PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN ACADEMY SECURES ELITE STATUS

RSS Bot
15-11-2017, 09:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8114)

Billy Whizz
15-11-2017, 09:02 AM
Brilliant news

Pretty Boy
15-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Excellent news and well deserved.

Worth pointing out as well that some of the video analysis equipment and gantries required to secure this were part funded by users of this site. Battering on a keyboard can be surprisingly useful sometimes.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Great news. Hibs, Hearts, Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen, Hamilton, Motherwell and Killie are the 8.
No Dundee team or Inverness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinribs
15-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Great news. Hibs, Hearts, Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen, Hamilton, Motherwell and Killie are the 8.

Motherwell were bleating on about elite academies killing youth football.. Wonder if they still feel that way.

Baker9
15-11-2017, 09:21 AM

Something else for us to be proud of. I'm a bit nonplussed about Hearts being on the list. What were the required criteria?

RoxburghHibs
15-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Something else for us to be proud of. I'm a bit nonplussed about Hearts being on the list. What were the required criteria?

Was thinking the same. They don't own an academy unless "hiring someone else's" enables a club to be part of the list?

Ozyhibby
15-11-2017, 09:27 AM

Hearts were always going to be on it. They have a decent academy set up.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2017, 09:32 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsCategoryID=3&newsID=17394&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Was thinking the same. They don't own an academy unless "hiring someone else's" enables a club to be part of the list?

Tbh. It’s not about whether they own the facility Is it...it’s about the structure and coaching and support systems for the kids in the academy - by all accounts they have a decent set up - as have we....

Baker9
15-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Tbh. It’s not about whether they own the facility Is it...it’s about the structure and coaching and support systems for the kids in the academy - by all accounts they have a decent set up - as have we....

I kind of get that but where exactly do these 'structure' people operate from. In our case it is Easter Road and East Mains - both physically impressive and both deserving of the elite status. They have 3 quarters of Tynecastle and rented stuff. Do they have the worst facilities of the 8 elite structures?

Hibby Bairn
15-11-2017, 10:08 AM
I kind of get that but where exactly do these 'structure' people operate from. In our case it is Easter Road and East Mains - both physically impressive and both deserving of the elite status. They have 3 quarters of Tynecastle and rented stuff. Do they have the worst facilities of the 8 elite structures?

One of the main criteria for Elite status was owning or having access to an indoor facility for a minimum number of hours per year. Both Hibs and and Hearts qualify for Elite through the rental arrangement they have with Oriam.

GreenCastle
15-11-2017, 10:08 AM

I know in some previous criteria they stipulated you had to own a facility. Hence Hearts weren’t Gold level - this WAS available on SFA website.

They must have changed it for this new criteria as obviously Hearts just rent the university and don’t own anything.

Dalianwanda
15-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Could we not just focus on how great this is for Hibs rather than yet another discussion on them.

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 10:31 AM

If they use (rented or not ) Orium which I believe they do - then they have the use of one of the best facilities in the country.

As someone else said though - why don’t we focus on the foresight of Hibs for once and focus on us having our own great facilities [emoji106]

Brightside
15-11-2017, 10:33 AM

Outside Aberdeen - being in the central belt appears to be the criteria. Shambles.

Baker9
15-11-2017, 10:44 AM
If they use (rented or not ) Orium which I believe they do - then they have the use of one of the best facilities in the country.

As someone else said though - why don’t we focus on the foresight of Hibs for once and focus on us having our own great facilities [emoji106]

I didn't mean to start another discussion about Hearts - I just couldn't resist what appeared to be a good justifiable dig at them. My main point was that the elite status seems to be anything but elite. Maybe if they changed it to 'Official Academy' it would be more suitable. The other day I watched highlights on HibsTV of a match involving one of our younger teams. It was played in a full-sized indoor pitch at our own complex, like it would be at most EPL facilities. That's elite.

