11-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Very good fight

johncrobertson@
11-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Very good fight
Missed the fight - did he win.

Nevi_SOL
11-11-2017, 09:48 PM
Very smart fighter. Will do well for himself.

vuefrom1875
11-11-2017, 09:48 PM

Yes tech K.O.in the 9th.

Nevi_SOL
11-11-2017, 09:49 PM

Aye round 9 technical KO

Hibby70
11-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Title fight at Easter Road in the summer?

Thecat23
11-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Great body shot, JT has the potential for very big things. Has the power and the technique. That was a good test for him and he’s come through it without any major questions!

The Harp
11-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Great win for JT, first time Vazquez has been stopped.
Easton did well in the earlier fight too - it was some contest.

Navids Numpties
11-11-2017, 10:08 PM

Jason Easton's brother Dylan used to play for St Johnstone.

Frazerbob
11-11-2017, 10:10 PM
It was a Knockout, not a TKO. Just saying.

Thecat23
11-11-2017, 10:12 PM

Boy Easton was fighting was a machine, just kept taking blow after blow. Easton threw everything at him.

Kavinho
11-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Aye round 9 technical KO

Nothing technical about a 10 count !!

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Great body shot, JT has the potential for very big things. Has the power and the technique. That was a good test for him and he’s come through it without any major questions!

Apart fi the massive cut above his eye!

Thecat23
11-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Apart fi the massive cut above his eye!

That’s nothing to do with his technique though. Anyone can get cut and clashing of heads can make it worse. He was never in any danger during that fight not even close.

kaimendhibs
11-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Apart fi the massive cut above his eye!Caused by a head knock

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

monktonharp
11-11-2017, 10:52 PM
brilliant to hear the lad won that one. not exactly Roberto Duran he was up against but a good pro he was mixing with none the less. Buchanan boxed wi' the best, and could/should have won. all about those low punches or head clashes in those fights that make the difference.

Scouse Hibee
11-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Aye round 9 technical KO

Won by KO not TKO, Vasquez was counted out. Great body shots.

Thecat23
11-11-2017, 10:56 PM
brilliant to hear the lad won that one. not exactly Roberto Duran he was up against but a good pro he was mixing with none the less. Buchanan boxed wi' the best, and could/should have won. all about those low punches or head clashes in those fights that make the difference.

The body shots are killers. He knew he had to switch and focus on the body as he could have fought all night battering the boys head and get no where.

monktonharp
11-11-2017, 11:05 PM
The body shots are killers. He knew he had to switch and focus on the body as he could have fought all night battering the boys head and get no where.superb. good to hear he's got the nonce to do it. Duran, well he was the same...hit him wi' a hammer and Kenny would still be up against it but he had to deal with a real dodgy under the belt blow from Duran. Stone fists, as they called him , probably did not aim below the belt but Buchanan suffered for it on the night, IIRC. NEVERTHELESS WELL DONE jOSH.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Caused by a head knock

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm well aware of how it came about, I'm sure he could've done without it though.

murray26
11-11-2017, 11:47 PM
Outstanding from JT.. 10 of us planning to go to his next fight.. this boy looks the real deal.. the undercard wasn’t to bad either looking forward to seeing Easton and McGregor too.. the Edinburgh fight scene is buzzing.. hopefully get a big venue for his next flight 10/10..

Navids Numpties
12-11-2017, 12:04 AM
Proper good guy Josh, knocked out Vazquez then asked him to come for a pint after the fight😂.

OsloHibs
12-11-2017, 01:38 AM
Well done Josh

Nevi_SOL
12-11-2017, 02:26 AM
Outstanding from JT.. 10 of us planning to go to his next fight.. this boy looks the real deal.. the undercard wasn’t to bad either looking forward to seeing Easton and McGregor too.. the Edinburgh fight scene is buzzing.. hopefully get a big venue for his next flight 10/10..

Iain trotter from Haddington as well won tonight 2nd fight on the undercard

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-11-2017, 06:34 AM
Proper good guy Josh, knocked out Vazquez then asked him to come for a pint after the fight😂.

I thought I saw him gesturing that to him in the ring after the fight.

vuefrom1875
12-11-2017, 07:40 AM
It was a Knockout, not a TKO. Just saying.

Oh.....apologies...my mistake!

Anti-hoofbaw
12-11-2017, 07:42 AM

Duran should've been disqualified for that low blow. Think it was a reply to Buchanan punching him after the bell. Duran was winning the fight convincing on the cards and put a bit of a beating on Ken when he got him against the ropes which included a lot of head butts and illegal stuff. It's a great fight to watch. Buchanan showed a lot of skill with his jab and counter left hook and was as tough as nails, but Duran at lightweight was a force of nature.

Firestarter
12-11-2017, 07:50 AM
Jason Easton's brother Dylan used to play for St Johnstone.

Both Hibees too. Jason trained with us a couple of years ago.

Anti-hoofbaw
12-11-2017, 08:10 AM
Great performance from JT breaking down a tricky, tough ex world champ who has been in with the likes of Tim Bradley and Canelo Alvarez X2. Josh is the first guy to stop him, and he asked him out for a pint afterwards.

#hibsclass

Allant1981
12-11-2017, 09:11 AM

the guy he was fighting was a world champion for 4 years was he not? not just a good pro

The Harp
12-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Boy Easton was fighting was a machine, just kept taking blow after blow. Easton threw everything at him.

