PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian FC's response to SFA rejection of an Independent Review....HSA meeting...

GORDONSMITH7
10-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Rod Petrie, Leann Dempster, Stephen Dunn, Fans Reps Frank and Tracey will be in attendance to answer your points

In September I wrote......

Many Hibs fans have been dismayed by the position taken by the Hibernian FC's decision to accept the decision by the SFA to reject the request by the 42 Club SPFL to have an Independent Review into the handling of non payment of taxes by clubs in the aftermath of the recent binding Supreme Court judgment against Rangers' liquidators BDO. Regan of the SFA said... “However, the image of the game in Scotland can only be damaged further by ‘raking over the coals’ of everything that has happened in the last six years for a further lengthy period of time.''

Your Branch Committee totally reject this assertion and would like your opinions. We would like to hear you opinions before any representation is made to Hibernian FC and the Hibernian Supporters Association.

As promised we then held a full consultation with 550 St Pat's Branch members putting our Committee's position up for discussion. I received over 130 written replies, some of which were fed back to the membership.

With a mandate I then took the right route and brought this up at the October Delegates meeting of the Hibernian Supporters Association. It would be fair to say that several of the Delegates of other Branches felt similarly and there was a consensus/unease at the voting of the Fans reps and lack of active participation with fans by them on this subject.

The Officials of the HSA have listened to the Branches and organised this meeting next Thursday at 7.00 in the Hibernian Supporters Association Club . It therefore follows that Hibernian have listened to the genuine concerns of HSA members and Hibs fans in general. This is an open meeting to all Hibs supporters and I would urge you all to use this opportunity.

BIG G

Secretary St. Patrick's Branch

HappyAsHellas
10-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Is it open to non members?

GORDONSMITH7
10-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Is it open to non members?

Yes, the more the merrier. There was fairly active feelings expressed about this on both main Fans websites at the time and this opportunity to have your say and hear what Hibs and our reps have to say on the matter should be grasped by both hands in my opinion. Fair play to the HSA and Hibs.

BIG G

Ozyhibby
10-11-2017, 12:54 PM
Massive well done. I’ll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
10-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Well done on arranging the meeting. Is it not a bit late though or is there time to change our mind.

GORDONSMITH7
10-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Well done on arranging the meeting. Is it not a bit late though or is there time to change our mind.

I guess that very much depends on the strength of feeling of fans and reasoned argument by us to demonstrate the folly of the statement and the rejection of the SPFL proposal out of hand by Regan, and how the decision was taken by the Board unanimously . I have to say that I personally am concerned about the governance/knowledge of SFA under Ogilvie, Smith and Regan during the period of the bent activities of deid Rangers.

BIG G

Keith_M
10-11-2017, 01:28 PM
I won't be able to attend, but well done on the work you guys have put in to have this issue discussed.

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Well done Gordon, great work. :top marks

I hope you are getting better. :thumbsup:

GORDONSMITH7
10-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Well done Gordon, great work. :top marks

I hope you are getting better. :thumbsup:

Thanks amigo. I told the top guy that the best medicine for Hibby stroke sufferers is seeing the Cabbage popping the goals in amd I asked him to work his magic as I had missed two Hibs games for the first time in over 50 years and had to get to the Holy Ground on Saturday.He did and I did.

A female Consultant Neurologist asked if I could be a living guinea pig for three Fourth Year Neurology students. Of course I agreed and answered their questions.
Before they left the Prof asked if l had a question for them . My left hand has lost some feeling so I asked them if after physio I would be able to play the piano. They all said yes,persevere and defiantly yes. I said well that's a ****ing miracle as I couldnae play the piano before the stroke. I thought the Prof was going to piss herself laughing.

BIG G

**** the Hearts

Ronniekirk
10-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Might pop through from Paisley for this Its not going to change anything and am sure they would be happy with a poor turnout so they can put this to bed ,but like a lot of fans i still think we are bending over backwards to placate them and let them off the hook

lord bunberry
10-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Thanks amigo. I told the top guy that the best medicine for Hibby stroke sufferers is seeing the Cabbage popping the goals in amd I asked him to work his magic as I had missed two Hibs games for the first time in over 50 years and had to get to the Holy Ground on Saturday.He did and I did.

A female Consultant Neurologist asked if I could be a living guinea pig for three Fourth Year Neurology students. Of course I agreed and answered their questions.
Before they left the Prof asked if l had a question for them . My left hand has lost some feeling so I asked them if after physio I would be able to play the piano. They all said yes,persevere and defiantly yes. I said well that's a ****ing miracle as I couldnae play the piano before the stroke. I thought the Prof was going to piss herself laughing.

BIG G

**** the Hearts
:faf::faf::faf:
Brilliant.

I'm_cabbaged
10-11-2017, 05:50 PM

BIG G

**** the Hearts

😂😂😂😂😂

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2017, 05:50 PM

BIG G

**** the Hearts

:hilarious

Good to hear you're on the mend; make sure you take things easy. I'm certainly going to try to get along. Great work by the HSA.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2017, 06:13 PM

BIG G

**** the Hearts

Good man.:greengrin

One Day Soon
10-11-2017, 06:19 PM

BIG G

**** the Hearts

That's outstanding. Stick in and hope you make a full recovery soon.

Bostonhibby
10-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Respect for sticking to it just now Amigo.

You can't keep a good man down for too long[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

lucky
10-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Glad this is taking place as those who feel strongly will attend and vent their anger and then we can all move on

TheHibsClub
11-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Hi all

Apologies, but we are having to make the Q&A members only on Thursday 16th. We'll post a report of the discussion on our website. We will have council members on the door so please do bring your membership card if you are planning to attend.

Thanks

Ronniekirk
11-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Hi all

Apologies, but we are having to make the Q&A members only on Thursday 16th. We'll post a report of the discussion on our website. We will have council members on the door so please do bring your membership card if you are planning to attend.

Thanks

Oh well i wont be going then

Ozyhibby
11-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Hi all

Thanks

Disappointing. Ah well, I’ll look forward to the update on here.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Hi all

Thanks

Will there really be that many people there that it needs to be members only?

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Will there really be that many people there that it needs to be members only?

It was organised by HSA, makes sense to be a members only night

johnbc70
11-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Hi all

Thanks

Can someone Facebook live it or put it on Periscope?

Nakedmanoncrack
11-11-2017, 09:27 PM
It was organised by HSA, makes sense to be a members only night

I'm a member myself, and I can see that point, but I think making this accessible to the largest number of supporters makes sense when there are unlikely to be capacity issues.

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2017, 09:34 PM
I'm a member myself, and I can see that point, but I think making this accessible to the largest number of supporters makes sense when there are unlikely to be capacity issues.

You going?

ronaldo7
11-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Can someone Facebook live it or put it on Periscope?

I'm not sure the club(both of them) would like this to be posted live.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-11-2017, 09:57 PM
You going?

Unfortunately got another meeting same night, same time - I'm chairing it so can't really get out of it. With hindsight would have arranged it for another night, but only heard about this meeting yesterday.

GORDONSMITH7
11-11-2017, 11:54 PM

Absolutely spot on in my opinion.

My assertion that it was to be an open meeting was not sucked out of my thumb but based on this from an HSA official......

Gordon tried phoning you back no reply we are going to make the meeting on the 16th an open meeting.

Following representation and discussion between Hibs and HSA officials the above statement was made by the HSA.....

BIG G

surreyhibbie
12-11-2017, 12:30 AM

BIG G

**** the Hearts

I tried the same thing when I had a shoulder op but it was a military hospital and they had heard it before...

Reply was only if you could play before... Still, it gave the wee nurses a smile...😀

hibbydad
12-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Absolutely spot on in my opinion.

My assertion that it was to be an open meeting was not sucked out of my thumb but based on this from an HSA official......

Gordon tried phoning you back no reply we are going to make the meeting on the 16th an open meeting.

Following representation and discussion between Hibs and HSA officials the above statement was made by the HSA.....

BIG G

Gordon I have read what you are saying but feel that if this were to be an open meeting it would have to be staged in much larger premises than Sunnyside as this is such an emotive issue. To be honest much as I despise the cheating of the huns and to a lesser extent that lot across the city I really believe we should be concentrating on Hibs mainly as there is so much good about our club at the moment. I hope you are feeling better and well on the way to recovery.

matty_f
12-11-2017, 02:19 PM

BIG G

**** the Hearts
:greengrin

Hope you have a swift and full recovery, Gordon.

Ozyhibby
12-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Gordon I have read what you are saying but feel that if this were to be an open meeting it would have to be staged in much larger premises than Sunnyside as this is such an emotive issue. To be honest much as I despise the cheating of the huns and to a lesser extent that lot across the city I really believe we should be concentrating on Hibs mainly as there is so much good about our club at the moment. I hope you are feeling better and well on the way to recovery.

What you are really saying there is you don’t think there should be a meeting at all.
I’m pretty sure Sunnyside can cope with the amount of people but I agree it’s HSA’s call. Hopefully it’s open to all.

GORDONSMITH7
12-11-2017, 02:59 PM
What you are really saying there is you don’t think there should be a meeting at all.
I’m pretty sure Sunnyside can cope with the amount of people but I agree it’s HSA’s call. Hopefully it’s open to all.

