PDA

View Full Version : NHC: New Stadium

Colr
15-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Spotted this from the north circular the other day.

It’s some size!

http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/interact

Not quite the pink bus shelter, I know!

Michael
15-11-2017, 09:21 PM
To be honest I'm not keen on stadiums like Spurs new stadium, the Emirates, the Etihad etc. There's plenty of impressive things with Spurs new ground...but not as a football stadium. There's just something a bit corporate and cold about them. Would be a shame if a lot of the old style grounds are gone in another 20 or so years.

Colr
15-11-2017, 09:55 PM
To be honest I'm not keen on stadiums like Spurs new stadium, the Emirates, the Etihad etc. There's plenty of impressive things with Spurs new ground...but not as a football stadium. There's just something a bit corporate and cold about them. Would be a shame if a lot of the old style grounds are gone in another 20 or so years.

Like this, maybe:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/15/archaeologist-rich-history-bradford-lost-football-ground#comment-108300811

green&left
16-11-2017, 08:13 AM

This.

Give me vicente calderón or the San Paolo any day of the week over an Emirates or Etihad.

Think the Germans get the mix well with their new stadia. Posh fancy corporate sections but bare minimum basic terraced areas.

hibby6270
16-11-2017, 08:28 AM
This.

Give me vicente calderón or the San Paolo any day of the week over an Emirates or Etihad.

Think the Germans get the mix well with their new stadia. Posh fancy corporate sections but bare minimum basic terraced areas.

I’m sure I read somewhere that Spurs new ground will have the largest single fan terracing in Europe at one end of the stadium. Similar to what Dortmund have with their yellow wall. So, presume they are trying to get that mix of ‘corporate’ and ‘normal fan’ facilities to suit all tastes.

brianmc
16-11-2017, 09:05 AM
This.

You do realise that Atletico no longer play in the Calderon? (They've now got a brand spanking new stadium).

green&left
16-11-2017, 09:08 AM
You do realise that Atletico no longer play in the Calderon? (They've now got a brand spanking new stadium).

Yep pretty much identical to the emirates

brianmc
16-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Yep pretty much identical to the emirates

..but with an atmosphere!

CorrieHibs
16-11-2017, 09:20 AM
This.

The Germans always get it right when it comes to football.

CorrieHibs
16-11-2017, 09:21 AM
..but with an atmosphere!

Was there 3 weeks ago and the atmosphere was cracking!

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Unimaginable that a single club can undertake a construction project of that size, just shows the money in the EPL. I suppose it helps if you can build a stadium nearly twice the size of the one you have knowing you will be able to fill it.

The big question facing clubs like Spurs, Arsenal and soon enough Chelsea is what happens if the oligarchs and middle east countries lose interest in their toys and the huge TV money dries up ........ These massive stadiums must cost an absolute fortune to maintain and if the gravy train hits the buffers what was a huge asset could well become a huge Albatross.

Not In The Know
16-11-2017, 11:46 AM
how long is this taking to build?:devil::devil:

The_Exile
16-11-2017, 11:52 AM
The big question facing clubs like Spurs, Arsenal and soon enough Chelsea is what happens if the oligarchs and middle east countries lose interest in their toys and the huge TV money dries up ........ These massive stadiums must cost an absolute fortune to maintain and if the gravy train hits the buffers what was a huge asset could well become a huge Albatross.

Agreed, it'll all go chebs up for a lot of clubs sooner rather than later. Spurs don't have a sugar daddy as far as I'm aware, and they don't pay their players the same amount as the other clubs. They are very shrewd in the transfer market and can't ever remember them spending more than £30ish mil on a player. That's the way to play the game down there and of all the top 10 clubs I think they will be best placed to take advantage when the gravy train does eventually derail.

Weir07
16-11-2017, 12:04 PM
I went to the Etihad a few years ago and thought it was a fantastic stadium, the best I've been in to be honest, a real amphitheater with a good atmosphere and excellent views. Didn't feel like a corporate or sterile environment at all.

--------
16-11-2017, 12:09 PM
I went to the Etihad a few years ago and thought it was a fantastic stadium, the best I've been in to be honest, a real amphitheater with a good atmosphere and excellent views. Didn't feel like a corporate or sterile environment at all.

:agree:

From the pictures of the work going on at WHL, it looks as if it will be a very impressive stadium when it's finished, tbh.

Iain G
16-11-2017, 12:41 PM
This.

Well Budge got one of the bits right then :greengrin:wink:

alihibs1
16-11-2017, 03:13 PM
I went to the Etihad a few years ago and thought it was a fantastic stadium, the best I've been in to be honest, a real amphitheater with a good atmosphere and excellent views. Didn't feel like a corporate or sterile environment at all.I'm down at old Trafford a couple of times a season and always disappointed with the atmosphere, considering it holds 80,000. Think alot of Big English teams struggle with atmosphere due to the amount of tourists that attend.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jones28
16-11-2017, 05:09 PM
Have they ordered the seats yet?

Famous Fiver
16-11-2017, 05:37 PM
Maybe Budgie could give them a wee phone to find out if they are going to bury their cherrypickers?

overdrive
16-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Have they ordered the seats yet?

Don’t be silly, you only do that after it has meant to have opened.

green&left
17-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Unimaginable that a single club can undertake a construction project of that size, just shows the money in the EPL. I suppose it helps if you can build a stadium nearly twice the size of the one you have knowing you will be able to fill it.

Just as its announced Chelsea's new stadium will double in cost to £1b - and will have less capacity than Parkhead :crazy:

lucky
17-11-2017, 09:27 AM
Agreed, it'll all go chebs up for a lot of clubs sooner rather than later. Spurs don't have a sugar daddy as far as I'm aware, and they don't pay their players the same amount as the other clubs. They are very shrewd in the transfer market and can't ever remember them spending more than £30ish mil on a player. That's the way to play the game down there and of all the top 10 clubs I think they will be best placed to take advantage when the gravy train does eventually derail.

Spurs are owned by Joe Lewis who is reported to be worth several billion pounds