PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Claros

Forza Fred
10-11-2017, 11:56 PM
Just watched the Socceroos draw 0-0 with Honduras as the two teams battle it out for one of the last places in Russia.

Oz favourites to go through now, and good to see ex Hibee Jorge Claros play the full match for Honduras.

Jorge was a fine player when at ER and a good bloke too.

beensaidbefore
11-11-2017, 12:10 AM
Just watched the Socceroos draw 0-0 with Honduras as the two teams battle it out for one of the last places in Russia.

Oz favourites to go through now, and good to see ex Hibee Jorge Claros play the full match for Honduras.

Jorge was a fine player when at ER and a good bloke too.

Nice to hear.

Looked him up on wiki the other day to see how he was getting on.

Im sure he could have been a better ayer for us in team like we have now.

hibsbollah
11-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Looking at the live text he seemed to be on the ball a lot and drew a couple of yellow cards off the aussies, so sounds like he was involved.

cleanyman
11-11-2017, 10:32 AM
The pitbull.

Aye okay then. Vastly overrated and along with Kujabi pulled off one of the worst performances in footballing history.

matty_f
11-11-2017, 10:35 AM
I thought Claros was a cracking player in a poor team. His performance in the derby where Griffiths' free kick 'goal' want given was brilliant. Just mopped up Hearts attacks time and again.

Almost Bartley-esque.

Hibernian Verse
11-11-2017, 10:39 AM
The pitbull.

Aye okay then. Vastly overrated and along with Kujabi pulled off one of the worst performances in footballing history.Get over it. He had a terrible game but so did the rest of the squad including our very own O'Connor, Hanlon and Griffiths.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

cleanyman
11-11-2017, 10:42 AM
I'd have looked good in that team.

Claros was average.

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2017, 11:40 AM
The pitbull.

Aye okay then. Vastly overrated and along with Kujabi pulled off one of the worst performances in footballing history.

What the **** are you talking about? Claros was poor initially but was our 2nd best player during the 2012/13 season.

Thecat23
11-11-2017, 11:50 AM
The pitbull.

Aye ok then, he started slow with us but ended up playing very well and prob our best player bar LG. Class player and you could see he was above the rest!

neil7908
11-11-2017, 11:53 AM
An absolutely fantastic player for us. Would take him back in a heartbeat, even with the quality of our current midfield.

I bet Lennon would love him as a player aswell.

DH1875
11-11-2017, 11:58 AM
The pitbull.

I'll give you Kujabi, but very unfair on Claros. Turned out to be a very good wee player IMO.

mentalhibee
11-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Quality player in a poor team, was gutted when he left!

cleanyman
11-11-2017, 12:10 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Claros was poor initially but was our 2nd best player during the 2012/13 season.

That's not saying much is it

hibsbollah
11-11-2017, 12:11 PM
I'll give you Kujabi, but very unfair on Claros. Turned out to be a very good wee player IMO.

:agree:No doubt.

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2017, 12:14 PM
That's not saying much is itNotice how you are the only one who didn't rate him in the thread so far, that says a lot tbh.

SirDavidsNapper
11-11-2017, 12:16 PM
I'm one of the few that though Claros was murder. Wouldn't be near the bench in today's team.

easty
11-11-2017, 12:28 PM
I'm one of the few that though Claros was murder. Wouldn't be near the bench in today's team.

Absolute nonsense.

SirDavidsNapper
11-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Absolute nonsense.He was a fish out of water in cup final against them. Hopeless

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

overdrive
11-11-2017, 12:31 PM

A lot of people on here acted as if the world had collapsed in on itself when we let Fyvie go and would have had him as one of the first names on the team sheet never mind on the bench. Claros is an infinitely better player than Fyvie and they both played a similar position in midfield.

Losing Griffiths and Claros that summer and the failure to properly replace them were factors in us getting relegated.

easty
11-11-2017, 12:35 PM
He was a fish out of water in cup final against them. Hopeless

So was Griffiths

kaimendhibs
11-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Loved Claros. Great player in a shocking team

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OsloHibs
11-11-2017, 12:40 PM
The pitbull.

Just that game then?

davhibby
11-11-2017, 01:08 PM

He was poor the first 6 months he was here but was a great player in his full season

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2017, 01:09 PM

So were Griffiths, Hanlon, Stevenson, O'Connor etc.

SirDavidsNapper
11-11-2017, 01:12 PM
The pitbull.

Agree. The most cowardly performance I've ever witnessed from a Hibs player. Owned by Ian Black. Should never have got to pull a Hibs shirt on again after that game.

Northernhibee
11-11-2017, 01:13 PM
Would have him back in the blink of an eye. Fantastic, classy player.

Northernhibee
11-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Agree. The most cowardly performance I've ever witnessed from a Hibs player. Owned by Ian Black. Should never have got to pull a Hibs shirt on again after that game.

