeing with Hibs position on this...so whilst the fans communication would be better - the reps would still be getting a hard time..

Overall, I am a big supporter of the rep role...imagine what topics like this would be like without those roles? all we would have is occasional statements from the club...the communications from the fans reps and Leeann are far more human and thoughtful. Definitely improving from before

Both reps have not yet got their communication approach right for our diverse fan base - my only tip would be : communicate early and often...we won't always like what we hear, but we will appreciate the listening and the updates..

Keep up the good work reps - it's a thankless task, but an important bridge between the fans and clubs - good luck [emoji106][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
18-11-2017, 09:02 AM
It's clear the fans reps got the engagement approach and communication about the rangers topic wrong...they will know it should have been much more frequent and effective..

That said, in these days of social media - unless the outcome had been to agree an ongoing anti rangers campaign, there would always be a large section of fans disagreeing with Hibs position on this...so whilst the fans communication would be better - the reps would still be getting a hard time..

Overall, I am a big supporter of the rep role...imagine what topics like this would be like without those roles? all we would have is occasional statements from the club...the communications from the fans reps and Leeann are far more human and thoughtful. Definitely improving from before

Both reps have not yet got their communication approach right for our diverse fan base - my only tip would be : communicate early and often...we won't always like what we hear, but we will appreciate the listening and the updates..

Keep up the good work reps - it's a thankless task, but an important bridge between the fans and clubs - good luck [emoji106][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

100% Correct.

WhileTheChief..
18-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Have the fans reps really made any kind of difference over the last few years?

What issues have they represented us on?

What msgs have they delivered to the board that wouldn’t have been widely known to the club through social media?

What messages have they relayed to us that couldn’t have been handled by a quick Club statement?

Scrap the positions and hire someone to act as customer services.

CropleyWasGod
18-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Have the fans reps really made any kind of difference over the last few years?

What issues have they represented us on?

What msgs have they delivered to the board that wouldn’t have been widely known to the club through social media?

What messages have they relayed to us that couldn’t have been handled by a quick Club statement?

Scrap the positions and hire someone to act as customer services....and make up the money by hiring one less player? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
18-11-2017, 10:52 AM
There is nothing wrong with the role of fans rep. It just needs to be done better. They need to start engaging with the fans where the most fans are, which is here and on the Bounce.
I’m certain Tracey has been following the two threads on this subject yet has not bothered to answer any of the questions posed.

WhileTheChief..
18-11-2017, 10:56 AM
...and make up the money by hiring one less player? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Customer services rep, £18k salary of thereabouts isn’t going to hurt our squad too much!

DarlingtonHibee
18-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Why do we need that? We've got a dept!

People who are not happy with the current situation, put your name forward next time.

Ged
18-11-2017, 10:59 AM
There is nothing wrong with the role of fans rep. It just needs to be done better. They need to start engaging with the fans where the most fans are, which is here and on the Bounce.
I’m certain Tracey has been following the two threads on this subject yet has not bothered to answer any of the questions posed.

Facebook and Twitter would be more appropriate. The Bounce has about a dozen regular users and they were seriously discussing closure a few weeks ago.

WhileTheChief..
18-11-2017, 11:05 AM
We’ve got a customer services dept? Who knew?!