The Hall, the Famous 5 holds 220- 240,room for people is not an issue.I personnally feel like a real tit having agreed to give this event full publicity for the HSA to ensure a good turn out based on information provided by the HSA to me. However as I enter 55 years or so following Hibs with all the ups and downs that has entailed absolutely **** all surprises me.

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7
12-11-2017, 03:03 PM
:greengrin

Hope you have a swift and full recovery, Gordon.

Thanks Matty.

BIG G

Thecat23
12-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Good to hear you are on the mend G. All the best 👍🏼

hibbydad
12-11-2017, 03:23 PM

I do think there should be a meeting Ozy because it would be interesting to know the board's rationale behind their decison. I think there would be a lot more people come than you think Gordon afterall look how it's members only on match days because of the concern about numbers I would also suggest that you inform the HSA council who told you that as they have hung you out to dry. My concern remains that this issue could deflect from all the good that is happening at ER these days. In saying that I totally deplore the cheating that went on with the huns and mni-huns

Ozyhibby
12-11-2017, 04:48 PM
I do think there should be a meeting Ozy because it would be interesting to know the board's rationale behind their decison. I think there would be a lot more people come than you think Gordon afterall look how it's members only on match days because of the concern about numbers I would also suggest that you inform the HSA council who told you that as they have hung you out to dry. My concern remains that this issue could deflect from all the good that is happening at ER these days. In saying that I totally deplore the cheating that went on with the huns and mni-huns

I think you are over estimating how many will turn up for this.
I also don’t see it in any way detracting from the good stuff (and there is lots of it just now) that is happening at the club. Most people can separate the two.

marinello59
12-11-2017, 04:51 PM
The Hall, the Famous 5 holds 220- 240,room for people is not an issue.I personnally feel like a real tit having agreed to give this event full publicity for the HSA to ensure a good turn out based on information provided by the HSA to me. However as I enter 55 years or so following Hibs with all the ups and downs that has entailed absolutely **** all surprises me.

BIG G

You really shouldn't. You've pushed something forward that a lot of Hibs fans wanted action on so thanks for that. Hopefully there is a decent exchange of views between the club and the fans on the night.

Ozyhibby
12-11-2017, 04:51 PM

BIG G

There is no way 200 people will show up for this. Maybe 30 tops.
Glad to hear you are on the mend Gordon.

Pretty Boy
12-11-2017, 05:22 PM

BIG G

I don't see that you have any reason to feel like a tit if the plans were changed after you had agreed them. It's excellent work to get the club to agree to talk about this and I'm sure everything that is said will be public knowledge very quickly.

As other have said it's good to hear you are on the mend.

GORDONSMITH7
12-11-2017, 05:46 PM
You really shouldn't. You've pushed something forward that a lot of Hibs fans wanted action on so thanks for that. Hopefully there is a decent exchange of views between the club and the fans on the night.

Thanks amigo. I will not shy away from inviting contributers from St. Patrick's Branch nor the two Hibs fans website to get involved, wherever I can mate.Always have done, no gonnae stop now. I have always done that regarding our Branch meetings where we try to have a Q + A with the likes of Jimmy O, St Patrick, John Brownlie,John Blackley, Ralph and Jackie M, the 25th Skol Cup Event , the 140th Anniversary of Hibs event or the wonderful dedication of the headstone for Dan McMichael who had laid in a paupers grave or the plaque erected in St Patrick's Church which for the first time ever laying out our roots to that Parish and recently. Darren McGregor and Danny Swanson.

We will continue to be open to punters though Branch business , membership, Branch finance is closed and we suspend standing orders before the Q and A.

This may not be the norm for branches of the HSA however as 99% of branches do not meet and attendances are grim, I take no lectures from others including the high heid yins in the HSA. I will continue to encourage welcomeness, all inclusivenes to all Hibs fans.

GGTTH

BIG G

hibbydad
12-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Thanks amigo. I will not shy away from inviting contributers from St. Patrick's Branch nor the two Hibs fans website to get involved, wherever I can mate.Always have done, no gonnae stop now. I have always done that regarding our Branch meetings where we try to have a Q + A with the likes of Jimmy O, St Patrick, John Brownlie,John Blackley, Ralph and Jackie M, the 25th Skol Cup Event , the 140th Anniversary of Hibs event or the wonderful dedication of the headstone for Dan McMichael who had laid in a paupers grave or the plaque erected in St Patrick's Church which for the first time ever laying out our roots to that Parish and recently. Darren McGregor and Danny Swanson.

We will continue to be open to punters though Branch business , membership, Branch finance is closed and we suspend standing orders before the Q and A.

This may not be the norm for branches of the HSA however as 99% of branches do not meet and attendances are grim, I take no lectures from others including the high heid yins in the HSA. I will continue to encourage welcomeness, all inclusivenes to all Hibs fans.

GGTTH

BIG G
I agree that you should encourage welcomeness Gordon as a St Pats member I feel exactly the same way. I do believe there would be a lot more people turn up than what your are thinking because of the strength of feeling on this subject rightly so I may add. I do believe you should take it up with the HSA because you appear to have been put in a very embarrassing position by someone which isn't fair. I for one will be there on thursday and I believe many others will too. Long may St Pats continue to be the active branch that they .

GORDONSMITH7
12-11-2017, 08:00 PM
I agree that you should encourage welcomeness Gordon as a St Pats member I feel exactly the same way. I do believe there would be a lot more people turn up than what your are thinking because of the strength of feeling on this subject rightly so I may add. I do believe you should take it up with the HSA because you appear to have been put in a very embarrassing position by someone which isn't fair. I for one will be there on thursday and I believe many others will too. Long may St Pats continue to be the active branch that they .

Thanks amigo. See you there mate.

BIG G

Nakedmanoncrack
12-11-2017, 08:44 PM
No chance of 200+ members turning out on a Thu night, disappointing that others have been excluded.

Winston Ingram
13-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Fantastic that this is happening. I'll be there. The board were bang out of order with that statement.

Firestarter
13-11-2017, 09:02 AM

BIG G

**** the Hearts

😂👍😂😂😂😂

ian cruise
13-11-2017, 09:23 AM
I'd guess that part of the reason for it being members only is that members will be slightly more accountable for their actions. It's a highly charged issue and if anyone is allowed in you could have any wack job turning up and making what should be a reasonable discussion between fans and the board turn in to a pointless shouting match.

There's also the risk non Hibs fans turning up purely to use such an event to cause trouble. It's a shame that is the world we live in but I can see the rationale behind making it members only.

hibbydad
13-11-2017, 09:35 AM
You are so right Ian

Ozyhibby
13-11-2017, 10:03 AM
I'd guess that part of the reason for it being members only is that members will be slightly more accountable for their actions. It's a highly charged issue and if anyone is allowed in you could have any wack job turning up and making what should be a reasonable discussion between fans and the board turn in to a pointless shouting match.

There's also the risk non Hibs fans turning up purely to use such an event to cause trouble. It's a shame that is the world we live in but I can see the rationale behind making it members only.

I could bring my season ticket to prove I’m a Hibby and my release documents from broadmoor to prove I’m no longer a wack job.[emoji23]
Joking aside, I think you are over estimating how many people will be there and how highly charged it will be.

Stonewall
13-11-2017, 10:09 AM

I agree Ian - says a lot for the board that they are prepared to discuss the issue with the support.

The fact that it is members only shouldn't mean that the relevant points can't be put across to the board and it might even help by keeping the discussion focused and concentrated rather than being diluted by loads of people wanting their say in a large meeting.

Ronniekirk
13-11-2017, 01:19 PM

Just show your season ticket would easily get round that

monktonharp
14-11-2017, 12:16 AM
there are a lot of realy good things happening at our club (HFC) at the moment, I agree. But, many fans still feel strongly enough to ask for more clarity and also to ask relevant questions to the Hibernian board of this particular issue. I was totally dumfounded that a unanimous decision was announced by the board, to just move on!! what input or vote did our reps have? what sort of discussion was taken or made? what sort of reservations on the SFA decisions were given, etc etc. not happy in any way.

JeMeSouviens
15-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Well done Big G for pursuing this (and glad to hear you’re on the mend).

Hoping that someone can ask the following question for me (non-member):

The SFA/SPFL and now Hibs are happy to hide behind legal advice that LNS commission findings can’t be revisited and no further punishment can be imposed on the new Rangers even though the sporting advantage the old Rangers gained by avoiding tax using EBTs has now been confirmed by the Supreme Court.

Do they have specific legal advice that the SPFL can’t declare its own competition null and void for the years Rangers cheated?

Sorry it’s a bit long winded.

ian cruise
15-11-2017, 11:05 PM
I could bring my season ticket to prove I’m a Hibby and my release documents from broadmoor to prove I’m no longer a wack job.[emoji23]
Joking aside, I think you are over estimating how many people will be there and how highly charged it will be.

Surely Petrie already has a photo of you at the door of every building he enters just in case you try get in???

