PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Value of SJM

RossScott1991
10-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Didn't watch the game last night, however with another cap under his belt and I think I read somehere MOTM award, how much should Hibs realistically be looking to receive for Mcginn?

We have just finished our first round of fixtures in the premiership, his first year in premiership with Hibs his performances like majority of the squad have been good this season soo far. 3 goals in 12 games, 2 of which came away to the best team in the league.

is 5 million the maximum we should be looking for, taking into account whatever % st Mirren receive from the fee. or does anyone think more?

Pete
10-11-2017, 09:36 AM
£10 million.

Col2
10-11-2017, 09:37 AM
18 months left.

Realistically we won’t get offered more than £3.5m.

I think we would sell for £2.75m and upwards.

Cabbage East
10-11-2017, 09:38 AM
£11.36m

Souter96Mac
10-11-2017, 09:41 AM
4/5 million but perhaps unrealistic due to the length left on his contract. He's a quality player though with now 5 Scotland caps to his name I believe, with two man of the match awards.
Can see it being closer to 2/3

10-11-2017, 09:42 AM
He's a sensible laddie ..... Leanne and NL need chat to him and get him to extend his contract by another year, on slightly enhanced terms if the Club can do so. He and we all know if he keeps playing the way he is and keeps adding to his Scotland caps a BIG Club is gonna come in for him, and they can afford £5, 6, 7, etc million. That way the Club maximise what we can get and SJM gives the Club that gave him a platform to really make his way in the game something back.

I'm sure St Mirren would agree too!

Liam89
10-11-2017, 09:42 AM
How is one of the leagues best players, Scotland international with 2 MOTM awards from his first 2 starts for the team, young and endless potential only worth £2.75m? At what point is a player worth 5m? I don't understand why we undervalue our players up here. I'd say if a team down south paid 6m for him they wouldn't get any less value than if they'd bought some of the dross that's shifted around clubs for big bucks in the premier league/championship.

calumhibee1
10-11-2017, 09:43 AM
We don’t need to sell and clubs know that, so £5m.

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2017, 09:44 AM
We won't get anything like his real value when he moves on; that's just the nature of the Scottish game, and there's his contract situation. Bet we don't even get £3 million.

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2017, 09:46 AM
How is one of the leagues best players, Scotland international with 2 MOTM awards from his first 2 starts for the team, young and endless potential only worth £2.75m? At what point is a player worth 5m? I don't understand why we undervalue our players up here. I'd say if a team down south paid 6m for him they wouldn't get any less value than if they'd bought some of the dross that's shifted around clubs for big bucks in the premier league/championship.

English clubs know there is no money in the Scottish game and can drive a hard bargain. Only Celtic can command top dollar because they don't need the money in the way all other clubs do.

Hi Heid Yin
10-11-2017, 09:47 AM

:agree::agree::agree:

Hi Heid Yin
10-11-2017, 09:48 AM
English clubs know there is no money in the Scottish game and can drive a hard bargain. Only Celtic can command top dollar because they don't need the money in the way all other clubs do.

Sadly, this is how I see it too.

InchHibby
10-11-2017, 09:57 AM
We won't get anything like his real value when he moves on; that's just the nature of the Scottish game, and there's his contract situation. Bet we don't even get £3 million.

4.5 for broony a few year back, he’s got to be worth at least that, even more.

Michael
10-11-2017, 09:57 AM
If he signs a new contract he's worth 4/5 million in the summer.

Firestarter
10-11-2017, 10:03 AM
£4m this January £2m summer.

one day maybe...
10-11-2017, 10:06 AM
£2.5 plus Henderson & Christie at the end of this season.

Wilson
10-11-2017, 10:07 AM
£2.5 plus Henderson & Christie at the end of this season.

Well your guess is, at least, as stupid as the others.

one day maybe...
10-11-2017, 10:11 AM

Just my guess... love to see us get £10 million plus, but unfortunately I don't think we will. Love to be wrong though.

