PDA

View Full Version : Path behind Meadowbank Sainsburys

green day
09-11-2017, 08:08 PM
......is closing in a week for construction work I have been told.

No idea when its due to reopen the poster I saw gave no indication that it would reopen at all.

The email address is customercareedinburgh@placesforpeople.co.uk if you want to let them know how inconvenient this is or ask any questions.

Carheenlea
09-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Not so handy for the walk from The Hoppy to ER now for our group. I think a lot of fans have been using the shopping centre car park as well.

LustForLeith
09-11-2017, 09:48 PM
Not so handy for the walk from The Hoppy to ER now for our group. I think a lot of fans have been using the shopping centre car park as well.

:agree:

w pilton hibby
09-11-2017, 09:49 PM

According to this

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/opinion/john-mclellan-path-closure-would-force-urban-eden-residents-to-make-20-minute-detour-1-4608358

It's closed indefinitely.

Keith_M
09-11-2017, 09:56 PM
I wonder if the Retail Park put pressure on to close it, to stop Football Fans using their Car Park.

neil7908
09-11-2017, 11:04 PM
I'm raging about this. Live on Albion Road and use the path all the time. It takes up a tiny chunk of the overall space available, I just can't understand the need to close it. A huge inconvenience to anyone in the area.

The Harp
09-11-2017, 11:54 PM
Disappointing to hear of this path closing. Have used it a good few times, the latest being the recent derby game. Was on foot, running late, and would've missed the goal if I'd gone via Abbeyhill and down ER.

RyeSloan
10-11-2017, 12:22 AM
I'm raging about this. Live on Albion Road and use the path all the time. It takes up a tiny chunk of the overall space available, I just can't understand the need to close it. A huge inconvenience to anyone in the area.

It been sorely needed for about a decade...seems lunacy to close it 'indefinitely' considering how many houses they have built in that area.

JimBHibees
10-11-2017, 07:05 AM
Seems strange to close very useful to use in the smaller games. Huge detour for the loads of houses near the stadium, makes no sense.

green day
10-11-2017, 07:14 AM
I know the original plans for the housing there showed landscaping and a proper path, so maybe that's what's coming?

What would not be good outcome, of course, is if they put a gate up which meant the path was only open to those who bought/rented from the developer.

JimBHibees
10-11-2017, 08:09 AM
I know the original plans for the housing there showed landscaping and a proper path, so maybe that's what's coming?

What would not be good outcome, of course, is if they put a gate up which meant the path was only open to those who bought/rented from the developer.

Nah let anyone use it.

Alex Trager
10-11-2017, 08:39 AM
I live on Lawrie Reilly Place and work at meadowbank.

Frankly it is an absolute joke decision.

allezsauzee
10-11-2017, 08:50 AM
I used to live in Albion Gardens and it is really frustrating having to walk 20 mins to a shop that is 3 minutes walk away! They used to block it off even when the land lay derelict for years which was petty in the extreme.

LustForLeith
10-11-2017, 09:32 AM
So if you were to park in the Sainsbury's car park, whats the quickest way to get there to and from Easter Road now?

10-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Perhaps someone who lives in the area could contact their local MSP/Councillor to find out when/if the path will re-open? They may actually be improving it?! Just a thought. Appreciate it's going to be a big inconvenience for lots of Hibbys.

JimBHibees
10-11-2017, 09:36 AM
So if you were to park in the Sainsbury's car park, whats the quickest way to get there to and from Easter Road now?

Either via Abbeyhill or through Lochend park.

Betty Boop
10-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Meadowbamk retail park shops have a problem with football traffic. Same with Tesco Duke Street. To be fair they have a point.

eastender1
10-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Just got an email back from Places for People - all hail the power of Hibs.net..

In response to concerns raised by members of the community about receiving short notice regarding the closure of the link path to Moray Park Terrace for essential works, I can confirm that we have agreed to delay closure until later this month to allow you to make alternative arrangements if required. Once plans are finalised, the exact dates the route will be closed will be shown on noticeboards which will be erected at either end of the walkway. The path will re-open after three days.

We also draw your attention to construction work taking place in the new year which will again result in closure of the path. We are working together with City of Edinburgh Council to establish measures we must comply with to ensure public safety throughout the construction phase. We will be able to provide you with full details of what to expect as soon as this programme is agreed.

Tinribs
10-11-2017, 10:31 AM
Just got an email back from Places for People - all hail the power of Hibs.net..

Good work 👍

green day
10-11-2017, 11:11 AM

I just got the same, word for word. I have asked him to confirm that both closures will be 3 days(ish).....which seems to be what his email says.

Seems a lot of grief could have been avoided if they communicated properly in he first place.