I was just considering reasons why it might be members only, wasn't meaning to put it across as fact. I don't think it will be too busy and agree, season tickets being shown would gave been a good solution to allow more to attend. I still think it's a good thing that it is happening on the first place and hopefully suitable answers can be given, though I think it's a scenario where they won't be able to please everyone now regardless of what the board say.

Ozyhibby
16-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Surely Petrie already has a photo of you at the door of every building he enters just in case you try get in???

I was just considering reasons why it might be members only, wasn't meaning to put it across as fact. I don't think it will be too busy and agree, season tickets being shown would gave been a good solution to allow more to attend. I still think it's a good thing that it is happening on the first place and hopefully suitable answers can be given, though I think it's a scenario where they won't be able to please everyone now regardless of what the board say.

So long as Leeann Dempster is at Hibs I can just about live with Petrie still being there. [emoji3]
I’m glad there is going to be a meeting though and hopefully some proper answers will be forthcoming this time rather than the ‘we think everyone should just concentrate on Hibs’ nonsense.
The new club is currently being funded from offshore and running a massive deficit. This is money being used to disadvantage Hibs today. Money they are hoping will pip us to one of the Euro places this year. Money that might beat us in the Scottish Cup this year. Without full transparency of what happened previously we have no chance of fixing what’s going on now.

ian cruise
16-11-2017, 03:29 PM
So long as Leeann Dempster is at Hibs I can just about live with Petrie still being there. [emoji3]
I’m glad there is going to be a meeting though and hopefully some proper answers will be forthcoming this time rather than the ‘we think everyone should just concentrate on Hibs’ nonsense.
The new club is currently being funded from offshore and running a massive deficit. This is money being used to disadvantage Hibs today. Money they are hoping will pip us to one of the Euro places this year. Money that might beat us in the Scottish Cup this year. Without full transparency of what happened previously we have no chance of fixing what’s going on now.

I don't disagree with any of that. I think the meeting is not only useful, but required for some sections of the support to gain a feeling of trust back from the club the support.

Questions should be asked, not just by ourselves, about how the SPFL are monitoring the spending and running or Rangers to ensure they aren't falling in to old habits and spending more than they can afford to, I think we all know they are. I'd love ourselves to be at the forefront of pushing towards more transparent governance of our game. There are a few of the parts of the whole Rangers debacle I'd probably do sit on a different side of the fence to others but definitely not in a sense of letting them, or any other club, away with gross mismanagement at best, or blatant cheating to progress their cause to the detriment of ours.

I just hope the meeting is the worthwhile exercise it has the potential to be and we get some suitable answers because there are definitely questions needing answered about the stance we took and what information was available that led us to the decision.

matty_f
16-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Did anyone get along to this?

Newhaven
16-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Did anyone get along to this?

Update from tonight’s meeting. About 40 members from all the branches attended.

Hibs - one of the only clubs to speak out on the rangers case -did all they could on the subject from a footballing perspective to prosecute sevco. Leanne spoke well. Rod was rod but that fans reps were weak in my opinion and admitted they missed a trick not speaking to the branches in advance of the clubs statement.

Ozyhibby
16-11-2017, 11:23 PM
I believe Rod said that they decided to release the statement because of pressure the fans reps were under and they kept bringing it up at board meetings?
Frank then said the majority of fans were in favour of moving on?
Which one is it? Is someone telling porkies?
Can someone who was at the meeting confirm?

marinello59
16-11-2017, 11:39 PM
I believe Rod said that they decided to release the statement because of pressure the fans reps were under and they kept bringing it up at board meetings?

If there were only 40 members there tonight then he appears to be right.

matty_f
17-11-2017, 12:08 AM

I think the majority of the pressure to get a statement out came from you. :greengrin

leither17
17-11-2017, 12:10 AM
Not every Hibs fan is a member of a club though

The Modfather
17-11-2017, 12:37 AM
If there were only 40 members there tonight then he appears to be right.

It doesn’t sound like the turnout was surprising given it was members only, on a weeknight with only a weeks notice. I’m sure there would have been far more in attendance, myself included, if it was open to season ticket holders (for example) and scheduled the day of a Hibs game.

I’m not a member of any supporters clubs, and never have been. I’ll wait until more details of the meeting come out, but if i’m honest the cynic in me does wonder, whether accurate or not, how much of this is a calculated PR exercise by the club. Limiting it to members only, where the chances may be that it would be faces they are familiar seeing and who might not question as forceably as might happen if opened to the wider support. I may be wrong, and I don’t mean to question any of those that did give up their evening to attend.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 12:43 AM
I think the majority of the pressure to get a statement out came from you. :greengrin

Fair point. [emoji23]
Can anyone say if anything was said tonight regarding ffp going forward? Do Hibs have a position on this or are we going to just let it all happen again?
I’d be much more inclined to move on if I thought we had taken steps to prevent it happening again.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-11-2017, 01:12 AM
It doesn’t sound like the turnout was surprising given it was members only, on a weeknight with only a weeks notice. I’m sure there would have been far more in attendance, myself included, if it was open to season ticket holders (for example) and scheduled the day of a Hibs game.

I’m not a member of any supporters clubs, and never have been. I’ll wait until more details of the meeting come out, but if i’m honest the cynic in me does wonder, whether accurate or not, how much of this is a calculated PR exercise by the club. Limiting it to members only, where the chances may be that it would be faces they are familiar seeing and who might not question as forceably as might happen if opened to the wider support. I may be wrong, and I don’t mean to question any of those that did give up their evening to attend.

:agree:

Its a turnout in line with what I'd expect, and I think your cynicism is well warranted, the club are simply going through the motions here, clearing the decks to 'move on'.

BigKev
17-11-2017, 03:25 AM

Who did Frank speak to to get the impression the fans were happy to move on? I've not met a Hibs fan who was happy at the club's statement.

I must be mixing with the wrong crowd...

marinello59
17-11-2017, 05:25 AM

The club didn't limit this to members only. That was a decision taken by the HSA for reasons of their own. Even so the attendance is still disappointing given the efforts made to make this meeting happen.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 06:15 AM
The club didn't limit this to members only. That was a decision taken by the HSA for reasons of their own. Even so the attendance is still disappointing given the efforts made to make this meeting happen.

Considering most Hibs fans couldn’t get in, the attendance was pretty good.

marinello59
17-11-2017, 06:22 AM

If it was only 40 then that's just a bus load. How many members does the HSA have?

ajf
17-11-2017, 06:45 AM
If it was only 40 then that's just a bus load. How many members does the HSA have?

Don't know , but here's a season ticket holder who was looking forward to going until the hsa club denied me the right

Winston Ingram
17-11-2017, 06:53 AM

I went down and wasn’t allowed in.

linlithgowhibbie
17-11-2017, 06:59 AM
Don't know , but here's a season ticket holder who was looking forward to going until the hsa club denied me the right

Not sure it was your "Right". Any club can refuse entrance to non members for any reason. Just like a pub can refuse to serve you without having to give you a reason.
Unfortunately thats the law.

mcohibs
17-11-2017, 07:24 AM
Would be interested to hear the motive behind the HSA making this members only. Surely opening it up to the wider support would have been to their advantage. I'm a ST holder and was planning on attending before finding out it was members only.

green day
17-11-2017, 07:34 AM
Would be interested to hear the motive behind the HSA making this members only. Surely opening it up to the wider support would have been to their advantage. I'm a ST holder and was planning on attending before finding out it was members only.

Hibs club holds a couple of hundred, we have 13000 STs - although I appreciate all would not want to attend, it couldn't possibly be a free for all.

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2017, 07:47 AM

I hope people remember that when the next elections come along, that is just bull****.

Golden Bear
17-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Who did Frank speak to to get the impression the fans were happy to move on? I've not met a Hibs fan who was happy at the club's statement.

I must be mixing with the wrong crowd...

Conversely I've not met a single Hibs fan who doesn't want to move on. They tend to be like me , only interested in the fortunes and welfare of their own team.

marinello59
17-11-2017, 08:22 AM
The SFA will be loving this.
Our club has done nothing wrong.
The fans reps have done nothing wrong.
The HSA have done nothing wrong.
Rather than turning fire in on ourselves it should be directed at the guilty party, the SFA. Until fans of all clubs unite properly behind that and move on from merely whinging on the internet nothing will change.

lyonhibs
17-11-2017, 08:25 AM
Conversely I've not met a single Hibs fan who doesn't want to move on. They tend to be like me , only interested in the fortunes and welfare of their own team.

Correct :agree:

Killiehibbie
17-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Conversely I've not met a single Hibs fan who doesn't want to move on. They tend to be like me , only interested in the fortunes and welfare of their own team.If our teams plays in a rigged league is there any point?

CockneyRebel
17-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Rather than turning fire in on ourselves it should be directed at the guilty party, the SFA. Until fans of all clubs unite properly behind that and move on from merely whinging on the internet nothing will change.

The SFA are the original guilty party - the fans reps are the current guilty party along with the board, The reps come out of this as "yes men" to the board when they should be "yes men" to the majority view of the supporters. If we continue with fan reps then these two simply have to go.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 08:46 AM

The SFA is the clubs. If you want to change the SFA you have to change the outlook of your club.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 08:48 AM

Our fortunes are being hampered by other clubs being able to buy players they otherwise can’t afford using offshore money.