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2017, 10:17 AM
4.5 for broony a few year back, he’s got to be worth at least that, even more.

That was to another Scottish club and when there was more money in the game up here.

McGinn at Hibs, £3 million; McGinn at Celtic, at least double that. We'll get ripped off.

.Sean.
10-11-2017, 10:18 AM
If he signs a new deal I'd be wanting 5 million minimum.

lord bunberry
10-11-2017, 10:19 AM
I genuinely think he’s one of the best players I’ve seen. He’s got skill, drive, fight and he’s developing a bit of a nasty streak. If we get a few clubs interested, then we could see a fee of around £5m. Celtic would be insane not to try and sign him, he’s a ready made replacement for Scott Brown, and they’ve got so many players that they could offer in part exchange.

stoneyburn hibs
10-11-2017, 10:20 AM
New contract £5m , otherwise £3m.

Callyballybe
10-11-2017, 10:22 AM
It really does come down to if he signs an extension to his current contract - I assume the club will have at least approached him and his agent about this at some point. If he was to sign an extension, then I'd say we'd be looking at £4mil if he went in the summer.

The more realistic outcome is that he won't sign an extension, and will be away either in Jan or the summer (unfortunately.) If it's Jan, and we get £3mil, we've done well (Although if offered £2.5mil, I'd say we'd end up taking it.) If we wait till the sumer £1.5mil, if we're lucky.

Brown's situation isn't comparable as there was more money in Scottish football at that time.

I'd love to see us get £5mil for him, but I'm afraid to say there'll be alot of disappointed people on here when he does finally go if they think we're getting that for him.

nonshinyfinish
10-11-2017, 10:23 AM
How long was left on Brown’s contract when we sold him?

Smartie
10-11-2017, 10:25 AM
We'll be lucky to get £3m.

Immediately upon arrival at Fulham, Brentford or wherever, he'll be worth £15m without having kicked a ball.

That's the way it works.

Jones28
10-11-2017, 10:31 AM
It would be madness not to get him on an extension, up his value buy a million + and he will go to the highest bidder in the summer.

scoopyboy
10-11-2017, 10:35 AM
At the end of the day we will only get what someone is prepared to pay, no point whatsoever in valuing him at £5 million if you are only going to get £3 million.

There will come a point we either take what's on offer or lose him for nothing at the end of his contract.

I would rather we lost him at the end of the 2018-2019 season for nout than sell him for £1.5 million in January, my logic being that we could recoup most of that back with high league position windfalls and cup runs.

scoopyboy
10-11-2017, 10:36 AM
It would be madness not to get him on an extension, up his value buy a million + and he will go to the highest bidder in the summer.

What if he doesn't want to sign it though?

Jones28
10-11-2017, 10:38 AM
What if he doesn't want to sigh it though?

Make it impossible for him not to, offer him as good wages as we possibly can, gamble on a really high bid coming in for him and we make good money on him.

scoopyboy
10-11-2017, 10:40 AM
Make it impossible for him not to, offer him as good wages as we possibly can, gamble on a really high bid coming in for him and we make good money on him.

Sounds easy eh. I hope Leeann has thought of that.

I hope it works out the way you have suggested but I doubt it will happen.

Smartie
10-11-2017, 10:42 AM

I don't think there's anything that we could offer him that would be of interest to him.

Why should he sign a contract that might limit his options? His next move is his biggest one, and if he plays his cards right he could make an absolute fortune.

Hibs have served their purpose re McGinn, it has been a very good move for both parties.

I get the feeling that McGinn is pretty savvy, without being a mercenary dick.

Big_Franck
10-11-2017, 10:46 AM
I only watched the first half of the game last night. Did McGinn get man of the match again?

Col2
10-11-2017, 10:50 AM
I only watched the first half of the game last night. Did McGinn get man of the match again?

Yes

Big_Franck
10-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Yes

Probably added at least another half a mil to his value then. He was up against some very experienced players last night.

