PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TRY, TRY AND TRY AGAIN!

RSS Bot
09-11-2017, 08:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8098)

Billy Whizz
09-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Fantastic. Things like this can only be good for the next generation

Vault Boy
09-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Good to see outreach like this. Stuart is a fantastic player too.

Phil MaGlass
09-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Oh thought this was aboot hertz and Murrayfield

Bristolhibby
09-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Didn’t know he was a Hibby. I love him even more.

J

jacomo
09-11-2017, 11:07 PM
Good to see outreach like this. Stuart is a fantastic player too.

I'd like to think it's more like an exchange of ideas these days.

East Mains seems to have really come of age now. Our facilities are great.

Vault Boy
09-11-2017, 11:26 PM
I'd like to think it's more like an exchange of ideas these days.

East Mains seems to have really come of age now. Our facilities are great.

I think you're right. It's one thing having the buildings and the equipment, but in recent times we've clearly had the right expertise in how to best use them.

Shrekko
09-11-2017, 11:59 PM

J

Amazing that a fan who’s a world class sportsman has slipped under the celebrity Hibee radar!

Mibbes Aye
10-11-2017, 12:26 AM
Hogg’s an outstanding player and would have featured more in the Lions tour of NZ had it not been for such an unfortunate injury.

I knew he was a Hawick laddy but had no idea he was a Hibee. He’s still got time for one or maybe two Lions tours yet, plus many seasons for Scotland.

Also didn’t know he was very distantly related to George Best.

Twiglet
10-11-2017, 12:38 AM

J

Me too! Can't wait to see him play on the 18th and 25th. :thumbsup:

houstonhibbee
10-11-2017, 04:40 AM
Hogg’s an outstanding player and would have featured more in the Lions tour of NZ had it not been for such an unfortunate injury.

I knew he was a Hawick laddy but had no idea he was a Hibee. He’s still got time for one or maybe two Lions tours yet, plus many seasons for Scotland.

Also didn’t know he was very distantly related to George Best.

I thought he was a very close relative - nephew?

Jones28
10-11-2017, 06:48 AM
Best player of this generation IMO, and a Hibby to boot.

JimBHibees
10-11-2017, 06:53 AM
Fantastic sportsman and someone who is very near the top of his sport and who has improved enormously is exactly the sort of role model our younger players should be listening to.

Well done Hibs and Hoggy.

Hawick hibee
10-11-2017, 08:45 AM
I know Stuart very well and I helped arrange the visit yesterday, Stuart is a great lad and he loved his visit to Hibs.
He wanted to learn for himself how Hibs go about their business in preparation for games and how the players train on a day to day basis and how they analyse performances collectively and as individuals.
The visit was great and I think they all learned little bits from each other.
Not many 1st team players in due to the break but Darren McGregor, Danny Swanson were taking part in the development session. The injured players were in working on their recovery, Dylan hopefully not far away from St J game, Liam also getting there and hopefully not far to go.
They senior players and the development lads are a credit to the club very friendly and respectful.
Darren done a wee penalty shoot out with Stuart, Ofir went between the sticks which Darren came out on top 2-1.
Then to level it up done a crossbar challenge more the area of Stuart's expertise he had 3 shots and was inches away with all the efforts the GK's went close but although not hitting it Stuarts efforts made him edge this challenge. Darren spent a bit of time speaking to Stuart and knows a bit about the rugby code, Darren is a great guy and couldn't be nicer. Liam also chatted for ages with us and also a gentleman who works very hard and is a dedicated athlete and has a great feel and love for the club. All the lads/staff at Hibs could not have been nicer Spending time with us going over the role they have,
Hibs are trying very hard to get it right the staff within consistently looking to improve, this may be a visit with Stuart's help to watch how the rugby code prepares for games and how they individually prepare as players.
Stuart's relationship to George Best is through his dad, distant relatives but nevertheless there is that connection, great link to Hibs.

JimBHibees
10-11-2017, 09:46 AM
I know Stuart very well and I helped arrange the visit yesterday, Stuart is a great lad and he loved his visit to Hibs.
He wanted to learn for himself how Hibs go about their business in preparation for games and how the players train on a day to day basis and how they analyse performances collectively and as individuals.
The visit was great and I think they all learned little bits from each other.
Not many 1st team players in due to the break but Darren McGregor, Danny Swanson were taking part in the development session. The injured players were in working on their recovery, Dylan hopefully not far away from St J game, Liam also getting there and hopefully not far to go.
They senior players and the development lads are a credit to the club very friendly and respectful.
Darren done a wee penalty shoot out with Stuart, Ofir went between the sticks which Darren came out on top 2-1.
Then to level it up done a crossbar challenge more the area of Stuart's expertise he had 3 shots and was inches away with all the efforts the GK's went close but although not hitting it Stuarts efforts made him edge this challenge. Darren spent a bit of time speaking to Stuart and knows a bit about the rugby code, Darren is a great guy and couldn't be nicer. Liam also chatted for ages with us and also a gentleman who works very hard and is a dedicated athlete and has a great feel and love for the club. All the lads/staff at Hibs could not have been nicer Spending time with us going over the role they have,
Hibs are trying very hard to get it right the staff within consistently looking to improve, this may be a visit with Stuart's help to watch how the rugby code prepares for games and how they individually prepare as players.
Stuart's relationship to George Best is through his dad, distant relatives but nevertheless there is that connection, great link to Hibs.

Thanks for that very interesting and great to hear about how well the staff and players represent the club.

Is Hoggy a Hibby?

Northernhibee
10-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Oh thought this was aboot hertz and Murrayfield

No, that's Try, Try, Wall of Glass, try, oops who ordered the seats try try delay try Levein was asking when the hiding toilet is being installed try police box statement try another delay try looks nothing like the pictures try try delay big team 5-1 oops relegated.

Hawick hibee
10-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Thanks for that very interesting and great to hear about how well the staff and players represent the club.

Is Hoggy a Hibby?

He certainly is doesn't get to many games for obvious reasons but has been at the Aberdeen game then I took him along to the hearts game.

JimBHibees
10-11-2017, 02:22 PM
He certainly is doesn't get to many games for obvious reasons but has been at the Aberdeen game then I took him along to the hearts game.

Cool must have enjoyed the derby.

Hawick hibee
10-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Loved it, first time at a derby game needless to say "sunshine on leith" at the end capped it off for him.

cabbageandribs1875
11-11-2017, 02:34 PM
Hibby Hogg scores a try v samoa after 2 mins :cb

shouted FT Hertz during his celebration

The Pointer
11-11-2017, 10:14 PM
I've enjoyed this thread as for some reason I thought Hoggy supported another (nameless) team, so am delighted to learn he's a Hibby.

I love rugby and have always thought it had a much more professional and advanced attitude to playing sport than football, particularly with regard to individual player's performances, so to see him pitching up at East Mains to exchange knowledge is very satisfying. I haven't been to see the set-up there but from what others on here have said, it seems since Alan Stubbs arrived and things continued with Lennon, we have a very mature approach. Sports Science has moved on massively in the past few years so long may that attitude continue as this is the way you get to the top of the game.

Wonder if Hoggy told the Development Squad about the weight he put on from drinking Guinness when he was recovering from his shoulder injury?

Hawick hibee
12-11-2017, 11:14 PM
He did mention about the weight loss. He explained how he bulked up due to the nature of the sport trying to be bigger to cope with the impact in the game. Through the summer his injury etc gave him time to think and he decided to strip back down and lost the weight to help him run past players rather than through them.