PatHead
17-11-2017, 08:49 AM

That is why I said the vote should have been split. I know there are fans who want to move on even though I don’t go to the matches with them.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2017, 08:55 AM
I hope people remember that when the next elections come along, that is just bull****.

Frank can't stand again anyway, so that will keep you happy I assume.....

BigKev
17-11-2017, 08:56 AM

Only being interested in your own team?

How about Rangers probably doing Hibs out of money by their cheating? Knocking us out of cups with players illegally registered? Taking our manager with promises of riches? Signing our players with increased sponsorship and prize money?

No? Let's just move on, it was all ok 😩

With fans meekly accepting Rangers and their tainted titles Scottish football will remain under the thumb of a clueless regime and the same thing will happen again.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Funny where we have had HSA putting out statements, to be met with "they don't speak for the support", they then hold a meeting for members, and non members complain about not gaining access.....Haha priceless:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2017, 08:58 AM

How about Rangers probably doing Hibs out of money by their cheating? Knocking us out of cups with players illegally registered? Taking our manager with promises of riches? Signing our players with increased sponsorship and prize money?

With fans meekly accepting Rangers and their tainted titles Scottish football will remain under the thumb of a clueless regime and the same thing will happen again.

So we keep hounding OUR Club??

Why not focus attention at the governing body.

Let's focus on the positive things Hibs are doing.....

CallumLaidlaw
17-11-2017, 08:59 AM

Agreed, my group of around 10 were all quite happy with the statement and the intention of moving on.

In fact the general feeling around the meeting last night was "really?!?!?" And if only 40 showed up, that seems to be the general feeling.

People are saying that there's no way the general feeling that Frank got was that most people wanted to move on....well, a question.... did anyone actually go and find Frank to tell him they weren't happy? I've not seen anyone say they have.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2017, 08:59 AM

:top marks

oneone73
17-11-2017, 09:01 AM
So we keep hounding OUR Club??

Why not focus attention at the governing body.

Let's focus on the positive things Hibs are doing.....

As said above, the clubs are the governing body. And our chairman is one of its key henchmen.

Pretty Boy
17-11-2017, 09:01 AM

It's the downside to social media and forums, people believe topics which are hotly debated online are also a huge deal to people in the street. It was the same when the whole loyalty points thing kicked off, I barely remember a single conversation I had about it in the 'real world' yet if you believed on here and Twitter everyone in Edinburgh was talking about nothing else.

I've certainly heard the Rangers situation mentioned in the pub or whatever but it tends to be a fleeting mention of 'cheating *******s' and that's it. I certainly can't recall anyone going into as much depth and detail as I've read on here and elsewhere online.

CallumLaidlaw
17-11-2017, 09:02 AM

Do we think if Rangers were stripped of titles, we would see any financial recompense? Very unlikely.

Do we think that if Rangers hadn't been using the EBT scheme they wouldn't have been able to take McLeish, Thomson or Whittaker from us? Even less likely. Rangers would still have been comfortably the 2nd biggest club in Scotland.

Pretty Boy
17-11-2017, 09:03 AM

Spot on.

oneone73
17-11-2017, 09:05 AM
It's the downside to social media and forums, people believe topics which are hotly debated online are also a huge deal to people in the street. It was the same when the whole loyalty points thing kicked off, I barely remember a single conversation I had about it in the 'real world' yet if you believed on here and Twitter everyone in Edinburgh was talking about nothing else.

I've certainly heard the Rangers situation mentioned in the pub or whatever but it tends to be a fleeting mention of 'cheating *******s' and that's it. I certainly can't recall anyone going into as much depth and detail as I've read on here and elsewhere online.
Our group of four, who have twice now missed out on Tynie tickets through not being able to queue or hog computers while working, are pretty angry at the loyalty points fiasco. There's plenty like us I'm sure.

green day
17-11-2017, 09:06 AM
The SFA are the original guilty party - the fans reps are the current guilty party along with the board, The reps come out of this as "yes men" to the board when they should be "yes men" to the majority view of the supporters. If we continue with fan reps then these two simply have to go.

I disagree - reps should be "yes men" to nobody but should be there to reflect the views of fans within the main board.

The reps have previously said that the only reason a statement was produced by Hibs (how many other clubs have done one, very few) is that they fed back the feeling of some of the fans - which is their role.

However, they are also board members and as such will be party to decisions which cant be run by the entire support. So then their role is to do what they think is best with the information available to them - they cant run the club by referendum.

We asked for representation on the board - we got it

If you think they are unworthy of your vote, then get rid of them next time.

Perhaps one of the more vocal critics on here or the bounce that seem happy to give out stick but do nothing tangible about it can stand next time - if the support for this is so great then there should be no problem in voting them in?

Pretty Boy
17-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Our group of four, who have twice now missed out on Tynie tickets through not being able to queue or hog computers while working, are pretty angry at the loyalty points fiasco. There's plenty like us I'm sure.

It annoys me to an extent as I was in the top bracket. If I ranted in the pub, at a game or wherever about that, or anything, the same way as happens online from time to time then I'd find myself pretty lonely pretty quickly though.

The point I am making is annoyances and other issues tend to be magnified when they are aired on an online platform as there is a delay in the ability to challenge them. I find the loyalty points system irritating, the Rangers scenario annoys me but it's not so all consuming that I discuss it in real life the way I do online.

The Modfather
17-11-2017, 09:18 AM
As said above, the clubs are the governing body. And our chairman is one of its key henchmen.

Absolutely. We have one of our own in the upper echelons at the SFA, with all of the supposed benefits that brings us. At a time when the recent poll shows the vast majority have no faith in those running the game or their governance. This whole sorry affair does nothing to change that perception IMO.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/41904600

“Both organisations also rated poorly for levels of "openness, honesty and trust" and "good governance and transparency". That sums up my feelings on all of this, of which Hibs appear to be as complicit as everyone else. Lots of good work done by Hibs recently, but a definite sour taste left on this front.

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 09:22 AM
It annoys me to an extent as I was in the top bracket. If I ranted in the pub, at a game or wherever about that, or anything, the same way as happens online from time to time then I'd find myself pretty lonely pretty quickly though.

The point I am making is annoyances and other issues tend to be magnified when they are aired on an online platform as there is a delay in the ability to challenge them. I find the loyalty points system irritating, the Rangers scenario annoys me but it'snot all consuming that I discuss it in real life the way I do online.

It's the vocal minorities that make themselves heard loudest and they tend to have strong feelings either way. For the rest it's a case of it doesn't affect me so why should I bother.

Ronniekirk
17-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Hibs club holds a couple of hundred, we have 13000 STs - although I appreciate all would not want to attend, it couldn't possibly be a free for all.

Folk like me who wanted to come Could of put name on a list and it could of been closed at point capacity was reached and you show your season ticket to get in and get ticked off Alphabetical list
It still may not have attracted a full house , but if it didn't no one could of moaned they weren't at least given an opportunity to attend
If there was more demand switch venue to Easter Rd
I am afraid its clear this was a P R exercise so they could say dine it now lets move on
But it just leaves folk like me more frustrated

Mikey
17-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Can anyone actually give us an account of what happened last night? Until then we're just going round in the same circles.

HFCdeb
17-11-2017, 09:37 AM
So does anyone actually have any minutes of the meeting to share? I was very disappointed with the statement Hibs released and I'd like to know more about the stance they took and why.
Thanks in advance.

invisible man
17-11-2017, 09:40 AM

The Hibs board asked that the HSA make it a members only event.

HFCdeb
17-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Folk like me who wanted to come Could of put name on a list and it could of been closed at point capacity was reached and you show your season ticket to get in and get ticked off Alphabetical list
It still may not have attracted a full house , but if it didn't no one could of moaned they weren't at least given an opportunity to attend
If there was more demand switch venue to Easter Rd
I am afraid its clear this was a P R exercise so they could say dine it now lets move on
But it just leaves folk like me more frustrated

Yeah I'd have gone down the route of taking ST holder names at random from the database and sent invites. If there wasn't enough responses I'd have just randomised it again until there was a decent number of confirmed attendees.
Not every Hibs supporter is a member of supporter clubs.

CallumLaidlaw
17-11-2017, 09:47 AM
This is from a FB page called inside Easter Road -

***Feedback On Hibernian FC's Response To SFA Rejection Of An Independent Review Meeting Tonight At HSA.***

Board member's in attendance at top table:
Rod Petrie Chairman
Leeann Dempster CEO
Stephen Dunn Director
Frank Dougan Fans Representative Director
Tracey Smith Fans Representative Director

Lurking in the background nodding as they spoke PR guy:
David Forsyth

Meeting lasted exactly an hour. Around 80 folk in attendance. Meeting was conducted respectfully and friendly. As many pointed out we are one big Hibernian family and at times we will agree to disagree.

I didn't take any notes but random points to note were as follows:

The club are obviously frustrated by all of it and want to move on looking forward, with a firm belief that the past has been dealt with, but Leeann and Rod understand and respect the ongoing disappointment within sections of the support.

Leeann and Rod spoke very well, going in depth and in detail, about how the game of football and it's respective authorities here in Scotland did all that it could to punish Rangers and ensure the new Co picked up the baton of old Co financial liabilities.