Rather than speculating on how much we might get for him every couple of weeks, maybe we (myself included) should just enjoy watching this brilliant young footballer play for Hibs while he's still here.

jodjam
10-11-2017, 10:56 AM
I don't think there's anything that we could offer him that would be of interest to him.

Why should he sign a contract that might limit his options? His next move is his biggest one, and if he plays his cards right he could make an absolute fortune.

Hibs have served their purpose re McGinn, it has been a very good move for both parties.

I get the feeling that McGinn is pretty savvy, without being a mercenary dick.

Correct. He would be nuts to sign a new deal. Our club is now well placed to carry on when SJM does leave

Nicho87
10-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Call me a moan. But did it annoy anyone else than McGinn got man of the match and rather than sky go down the standard route of interview the man of the match. They went with standard Celtic choice. Captain or not. I'm convinced if it was McGregor who got it for example he would be standing in front of the camera. Anyway he's worth £3 million with current contract. £5.5 if he signs long contract.

Big L
10-11-2017, 11:08 AM
If he signs a new contract he's worth 4/5 million in the summer.

If he extended for a year now and left in the summer I think we would get £2.75Mill at a push.

The Baldmans Comb
10-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Any transfer value is little to do with the ability of the player but rather the domicile and financial strength of the selling club.

Had SJM played for an English Championship side then the buying club must make an offer that is financially worthwhile for the selling club to release their star asset. Hence something like £3m to £5 seems to be the fee commanded if their players are moving to the English Premiership.

As SJM plays in Scotland for a financially stable but relatively small club then this fee will be considerably reduced but it will be added to due to his undoubted ability, young age and the fact he is already an International player.

Around £1.5m to £2m would be my guess and you could relate that to Cummings who seemed to go for around £1m+ though hopefully Celtc may be interested though I don't see him as as Broonys replacement as they are very different types of players but they have pots of money to burn and building a Scottish base is obviously their successful strategy.

Firestarter
10-11-2017, 11:15 AM

Defo' Henderson is free at the end of the season. :wink:

Ozyhibby
10-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Ntcham went to Celtic for £4.5m and he could not lace McGinns boots. Kaossie went there for £3m and he can’t even get a game.
It’s up to Hibs to make sure we get maximum value for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyJo
10-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Based on the transfer fees being paid for players in England he should be worth £15m or more.

I think we will accept an offer of over £3m with a sell-on percentage.

SirDavidsNapper
10-11-2017, 11:28 AM
Hibs will make most money from John through future sell on clauses. It's the way it is for Scottish clubs now.

CMurdoch
10-11-2017, 11:29 AM
The most important part in any sale of McGinn is to have a sell on clause of at least 20% especially if it is to an English Championship Club.

scoopyboy
10-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Ntcham went to Celtic for £4.5m and he could not lace McGinns boots. Kaossie went there for £3m and he can’t even get a game.
It’s up to Hibs to make sure we get maximum value for him.

Other than get him to sign an extended contract how do you suggest Hibs do that?

You can't make a club pay a fee they don't want to.

Lago
10-11-2017, 11:31 AM
We'll be lucky to get £3m.

Immediately upon arrival at Fulham, Brentford or wherever, he'll be worth £15m without having kicked a ball.

That's the way it works.
True, unfortunately.

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Hibs will make most money from John through future sell on clauses. It's the way it is for Scottish clubs now.

Good point. It's a must.

FifeHibs
10-11-2017, 11:36 AM
IMO A good piece of business would be to sell him to a mid level championship club £2-4 million with a 20% sell on clause. After 1 or 2 seasons in the championship he will be sold for £15-20 million and Hibs would pocket another £3-4 million.

St Mirren are due a substantial percentage of any cash value just now.

Ozyhibby
10-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Other than get him to sign an extended contract how do you suggest Hibs do that?

You can't make a club pay a fee they don't want to.

