PDA

View Full Version : Michael O'Neill

Diclonius
12-11-2017, 05:51 PM
I suspect Scotland will make their move now.

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2017, 05:54 PM
Rumour that he's The Rangers' choice :shocked:

Mr White
12-11-2017, 05:55 PM

I'll be gutted if he goes to Sevco.

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2017, 05:56 PM
I'll be gutted if he goes to Sevco.

So will many Sevconians :greengrin

greenlex
12-11-2017, 05:58 PM
No chance. Clubs down south will be queuing up. He’s not that daft. Scotland would be a far better risk.

Basildon Hibs
12-11-2017, 05:58 PM
What Sevco want and what Sevco can afford are two completely different things ... 😉

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2017, 06:00 PM
What Sevco want and what Sevco can afford are two completely different things ... 😉

Looks suspiciously like they can't afford the compensation for McInnes.

Billy Whizz
12-11-2017, 06:02 PM
Looks suspiciously like they can't afford the compensation for McInnes.

Poor show if they’ve unsettled McInnes, and haven’t the dosh to pay, when theyve known his release clause all along

O'Rourke3
12-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Poor show if they’ve unsettled McInnes, and haven’t the dosh to pay, when theyve known his release clause all alongAny chance the Record will run a series of articles on behalf of their favourite team and the only team he's ever wanted to manage? With any luck he'll then go to Celtic.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Springbank
12-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Seem to remember back in the nineties Michael O'Neill upset the red white n blue loyalists with a comment about being quite happy to be picked for northern Ireland but just a pity its not a real country like Eire.

weecounty hibby
12-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Northern Irish Catholic as Rangers manager!!! Never going to happen, remember all of their old boys are demanding someone who knows the rangers traditions. I'm sure MON knows them alright and has probably been on the wrong end of them as well. If it happens I'll be stunned

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Seem to remember back in the nineties Michael O'Neill upset the red white n blue loyalists with a comment about being quite happy to be picked for northern Ireland but just a pity its not a real country like Eire.

Top trolling, though it surely rules him out of the Rangers job :greengrin

Lancs Harp
12-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Word on the Fylde Coast is that Mike Bassett has got the job. Cracking appointment for The Rangers.

bingo70
12-11-2017, 06:32 PM
I loved Michael O’Neill as a player and he was the first player that I really idolised.

I have concerns about him getting the Scotland job though (other than me having a bet on him). Look at the experience of that Northern Ireland team, particularly in Defence which was the foundation of their success. Do the likes of Hughes, mcauley, Evans, Davis and Brunt really take much management? They were the oldest squad in the qualifiers by a distance apparently and whilst that’s not a reason to criticise him, it does make me think the players are almost capable of managing themselves though in terms of motivating them.

I absolutely loved the guy so I don’t take any pleasure in talking him down, I just hope if he is the guy the SFA want they look beyond recent successful result and do a proper full due diligence.

Firestarter
12-11-2017, 06:35 PM
He wants the Scotland job. Stick on in the next couple of weeks. Lump on.

bingo70
12-11-2017, 06:36 PM
He wants the Scotland job. Stick on in the next couple of weeks. Lump on.

I agree. Think it’s an absolute stick on.

hhibs
12-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Poor show if they’ve unsettled McInnes, and haven’t the dosh to pay, when theyve known his release clause all along

Indeed,so unlike them. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
12-11-2017, 07:39 PM

It's very sad but I would be very surprised if they hired Michael O'Neill as their manager for obvious reasons.

bingo70
12-11-2017, 07:42 PM

As much as I hate Rangers they’ve not really done anything to unsettle McInnes, to date it’s just the media and pundits that have assumed he’ll be the man they’ll go after.

oneone73
12-11-2017, 07:45 PM
As much as I hate Rangers they’ve not really done anything to unsettle McInnes, to date it’s just the media and pundits that have assumed he’ll be the man they’ll go after.

On a nod and a wink from whom, I wonder?

Billy Whizz
12-11-2017, 07:47 PM

You don’t Rangers will have spoken to his agent?

Thecat23
12-11-2017, 07:50 PM

The Rangers have spoke with Aberdeen regarding Mcinnes. That was couple weeks back.

bingo70
12-11-2017, 07:52 PM

I’ve no idea.

