PDA

View Full Version : Decent article about Simon Murray

1van Sprou7e
11-11-2017, 01:59 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41941982

Pretty Boy
11-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Very good read.

Every interview I read with Murray leaves me more impressed. Seems to have his head screwed on, wants to improve and appreciates being at Hibs. Add to that he's a more than decent player who's scoring goals.

lord bunberry
11-11-2017, 05:24 PM
I absolutely love the guys attitude. He never stops trying and he knows he’s living the dream.

Nevi_SOL
11-11-2017, 07:02 PM
Love the big guy. Good article 👍🏼

WoreTheGreen
11-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Did anyone else see him on stv re the josh taylor weigh in at pans comm/ sports centre

johnbc70
11-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Seems to be another one that 'gets' the club.

hibsbollah
11-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Why does every comment about him always focus on his hair colour though? 'the flame haired frontman', the carrot topped cavalier' or similar pishy rhetorical flourishes.

vla_di_vla
11-11-2017, 07:15 PM
Love the big guy. Good article 👍🏼

He surely must be getting considered for Scotland? There's no other Scottish forward playing regularly and scoring goals in the top flight out with Griffiths that I'm surprised he wasn't called up for the Holland game for cover.

hibsbollah
11-11-2017, 07:20 PM
He surely must be getting considered for Scotland? There's no other Scottish forward playing regularly and scoring goals in the top flight out with Griffiths that I'm surprised he wasn't called up for the Holland game for cover.

Surely not? This is the forward who Stephen Craigen says has severe limitations to his game, and who will need to improve his first touch before he can be considered a quality player :na na:

SirDavidsNapper
11-11-2017, 07:21 PM
I was slightly sceptical when we signed him but I've been massively impressed. He's been excellent and we don't miss Cummings one bit.

vla_di_vla
11-11-2017, 07:24 PM
I was slightly sceptical when we signed him but I've been massively impressed. He's been excellent and we don't miss Cummings one bit.

For me he's an upgrade on Cummings. At least he's capable of being a lone striker, something Cummings isn't suited to in my opinion

SirDavidsNapper
11-11-2017, 07:24 PM
For me he's an upgrade on Cummings. At least he's capable of being a lone striker, something Cummings isn't suited to in my opinionTrue. His workrate is unreal.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

RyeSloan
11-11-2017, 08:23 PM
For me he's an upgrade on Cummings. At least he's capable of being a lone striker, something Cummings isn't suited to in my opinion

Hmmm wouldn't go that far but to be fair he's already taken to scoring against the Yams [emoji106]

Jonnyboy
11-11-2017, 09:26 PM
Did anyone else see him on stv re the josh taylor weigh in at pans comm/ sports centre

:agree:

Tornadoes70
11-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Excellent interview. A really decent grounded genuine man. Good on you Simon and keep up the hard work pal. Great stuff.

:aok:

essexhibee
11-11-2017, 09:43 PM

He may be better suited to a lone striker role but technically no way is he an upgrade on Cummings imo.

In regards to the article it's good to see someone who genuinely is loving every minute of his time at the club and wants to be the best he can be. If only Jamie Insall had the same attitude.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Surely not? This is the forward who Stephen Craigen says has severe limitations to his game, and who will need to improve his first touch before he can be considered a quality player :na na:

That says more about Craigen than it does about Simon Murray.

Hibbyradge
12-11-2017, 08:19 AM
He may be better suited to a lone striker role but technically no way is he an upgrade on Cummings imo.

In regards to the article it's good to see someone who genuinely is loving every minute of his time at the club and wants to be the best he can be. If only Jamie Insall had the same attitude.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but what did Cummings give us that Murray doesn't?

Jones28
12-11-2017, 08:40 AM
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but what did Cummings give us that Murray doesn't?

Tbf to JC he was capable of the spectacular. Murray might not have a 25 yarder in his pocket but his workrate and desire is more valuable for me, especially in the lone striker role.

Northernhibee
12-11-2017, 09:04 AM

He's a long way off IMO. Good player for us on a good run of form but nowhere near international level yet.

Stuart93
12-11-2017, 09:13 AM

More consistent goalscorer

neil7908
12-11-2017, 09:20 AM
I'm another who wasn't sure when he signed and saw him as a squad player but he's definitely won me over. He still needs to work on parts of his game and I think he's miles from the Scotland squad but overall very pleased he's a Hibs player.

overdrive
12-11-2017, 09:24 AM

Cummings’ first touch and control wasn’t all that great either to be honest. He looked quite clumsy at times although he did improve a lot last season.

SChibs
12-11-2017, 01:29 PM
If Murray scores 7 more before the end of the season he'll be on 20. Very good since he was only considered a squad player by many