When you have something to sell you market it. Between now and the end of the season you make sure that every chairman, chief exec, scout and agent in Europe know that one of Scotland’s best young centre mids is coming on the market and he will be sold. Fact is he is now up for sale so it’s up to us to drum up interest. We need as many clubs as possible to think John is the solution to their problem.
You very much can make clubs pay fees they don’t want to pay. You need to work at it though.

Greenworld
10-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Would be amazed if we don't get 4-5 million not sure if there is a way of lessening the fee to St mirren by agreeing a fee plus player swap

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
10-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Would be amazed if we don't get 4-5 million not sure if there is a way of lessening the fee to St mirren by agreeing a fee plus player swap

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

There is zero chance of that. St. Mirren don’t pay fees for players. It was a good deal for us, so pay what we are due.

scoopyboy
10-11-2017, 12:03 PM
When you have something to sell you market it. Between now and the end of the season you make sure that every chairman, chief exec, scout and agent in Europe know that one of Scotland’s best young centre mids is coming on the market and he will be sold. Fact is he is now up for sale so it’s up to us to drum up interest. We need as many clubs as possible to think John is the solution to their problem.
You very much can make clubs pay fees they don’t want to pay. You need to work at it though.

Decent reply Ozy.

There is also the possibility that SJM would prefer to see his contract out with Hibs and then pocket even more from a club as they wouldn't have to shell out a transfer fee to us. I don't think that will happen though.

As I've said previously I am going to savour every minute he plays for us and he will always be one of my favourite players irrespective of where his future lies. I will always remember him as a guy who came to our club when we were in a bad place, was instrumental in us lifting the Scottish Cup and getting us promoted. He will leave us a far stronger club when he departs.

WeeRussell
10-11-2017, 12:05 PM
From what I seen (which was only the highlights) it looked like McGinn was pulling the strings for us last night.

What did we get for Brown? I'd say it's a fairly similar situation (apart from McGinn isn't pushing for a move at present) plus inflation :greengrin

WeeRussell
10-11-2017, 12:06 PM
Decent reply Ozy.

There is also the possibility that SJM would prefer to see his contract out with Hibs and then pocket even more from a club as they wouldn't have to shell out a transfer fee to us. I don't think that will happen though.

As I've said previously I am going to savour every minute he plays for us and he will always be one of my favourite players irrespective of where his future lies. I will always remember him as a guy who came to our club when we were in a bad place, was instrumental in us lifting the Scottish Cup and getting us promoted. He will leave us a far stronger club when he departs.

:top marks

offshorehibby
10-11-2017, 12:18 PM
I think if McGinn was going to sign an extension it would have been done by now.
By some accounts a deal had been struck with Forrest but it was to late. Will they come back in, Villa also rumoured to be interested.
Without the extension 3M.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2017, 12:19 PM
He is worth nothing in 12 months, only thing that matters right now.

10-11-2017, 12:20 PM
He is worth nothing in 12 months, only thing that matters right now.

18 months surely?

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2017, 12:22 PM
18 months surely?

Pre contract 12 months from now

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2017, 12:29 PM
I think if we got £3m plus in January we'd probably have to take it, and hopefully invest it wisely. As others have said, perhaps where we might make more money is with putting in a sell on fee.

I'm not sure what kind of sell on percentage we could realistically get, but i'd like to think we'd be looking at 20%-25%.

If he went to a decent club like Villa, who's to say what he might be worth after a successful time with them?

Average players down there go for £10m plus, im sure he could be every bit as good as some of those given the right club and manager.

Jones28
10-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Sounds easy eh. I hope Leeann has thought of that.

I hope it works out the way you have suggested but I doubt it will happen.

Supply and demand my friend! If someone wants what you've got then you can name your price.

Fwiw I think this was the tactic Hibs used with JC and seems to have worked out well for both parties.

Ozyhibby
10-11-2017, 12:39 PM
If the club really want to cash in on him, you see if someone like West Ham want him on a six month loan in Jan. He does well there and everything changes.