If they want him then probably but if they’ve spoken to his agent but then found out they can’t afford him it makes sense they move onto other targets.

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2017, 06:11 AM
The Rangers have spoke with Aberdeen regarding Mcinnes. That was couple weeks back.

"Dae ye still want a million quid fir McInnes"
"Aye"
"Bugger"

G B Young
13-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Maybe the yams will be back in for him to allow Potter to step out of the firing line. It was, after all, a 'done deal' within hours of Cathro getting sacked according to some of them :wink:

FWIW, I'm not sure O'Neill would be the miracle worker for Scotland some seem to hope. It would be a comfortable number for him seeing he's based in Edinburgh, but is it really much of a step-up considering the next tournament Scotland could conceivably qualify for is three years away? I'd have thought he might have more ambition than that (ie a job down south) although his recent drink driving conviction won't have done him any favours in that respect.

Winston Ingram
13-11-2017, 06:40 AM
I suspect Scotland will make their move now.

I cannot for the life of me think why on earth he'd be remotely interested in this.

theonlywayisup
13-11-2017, 06:43 AM

Don't the teams play each other twice in a week or so! Would be interesting if McInnes joined The Rangers either before, during or after these two matches. He can't win whatever he does, apart from saying he's not interested in the The Rangers job.

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2017, 06:45 AM
Don't the teams play each other twice in a week or so! Would be interesting if McInnes joined The Rangers either before, during or after these two matches. He can't win whatever he does, apart from saying he's not interested in the The Rangers job.

I don't understand why Rangers haven't gone all out to get him, unless they would in fact have a problem meeting the release clause. He's the obvious choice.

Thecat23
13-11-2017, 06:49 AM
"Dae ye still want a million quid fir McInnes"
"Aye"
"Bugger"

Haha that’s probably how it went to be fair.

Thecat23
13-11-2017, 06:51 AM

I’m not sure, but I ageee that would be interesting if he was to leave at any point before these games. Maybe he will go after if they can get money together.

Winston Ingram
13-11-2017, 06:57 AM
I don't understand why Rangers haven't gone all out to get him, unless they would in fact have a problem meeting the release clause. He's the obvious choice.

Did you not see their latest accounts? They're running on fumes. They are absolutely routed.

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2017, 07:04 AM
Did you not see their latest accounts? They're running on fumes. They are absolutely routed.

Yes, it has to be a money issue; they're screwed. I would imagine he's the guy they would want.

Thecat23
13-11-2017, 07:53 AM
I see the USA are now being linked with him.

Firestarter
13-11-2017, 08:00 AM
I see the USA are now being linked with him.

Can he get a job there with his conviction?

Thecat23
13-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Can he get a job there with his conviction?

No idea, good question though! Surely the USA would be aware of it if they have approached him.

Firestarter
13-11-2017, 09:33 AM
No idea, good question though! Surely the USA would be aware of it if they have approached him.

True.

Iggy Pope
14-11-2017, 10:32 PM
It's very sad but I would be very surprised if they hired Michael O'Neill as their manager for obvious reasons.

Unless he steadfastly refuses to wear,a poppy I can't say I understand your surprise.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Unless he steadfastly refuses to wear,a poppy I can't say I understand your surprise.

Is Michael a catholic? Does it matter to us - of course not.

Does it matter to them - what do you think?!

Their "loyal" bigoted support was referring to their last manager as "Pedro the paedo" before he'd even managed them.

Sammy7nil
15-11-2017, 11:45 AM
No chance. Clubs down south will be queuing up. He’s not that daft. Scotland would be a far better risk.

I hope clubs down saff are queuing up I don't fancy him as the Scotland manager

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 11:54 AM

I'm the same - and actually, think he would be mad to go for Scotland job - his stock unlikely to ever be higher - he should get the best club job he can...

heretoday
15-11-2017, 11:56 AM
He should stay at NI.

Easy life.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 12:56 PM
I'm the same - and actually, think he would be mad to go for Scotland job - his stock unlikely to ever be higher - he should get the best club job he can...