Swedish hibee
10-11-2017, 11:39 AM
I did not know there was a Lawrie reilly street! Does it have a street sign? Where is it? I must have a walk down when next in Edinburgh. .

lord bunberry
10-11-2017, 11:44 AM
I did not know there was a Lawrie reilly street! Does it have a street sign? Where is it? I must have a walk down when next in Edinburgh. .
It’s behind the Sainsbury’s, it’s called Lawrie Reilly Place I think.

green day
10-11-2017, 11:44 AM

Go through the pathway behind Sainsbury's and when it emerges at the bridge there is a street sign right in front of you.p

Mikey
10-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Nice one. It's a very useful cut through.

Oscar T Grouch
10-11-2017, 05:03 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/lawrie-reilly-s-widow-delighted-by-street-name-1-3416633

Halmyre Hibee
10-11-2017, 05:35 PM
My dad who is 85 stays in Albion Gardens and needs this access to get to the shops.

I got this response on his behalf :

"In response to concerns raised by members of the community about receiving short notice regarding the closure of the link path to Moray Park Terrace for essential works, I can confirm that we have agreed to delay closure until later this month to allow you to make alternative arrangements if required. Once plans are finalised, the exact dates the route will be closed will be shown on noticeboards which will be erected at either end of the walkway. The path will re-open after three days.

We also draw your attention to construction work taking place in the new year which will again result in closure of the path. We are working together with City of Edinburgh Council to establish measures we must comply with to ensure public safety throughout the construction phase. We will be able to provide you with full details of what to expect as soon as this programme is agreed.

We understand that the footpath is a very convenient route for residents and, ideally, we would like to be in position to offer an equally suitable access link. A new link to Crawford Bridge could provide an alternative route, regrettably the delay in bringing this forward has been outwith our control. We will have been working closely with City of Edinburgh Council and Network Rail to try to resolve this prior to the commencement of phase 1, and we will continue to do so.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the essential closure of the footpath, and going forward we will keep you fully informed of plans affecting your access routes using the site noticeboards. "

green day
13-11-2017, 10:45 AM
I just got the same, word for word. I have asked him to confirm that both closures will be 3 days(ish).....which seems to be what his email says.

Seems a lot of grief could have been avoided if they communicated properly in he first place.

So, the closure next year sounds a lot longer........

"We are trying to minimise this as much as possible, however there could be a much longer duration of closure when we begin major construction work next to the path early in the year. We are looking at all options to keep this closure as short as possible, however I cannot confirm exactly how long this will be at this stage"

Mikey
16-11-2017, 09:27 PM
So it's open this weekend then, yeah?

green day
16-11-2017, 09:59 PM
So it's open this weekend then, yeah?

I think so yeah. If not, it's probably part of Rod Petrie's big conspiracy/cover up. Apparently everything else is 😉

Bishop Hibee
16-11-2017, 10:19 PM
Pal of the wife lives in Lawrie Reilly Place and is absolutely raging about this. She's high up in a local housing association so is right on the ball with what developers can and can't do. All about Places for People saving money as they build the next stage of the development. She's had real problems with her new build including damp but apparently nothing compared to some on the street! All Hibees and local residents who use this need to put pressure on the council and developer to keep the route open.

KWJ
23-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Any update on this? Nothing helpful on the signs now at the path.

vuefrom1875
07-12-2017, 04:52 PM
On the path closure between sainsbury at Meadowbank to the ground.

kaimendhibs
09-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Is the path closed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HIBS1968
10-12-2017, 08:22 AM
Does anyone know if the path is open ? Thanks

Alex Trager
10-12-2017, 08:28 AM
It’s open as of last night

HIBS1968
10-12-2017, 08:43 AM
It’s open as of last night

Thanks 👍

kaimendhibs
10-12-2017, 09:58 AM
It’s open as of last nightCheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

KWJ
10-12-2017, 10:01 AM
It's been delayed to next year

BullsCloseHibs
10-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Can you see this path on Google maps? I can't think where it is.

NGP
29-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Meeting friends at The Hoppy tomorrow, 1st time I will have headed to ER from that side. I'm not sure where this path is, can someone give details?

fat freddy
29-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Meeting friends at The Hoppy tomorrow, 1st time I will have headed to ER from that side. I'm not sure where this path is, can someone give details?

Walk down the street past the eastern elevation of Sainsbury's. You will see a steady stream of punters heading in the same direction

NGP
29-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Walk down the street past the eastern elevation of Sainsbury's. You will see a steady stream of punters heading in the same direction

Thanks. 👍

The Harp
29-12-2017, 10:15 PM

Good directions FF.
Great wee shortcut to the stadium from Abbeyhill/Meadowbank. Will be using it tomorrow too.

green day
27-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Just had an update on this today -

Good Morning Mr Scottish Cup Winner

UPDATE ON FOOTPATH

It is our intention to keep everyone informed with updated signs at the footpath regarding any new information we have.