Tornadoes70
10-11-2017, 12:47 PM
I genuinely think he’s one of the best players I’ve seen. He’s got skill, drive, fight and he’s developing a bit of a nasty streak. If we get a few clubs interested, then we could see a fee of around £5m. Celtic would be insane not to try and sign him, he’s a ready made replacement for Scott Brown, and they’ve got so many players that they could offer in part exchange.

Totally agree. He's one of the best young midfield players we've seen at ER in the modern game since the emergence of Scotty Brown and Johnny Collins. Top English clubs are certain to have become aware of his enormous talent in driving a game, his skill and strength in retaining the ball etc. I'm confident we should be asking for around 5 million. Both ourselves and St mirren would be handsomely rewarded in financial terms and the opportunity of having seen this abundantly talented and hard working football player gracing ER.

:flag:

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2017, 12:49 PM
He'll be going to Celtic to replace Broony. Let's see how much we can squeeze out of them.....

Captain Trips
10-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Anything less than £6m is IMO a bargain in 2017.

southsider
10-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Was talking to a "real Celtic man" in Sammy Dows after the semi. Said his team were awash with money. Asked what would I take. £7m plus Hendo. Didn't seem shocked by that.

BoltonHibee
10-11-2017, 12:54 PM
We will get between £4-5M in January

CRAZYHIBBY
10-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Id be surprised if we got more than 2.5m......then it would be interesting to see what happens with the money..will it go on the team? or be paid towards the debt?....after petrie and co take their share ...we also have to pay st mirren

southsider
10-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Defenders in England going for £20 million and they are gash !

southsider
10-11-2017, 01:04 PM
Id be surprised if we got more than 2.5m......then it would be interesting to see what happens with the money..will it go on the team? or be paid towards the debt?....after petrie and co take their share ...we also have to pay st mirren
Just so we can put this debt thing to bed. 10 payment of £500,000 per year INTEREST FREE. No other money due. Rod & Co. will not be taking any cut.

Captain Trips
10-11-2017, 01:18 PM
There is the problem up here we get what the player is worth or less certainly no more. About time we got over the odds payments.

where'stheslope
10-11-2017, 02:06 PM
I think the Club will be pushing to get an extension signed, but you have to remember the player and agent will be looking for better monetary deal costing the Club more.
Also they can write into the deal at what price he will be allowed to talk to interested Clubs, this creates a ceiling price so any bonus goes their way.
Though I don't for 1 minute think that McGinn will hold Hibs to ransom, but agents are lining their own pockets with every deal so it makes it harder to make deals with players on an upwards spiral.
For me it would be better keeping him as is in the hope we get a fair offer, otherwise the Club could cause problems in the dressing room alienating other players who will feel just as worthy!!!

DH1875
10-11-2017, 02:28 PM
I'd take the £3million with 20% option and reckon that's roughly how it will pan out.

superfurryhibby
10-11-2017, 02:38 PM
If we offered Mc Ginn a very good 1 year contract extension with a release clause what would stop him signing it? He gets more cash instantly and added security. He's a smart lad and knows clubs will be in for him, with the kind of move he aspires to, I doubt the odd million or two would deter his suitors?

Hi Heid Yin
10-11-2017, 02:50 PM
If he were playing in the English Championship he would be valued at £10 million.
As it stands our club should expect no less than £5 million.

Ozyhibby
10-11-2017, 03:57 PM
If anyone reads ‘the backpass rule’ blog (excellent btw) they willknow the McGinn is regularly the most effective midfielder in Scotland and has played way more key passes than any other player in the league.
Although he sometimes has wayward passes it’s because he is always trying the difficult forward passes rather than the sideways efforts.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171110/f141b217ef9b037ed9fe1940388895f0.jpg

lord bunberry
10-11-2017, 04:51 PM
If we offered Mc Ginn a very good 1 year contract extension with a release clause what would stop him signing it? He gets more cash instantly and added security. He's a smart lad and knows clubs will be in for him, with the kind of move he aspires to, I doubt the odd million or two would deter his suitors?
Because right now he is holding all the aces. If he signs a new deal, he loses leverage. A lower transfer fee will open up the number interested suitors, and could also result in higher wages for him.