The tactics in that final left him horribly exposed. Their width pulled the players in front of him all over the shop to try and cover, hence the reason Ivan was brought on.

marinello59
11-11-2017, 01:17 PM
I liked Claros , he was a decent player but he seems to get better and better on here as time passes. I’m not so sure he would get in to our current team on a regular basis.

Eaststandee
11-11-2017, 01:19 PM
Notice how you are the only one who didn't rate him in the thread so far, that says a lot tbh.

I didn't rate him either..

:offski:

Thecat23
11-11-2017, 01:19 PM

Give it a rest ffs, he was outstanding for us the season after. Did you watch Hibs after the cup final or just chuck the toys out the pram? Also LG has a mare should have never have pulled a hibs shirt on again??

IGRIGI
11-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Was absolute murder in "that" final, I've never booed a player off the pitch like that before, it was a total disgrace of a performance.

In fairness, it was for almost every player who stepped out that day.

He did vastly improve and show why he was nickednamed "pitbull" later on.

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Agree. The most cowardly performance I've ever witnessed from a Hibs player. Owned by Ian Black. Should never have got to pull a Hibs shirt on again after that game.Thankfully that wasn't up to you because he pulled on a Hibs shirt and played very well after that.

Keith_M
11-11-2017, 01:29 PM

Isn't that avatar of yours the most popular picture on Jambos Kickback?

SirDavidsNapper
11-11-2017, 01:30 PM
Isn't that avatar of yours the most popular picture on Jambos Kickback?Yeah think so

yonder1875
11-11-2017, 01:48 PM
People saying he was brutal for us must have been watching a different played than me. Would fit in with the current squad.

Hiber-nation
11-11-2017, 01:48 PM

Right up there with the stupidest comments I've ever read on here. You haven't watched Hibs much then have you?

Claros was raging with good old Billy Brown when he got taken off. Apparently the tactics changed about half an hour before kick off and Claros hadn't a clue where he was meant to be playing and who he was meant to be marking.

As previously mentioned, man of the match performance when we beat them 2-1, the day Caldwell scored the winner. In his 2nd season he was a shining light along with Griffiths in an otherwise dire team.

Kato
11-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Lennon would love Jorge.

greenlex
11-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Decent player but more poodle than pitbull.

Haymaker
11-11-2017, 04:29 PM
We should bring him back :hyper

Northernhibee
11-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Decent player but more poodle than pitbull.

Nonsense - he could put in a decent challenge, on the rare occasions he misplaced a pass he'd be the first on the scene to sort out the problem, would track back at a rate of knots if required.

He lacked goals and out and out pace but otherwise he was a supremely classy midfielder who'd battle when required and did the technical stuff with aplomb.

Smartie
11-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Great player.

The loss of Griffiths was always going to be the one that hit us the hardest, but our relegation came about because of some appalling transfer business and failure to adequately replace several players.

Claros, Wotherspoon and Doyle were all missed, none of whom were adequately replaced.

All of these players could do a job with our current squad.

It would be pish if we were to rewrite history and make Claros into something he wasn't. He had an awful game at Hampden, didn't look great when surrounded by Calderwood's pish and Fenlon's loan signings, but did very well in his second season when playing in Fenlon's decent side.

GreenCastle
11-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Claros was quality - he had a lot of mince around him.

If you think he was crap then I wonder what games you ever watched with him playing.

Jonnyboy
11-11-2017, 10:30 PM
I liked Claros , he was a decent player but he seems to get better and better on here as time passes. I’m not so sure he would get in to our current team on a regular basis.

I'm sure the same will apply to James Collins, given time :fibber::greengrin

The_Exile
11-11-2017, 11:00 PM
He was hung out to dry in that final and was gutted for him, he carried that entire defensive unit for vast periods of that season. Great player who done his thankless job to an exceptional standard.

silverhibee
11-11-2017, 11:08 PM
We should bring him back :hyper

Doubt we will ever see him on British soil again :wink: :greengrin

Johnny_Leith
11-11-2017, 11:48 PM

You come out with some absolutely mind blowing comments, I'm often wondering if you're deep undercover, constantly on the wind up or your sight has been damaged in some way.

Btw - Claros is a class act, once he settled moving to a new country we started seeing the best of him. Would definitely take him back.

Tornadoes70
12-11-2017, 12:02 AM
The tactics in that final left him horribly exposed. Their width pulled the players in front of him all over the shop to try and cover, hence the reason Ivan was brought on.

Not only the tactics but we must always remember the Yams lived way way outwith their means for a vast number of years and were carrying unsustainable debt levels that would never be paid back leading up to the equally ridiculous fugitive criminal Romanovs reign. They should have been put into administration if not liquidation a long time beforehand. No doubt. A clear case of financial doping by cheats.

GGTTH

Glory Lurker
12-11-2017, 01:41 AM
Probably really good at what he did, but we were so negative anyway that his contribution didn’t change our performances.

DH1875
12-11-2017, 02:26 AM
People shouldn't underestimate the stress and personal problems that Jorge had to go through in his intial first 6 months upon arriving in Scotland. Culture shock doesn't even come close to covering it and the boy came good.

