PDA

View Full Version : McGinn on his way back

Big L
16-11-2017, 09:40 PM
McGinn ex Don is on his way back from Sth Korea, would we have him?

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Would be a brilliant signing.

neil7908
16-11-2017, 09:53 PM
Yes please

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-11-2017, 09:58 PM
I heard chat about him going to hearts to replace walker

Hope not. Class player at this level. Would do the business for us

tamig
16-11-2017, 10:01 PM
I heard chat about him going to hearts to replace walker

Hope not. Class player at this level. Would do the business for us

There was talk of him - mainly from their fans - of him going there last summer. But where are hertz going to get cash to afford him?

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-11-2017, 10:05 PM
There was talk of him - mainly from their fans - of him going there last summer. But where are hertz going to get cash to afford him?

I imagine they'll move Walker and the Cameroon ****e on in January for some much needed cash. Can't imagine mcginn would be asking for too much?

Sincerely hope we'd be interested though

tamig
16-11-2017, 10:14 PM
I imagine they'll move Walker and the Cameroon ****e on in January for some much needed cash. Can't imagine mcginn would be asking for too much?

Sincerely hope we'd be interested though
The two of them are out of contract at the end of the season. They’ll be lucky to get a couple of hundred grand max for the pair.

truehibernian
16-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Would far rather we go for Lewis Morgan and/or Liam Henderson. Don't see what Niall McGinn brings to the table that Boyle, Swanson, Barker and Stokes don't already bring. We have good quality at that end of the pitch.

Think we'll be in the market for a left back in January and a striker. If SJM goes then the two I mentioned would be top of my midfield list as more than adequate permanent replacements.

Ozyhibby
16-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Would far rather we go for Lewis Morgan and/or Liam Henderson. Don't see what Niall McGinn brings to the table that Boyle, Swanson, Barker and Stokes don't already bring. We have good quality at that end of the pitch.

Think we'll be in the market for a left back in January and a striker. If SJM goes then the two I mentioned would be top of my midfield list as more than adequate permanent replacements.

He is a quality player who creates goals. If we can make it happen then we should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is It On....
16-11-2017, 10:25 PM

400,000 fans at 1p per week each would pay his wages.

Jim44
16-11-2017, 10:33 PM
The Korean guy says that McGinn was finding the Korean league physically tougher than he expected. I think that’s nonsense as our leagues, IMHO, are physically tougher than theirs.

truehibernian
16-11-2017, 10:34 PM
He is a quality player who creates goals. If we can make it happen then we should.

Not saying he isn't a good player Ozy, but for me Derek McInnes fairly gilded the lily whenever he talked up McGinn. Not sure of his stats but don't think he provides the number of assists that DM implied he did and I think he scores around 1 in 4 games.

I think we have as good, or better, in Stokes, Boyle and Swanson. I'd like more goals from midfield and Morgan or Mallan (or Hendo) would be my preferred option if we are looking for a creative type - all keen, young, and hungry.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Whose man would he be and is he better than Zidane?

Nicho87
16-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Would gladly offer him a 18 month contract. Good player

snooky
16-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Sign him for free and when the big boys come in January looking for McGinn, we'll sell them this one. :shhhsh!:

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 11:10 PM
Sign him for free and when the big boys come in January looking for McGinn, we'll sell them this one. :shhhsh!:

Henderson and Nial in Super John out. £2m plus add ons Celtic would be a guess.

Souter96Mac
17-11-2017, 04:33 AM
Quality player with good experience in this league and would give us a different type of player we currently have. Would probably ask for a decent wage, but I don't think I'd say no.

high bee
17-11-2017, 07:19 AM
The Korean guy says that McGinn was finding the Korean league physically tougher than he expected. I think that’s nonsense as our leagues, IMHO, are physically tougher than theirs.

If he is right then there’s more chance Hertz will join the K League than sign McGinn.

Salt N Sauzee
17-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Moving to the K-League wasn't the best move for his Korea.... :tumble:

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 10:37 AM

Not seen Korean football but if it's like other South-East Asian leagues it'll be a lot faster than ours and that may be where McGinn struggled. He's reasonably pacey compared to Scottish players but also getting older.

BlackSheep
17-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Moving to the K-League wasn't the best move for his Korea.... :tumble:

An it starts :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2017, 10:41 AM
An it starts :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I am guessing it will be the Seoul pun.

RIP
17-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Would we put him in the same bracket as Andrew Shinnie?

ekhibee
17-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Not saying he isn't a good player Ozy, but for me Derek McInnes fairly gilded the lily whenever he talked up McGinn. Not sure of his stats but don't think he provides the number of assists that DM implied he did and I think he scores around 1 in 4 games.

I think we have as good, or better, in Stokes, Boyle and Swanson. I'd like more goals from midfield and Morgan or Mallan (or Hendo) would be my preferred option if we are looking for a creative type - all keen, young, and hungry.
Totally accept your points, which are well made, but I saw Niall McGinn quite a lot on tv highlights etc, I didn't just go with what McInnes said, and as an outsider I thought he looked a really good player, better than what we've got, but that was then and this is now and he's getting older. He's a better crosser of the ball than Boyle IMO, but they are quite similar players in some respects, both have pace to burn. Seemed to score quite a lot of goals at Aberdeen too. Good player, but I can see where you're coming from too.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 01:04 PM

If Morgan, Mallan and Hendo become available then I agree, they would be the better option.

easty
17-11-2017, 01:06 PM
He's a good player, but he'd no be a cheap option and I cannae see where would he fit into our team?

easty
17-11-2017, 01:07 PM

I'd definitely rather we get Morgan.

weecounty hibby
17-11-2017, 02:33 PM
According to the beeb gossip page. Straight fight between Aberdeen and hearts?!?! He must have a Black and Decker work bench and a set of joinery tools if hearts want him. DIY on the stand during the week, play footie at the weekend

pacoluna
17-11-2017, 10:22 PM
Was a thread about this last month.

Big L
18-11-2017, 09:14 AM
He's a good player, but he'd no be a cheap option and I cannae see where would he fit into our team?

I was thinking he could replace Barker who is on loan and theirs no signing on fee!

Albanian Hibs
18-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Craig Levein wants him (so says the EEN)

Eyrie
18-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Craig Levein wants him (so says the EEN)

What Craig Levein wants and what Craig Levein can afford are two very different things.

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2017, 10:38 AM
What Craig Levein wants and what Craig Levein can afford are two very different things.

I think Levein will get his man. McGinn, like the rest of us, will simply be swept away by the majesterial presence of the radiant Queen of Hearts and agree to play for no wages.

Ozyhibby
25-11-2017, 03:53 PM
Are there still folk who think we don’t need someone like Niall McGinn?

easty
25-11-2017, 04:18 PM

Me

IlDiavola
25-11-2017, 04:42 PM

He'd be a great addition to our squad.