Sir David Gray
10-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Without a new contract, he'll go for £3 million as an absolute maximum either in January or in the summer. Any later than that and it's probably going to be around £1.5 million.

If he signs a new deal then for the next couple of years we should be asking for at least £5 million.

DarlingtonHibee
10-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Pains me to say it, but he is surely celtic bound, would suit us if we got cash and player?

Sammy7nil
10-11-2017, 06:05 PM
IMHO he is worth about 3 million but I will be very surprised if we get 1.5 million.

Bob1875
10-11-2017, 06:09 PM
We don’t need to sell and clubs know that, so £5m.

We sort of do need to sell, either that or he’s walking for ziltch.

GreenOnions
10-11-2017, 06:09 PM
If anyone reads ‘the backpass rule’ blog (excellent btw) they willknow the McGinn is regularly the most effective midfielder in Scotland and has played way more key passes than any other player in the league.
Although he sometimes has wayward passes it’s because he is always trying the difficult forward passes rather than the sideways efforts.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171110/f141b217ef9b037ed9fe1940388895f0.jpg

This is pretty interesting OH. Unlike some stats these would actually seem to back-up what fans of many clubs might say about their own players with the likes of McGinn, Cadden, Armstrong, Crawford, Christie, Stokes and Forrest featuring well in the effectiveness of their play in the most difficult areas of the pitch. Nice one!

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Pains me to say it, but he is surely celtic bound, would suit us if we got cash and player?If it pains you to say it, don't say it. Celtic have never been linked, never bid nothing. He is more likely to go to Nottingham Forest who have shown actual interest.

Losing important players to rival teams is not the way to move forward.

Jones28
10-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Pains me to say it, but he is surely celtic bound, would suit us if we got cash and player?

We would need to be getting someone like Christie or Henderson.

Or Tony Ralston perhaps.

Blaster
10-11-2017, 06:13 PM
We sort of do need to sell, either that or he’s walking for ziltch.

But that also means he stays to the end of his contract. I'd settle for that than selling him for a paltry fee

Sammy7nil
10-11-2017, 06:24 PM
But that also means he stays to the end of his contract. I'd settle for that than selling him for a paltry fee

If he stays to the end of his contract hewould be a free agent and leave for nothing.

DarlingtonHibee
10-11-2017, 06:25 PM
If it pains you to say it, don't say it. Celtic have never been linked, never bid nothing. He is more likely to go to Nottingham Forest who have shown actual interest.

Losing important players to rival teams is not the way to move forward.

His grandfather was celtic chairman, he was a season ticket holder, Scott Brown is done next year, celtic will pay more than forest, no need to move home, no brainer, plus if we could get hendo plus cash up front..

Blaster
10-11-2017, 06:27 PM
If he stays to the end of his contract hewould be a free agent and leave for nothing.

Yes and I'd prefer having him till then and getting nothing than taking a rubbish bid in January

Billy Whizz
10-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Yes and I'd prefer having him till then and getting nothing than taking a rubbish bid in January

Hibs model is based on, selling on players for money

guthrie01
10-11-2017, 06:33 PM

That's a gamble that would only pay off if we won some silverware.