The club put out its statement because of the pressure applied to the club to do so by us fans. At two or three board meetings the fans representation of Frank & Tracey pushed for that.

Tracey said that she heard lots of different opinions with many wanting to 'move on'. Frank then said that he's spoken to many many fans and that the majority he has spoken to wanted to 'move on'.

An excellent question from the floor was put to the fans representation that if as Tracey Smith posted on Hibeesbounce.com that in board meetings she had learned "Information that was not widely known" and that was information she couldn't share then perhaps she should have not participated in the board meeting and adopted a position of neutrality. Tracey stated that even as a non executive director she is legally obligated to act in what she perceives as the greater good of the club.

Rod at this point put up a bit of a defence of the fans representatives and their obligations etc as non executive directors. When deciding on introducing fans representation on the board the clubs board had a decision to make. Should these fans representation directors only be privy to some meetings and votes or should they be full directors like the rest of the board? The club decided that they should be full directors like the rest.

To be honest I didn't learn much tonight. I thought Leeann came across well. Our club is pushing for consensus in the Scottish game to get financial fair play in Scotland. I also thought Rod came across well. Nobody really asked him any difficult questions. Perhaps the night might have been more challenging for him had the recently launched online petition questions been asked....

Stephen Dunn didn't speak a word. Tracey spoke OK and I got the impression it concluded much to her relief on what mustn't have been an evening she looked forward with much relish. Credit though to her for not shying from the microphone. Frank saying most he's spoken to want to 'move on' surprised me. He said he was sorry if that isn't what we want to hear but that's the way it is. He bemoaned the fact that only 9 turned up for a fans director open surgery. I find it unbelievable really that this guy, however much a huge Hibby, was elected a fans representative on the board in the world of 2017 of digital communications.

Now home I'm just pondering and a little confused, that if the club only put out its statement because us fans demanded it, through our elected fans representation on the board, then that's a weird and baffling demand when we all just wanted to 'move on'....

#GGTTH

Mikey
17-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Leeann and Rod spoke very well, going in depth and in detail.....

Hopefully someone can fill us in on that bit, although being an HSA event I suspect it'll go through the branches before anything is said.

In the meantime the rest of us get hearsay and gossip and we just continue to go :dizzy:

MrSmith
17-11-2017, 09:55 AM
I think some make the mistake that this is still about rangers! This is about the SFA/SPFL and the complicit nature in which they allowed rangers to cheat. Alex Thomson put it perfectly, all the teams in Scotland need to walk away from the SFA and start again. For me, I haven't returned to Easter road even for the great things that have been done, it has been ruined by our board hiding behind falsity spurred on by being complicit in fraud. And to add, I have a rather large group of friends who like me, have been hibees for over 40+ years and are totally disgusted by the statement provided by the board. The common pub comment is "nobody ever asked me my view about it"

Winston Ingram
17-11-2017, 10:09 AM

***Feedback On Hibernian FC's Response To SFA Rejection Of An Independent Review Meeting Tonight At HSA.***

Rod Petrie Chairman
Leeann Dempster CEO
Stephen Dunn Director

David Forsyth

Meeting lasted exactly an hour. Around 80 folk in attendance. Meeting was conducted respectfully and friendly. As many pointed out we are one big Hibernian family and at times we will agree to disagree.

The club are obviously frustrated by all of it and want to move on looking forward, with a firm belief that the past has been dealt with, but Leeann and Rod understand and respect the ongoing disappointment within sections of the support.

Leeann and Rod spoke very well, going in depth and in detail, about how the game of football and it's respective authorities here in Scotland did all that it could to punish Rangers and ensure the new Co picked up the baton of old Co financial liabilities.

The club put out its statement because of the pressure applied to the club to do so by us fans. At two or three board meetings the fans representation of Frank & Tracey pushed for that.

Tracey said that she heard lots of different opinions with many wanting to 'move on'. Frank then said that he's spoken to many many fans and that the majority he has spoken to wanted to 'move on'.

An excellent question from the floor was put to the fans representation that if as Tracey Smith posted on Hibeesbounce.com that in board meetings she had learned "Information that was not widely known" and that was information she couldn't share then perhaps she should have not participated in the board meeting and adopted a position of neutrality. Tracey stated that even as a non executive director she is legally obligated to act in what she perceives as the greater good of the club.

Rod at this point put up a bit of a defence of the fans representatives and their obligations etc as non executive directors. When deciding on introducing fans representation on the board the clubs board had a decision to make. Should these fans representation directors only be privy to some meetings and votes or should they be full directors like the rest of the board? The club decided that they should be full directors like the rest.

To be honest I didn't learn much tonight. I thought Leeann came across well. Our club is pushing for consensus in the Scottish game to get financial fair play in Scotland. I also thought Rod came across well. Nobody really asked him any difficult questions. Perhaps the night might have been more challenging for him had the recently launched online petition questions been asked....

Stephen Dunn didn't speak a word. Tracey spoke OK and I got the impression it concluded much to her relief on what mustn't have been an evening she looked forward with much relish. Credit though to her for not shying from the microphone. Frank saying most he's spoken to want to 'move on' surprised me. He said he was sorry if that isn't what we want to hear but that's the way it is. He bemoaned the fact that only 9 turned up for a fans director open surgery. I find it unbelievable really that this guy, however much a huge Hibby, was elected a fans representative on the board in the world of 2017 of digital communications.

Now home I'm just pondering and a little confused, that if the club only put out its statement because us fans demanded it, through our elected fans representation on the board, then that's a weird and baffling demand when we all just wanted to 'move on'....

#GGTTH

I have to say the Supporters representatives have really let the club down on this. To do so little to canvas opinion and then claim to understand the fans feelings on this is amateur and embarrasing. If they felt they were unsure of opinion, why not canvas opinion on here? Dead easy to do a poll. It's comfortably the biggest communications hub for supporters and has been pretty much since it opened.

It doesn't take much reading on this on the forum, to work out that the majority of fans are not happy with this stance.

I'll certainly not be voting for them next time round.

HFCdeb
17-11-2017, 10:12 AM

Rod Petrie Chairman
Leeann Dempster CEO
Stephen Dunn Director

David Forsyth

#GGTTH

Thanks for this. Shame we're none the wiser, though.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2017, 10:17 AM

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2017, 10:20 AM
I have to say the Supporters representatives have really let the club down on this. To do so little to canvas opinion and then claim to understand the fans feelings on this is amateur and embarrasing. If they felt they were unsure of opinion, why not canvas opinion on here? Dead easy to do a poll. It's comfortably the biggest communications hub for supporters and has been pretty much since it opened.

It doesn't take much reading on this on the forum, to work out that the majority of fans are not happy with this stance.

I'll certainly not be voting for them next time round.

Maybe the Club should have canvassed every ST holder, but apart from that, they got their thinking and rational, behind their decision spot on IMO, there was much more to it than people assume

dangermouse
17-11-2017, 10:24 AM

Huge mistake to get rid of the loyalty points system and I like you and your friends have suffered because of it. We should campaign to get it back.

BSEJVT
17-11-2017, 10:32 AM

100%

Hibeewilly
17-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Huge mistake to get rid of the loyalty points system and I like you and your friends have suffered because of it. We should campaign to get it back.
Count me in. It was scandalous scrapping the loyalty points system

green day
17-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Count me in. It was scandalous scrapping the loyalty points system

They still show on eticketing, so would net be a stretch to reinstate.

Do you remember what it was like though? Even if I thought it was good (and I had a big chunk of points) there will always be people who disliked it.

Kinda like the "hibs statement" issue really 😂😂

CockneyRebel
17-11-2017, 10:52 AM
I disagree - reps should be "yes men" to nobody but should be there to reflect the views of fans within the main board.

The reps have previously said that the only reason a statement was produced by Hibs (how many other clubs have done one, very few) is that they fed back the feeling of some of the fans - which is their role.

However, they are also board members and as such will be party to decisions which cant be run by the entire support. So then their role is to do what they think is best with the information available to them - they cant run the club by referendum.

We asked for representation on the board - we got it

If you think they are unworthy of your vote, then get rid of them next time.

Perhaps one of the more vocal critics on here or the bounce that seem happy to give out stick but do nothing tangible about it can stand next time - if the support for this is so great then there should be no problem in voting them in?

My opinion
They are our reps first and foremost and their only role is to represent the supporters views/feelings to the board and on a divided topic then the majority should win the day and the reps have to put that forward and should also vote that way when required. They are not there to go against the wishes of the majority of supporters regardless of whatever "secret information"they may be privy to. This correct action would not have changed the outcome of the vote but the vote would not then have been unanimous. They are not elected members of Parliament who get manipulated by their party machine, they have one mandate only which is to represent the views of the supporters and as I said earlier if there is dissension among the support on any subject matter then a vote/poll must take place and the majority would prevail.
If, as you think, they are morally/legally bound to support the board if they personally feel it is for the good of the club then they simply become traditional board members and could then no longer be described as representing the supporters. There will be much more posted on this topic come election time!