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 10:46 AM
I didn't mean to start another discussion about Hearts - I just couldn't resist what appeared to be a good justifiable dig at them. My main point was that the elite status seems to be anything but elite. Maybe if they changed it to 'Official Academy' it would be more suitable. The other day I watched highlights on HibsTV of a match involving one of our younger teams. It was played in a full-sized indoor pitch at our own complex, like it would be at most EPL facilities. That's elite.

No it wasn't - we only have a five a side indoor pitch currently - we have plans to build a full one soon - I suspect that was filmed at Orium - which hearts also use.

Baker9
15-11-2017, 10:51 AM
No it wasn't - we only have a five a side indoor pitch currently - we have plans to build a full one soon - I suspect that was filmed at Orium - which hearts also use.

If that is that case then I stand corrected and my elite argument is watered down somewhat but still valid.

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 10:53 AM
If that is that case then I stand corrected and my elite argument is watered down somewhat but still valid.

lol...to be honest I don't really know what is left of your argument...facilities and resources seem to be the major criteria that teams have had to show..it has stopped a number of decent clubs with good youth systems being classed as "elite"...not yet got my head around what difference this categorisation will make for Hibs or Scottish Football..

Baker9
15-11-2017, 11:01 AM
lol...to be honest I don't really know what is left of your argument...facilities and resources seem to be the major criteria that teams have had to show..it has stopped a number of decent clubs with good youth systems being classed as "elite"...not yet got my head around what difference this categorisation will make for Hibs or Scottish Football..

What I am saying is that 'Official Academy' status is all it is worth, and calling it 'Elite' is nonsense. I'm not as proud of the elite status as I thought I was early in the thread. It seems ok but nothing to get excited about.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2017, 11:04 AM

It means a lot more funding for Hibs academy from the SFA. It was definitely worth working for.

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 11:30 AM
It means a lot more funding for Hibs academy from the SFA. It was definitely worth working for.

If it helps bring more academy players through to first team level then I’ll be happy ...

BSEJVT
15-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Have to say I know nothing of the implications of this.

I don't suppose its the case that players identified as being of the required standard will be directed to their choice of the Elite academies in favour of other maybe more local clubs?

G B Young
15-11-2017, 12:36 PM

I agree there's no need to turn this into another mega anti-Hearts thread, but I think the point folk are making is that if facilities are among the major criteria, then are Hearts not cutting corners by simply booking out what are facilities purpose-built and paid for by Heriot-Watt rather than investing in something of their own? I have no idea whether the other clubs on the list own their own academy facilities, but it would seem hard on clubs which don't qualify for elite status if they DO own their own facilities but they're simply not up to the standard of Heriot-Watt's.

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 12:47 PM
I agree there's no need to turn this into another mega anti-Hearts thread, but I think the point folk are making is that if facilities are among the major criteria, then are Hearts not cutting corners by simply booking out what are facilities purpose-built and paid for by Heriot-Watt rather than investing in something of their own? I have no idea whether the other clubs on the list own their own academy facilities, but it would seem hard on clubs which don't qualify for elite status if they DO own their own facilities but they're simply not up to the standard of Heriot-Watt's.

I think others have explained that it is our rented access to full size Orium pitches that also allowed us (as part of our evaluation) to qualify. Whether Hearts own their training facilities or lease them makes no real difference does it - as long as they meet the criteria required.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Good news for us. Fck the hearts they have a gap to mind.

scotia44
15-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Is this really news:Surely if you are a top club in Scotland your academy is gonna rate higher than most others so why is there a desire for elite status badge again its only going to benefit a few as opposed to helping all and that is the SFA mantra to improve the game nationwide::dunno:

greenlex
15-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Outside Aberdeen - being in the central belt appears to be the criteria. Shambles.
Pretty much this.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2017, 02:01 PM
Is this really news:Surely if you are a top club in Scotland your academy is gonna rate higher than most others so why is there a desire for elite status badge again its only going to benefit a few as opposed to helping all and that is the SFA mantra to improve the game nationwide::dunno:

It’s about funding. Previously the money was spread among 29 academies and now it’s only going to 8. And the 8 have to lift their game in line with best practise in Europe. Means better qualified coaches, more of them and better sport science staff etc.