Even Kujabi, as bad as he was, was short changed. Was never a penalty and he should have never been sent off in that game. We were kite no doubt about it but the refereeing display that day was nothing short of a disgrace.

Haymaker
12-11-2017, 02:40 AM

After we gain independence... We won't be British!! :hyper

Vault Boy
12-11-2017, 05:42 AM
I really liked Claros, he was absolutely terrific in the derby matches in his second season. Wouldn't be out of place in our current side IMO.

Forza Fred
12-11-2017, 06:10 AM

Probably right, but he'll be on display in Sydney on Wednesday in the second leg of the world cup decider.

we are hibs
12-11-2017, 07:58 AM
People calling a player who was shot in the head and then drove himself to hospital soft :hilarious

the people calling Claros ***** are probably the ones who weren't in the 9000 crowds watching him every second week. He was poor in his first season but his second season he was excellent and was brilliant at retaining the ball

Firestarter
12-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Good player in Shan side. Wouldn't be near our team now.

easty
12-11-2017, 09:16 AM
People shouldn't underestimate the stress and personal problems that Jorge had to go through in his intial first 6 months upon arriving in Scotland. Culture shock doesn't even come close to covering it and the boy came good.

Even Kujabi, as bad as he was, was short changed. Was never a penalty and he should have never been sent off in that game. We were kite no doubt about it but the refereeing display that day was nothing short of a disgrace.

It wasn't a pen, but it was a foul, and he'd already been booked, prob would have been a second yellow.

neil7908
12-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Good player in Shan side. Wouldn't be near our team now.

Disagree. Lennon would love him. He can control a game, pass and tackle. I'm a massive fan of Bartley but Claros would stand a great chance of getting in the team.

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2017, 01:02 PM
That was then, this is now. Not good enough for now.

Firestarter
12-11-2017, 02:55 PM
Disagree. Lennon would love him. He can control a game, pass and tackle. I'm a massive fan of Bartley but Claros would stand a great chance of getting in the team.

Have to agree to differ. Bartley every day of the week for me.

calumhibee1
12-11-2017, 03:00 PM
People calling a player who was shot in the head and then drove himself to hospital soft :hilarious

the people calling Claros ***** are probably the ones who weren't in the 9000 crowds watching him every second week. He was poor in his first season but his second season he was excellent and was brilliant at retaining the ball

Agreed. Claros started off poorly, there's no doubt about that. But seeing as he'd not long previously been shot in the head I'm willing to allow him that. In his last season here he was a very good football player.

Pretty Boy
12-11-2017, 03:03 PM
Cracking player.

I think the Pitbull nickname worked against him with some. I remember reading it was given due to his non stop chasing and hassling as opposed to him being particularly 'hard'. I think some expected a big Matty Jack type which he never was. We got a very neat and tidy footballer instead.

LaMotta
12-11-2017, 03:20 PM
It wasn't a pen, but it was a foul, and he'd already been booked, prob would have been a second yellow.

First yellow was a disgrace though that day. Skacel had just got away without one for a worse challenge on Stevenson.

CropleyWasGod
12-11-2017, 03:52 PM
First yellow was a disgrace though that day. Skacel had just got away without one for a worse challenge on Stevenson.Iirc, the Hearts player (Juanjo?) challenged him from an offside position, thus it should have been a foul to us. Kujabi fouled him in return, hence the card.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

SChibs
12-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Iirc, the Hearts player (Juanjo?) challenged him from an offside position, thus it should have been a foul to us. Kujabi fouled him in return, hence the card.

You're about 10 years our with juanjo mate think it was suso. I can imagine you have tried to wipe your memory of that day though

CropleyWasGod
12-11-2017, 07:09 PM
You're about 10 years our with juanjo mate think it was suso. I can imagine you have tried to wipe your memory of that day thoughYeah you're right.

So.many overpaid Spaniards [emoji16]

Eyrie
12-11-2017, 07:26 PM
First yellow was a disgrace though that day. Skacel had just got away without one for a worse challenge on Stevenson.

Not to mention Black's forearm smash on Griffiths that was never a card to Thomson.

Firestarter
12-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Not to mention Black's forearm smash on Griffiths that was never a card to Thomson.

That was the worst of the lot. They pricks know it too.

ValleyHibee
13-11-2017, 11:41 PM
Didn't take to him initially but second season very impressive,strolled through games which is the sign of a good player,very fit and always going strong till the end of a game

J-C
14-11-2017, 07:40 AM
Loved Claros and would be a regular even now, clever defensively, never needed to put in huge tackles, just knew when to put his boot in and take away the ball. First 6 months was hard for him, missing his wife and also missed the birth of his child, when they both came over you seen the quality in his play, only thing he lacked was pace.

heidtheba
14-11-2017, 08:21 AM

If ever a reply owned an argument, that's the one! Brilliant answer!

LaMotta
14-11-2017, 08:40 AM

Should have been a red, but Thomson didnt even produce a Yellow. Thomson then winked to Romanov, and picked up his Brown envelope a couple of days later.