Peevemor
17-11-2017, 11:03 AM
My opinion
They are our reps first and foremost and their only role is to represent the supporters views/feelings to the board and on a divided topic then the majority should win the day and the reps have to put that forward and should also vote that way when required....

I don't disagree, but could they possibly know what the majority of fans think?

Iain G
17-11-2017, 11:05 AM

Do you remember what it was like though? Even if I thought it was good (and I had a big chunk of points) there will always be people who disliked it.

As summed up on this thread in general, most folks seem to not be happy unless they have something to whinge about :greengrin

You would think the club was in a bloody mess with an awful team playing eye bleeding football with a disastrous stadium redevelopment on their hands the way some folks moan....

I think the word supporter needs to be banished and something more accurate used...

CallumLaidlaw
17-11-2017, 11:27 AM
From their latest update -

Independent Review Statement

Some supporters were keen for the Club to make a statement following the ruling on the Rangers EBT Tax Case, so we raised this at the board meeting on 31st July.

A very full discussion took place. We did our best to reflect the views of supporters we had spoken to, and to reflect the views that we had seen on forums and elsewhere. It was clear that some supporters felt strongly about the issue. It was also clear that there were – and are – varying opinions about what any review might look at and what might be achieved.

In the end, the Board decided that it did not back the SPFL’s call for an independent review, to include the SFA. The Rangers EBT disciplinary process was led by the then SPL, which set up the Lord Nimmo Smith inquiry, with the SFA acting as the “court of appeal.” This was a unanimous view, and did not need a vote.

As supporter representatives, we can say that this was not an easy decision, knowing that some of our supporters held very strong views on this issue. As well as being Fans representatives we are also Non-Executive Directors for the club, and we have a legal responsibility to ensure that we act within the club’s best interests.

The Board believes a review would be unable to achieve anything of real value, as legal advice for both the SPFL and SFA has detailed, and would only divert energy and resources at a time when the Board is determined to continue to build a brighter future for your club and for the sport in general.

It’s not possible for us to consult with every supporter, but we understand supporters’ frustration. We will look at how we can consult better and more widely on major issues in future.

We would like to thank those supporters who have been in touch following the release of the statement and who have engaged in constructive communication. Some of you still feel exactly the same, and others appreciate the decision process and how we came to that decision.

We were both at the Hibs Club on Thursday night along with Leeann, Rod and Stephen Dunn from the Board to meet with supporters club members, and hopefully this may have helped answer some questions.

We won't lie. This has been an extremely difficult few weeks. Our communication has fallen below the standard you deserve and we will try to improve on that. We took on these roles to do our best to help the supporters and the Club, and we aren’t here just for the good times.

Many thanks,

Tracey and Frank

Hibeewilly
17-11-2017, 11:37 AM

I think the people who disliked it in the main were those who didn't have enough points to be guaranteed a ticket for Tynecastle Ibrox or Parkhead. Everybody I speak to say they didn't want it scrapped but then most of them had full points as they go to all the away games. There must be some who were opposed to it to have successfully lobbied Leanne Dempster into making the insane decision to scrap the scheme

Billy Whizz
17-11-2017, 11:41 AM

Go along to surgery tomorrow and raise. The more who raise it, the more impact it will have

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 11:51 AM
As summed up on this thread in general, most folks seem to not be happy unless they have something to whinge about :greengrin

You would think the club was in a bloody mess with an awful team playing eye bleeding football with a disastrous stadium redevelopment on their hands the way some folks moan....

I think the word supporter needs to be banished and something more accurate used...

I’ve been vocal on this subject since 2012 and since then Hibs have been in all sorts of trouble and the club has been disgracefully run and been relegated. During those times it was always ‘we should concentrate on making Hibs better’ or ‘this is a time for Hibs fans to be coming together’ rather than asking that the game as a whole be cleaned up. For some people it’s just never the right time.
This is a live issue right now. We are trying our hardest to gain a euro spot for next season and one of our biggest competitors for a spot is buying in players using offshore funds. This is focusing on Hibs.
If the club, as has been reported, are trying to build consensus for FFP then it’s time they came out publicly and said so. If it’s about moving on and focusing on the future then let’s hear what Hibs want that future to be.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2017, 11:52 AM
From their latest update -

Good statement:aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
17-11-2017, 12:03 PM

And his fingerprints are all over this, yet people want to protect him from proper scrutiny.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Question for Traceyhibs.
What are the clubs views on introducing Financial FairPlay Rules to Scottish Football?

GordonHFC
17-11-2017, 12:36 PM
My opinion
They are our reps first and foremost and their only role is to represent the supporters views/feelings to the board and on a divided topic then the majority should win the day and the reps have to put that forward and should also vote that way when required. They are not there to go against the wishes of the majority of supporters regardless of whatever "secret information"they may be privy to. This correct action would not have changed the outcome of the vote but the vote would not then have been unanimous. They are not elected members of Parliament who get manipulated by their party machine, they have one mandate only which is to represent the views of the supporters and as I said earlier if there is dissension among the support on any subject matter then a vote/poll must take place and the majority would prevail.
If, as you think, they are morally/legally bound to support the board if they personally feel it is for the good of the club then they simply become traditional board members and could then no longer be described as representing the supporters. There will be much more posted on this topic come election time!

givescotlandfreedom
17-11-2017, 12:39 PM

Yes there are. Four of us missed out then pit of desperation to get were fleeced in the 'corporate' offer for it. The bus didn't even take you back to ER.

mcohibs
17-11-2017, 01:32 PM

Why would a free for all be the only alternative? They could have had a limited number of spaces available that could be assigned on a first come first served basis to ST holders. Say your name and show your card on the door. IMO selling out the Hibs club would have strengthened the argument and possibly added to the level of questioning directed at the board.

green day
17-11-2017, 01:33 PM

Have a look at mine again - I didnt say they were morally or legally bound to support the board - I said they were part of the board, and that at times they need to do what they think is best.

I say again, if you or any of the others with strong views dont like what they are doing, its simply resolved - stand yourself using this issue, and if there is the right level of support then you will be elected.

Its piss easy to snipe from the woods.

green day
17-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Why would a free for all be the only alternative? They could have had a limited number of spaces available that could be assigned on a first come first served basis to ST holders. Say your name and show your card on the door. IMO selling out the Hibs club would have strengthened the argument and possibly added to the level of questioning directed at the board.

I didnt say it was the only alternative, I was responding to someone who asked why HSA made it members only.

WhileTheChief..
17-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Absolutely. We have one of our own in the upper echelons at the SFA, with all of the supposed benefits that brings us. At a time when the recent poll shows the vast majority have no faith in those running the game or their governance. This whole sorry affair does nothing to change that perception IMO.

“Both organisations also rated poorly for levels of "openness, honesty and trust" and "good governance and transparency". That sums up my feelings on all of this, of which Hibs appear to be as complicit as everyone else. Lots of good work done by Hibs recently, but a definite sour taste left on this front.

That survey could have been done at any time in the last 100 years and the response would be the same.

When does anybody ever praise a governing body of anything?!

mcohibs
17-11-2017, 01:44 PM
I didnt say it was the only alternative, I was responding to someone who asked why HSA made it members only.

Yes I asked why it was members only - your response to which was that due to the size of the HIbs club and the number of ST holders, they couldn't possibly have made it a free for all. They could however have allocated slots to a certain number of ST holders

hibbymac
17-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Question for Traceyhibs.
What are the clubs views on introducing Financial FairPlay Rules to Scottish Football?

"Our club is pushing for consensus in the Scottish game to get financial fair play in Scotland" .... Don't know if that answers your question but it is in post 104 on this thread.

Spike Mandela
17-11-2017, 02:10 PM
So did anyone at the meeting give a good reason why they rejected an independent review other than the mantra “ feeling it was time to move on”?

I see no good reason why anybody would reject this other than covering up misdeeds they know about or protecting other peoples action which may be uncomfortable viewing for some or because of some pressure from others.

As for Hibs pushing for FFP in Scotland I was astonished that this wasn’t already in place.

In a few years when perhaps Hibs fortunes are on the downturn again but Rangers have been restored to their happy duopoly in cahoots with the corrupt SFA riding roughshod over the rest of the league I doubt so many of our Hibs family will be happy we just ‘moved on’.

All that is required for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.

marinello59
17-11-2017, 02:30 PM
So did anyone at the meeting give a good reason why they rejected an independent review other than the mantra “ feeling it was time to move on”?

I see no good reason why anybody would reject this other than covering up misdeeds they know about or protecting other peoples action which may be uncomfortable viewing for some or because of some pressure from others.

As for Hibs pushing for FFP in Scotland I was astonished that this wasn’t already in place.

In a few years when perhaps Hibs fortunes are on the downturn again but Rangers have been restored to their happy duopoly in cahoots with the corrupt SFA riding roughshod over the rest of the league I doubt so many of our Hibs family will be happy we just ‘moved on’.

Legal advice?
If people are serious about taking this forward then thats where the starting point is, a group of fans of all clubs getting together and obtaining their own legal counsel. It's much easier to moan at our own club though rather than actually do something.

CockneyRebel
17-11-2017, 02:46 PM
I don't disagree, but could they possibly know what the majority of fans think?