Living and enjoying life in Edinburgh that may just be Scotland with a quite easy go at the Euros to be hosted partially in Glasgow. Then off to Celtic when Rodgers wins ten in a row.

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Living and enjoying life in Edinburgh that may just be Scotland with a quite easy go at the Euros to be hosted partially in Glasgow. Then off to Celtic when Rodgers wins ten in a row.

wow...that a high dream for him - I was thinking someone like Sunderland or at best Burnley...can't see him ever being near the level of the Celtic job.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 01:03 PM
wow...that a high dream for him - I was thinking someone like Sunderland or at best Burnley...can't see him ever being near the level of the Celtic job.

They had Lennon as a rookie and Ronnie roar so I wouldn't think he would be that far away if he made a big impression with Scotland.

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 01:05 PM
They had Lennon as a rookie and Ronnie roar so I wouldn't think he would be that far away if he made a big impression with Scotland.

Think he would have to prove himself at club level to get anywhere near that gig these days..

1van Sprou7e
15-11-2017, 01:09 PM

Why? Who could we possibly get who'd be better?

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 02:06 PM
Think he would have to prove himself at club level to get anywhere near that gig these days..

Fair enough, he done amazing with Celtics Irish cousins Shanrock Rovers too mind. Quite remarkable we didn't go for him.

jacomo
15-11-2017, 02:26 PM

Which sane manager would want the Sunderland gig right now?

It's for rookies or guys desperate to get back into the game.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 02:29 PM

Or Burnley for that matter after Dyche leaves?

Scotland is right fit at the right time for Michael.

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Fair enough, he done amazing with Celtics Irish cousins Shanrock Rovers too mind. Quite remarkable we didn't go for him.

He did do well there...that's true

He was out of our reach when Stubbs left...and before that we chose Stubbs rather than him - if I correctly recall..or was it an earlier appointment??

I'm still not convinced with him to be honest - he had an EPL defence with NI - Scotland haven't had that for year..will be interesting to see how he does..

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 02:31 PM

aye fair point - bad example - the point still stands though - I expect him to want a club gig rather than Scotland - as I don't fancy him for the role - I'd be happy with that

CMac1988
15-11-2017, 02:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/42002216

Official approach been made.

Smartie
15-11-2017, 02:33 PM

Sunderland is a managerial graveyard - they are a mess and have ruined a few managers' reputations in recent years.

Big club though, and whilst they've not always been properly "backed", their managers have been given a few quid to spend. A decent manager who may not necessarily be in with a shout of getting an EPL job but who has confidence in his own ability might fancy their chances of turning them around. They're very like Hibs pre-Dempster.

A few bad apples in the squad, a very unhappy support and an owner who wants out - a tough gig for anyone.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 02:36 PM

He was out of our reach when Stubbs left...and before that we chose Stubbs rather than him - if I correctly recall..or was it an earlier appointment??

I'm still not convinced with him to be honest - he had an EPL defence with NI - Scotland haven't had that for year..will be interesting to see how he does..

It was Fenlon instead of O'Neil.

He has Aaron Hughes in his defence, we have Tierney and Robertson, he also took Shamrock with a Loi defence to the Europa Groups twice almost qualifying out of it. A manager done that up here with any side outwith Celtic he would be lauded as god.

And if you're not convinced fair enough I respect your opinion.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Sunderland is a managerial graveyard - they are a mess and have ruined a few managers' reputations in recent years.

Big club though, and whilst they've not always been properly "backed", their managers have been given a few quid to spend. A decent manager who may not necessarily be in with a shout of getting an EPL job but who has confidence in his own ability might fancy their chances of turning them around. They're very like Hibs pre-Dempster.

A few bad apples in the squad, a very unhappy support and an owner who wants out - a tough gig for anyone.

Martin Bain is their Leanne. Enough said.

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-11-2017, 02:45 PM
It was Fenlon instead of O'Neil.

He has Aaron Hughes in his defence, we have Tierney and Robertson, he also took Shamrock with a Loi defence to the Europa Groups twice almost qualifying out of it. A manager done that up here with any side outwith Celtic he would be lauded as god.

And if you're not convinced fair enough I respect your opinion.

3 of the back 5 play for the same club, that must make it easier when defending.

