PDA

View Full Version : Team for Saturday

Souter96Mac
16-11-2017, 06:36 PM
Any thoughts on how we'll line up? The last two weeks have dragged big time so can't wait to get back to ER, sounds like we're close to coming back to full fitness across the squad according to Neil's interview today. Will we go 433 or revert to the 352 that helped us with the win over Dundee?

Onceinawhile
16-11-2017, 06:39 PM
I'd start the team that finished the game v dundee.

1van Sprou7e
16-11-2017, 06:59 PM
I'd start the team that finished the game v dundee.

If McGeouch is fit then he has to play

Blaster
16-11-2017, 07:11 PM

I agree. Definitely has to start

Souter96Mac
16-11-2017, 07:22 PM

Lennon said he thinks he should be fit.

The Sundance Kid
16-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
S. Murray
Stokes

16-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
S. Murray
Stokes

That'll do nicely.

Billy Whizz
16-11-2017, 08:14 PM
It’s nice to talk about a Hibs game for a change on here

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
S. Murray
Stokes

I think if they are all fit Lennon would pick this side. :agree:

Bostonhibby
16-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
S. Murray
StokesYep, injuries allowing that'll do for me.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
16-11-2017, 08:27 PM
It’s nice to talk about a Hibs game for a change on here

Well said Billy.

Tug Wilson
16-11-2017, 10:00 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
S. Murray
Stokes

That is a decent team. A really decent team.

A lot of pace and drive yet still solid at the back.

What a good squad we currently have.

If we can get a win against St Johnstone then we really start to look like a potential top 4 side.

December sees some tasty fixtures but if we can maintain the positive results against the big teams (even the odd draw will do) then we could go into the New Year on a real high.

Add a couple of quality additions in the January window and we can start to think Europe.

Nicho87
16-11-2017, 10:40 PM
I'd drop Barker. Injured or not his tracking back is his biggest weakness.

I'd go with.

Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch

Boyle
Murray
Stokes

WeveGotMcginn
16-11-2017, 11:14 PM

I'd go with.

Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch

Boyle
Murray
Stokes

Agreed[emoji1375]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheat Hound
17-11-2017, 12:35 AM
A good sign there seems to be a widespread consensus on our best 11 just now. Consistency is key

Pete
17-11-2017, 12:40 AM
I’d be tempted to start Matulevicious and Slivka...Give one a rare start and keep the other well oiled.

We should be good enough to beat them no matter who we include from our squad, which is packed full of quality.

Vault Boy
17-11-2017, 12:47 AM
I don't know if this has been posted yet but the game is being shown on BBC Alba delayed broadcast at 6pm.

Johnny_Leith
17-11-2017, 01:40 AM
I’d be tempted to start Matulevicious and Slivka...Give one a rare start and keep the other well oiled.

We should be good enough to beat them no matter who we include from our squad, which is packed full of quality.

And who would you drop, or not include, to accommodate these two?

No easy games in the top league, need our strongest available XI. Neither of the Lithuanians have shown they are key players yet for me. Slivka has shown more of the two, but is he ahead of the midfield trio of Bartley, McGinn and McGeouch? Not for me.

Souter96Mac
17-11-2017, 04:31 AM
And who would you drop, or not include, to accommodate these two?

No easy games in the top league, need our strongest available XI. Neither of the Lithuanians have shown they are key players yet for me. Slivka has shown more of the two, but is he ahead of the midfield trio of Bartley, McGinn and McGeouch? Not for me.
Feel a bit sorry for Slivka as I rate him but he's been unfortunate with how good the current three in the middle have been playing. It's good to know we have him to play if we do pick up any injuries in the middle.

Johnny_Leith
17-11-2017, 04:36 AM
Feel a bit sorry for Slivka as I rate him but he's been unfortunate with how good the current three in the middle have been playing. It's good to know we have him to play if we do pick up any injuries in the middle.

I agree, he's got to bide his time until McGinn is sold probably before he can really show what he can do and develop from there. Loved his goal at Ibrox tho. I think he will go on to have a good career at Hibs and beyond. Big Dave I'm unsure about but he's not really had a chance yet.

Sir David Gray
17-11-2017, 07:36 AM

Absolutely. A fit Dylan McGeouch should never be left out.

number9dream
17-11-2017, 08:07 AM

I'd go with.

Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch

Boyle
Murray
Stokes

While I agree Stokes is streets ahead of Barker, is he one to do much tracking back? Team shape may change to accommodate two up top. 4-4-2 leaves us a bit lop sided with McGeouch or McGinn pushed left. It could be 3-5-2 with Porteous starting and Boyle & Stevenson wide since Whittaker is a doubt but do we want three centre-halves and Bartley? Slivka could come in but that's harsh on big Marv who has been superb.

B.H.F.C
17-11-2017, 08:48 AM
While I agree Stokes is streets ahead of Barker, is he one to do much tracking back? Team shape may change to accommodate two up top. 4-4-2 leaves us a bit lop sided with McGeouch or McGinn pushed left. It could be 3-5-2 with Porteous starting and Boyle & Stevenson wide since Whittaker is a doubt but do we want three centre-halves and Bartley? Slivka could come in but that's harsh on big Marv who has been superb.

I don't think we'd need to change the shape if Stokes played instead of Barker. Stokes played the majority of his games at Celtic off the left.

JimBHibees
17-11-2017, 08:54 AM

No way would start with Dave think Shaw is ahead of him at the moment and rightly so. Up to Dave to justify starting either in training or development games.

Souter96Mac
17-11-2017, 09:06 AM
No way would start with Dave think Shaw is ahead of him at the moment and rightly so. Up to Dave to justify starting either in training or development games.

Leave Dave for the last couple minutes at Tynie to score the winner

JimBHibees
18-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Will be a tough game they are struggling however have more than enough decent experienced players and management to turn it around.

Think Stokes will score in a tight win.

GreenOnions
18-11-2017, 10:08 AM
If we win and Aberdeen don't we will go second.

Bishop Hibee
18-11-2017, 11:23 AM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
S. Murray