If you read all of my post you will see that a poll/vote would be needed for contentious issues to determine the majority view. Maybe longwinded but democratic. If we don't do these things properly then there is no point to the position of supporters rep.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 02:51 PM
"Our club is pushing for consensus in the Scottish game to get financial fair play in Scotland" .... Don't know if that answers your question but it is in post 104 on this thread.

I had read that, which is why I asked. I’d like the club to put a bit more meat on the bones of that by saying what it is we are striving for and also I’d like us to say publicly what it is we want. That way we can see which clubs want to stand against Financial FairPlay.
I can get behind ‘moving on’ if I can see that it’s unlikely to happen again but the sad fact is that it is happening right now. There needs to be change and it needs to come from the clubs. I’d like to know what we are doing about it.

CockneyRebel
17-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Have a look at mine again - I didnt say they were morally or legally bound to support the board - I said they were part of the board, and that at times they need to do what they think is best.

I say again, if you or any of the others with strong views dont like what they are doing, its simply resolved - stand yourself using this issue, and if there is the right level of support then you will be elected.

That first bit is just so wrong. Their mandate is to offer our views to the board for the board's consideration. If there is a vote they vote for our view - simples. It may not make any difference to many votes as they are outnumbered, but they will have shown the board what the supporters think/want. In this instanceI feel the board were manipulative, stressing "it's best for the good of the club" angle which perhaps clouded the reps' judgement.

I'm 71 now and don't get about as well as I used to. No need for the second bit.

Spike Mandela
17-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Legal advice?
If people are serious about taking this forward then thats where the starting point is, a group of fans of all clubs getting together and obtaining their own legal counsel. It's much easier to moan at our own club though rather than actually do something.

Legal advice is merely an opinion which is financially rewarded by one side.

Another lawyer, judge or jury may of course have a different opinion.

green day
17-11-2017, 03:13 PM
[/B]

That first bit is just so wrong. Their mandate is to offer our views to the board for the board's consideration. If there is a vote they vote for our view - simples. It may not make any difference to many votes as they are outnumbered, but they will have shown the board what the supporters think/want. In this instanceI feel the board were manipulative, stressing "it's best for the good of the club" angle which perhaps clouded their judgement.

I'm 71 now and don't get about as well as I used to. No need for the second bit.

I think some people on here don't quite understand what it means for the fans reps to be part of the board.

The second part was a general observation that it's easy to criticise, more difficult to put your own head on the block.

Perhaps the fans rep experiment has run its course, you'd be mental to want this grief.

CockneyRebel
17-11-2017, 03:39 PM
I think some people on here don't quite understand what it means for the fans reps to be part of the board.

The second part was a general observation that it's easy to criticise, more difficult to put your own head on the block.

Perhaps the fans rep experiment has run its course, you'd be mental to want this grief.

Your'e right there pal.

marinello59
17-11-2017, 03:42 PM
I had read that, which is why I asked. I’d like the club to put a bit more meat on the bones of that by saying what it is we are striving for and also I’d like us to say publicly what it is we want. That way we can see which clubs want to stand against Financial FairPlay.
I can get behind ‘moving on’ if I can see that it’s unlikely to happen again but the sad fact is that it is happening right now. There needs to be change and it needs to come from the clubs. I’d like to know what we are doing about it.

What are you doing about it? If you think the club is part of the problem then it makes no sense to look to them for the solution.

CockneyRebel
17-11-2017, 03:47 PM

Or stick their heads in the sand or pull political strokes or manipulate fans' reps.

worcesterhibby
17-11-2017, 03:48 PM

I don't necessarily disagree that Scottish Football Governance is in need of reform. However I would ask one question..can you find me anywhere on the web where a widely distributed poll has been conducted into the governing body for a sport and the result has been that the majority think they are doing a great job ?

In my working life, I work for a sporting Governing Body in England by the way, so maybe that's why I tend to look at things from the other direction.

Hibs90
17-11-2017, 04:42 PM
So the fans reps spoke to some fans, read some views on forums/social media and made their conclusions from that. I'm not having a go at the reps but that is just poor. They should have went about it much more thoroughly than they did. Polls, E-mails, Letters to those who can't access other things etc. I'm pretty sure everybody does want to move on from this saga but this just reeks of 'brushing it under the carpet' moving on instead of getting answers and then moving on.

JoeB
17-11-2017, 04:47 PM
Frank can't stand again anyway, so that will keep you happy I assume.....

Best news of the week.Waste of space.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Best news of the week.Waste of space.

Constructive first post. Well done.....

Mikey
17-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Are we going to get a run down of what happened last night then or not :dunno:

Golden Bear
17-11-2017, 05:07 PM

Facebook is the place apparently. Maybe some kind soul will copy and paste it.

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 05:11 PM
So the fans reps spoke to some fans, read some views on forums/social media and made their conclusions from that. I'm not having a go at the reps but that is just poor. They should have went about it much more thoroughly than they did. Polls, E-mails, Letters to those who can't access other things etc. I'm pretty sure everybody does want to move on from this saga but this just reeks of 'brushing it under the carpet' moving on instead of getting answers and then moving on.

You are having a go and where do you suggest all the time and money is coming from? The club?

ronaldo7
17-11-2017, 05:18 PM

Prior to opening the meeting, the chair informed everyone, that anyone using phones or any other recordings devices should be switched off, and if anyone was found to be recording the event, they'd be asked to leave. An hour was not enough time to get through all the questions people wanted to ask. As has been said, dempster, and Petrie handled it well. It's well seen the club wish to move on with this.

PatHead
17-11-2017, 05:21 PM

Take objection to that last comment. Making an argument to say they both should have been aware there was a divided opinion among supporters and they should have each voted differently is not sniping from the woods.

ronaldo7
17-11-2017, 05:33 PM

This just about covers it for our group last night.

green day
17-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Take objection to that last comment. Making an argument to say they both should have been aware there was a divided opinion among supporters and they should have each voted differently is not sniping from the woods.

Take objection all you like :aok:

While your argument in bold is fine, there have been plenty of stupid and negative sniping comments about the reps.

lucky
17-11-2017, 05:45 PM

You do realise that’s the fans reps are volunteers and can’t spend their whole lives doing this voluntary job? The fact they liaised and then fronted up a meeting to explain their decision seems fair enough to me. The petition and now subsequent witch hunt against the board is unnecessary and only brings disharmony to our club.

Tomsk
17-11-2017, 05:49 PM

Rod Petrie Chairman
Leeann Dempster CEO
Stephen Dunn Director

David Forsyth

#GGTTH

I couldn't even finish reading that.

ronaldo7
17-11-2017, 05:59 PM
You do realise that’s the fans reps are volunteers and can’t spend their whole lives doing this voluntary job? The fact they liaised and then fronted up a meeting to explain their decision seems fair enough to me. The petition and now subsequent witch hunt against the board is unnecessary and only brings disharmony to our club.

The fans reps, themselves, said they could have done better on the communication front, last night.

Mikey
17-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Facebook is the place apparently. Maybe some kind soul will copy and paste it.

I've seen it, and it states that LD and RP went into detail. But the report doesn't!

Ronniekirk
17-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Question for Traceyhibs.

Would of been one of my questions last night It was a key cornerstone of the Sporting Integrity Debate way back
Or have The Rangers browbeaten all the clubs into delaying this until they have broken all the rules to secure second spot and are back where they rightfully belong
I am far from being an Agitator but on this issue i would like dome clarity

The Harp Awakes
17-11-2017, 07:36 PM
I was at the meeting last night and I thought Leeann and Rod spoke well and put forward the Club's position as well as they possibly could.

Leeann's main argument was that she and the Club are totally focused on Hibs and the future and didn't want to be deflected by looking back at what happened in the past.

Rod's main argument was that the Rangers situation was dealt with by the football authorities at the time; SPL/other Clubs and the SFA. He added that you could argue with the level of punishment (£250k fine, transfer embargo, Newco taking on Oldco's football debts) but you couldn't argue that the matter hadn't been dealt with at the time.

Whilst I can understand Leeann's argument to an extent, I think that Rod's position is weak. The problem with it is, that there remains a real doubt as to whether the football authorities delivered a punishment to Newco which fitted the crime of Oldco. The reason being that the clubs had a vested interest in not punishing Newco too severely, due to self-interest and self-preservation (£s). Leeann actually eluded to the self-interest of other clubs in her opening contribution.

An independent enquiry no doubt would have considered the self-interest issue and made recommendations which may have allowed everyone to look forward to the future with confidence. So for me, HFC's opposition to an independent review into the matter is disappointing and short-sighted.

Mikey
17-11-2017, 07:56 PM
Cheers THA.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 10:07 PM
I was at the meeting last night and I thought Leeann and Rod spoke well and put forward the Club's position as well as they possibly could.

Leeann's main argument was that she and the Club are totally focused on Hibs and the future and didn't want to be deflected by looking back at what happened in the past.

Rod's main argument was that the Rangers situation was dealt with by the football authorities at the time; SPL/other Clubs and the SFA. He added that you could argue with the level of punishment (£250k fine, transfer embargo, Newco taking on Oldco's football debts) but you couldn't argue that the matter hadn't been dealt with at the time.