Stephen Kenny also has a decent record in Scotland and the LOI.

NI have a largely experienced squad whereas I’d say our besthope now is to give the youngsters a chance to build a squad. So entirely different situations

Fans expectations for both nations are also very different.We almost expect to qualify for every tournament whereas NI expected to avoidbottom place – a space they occupied in MON first campaign. I don’t believe ourfans would allow him the luxury of not winning for 8 or 9 games at the start ofhis reign.
Strachan took pelters for bringing on C.Martin – NI starteda lanky streak of piss up front and went long to him, again that’s an approach Idon’t believe our fans would accept.
Similarities to Butcher at Inverness then taking on a biggerjob with Hibs are at the back of my mind. But I’ll support MON if he’s to beour next manager, as I have done with all the others including Levein andBurley.

Frazerbob
15-11-2017, 02:47 PM
There’s no way the SFA have approached the Irish FA without sounding him out first. They obviously believe he’s keen. The SFA know they’ll get slaughtered if he tells them to bolt.

Diclonius
15-11-2017, 02:51 PM
Called it.

Smartie
15-11-2017, 02:55 PM
Martin Bain is their Leanne. Enough said.

They've been knocked back by a few of their preferred managerial targets and it is looking increasingly likely that they are going to appoint Bain's old pal Ally McCoist.

I wonder what part of Bain's CV, being heavily involved at a club that went out of existence that led to Sunderland thinking he was up to the job there?

Billy Whizz
15-11-2017, 03:04 PM
If Michael gets it, hope he doesn’t bring Austin McPhee with him

heretoday
15-11-2017, 03:06 PM
How about Martin O'Neill for Scotland?

Phil MaGlass
15-11-2017, 03:07 PM
The Scotland job would be a great learning path for 2-3 years for Michael, before stepping into the one he really wants, The Hibs Job,.:greengrin

vuefrom1875
15-11-2017, 03:49 PM
If Michael gets it, hope he doesn’t bring Austin McPhee with him

Aka....plug oot o the Beano 😊😊

J-C
15-11-2017, 05:12 PM

He was interviewed for the Hibs job but Petrie opted for Fenlon, huge mistake by Petrie there.

G B Young
15-11-2017, 05:22 PM
He was interviewed for the Hibs job but Petrie opted for Fenlon, huge mistake by Petrie there.

As has been alluded to on here before, O'Neill said the interview went well but a certain person allegedly told Rod that he had a drinking problem.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/michael-o-neill-fears-drink-rumours-cost-him-hibs-job-1-3936491

Whether O'Neill's recent drink driving conviction lends credibility to that claim I wouldn't know.

Billy Whizz
15-11-2017, 05:23 PM
If he gets it, will N.Ireland look to Tommy Wright to replace him?

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 05:27 PM

must be favourite....

bingo70
15-11-2017, 05:30 PM

I assume Neil Lennon wouldn’t be considered for the reasons he retired from playing?

G B Young
15-11-2017, 05:39 PM
I assume Neil Lennon wouldn’t be considered for the reasons he retired from playing?

You'd imagine that would have a bearing, but he put it more simply when he was asked about the Scotland job after Strachan's sacking and said he didn't think international management was a role for younger managers.

seanshow
15-11-2017, 05:40 PM

From what I remember he was offered and ready to take the job, then the plug was pulled by Hibs following advise from a influential figure in scottish football at the time, regarding Michael O'neill's personal problems.

I have a hunch it was harry potter.

weecounty hibby
15-11-2017, 05:44 PM
From what I remember he was offered and ready to take the job, then the plug was pulled by Hibs following advise from a influential figure in scottish football at the time, regarding Michael O'neill's personal problems.

Rumour has it that it was indeed that football visionary CL.

bigwheel
15-11-2017, 05:44 PM

that's previously been confirmed...

SChibs
15-11-2017, 05:56 PM

Didn't something similar happen when we got butcher?

JimBHibees
15-11-2017, 06:02 PM

By who?

SirDavidsNapper
15-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Would love this to happen. My favourite player by far when my dad started taking me to games.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 06:16 PM

Yeah thats what I meant. Hindsight and all that.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 06:17 PM

No danger. They are close.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 06:20 PM
By who?