Closure of the footpath will take place, we expect in all 2-3 months, however it remains our aim to provide a temporary access next to the footpath in order to prevent any inconvenience.

This temporary route will remain in place until we can re-open the walkway, following completion of the adjacent construction works.

Your Sincerely

Which reads to me that - whatever works they are doing - some access will remain, hooray !

Golden Bear
27-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Just had an update on this today -

Good Morning Mr Scottish Cup Winner

UPDATE ON FOOTPATH

It is our intention to keep everyone informed with updated signs at the footpath regarding any new information we have.

Closure of the footpath will take place, we expect in all 2-3 months, however it remains our aim to provide a temporary access next to the footpath in order to prevent any inconvenience.

This temporary route will remain in place until we can re-open the walkway, following completion of the adjacent construction works.

Your Sincerely

Which reads to me that - whatever works they are doing - some access will remain, hooray !

Excellent, it's a handy wee shortcut between the pub and the stadium.

:aok:

we are hibs
27-02-2018, 10:34 AM
will I be able to cut through this way next week before the Derby? Are there any barriers stopping you from getting from that side of the ground around to the ticket office?

CapitalGreen
27-02-2018, 10:40 AM
will I be able to cut through this way next week before the Derby? Are there any barriers stopping you from getting from that side of the ground around to the ticket office?

You'll be fine pre-match

Hibrandenburg
27-02-2018, 11:21 AM
You'll be fine pre-match

Hope the snow plough has been through and it's been gritted. :greengrin

green day
27-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Hope the snow plough has been through and it's been gritted. :greengrin

There was a night match a month or so back, rain had fallen and temps were low - walked that way and Lawrie Reilly way was like an ice rink - just about went on my arse !

Alex Trager
27-02-2018, 12:08 PM
There was a night match a month or so back, rain had fallen and temps were low - walked that way and Lawrie Reilly way was like an ice rink - just about went on my arse !

I live on that street and it is really bad when it’s icy. It’s odd because as soon as you get onto tarmac it’s miles better

we are hibs
27-02-2018, 12:44 PM
You'll be fine pre-match

Cheers. Usually in from the lochend side :aok:

JeMeSouviens
27-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Can you see this path on Google maps? I can't think where it is.

https://goo.gl/maps/mz4bRxPpQjk

It's enclosed by a big fence now and Lawrie Reilly Place is built.

hibbysam
27-02-2018, 02:25 PM
You'll be fine pre-match

And post match. You just have to go use the road to the flats before lochend Park to get there.

Higgy115
30-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Will this path be open this Saturday?

Eyrie
30-03-2018, 08:19 PM

I hope so, but I don't know either.

bingo70
31-03-2018, 06:31 AM

Sure I read somewhere they had decided to keep it open indefinitely and there were no plans to close it any more?

GordonHFC
31-03-2018, 07:17 AM
How do you get to this from the stadium?

One Day
31-03-2018, 07:19 AM
Sure I read somewhere they had decided to keep it open indefinitely and there were no plans to close it any more?

Good

Big_Franck
31-03-2018, 07:42 AM
How do you get to this from the stadium?

Dont know the street names but if you were coming out the south stand you'd turn left and then take the first right. The paths at the bottom of that wee road then. There's normally a crowd of people going towards the path after games so you cant miss it.

bingo70
31-03-2018, 11:25 AM
Definitely open, just walked through it.

SChibs
31-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Can you park in the car park without any bother? I know you don't really have to pay the fines these places hand out but I'd rather not get one either way

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Can you park in the car park without any bother? I know you don't really have to pay the fines these places hand out but I'd rather not get one either way

Yes mate - I think it’s a 4 hour limit anyway so bags of time.

SChibs
31-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Yes mate - I think it’s a 4 hour limit anyway so bags of time.

Cheers

Hibs53
03-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Cheers

Does anyone know if we use the path tonight can we enter the East Stand from there without walking all the way round?

JeMeSouviens
03-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know if we use the path tonight can we enter the East Stand from there without walking all the way round?

Yes, you can (or at least I did on Saturday).

Hibs53
03-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Yes, you can (or at least I did on Saturday).
Thanks

hibbymark
03-04-2018, 04:48 PM

The path eventually comes out near the back of the South stand. There isn’t access to the east from there so it’s along the outside of the west to the ticket office and round past the shop unfortunately

JimBHibees
03-04-2018, 04:50 PM
The path eventually comes out near the back of the South stand. There isn’t access to the east from there so it’s along the outside of the west to the ticket office and round past the shop unfortunately

I thought you could if there were Hibs fans in the south.

hibbymark
03-04-2018, 04:51 PM
I thought you could if there were Hibs fans in the south.

You could be right now that there’s Hibs fans in the south but it’s not normally open

3pm
03-04-2018, 04:57 PM

Was open on Saturday.