Would rather take the money ( if it matches our estimations) and invest in some young upcoming players so we always have a healthy squad that can challenge for the title/cups in the years to come

Blaster
10-11-2017, 06:36 PM

I know that billy and I hope we get a fee which is acceptable to us. However anything under £1.5m should not be considered. As someone mentioned earlier we could get that back in prize money / cup runs if he stays

Billy Whizz
10-11-2017, 06:38 PM
I know that billy and I hope we get a fee which is acceptable to us. However anything under £1.5m should not be considered. As someone mentioned earlier we could get that back in prize money / cup runs if he stays

I’d rather we sold in the summer than January, but if we’re offered an exceptional offer in January, we won’t be able to turn it down

Blaster
10-11-2017, 06:39 PM
I’d rather we sold in the summer than January, but if we’re offered an exceptional offer in January, we won’t be able to turn it down

And I agree. But an acceptable offer for me has to be at least £2m

danhibees1875
10-11-2017, 07:17 PM

And not standing in the way of talent progressing. We'd send the wrong message if we rejected any sensible bids IMO. I think he'll be going for less than most of the figures quoted on this thread, but obviously hope I'm wrong.

sambajustice
10-11-2017, 07:24 PM
1.5m

Nicho87
10-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Celtic will try for 1.5 plus hendo. We should be looking for double that before hendo even enters the equation. Nitcham or McGinn. I know who id rather have every week.

Ozyhibby
10-11-2017, 09:23 PM
Hendo will be a free agent, so not sure why he would allow himself to be part of any deal.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Hendo will be a free agent, so not sure why he would allow himself to be part of any deal.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCeltic offer to ignore to compo for him, knowing that Hibs would be interested in him, as part of a McGinn deal is probably what people are suggesting.

scoopyboy
10-11-2017, 09:47 PM

True but he can't just sign for any club as many will be very wary of what the development fee might be.

RyeSloan
10-11-2017, 11:53 PM
I know Celtic haven't made any overtures yet that anyone seems aware of but I'd be amazed if they don't move for him.

A pre emptive bid of £4m in January is my prediction.

ath
11-11-2017, 05:47 AM
I know Celtic haven't made any overtures yet that anyone seems aware of but I'd be amazed if they don't move for him.

A pre emptive bid of £4m in January is my prediction.
I was talking to a friend of SJMs dad, apparently SJM reckons Rodgers does not fancy him for Celtic. Down to a comment Rodgers made after the 2-2 game. I think it was along the lines of "a good workmanlike player".
He is keen on a move south in summer.
Not saying Celtic will not come calling but thought I would pass on info.

Kavinho
11-11-2017, 07:24 AM
What ever the figure, Id take less than his "true worth" to ensure a massive sell on clause is part of the deal.

Might end up getting an even bigger payment in a further 2/3 years if his next move happens to be between 2 English teams and there is anything north of a 25%sell on.

southern hibby
11-11-2017, 07:42 AM

Would we not get a development fee for him even if he does leave at the end of his contract?

GGTTH

calumhibee1
11-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Would we not get a development fee for him even if he does leave at the end of his contract?

GGTTH

Nope. He didn’t come through our academy.

Zazu62
11-11-2017, 09:27 AM
How much do St Mirren get?

bingo70
11-11-2017, 09:28 AM
How much do St Mirren get?

Depends who you believe.

St Mirren chairman said 30% rod Petrie said that’s not true.

southern hibby
11-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Nope. He didn’t come through our academy.

Cheers for that, just shows you what I thought about development fees. I thought you qualified for a development fee up till the age of 24. Where I got that from not got a clue but that's what I thought.

GGTTH

scoopyboy
11-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Cheers for that, just shows you what I thought about development fees. I thought you qualified for a development fee up till the age of 24. Where I got that from not got a clue but that's what I thought.

GGTTH

By the time his contract runs out he would be too old anyway.

PatHead
11-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Depends who you believe.

St Mirren chairman said 30% rod Petrie said that’s not true.

Rod was right to say 30 per cent is not the figure but in true Rod style he did not follow up by telling us it is more. 33.3333333 or a third to be precise. Rod misled the AGM that night

Arch Stanton
11-11-2017, 04:10 PM

I wonder if LD knows that?

I don't know why people think Hibs are skint - because we're not.