No danger it was Potter. O'Neil is at Riccarton every other day it seems. Probably Billy Brown or some other disaster zone like Houston. Fenlon was recommended by the the Thompsons at Utd which is where the story probably gets muddled.

G B Young
15-11-2017, 07:43 PM
No danger it was Potter. O'Neil is at Riccarton every other day it seems. Probably Billy Brown or some other disaster zone like Houston. Fenlon was recommended by the the Thompsons at Utd which is where the story probably gets muddled.

Potter, however, is only at training on a Thursday according to those who claim to be ITK on kickback so perhaps O'Neill only shows up when Potter's not there? :wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
15-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Rumour has it that it was indeed that football visionary CL.

Not doubting Levine was the guilty party but why on earth would Rod trust him in a matter to do with hibs?

I'd be more than likely to ignore anything that hateful twit says

Joe6-2
15-11-2017, 08:30 PM

Never stopped them before

G B Young
16-11-2017, 10:13 AM
Not doubting Levine was the guilty party but why on earth would Rod trust him in a matter to do with hibs?

I'd be more than likely to ignore anything that hateful twit says

It's a strange one. Levein confirms he recommended Fenlon to Hibs here:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/levein-reveals-he-helped-pat-fenlon-get-hibs-job-1-3168397

Fenlon's expected move to the Arabs fell through when they couldn't afford the compensation fee. I wonder if Levein had all but guaranteed Fenlon he'd get the United gig when he took on the Scotland job and then when that didn't happen felt he owed him a favour by touting him for the Hibs job?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8440296.stm

O'Neill, meanwhile, had a five-hour interview for the Hibs job which he felt went very well then heard nothing until Fenlon was announced as the new boss:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/michael-o-neill-fears-drink-rumours-cost-him-hibs-job-1-3936491

I guess it just underlines that after getting it right with Mowbray and, and to a short-term extent with Collins, Rod and the Hibs board lost their way badly when it came to picking a suitable manager and it wasn't until Leeann arrived that we got these decisions right.

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2017, 10:24 AM

By who?

.Net of course :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2017, 03:56 PM

Whatever manager we appoint will have the same players to pick from and the same problems we currently have.

Would O'Neil be able to do better than the previous men, who knows? Would any of the other names mentioned, again who knows?

We can't attract top men these days, whoever we pick we can probably pick holes in their CV.

bigwheel
16-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Whatever manager we appoint will have the same players to pick from and the same problems we currently have.

Would O'Neil be able to do better than the previous men, who knows? Would any of the other names mentioned, again who knows?

We can't attract top men these days, whoever we pick we can probably pick holes in their CV.

Fair points BH...Hope I'm wrong - it just has a whiff on Butcher to Hibs about it for me..Everyone clamouring for him, not sure he his as good as people think he is - He won one of his first 19 games. That is appalling at any standard. I admit though it's just a sense/feeling I have - so hope my views are wrong...

PatHead
16-11-2017, 04:37 PM
As has been alluded to on here before, O'Neill said the interview went well but a certain person allegedly told Rod that he had a drinking problem.

Whether O'Neill's recent drink driving conviction lends credibility to that claim I wouldn't know.

Didn’t know Rod had a drink problem. Wonder how potter knew.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Fair points BH...Hope I'm wrong - it just has a whiff on Butcher to Hibs about it for me..Everyone clamouring for him, not sure he his as good as people think he is - He won one of his first 19 games. That is appalling at any standard. I admit though it's just a sense/feeling I have - so hope my views are wrong...

I'm down here in England, and have not heard the clamour to bring him in BW, and to be perfectly honest, i have no idea who could do a decent job with the team?

And being in the camp where i want the national team to do well, but don't get the same sense of despair i get when Hibs lose, i cant say i have been that bothered who we get.

Although when we do appoint someone, and the next campaign gets underway, i will still get my hopes up again thinking this might be the time we qualify. :greengrin

bingo70
06-01-2018, 08:16 AM
Daily Record reporting Michael O’Neill turned us down.

Obviously nobody will know how the negotiations went but the SFA don’t appear to have come out of this very well at all, surprise surprise.