God knows how the guy stayed on his feet. He took so many heavy blows but kept coming back for more. 10 out of 10 for guts.

Anti-hoofbaw
12-11-2017, 10:32 AM
the guy he was fighting was a world champion for 4 years was he not? not just a good pro

For anyone not familiar with Vazquez, ignore the losses on his record, he should only have two at the most, he won the Mickey Bey match by a mile, it was one of the most notorious robberies that year. The Mendez loss, was equally bull****, Most watching had Vazquez winning fairly easily. The other 3 losses are two to Canelo and one to Bradley. No shame there, especially when you consider one of the losses to Canelo was Vazquez's first match, and it was an SD, there was a rematch, and he lost that one by UD. He claimed robbery in both Canelo losses. While he may be BSing, the fact that his matches against Canelo are literally nowhere to be found on the net, gives a degree of credence to his claim. This was a damn good win for Taylor. A win that certainly some who merely glance at his record on Boxrec may underrate, which they definitely should not. Granted Taylor is a LWW, and Vazquez is a LW, that's not a great argument to discredit it, because Vazquez has been campaigning at LWW for his last 4 or 5 matches, and its not like he's wartorn or anything, his style is the epitome of safety first, he rarely takes anything even close to a beating.

Pretty Boy
12-11-2017, 10:34 AM
Good performance by JT in a tricky fight. Good booking by McGuigan to put him in against a guy who made him think with his style and forced him to box smart rather than just loading up as he has been able to do previouly. He took a few shots early doors but from about the 4th round he got to grips with him and dominated.

A fight against Anthony Yigit for the European title, assuming he wins in 3 weeks, would be a cracking fight. If that could be brought to Scotland it should see a huge crowd.

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2017, 10:54 AM
Good performance by JT in a tricky fight. Good booking by McGuigan to put him in against a guy who made him think with his style and forced him to box smart rather than just loading up as he has been able to do previouly. He took a few shots early doors but from about the 4th round he got to grips with him and dominated.

A fight against Anthony Yigit for the European title, assuming he wins in 3 weeks, would be a cracking fight. If that could be brought to Scotland it should see a huge crowd.

Don't think that fight would be too hard to make, Ive read an interview with Yigit where he mentions JT beat him in the amateurs and that they had him over for sparring for the Davies fight, seems like a right nice bloke as well

Anti-hoofbaw
12-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Don't think that fight would be too hard to make, Ive read an interview with Yigit where he mentions JT beat him in the amateurs and that they had him over for sparring for the Davies fight, seems like a right nice bloke as well

I'm sure this is the interview you're on about, mate.

https://youtu.be/UNKBmmse4r4

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2017, 11:29 AM
I'm sure this is the interview you're on about, mate.

https://youtu.be/UNKBmmse4r4

Cheers, thats the one, I must be going mental if I can't remember if I've read or seen something these days haha

Anti-hoofbaw
12-11-2017, 11:34 AM
Cheers, thats the one, I must be going mental if I can't remember if I've read or seen something these days haha

Haha no worries ma man.

southsider
12-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Watched the fight on TV and was highly impressed. A wee boxing story for the younger ones. Mohammad Ali was on the undercard to aKen Buchanan fight at Madison Square Garden and they had to share a changing room. The bold Kenny draw a chalk line on the floor and said to Ali. "Right mate this is my half and that is your half and dinny be crossing the line".

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2017, 12:44 PM
superb. good to hear he's got the nonce to do it. Duran, well he was the same...hit him wi' a hammer and Kenny would still be up against it but he had to deal with a real dodgy under the belt blow from Duran. Stone fists, as they called him , probably did not aim below the belt but Buchanan suffered for it on the night, IIRC. NEVERTHELESS WELL DONE jOSH.

Craig Levein may have once knocked out Graham Hogg, but he'd struggle against Vasquez and I doubt he'd fight on behalf of a Hibby like Josh T.

southsider
12-11-2017, 01:29 PM
Duran was called Manos de Piedra which roughly translates into Hands of Stone

Anti-hoofbaw
12-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Duran was called Manos de Piedra which roughly translates into Hands of Stone

Roberto Duran was also called 'El Cholo'.

Some boxers had more than one moniker. Tommy 'The Hitman' Hearns was also called 'The Motor City Cobra'. Arguably the greatest British boxer of all time and definitely the greatest Welsh boxer ever Jimmy 'The Mighty Atom' Wilde also went by the moniker 'The Ghost with the Hammer in his Hands'.

guidref
13-11-2017, 06:56 AM
As well as beng a fantastic boxer Josh is a genuine realy nice young man. I have known him since he was a wee boy as I went o schol with his parents .

Having his team wear the Action for Alex t-shirts and mention Alex was a touch of class. He also turned up to a fund raising event yesterday and posed for photos for hours.

In case you dont know the Action for Alex is for Alex Logan, a 5 year old who has a brain tumour and they are trying to raise funds for treatment and for his family so thay can be with him in hospital. Alex is my sister's grandson and its a real tragedy for this family.

if anyone wants to support just search for #actionforalex.

Apologies if it seems I am hijacking the thread about Josh but I know Josh wont mind as its something that is close to his heart.