PatHead
11-11-2017, 04:36 PM

Think it is the model most clubs follow nowadays.

DarlingtonHibee
11-11-2017, 04:44 PM

Don't think we are short, but if celtic offers £4m for john we should take it.

Arch Stanton
11-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Think it is the model most clubs follow nowadays.

Clubs that are skint accept desirory bids though - we're not skint is all I'm saying.

Don't think we are short, but if celtic offers £4m for john we should take it.

Maybe so - I don't really know what he could be worth. But if it was their first bid I'd hold out for more. :greengrin

greenlex
11-11-2017, 05:27 PM
3 Million this season.

edwards
11-11-2017, 05:40 PM
3miillion plus Griffiths and Henderson would be perfection.

Billy Whizz
11-11-2017, 05:41 PM

If we want him in January it will cost us. Will cost a development fee I. The summer window as well

Billy Whizz
11-11-2017, 05:42 PM
3miillion plus Griffiths and Henderson would be perfection.

I’d want Christie added in as well

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2017, 05:42 PM
3miillion plus Griffiths and Henderson would be perfection.Griffiths is worth twice as much as McGinn, at least, can't see it :greengrin

Pretty Boy
11-11-2017, 05:46 PM
If we want him in January it will cost us. Will cost a development fee I. The summer window as well

Is a development fee not only an issue if Celtic offer him a new contract on equivalent or better terms?

Billy Whizz
11-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Is a development fee not only an issue if Celtic offer him a new contract on equivalent or better terms?

It is, but can’t see Celtic not offering him something, if they can recoup a fee for him

silverhibee
11-11-2017, 06:22 PM
I'm sure Forest will be back in for him in January.

lord bunberry
11-11-2017, 06:28 PM
I'm sure Forest will be back in for him in January.
He’d be a mug to go there. Cummings will regret going there unless the bread man gets the boot soon.
McGinn should be setting his sights higher than that. Villa are reported to be interested, and that might be a better move for him. I could see him doing well under someone like Steve Bruce.

DarlingtonHibee
11-11-2017, 06:30 PM
He's going to celtic, just depends on how much we get for him.

weecounty hibby
11-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Rod was right to say 30 per cent is not the figure but in true Rod style he did not follow up by telling us it is more. 33.3333333 or a third to be precise. Rod misled the AGM that night
Can you prove that please. I am more inclined to believe Rod than St Mirrens chairman and, no disrespect, you unless one of you can show us proof of this.

silverhibee
11-11-2017, 07:08 PM
He’d be a mug to go there. Cummings will regret going there unless the bread man gets the boot soon.
McGinn should be setting his sights higher than that. Villa are reported to be interested, and that might be a better move for him. I could see him doing well under someone like Steve Bruce.

Depends, Forest are after him, and the bread man can sell the possibility of EPL football next season, they are only a couple of points away from play off's position and that's what most of the managers will tell players coming in, Villa would also be a good move for him, another manager that can maybe promise EPL football next season, it's very tight at the top end of the championship and if your in the play offs there is a chance of top flight football in England.

H18 SFR
11-11-2017, 07:28 PM
I was talking to a friend of SJMs dad, apparently SJM reckons Rodgers does not fancy him for Celtic. Down to a comment Rodgers made after the 2-2 game. I think it was along the lines of "a good workmanlike player".
He is keen on a move south in summer.
Not saying Celtic will not come calling but thought I would pass on info.

I recall that interview and did raise an eyebrow although he then went on to highlight SJM's pace, power and energy.

PatHead
11-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Can you prove that please. I am more inclined to believe Rod than St Mirrens chairman and, no disrespect, you unless one of you can show us proof of this.

Obviously can’t show you proof but an impeccable source, not St Mirrens ex chairman either. Up to you whether you believe me or not. I believed Rod until I was told otherwise. If you check posts I have made in the past that will confirm my change of mind. Why not ask Rod at this year’s annual general meeting and hear his reply. He was disingenuous in his comment.