Wonder who’s next on the list? Think as time goes on Malky Mackay will probably become favourite.

JimboHibs
06-01-2018, 08:43 AM

Obviously nobody will know how the negotiations went but the SFA don’t appear to have come out of this very well at all, surprise surprise.

Wonder who’s next on the list? Think as time goes on Malky Mackay will probably become favourite.

I think Paul Lambert will get the job.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2018, 08:54 AM
I think Paul Lambert will get the job.

Hope so, I backed him at 18/1.

The Harp Awakes
06-01-2018, 09:09 AM

Aye, me too. 18/1 with Betfair.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2018, 09:13 AM
Aye, me too. 18/1 with Betfair.

Knowing my luck it'll be MacKay that gets it. Seriously hope not but we're talking Scotland here.

Good luck

we are hibs
06-01-2018, 09:22 AM
The SFA aren't fit for purpose. Neither is Stewart Regan. Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages and it's down to him and the rest of the cronies involved in "running" our game.

sauzee=legend
06-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Would rather take lambert IMO.
Michael reminds me of Chris Coleman and Wales....
1 GK, 8 defenders and 2 attacking players to try steal a game 1-0.
I hate watching defensive football.
Might work sometimes but not all the time.
Remember the last couple of groups Wales, n.ireland have had etc - even Scotland would have got at least 2nd spot.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-01-2018, 09:59 AM
The SFA aren't fit for purpose. Neither is Stewart Regan. Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages and it's down to him and the rest of the cronies involved in "running" our game.

Getting Regan out is more important than the choice of the next Scotland manager.

vuefrom1875
06-01-2018, 10:09 AM

I'm on at 14s😀😀

Diclonius
06-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Clear out the whole ****ing organisation.

Lambert would be the latest dull, defensive ex-OF yes man.

Col2
06-01-2018, 11:40 AM
How pathetic a national organisation and football association we have.

O'Neill was the preferred choice, he was interested enough to get involved in procees and yet it appears he is going to stick with NI instead.

We can't even seal the deal for what looks like a clear 1st choice. Are NI offering money? Or showing more ambition? Or not putting any constraints in e.g. His management team? What ever the answer is it's clear the SFA and the CEO are incompetent to new levels.

After listening to the podcast cup final shared on here, the words from Regan were historical and totally out of proportion. He said "some of the worst scenes he had ever seen in football". Really, REALLY?

Just one of many examples of how much a clown he is.Just go now.

sauzee6_2
06-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Getting Regan out is more important than the choice of the next Scotland manager.

Be careful what you wish for.....I’m pretty sure Ms Dempster would become a red hot property should Stuart Reagan move on.

tamig
06-01-2018, 11:48 AM
How pathetic a national organisation and football association we have.

O'Neill was the preferred choice, he was interested enough to get involved in procees and yet it appears he is going to stick with NI instead.

We can't even seal the deal for what looks like a clear 1st choice. Are NI offering money? Or showing more ambition? Or not putting any constraints in e.g. His management team? What ever the answer is it's clear the SFA and the CEO are incompetent to new levels.

After listening to the podcast cup final shared on here, the words from Regan were historical and totally out of proportion. He said "some of the worst scenes he had ever seen in football". Really, REALLY?

Just one of many examples of how much a clown he is.Just go now.
It’s pathetic and almost mirrors the hun “pursuit” of McInnes. O’Neill should have already been in place way before Christmas if he was the top target. The SFA appear to have screwed up big time here. Again.

jacomo
06-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Would rather take lambert IMO.
Michael reminds me of Chris Coleman and Wales....
1 GK, 8 defenders and 2 attacking players to try steal a game 1-0.
I hate watching defensive football.
Might work sometimes but not all the time.
Remember the last couple of groups Wales, n.ireland have had etc - even Scotland would have got at least 2nd spot.

Michael O'Neill has done a fantastic job with NI.

If he set his team up to be open and attack they would get slaughtered every time. He's fielding players like Aaron Hughes and Lafferty FFS - hardly world class talent.

