14-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Anyone else see the Dnipro Hibs flag 🇳🇬👍

Was it Stevie?

StevieC
14-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Anyone else see the Dnipro Hibs flag ������

Was it Stevie?

Aye :wink:

U21 player Yuri Vakulko plays for FC Dnipro, and he was over at the end of the game with a big smile saying "that's MY club!"

Billy Whizz
14-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Aye :wink:

U21 player Yuri Vakulko plays for FC Dnipro, and he was over at the end of the game with a big smile saying "that's MY club!"

Brilliant, well done!

Pretty Boy
15-11-2017, 08:57 AM
I listened to Scott Gemmill in his pre match interview and the writing was on the wall for a 1 or 2 nil defeat. In the video I saw he spoke for about 15 minutes and all he talked about was 'trying to contain Ukraine', 'making sure we contain them', 'stifling their play', 'containing their threat' and so on. There wasn't even a pretence that Scotland had any ambitions of our own beyond a 0-0 draw or the real dream of maybe even nicking a goal.

I understand there is a need for discipline in football and there are many ways to win a football match. However it seems pretty sad that the guy charged with overseeing the latter stages of the development of our international footballers seemed terrified of the football superpower that is Ukraine.

StevieC
15-11-2017, 04:37 PM
I listened to Scott Gemmill in his pre match interview and the writing was on the wall for a 1 or 2 nil defeat. In the video I saw he spoke for about 15 minutes and all he talked about was 'trying to contain Ukraine', 'making sure we contain them', 'stifling their play', 'containing their threat' and so on. There wasn't even a pretence that Scotland had any ambitions of our own beyond a 0-0 draw or the real dream of maybe even nicking a goal.

I understand there is a need for discipline in football and there are many ways to win a football match. However it seems pretty sad that the guy charged with overseeing the latter stages of the development of our international footballers seemed terrified of the football superpower that is Ukraine.

I thought the game was pretty evenly balanced in the first half, with Scotland possibly having the better chances. The first goal seemed a bit lucky, in so much as there was a deflection and couldn't see whether it was a toe-poke or miss hit shot. Start of the second half I thought Scotland did quite well, but from about an hour onwards Ukraine had the game under control. That said, there was a couple of half chances for Scotland to equalise before the 2nd goal in injury time.