PDA

View Full Version : On this Day 7 Years Ago

ValleyHibee
10-11-2017, 03:26 AM
This must surely be one of the most unexpected results ever,3-0 v huns at ibrox,now before it gets dismissed as(the usual)result v them haha,take into account the following,we had just put in one of the most pathetic displays ever in a derby,don't think we had one shot on target,they had went fifty games without scoring at home so it really didn't look good,but this was HIBS.... Liam Miller controlled the game as we played some teriffic fitba in the first half,another thing was the HIBS support,ONLY 230 odd,must be the lowest HIBS crowd there for a long long time.were you there? Coming home that night I was wondering if it really happened? This was the team - Mark Brown Michael Hart,Jonathon Grounds,Francis Dickoh,Sol Bamba Ian Murray,Edwin De Graaf,John Rankin,David Wotherspoon,Liam Miller Valdas Trakys Subs used Steven Thicot(Ian Murray 63) Danny Galbraith(David Wotherspoon 63)and Chris Hogg(Valdas Trakys 89) Unused subs-Graeme Smith,Paul Hanlon,Lewis Horner and Lewis Stevenson. In just a few days the lows and HIGHS of being a HIBEE.

Ayrshire Hibee
10-11-2017, 04:58 AM
This must surely be one of the most unexpected results ever,3-0 v huns at ibrox,now before it gets dismissed as(the usual)result v them haha,take into account the following,we had just put in one of the most pathetic displays ever in a derby,don't think we had one shot on target,they had went fifty games without scoring at home so it really didn't look good,but this was HIBS.... Liam Miller controlled the game as we played some teriffic fitba in the first half,another thing was the HIBS support,ONLY 230 odd,must be the lowest HIBS crowd there for a long long time.were you there? Coming home that night I was wondering if it really happened? This was the team - Mark Brown Michael Hart,Jonathon Grounds,Francis Dickoh,Sol Bamba Ian Murray,Edwin De Graaf,John Rankin,David Wotherspoon,Liam Miller Valdas Trakys Subs used Steven Thicot(Ian Murray 63) Danny Galbraith(David Wotherspoon 63)and Chris Hogg(Valdas Trakys 89) Unused subs-Graeme Smith,Paul Hanlon,Lewis Horner and Lewis Stevenson. In just a few days the lows and HIGHS of being a HIBEE.

I was there with my son. We had bought tickets before the derby on the Sunday and thought **** we don't fancy it now :-( we went for a few stiff drinks in the crystal palace before getting a taxi to the ground......one of the best nights watching Hibs and smallest Hibs support I've seen since early 80s...... One of the few who seen the 3 x 3-0s at Ibrox this century :-)

G B Young
10-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Wasn't there but I remember not even checking the score until the morning after and being stunned to see we'd won 3-0 and by all accounts played great. It momentarily made me think Calderwood might be a managerial genius after all.

Less than a year later he was gone...just had a look at his time in charge and if it hadn't been for a run of five straight wins out of the blue followed by a couple of draws (including a 2-2 derby result where the yams got one of their many late equalisers. Vaz Te scored for us. Remember him? Callum Elliot got the yams' leveller. Remember him??) we could well have been relegated under Calderwood.

Lee Marvin
10-11-2017, 10:33 AM
That team is the stuff of nightmares!!

This just highlights how good a squad we actually do have now.

Nicho87
10-11-2017, 12:00 PM
Cold shiver seeing some of those names

McSwanky
10-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Whittaker and Lafferty lining up for Rangers that night....

Firestarter
10-11-2017, 12:16 PM
I was there with my son. We had bought tickets before the derby on the Sunday and thought **** we don't fancy it now :-( we went for a few stiff drinks in the crystal palace before getting a taxi to the ground......one of the best nights watching Hibs and smallest Hibs support I've seen since early 80s...... One of the few who seen the 3 x 3-0s at Ibrox this century :-)

Jealous. I've seen 2x. Well played. :thumbsup:

Fat Stu
10-11-2017, 12:41 PM
I was there, missed the first half as my brother left his keys in the car and we were waiting for the recovery van to come and open up the car. He kindly gave us a lift to the stadium before the second half kicked off and we were already 2 up.

jgl07
10-11-2017, 12:42 PM
I prefer 3-2 wins over the new club.

WeeRussell
10-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Who had went 50 games without scoring at home?!

I really do not remember Jonathon Grounds!! Perhaps some will say that's no bad thing...