Whilst I can understand Leeann's argument to an extent, I think that Rod's position is weak. The problem with it is, that there remains a real doubt as to whether the football authorities delivered a punishment to Newco which fitted the crime of Oldco. The reason being that the clubs had a vested interest in not punishing Newco too severely, due to self-interest and self-preservation (£s). Leeann actually eluded to the self-interest of other clubs in her opening contribution.

An independent enquiry no doubt would have considered the self-interest issue and made recommendations which may have allowed everyone to look forward to the future with confidence. So for me, HFC's opposition to an independent review into the matter is disappointing and short-sighted.

Thanks for report.

Did you get a sense of what Leeann meant by being 'deflected'? I am struggling to see how Hibs would suffer in any significant way in the future by being party to any review of previous wrongdoing, or involved in establishing rules which would prevent another oldco/newco fiasco. Rod's already involved with the governance - is there a fear that he wouldn't have time to turn up to ER at all if the issues were properly looked at? :confused:

Michael
17-11-2017, 11:10 PM
The only way the club can benefit from not having the inquiry is if the club has something to hide. Is this what the "new information" was?

The Harp Awakes
17-11-2017, 11:56 PM
Thanks for report.

Did you get a sense of what Leeann meant by being 'deflected'? I am struggling to see how Hibs would suffer in any significant way in the future by being party to any review of previous wrongdoing, or involved in establishing rules which would prevent another oldco/newco fiasco. Rod's already involved with the governance - is there a fear that he wouldn't have time to turn up to ER at all if the issues were properly looked at? :confused:

Leeann made the point that the issue all kicked off at a time when the Club's main focus was on the transfer window. I think she feels that attention given to the past and an enquiry etc, could affect the Club's focus on future achievement. Whilst I can see where Leeann is coming from, I feel in these days of transparency and demonstrating fair play, the issue is far too important to brush under the carpet.

On Rod, he is clearly in a difficult position due to his role at the SFA. The SFA have their fingerprints all over the EBT scandal and I suspect his status at the SFA must be the main reason the Club has adopted the stance which they have.

Ozyhibby
18-11-2017, 12:07 AM
I can’t see how it can be in the clubs interest to either be part of a cover up or to turn a blind eye to a cover up and that is what it looks like.
Directors have a duty to protect the clubs long term reputation as well as its short term financial health.

lapsedhibee
18-11-2017, 12:09 AM
Leeann made the point that the issue all kicked off at a time when the Club's main focus was on the transfer window. I think she feels that attention given to the past and an enquiry etc, could affect the Club's focus on future achievement. Whilst I can see where Leeann is coming from, I feel in these days of transparency and demonstrating fair play, the issue is far too important to brush under the carpet.

On Rod, he is clearly in a difficult position due to his role at the SFA. The SFA have their fingerprints all over the EBT scandal and I suspect his status at the SFA must be the main reason the Club has adopted the stance which they have.
Thanks. Sadly does look that way. The stuff about the transfer window and focus being affected don't really sound too convincing on their own.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2017, 12:24 AM
The fans reps, themselves, said they could have done better on the communication front, last night.

Really, who'd have thought that would be the case?

ajf
18-11-2017, 01:47 AM
Maybe the Club should have canvassed every ST holder, but apart from that, they got their thinking and rational, behind their decision spot on IMO, there was much more to it than people assume

Or even easier , just canvas every member of the hibs club why bother with the season ticket holder

Stonewall
18-11-2017, 06:58 AM

i think it's commendable that the club was prepared to engage with the support and I'm glad that the discussion was curteous.

As a matter of interest did anyone actually try to pin RP down over the fundemental flaws in the Nimmo Smith enquiry with regards to its terms, the fact it was based on EBTs being legal which the Supreme Court found not to be the case and the fact that the enquiry was lied to?

LDs admission about the clubs self interest (or at least their perceived self interest) is very telling. There is still no desire amongst the majority of clubs for a level playing field in Scottish Football.

Did anŷone ask RP, in the spirit of moving on, specific ways in which lessons had been learnt by the SFA and how things had changed to enable us to be confident that matters would be dealt with differently in the future? Given the current state of Rangers' finanaces we may get a chance to find out.

I remain disappointed in the club's attitude.

ORAC
18-11-2017, 08:06 AM

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 08:15 AM
As The Rangers have carried on spending without a care in the world and the fact they DONT have the money to do it, shows LD and Petrie have learned nothing.

I’d like us to question this because it’s clear to everyone in Scottish football they are still cheating. Sick to death of Hibs and others turning a blind eye to this. Grow a pair ffs and get these clown punished properly.

bigwheel
18-11-2017, 08:18 AM
As The Rangers have carried on spending without a care in the world and the fact they DONT have the money to do it, shows LD and Petrie have learned nothing.

I’d like us to question this because it’s clear to everyone in Scottish football they are still cheating. Sick to death of Hibs and others turning a blind eye to this. Grow a pair ffs and get these clown punished properly.

Think you are calling this one wrong Cat...

Making a loss as a business isn’t cheating...as long as you have the funding to continue paying your bills as the come due - currently, due to support of directors they have that funding - if that was to stop - their situation would change.

Whilst not sustainable, and certainly not without risk, there is nothing illegal in what they are doing

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Think you are calling this one wrong Cat...

Making a loss as a business isn’t cheating...as long as you have the funding to continue paying your bills as the come due - currently, due to support of directors they have that funding - if that was to stop - their situation would change.

Whilst not sustainable, and certainly not without risk, there is nothing illegal in what they are doing

The Rangers are on another level though. They will go pop soon it’s a cert and I fully expect my club to bend over backwards to help them again. Hibs and the board have done amazing past few years but this is the one thing they have shat the bed on.

Ronniekirk
18-11-2017, 09:26 AM
The Rangers are on another level though. They will go pop soon it’s a cert and I fully expect my club to bend over backwards to help them again. Hibs and the board have done amazing past few years but this is the one thing they have shat the bed on.

Am in the pissed off camp but the harsh reality is they play the system and know the cards to play and how to influence the powers that be
They know going forward that they can sell their season tickets , they will be back selling their own Merchandise Get bigger share of T V deals etc and they will always have people and corporate finance willing to invest when they get to point of challenging Celtic and back in Europe
The latter was never going to happen quickly and we are now seeing a period of Transition which they are skilfully navigating
They have created a situation where they now know there is no appetite by member clubs to take them on
So i suspect they will continue to find ways to carry on
There biggest problem now is getting the right Manager and Players Get that wrong again , go out of Europe early and have to sack another Manager would create another crises and could see change at Ibrox at Boardroom Level
But Ozzy s point that people seem happy to sweep under the carpet remains There is no appetite to regulate some form of financial fair play structure when The Rangers are still going through this Transition Yet it was a fundamental point of the Sporting Integrity blurb and all clubs seemed up for it

Jack
18-11-2017, 09:42 AM

They need Europe to get close to surviving.

We've seen in the past how far the Scottish football authorities were prepared to go to get them in Europe.

There's no evidence that anything has changed.

Hibs90
18-11-2017, 10:07 AM

I don't think it would have been difficult to send a few e-mails to admins of the social pages asking them to poll the user base asking for an opinion.

Mikey
18-11-2017, 10:51 AM

It's been mentioned previously that there is sensitive information that the club can't share. Did they give you any of that info?

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2017, 11:00 AM
We still have some of the same folk in charge, who were part of the huge cover up, when rangers went to the wall.

The governing body, then tried every trick in the book to justify why they shouldn't apply the rules that were already there in place.

There has been deals and cover ups galore, to ensure the new club made their way back to their rightful place, and we are supposed to just roll over and tickle their belly.

And to cap it all off, after the lies and deceit, they even give one of them who lied through his teeth, a bloody job with the SFA.

What harm could having an open independant review of the whole affair cause, unless those at the top table and i include Hibs in this, have something to hide?

In any other sport, in any other country, we'd not be having this argument.

lapsedhibee
18-11-2017, 11:04 AM

I have tried to see this in another way, but haven't managed to. If financial self-interest has been a, or the, major factor in the club's wanting to move on/sweep stuff under the carpet, isn't this basically saying, since the financial self-interest is ongoing, that the Glasgow Giants will continue to be allowed to do stuff in the future that no other clubs could get away with? Roll on the the thes.

PatHead
18-11-2017, 11:28 AM
We still have some of the same folk in charge, who were part of the huge cover up, when rangers went to the wall.

The governing body, then tried every trick in the book to justify why they shouldn't apply the rules that were already there in place.

There has been deals and cover ups galore, to ensure the new club made their way back to their rightful place, and we are supposed to just roll over and tickle their belly.

And to cap it all off, after the lies and deceit, they even give one of them who lied through his teeth, a bloody job with the SFA.

What harm could having an open independant review of the whole affair cause, unless those at the top table and i include Hibs in this, have something to hide?

In any other sport, in any other country, we'd not be having this argument.
My feelings exactly. Certain clubs ignore the rules for their own self interest. They get away with it all the time. It is not in the long term interests of the game not to govern properly. Look at how a glib and shameless liar is allowed to own their club today. Scottish football needs a clean out of everyone who let this happen before we move on. Starting with Regan and Doncaster.