Col2
06-01-2018, 11:52 AM
It’s pathetic and almost mirrors the hun “pursuit” of McInnes. O’Neill should have already been in place way before Christmas if he was the top target. The SFA appear to have screwed up big time here. Again.

You can just imagine how it played out. They had monthly board meetings - Nov to look at candidates, Dec to agree preferred candidate and then Xmas lunch, Jan to start to procees to look at compensation and package, Feb to finalise offer and March to finalise appointment. Meanwhile in the real world 5 months isn't something decent managers are happy to wait around for...

Lago
06-01-2018, 01:30 PM

Daily Mail reporting progress being made in negotiations, who do you believe? Mind you I think he will be having second thoughts based on the way SFA have handled it.

Pretty Boy
06-01-2018, 01:32 PM
As soon as he said publicly he was surprised the SFA made their interest public before contacting him it was always in doubt. He clearly wasn't happy and rightly so, it put him in a pretty uncomfortable position publicly.

ekhibee
06-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Would love this to happen. My favourite player by far when my dad started taking me to games.

https://youtu.be/dvgDNxueTtA

I was at this game, what a brilliant finish by O'Neill for the 2nd goal, but it was a great goal all round. He was a class act, so was Crunchie.

Frazerbob
06-01-2018, 03:24 PM

I was at this game, what a brilliant finish by O'Neill for the 2nd goal, but it was a great goal all round. He was a class act, so was Crunchie.

A lot of airbrushing when it comes to MO’N’s time at Hibs. He could be superb and had great ability but equally had a poor attitude in many games and did nothing. Similar to Zemmama IMHO. Crunchie had a far better attitude.

Is It On....
06-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Be careful what you wish for.....I’m pretty sure Ms Dempster would become a red hot property should Stuart Reagan move on.

She would be a brilliant choice but, thankfully, I don't think the SFA are brave enough to even contemplate it 🙂.

greenlex
06-01-2018, 03:46 PM
500k release clause. It’s to be paid before the SFA an talk to O neill. Very similar to the McInnes situation with Rangers.. Angers didn’t have it as the SFA don’t have it. It might still happen if the SFA can scramble the cash together.

IWasThere2016
06-01-2018, 10:48 PM
2nd fave for Stoke job ..

Tornadoes70
06-01-2018, 11:12 PM

:top marks

Michael O'Neill was a very classy player along with wee Crunchie. Lots of good individual players in that team with Pat McGinley a very deserved fans favorite.

CallumLaidlaw
07-01-2018, 12:23 AM
2nd fave for Stoke job ..

Wrong O’Neill [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
07-01-2018, 12:55 AM
:top marks

Michael O'Neill was a very classy player along with wee Crunchie. Lots of good individual players in that team with Pat McGinley a very deserved fans favorite.
One of my favourite memories of Crunchie was after he left Hibs and was back at Falkirk. At the end of the pre-match warm up at the old Brockville (what a dump that was) he waited for his team mates to leave then deliberately missed the goal and came over to get the ball back and while he was at it wished us well once we were promoted - all round ovation for him from The Hibs fans there including me and the boy.......:aok::aok:

Tornadoes70
07-01-2018, 01:05 AM
One of my favourite memories of Crunchie was after he left Hibs and was back at Falkirk. At the end of the pre-match warm up at the old Brockville (what a dump that was) he waited for his team mates to leave then deliberately missed the goal and came over to get the ball back and while he was at it wished us well once we were promoted - all round ovation for him from The Hibs fans there including me and the boy.......:aok::aok:

These type memories of following the Hibernian and other clubs for that matter are what makes football the terrific sport it is. Great stuff.

:aok:

McD
07-01-2018, 02:09 PM
These type memories of following the Hibernian and other clubs for that matter are what makes football the terrific sport it is. Great stuff.

:aok:

:agree:

And shows it’s the difference in players who have class, and recognise the relationship they’ve built with fans of their clubs

Scott Allan Key
08-01-2018, 10:19 AM
:agree:

And shows it’s the difference in players who have class, and recognise the relationship they’ve built with fans of their clubs

Crunchie was only wee height wise, he was very well built IIRC and one of our strongest players. Not a wispy winger at all. Class story.

snooky
08-01-2018, 10:22 AM

..... aye, riding on a donkey.