PDA

View Full Version : McGregor and Swanson

Ardenttwo
09-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Anybody got a clue when anyone of these two will start for Hibs. McGregor we were told could be back for the Herts game Well that is long gone so I presume his knee injury is taking longer than inticipated to clear up. Danny has been in the courthouse as a witness but that seems to be going on for a long time also.

JimBHibees
09-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Anybody got a clue when anyone of these two will start for Hibs. McGregor we were told could be back for the Herts game Well that is long gone so I presume his knee injury is taking longer than inticipated to clear up. Danny has been in the courthouse as a witness but that seems to be going on for a long time also.

Danny got injured in training before the derby, medial ligament I think so probably 4-6 weeks from then.

Jones28
09-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Don't think Daz will start even when he is fit, Hanlon and Ambrose have been playing well.

Brightside
09-11-2017, 12:16 PM

McGregor is back in full training. Would expect to see him on the bench for the next game.

California-Hibs
09-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Don't think Daz will start even when he is fit, Hanlon and Ambrose have been playing well.

Been thinking this. A good headache to have because I really like McGregor.

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-11-2017, 01:50 PM

Could go 3 at the back:

.........................Rocky.................... .......

.......Daz..........Ambrose.........Hanlon.......

........................Marv...................... .......

Whits............................................L ewis

................Mcgeouch....McGinn...............

................Murray.........Stokes............. ..

JimBHibees
09-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Could go 3 at the back:

No way I would be dropping Boyle any time soon has scored in the last 3 games.

Ardenttwo
09-11-2017, 04:18 PM

Just thinking the same Why fix it if it aint broken. Thing McGregor will not get his place back automatically

berwickhibee
09-11-2017, 05:47 PM
Danny got injured in training before the derby, medial ligament I think so probably 4-6 weeks from then.

Danny hoping to be back training next week.article on official site.

ancient hibee
09-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Could go 3 at the back:

When we are trying to play fast attacking football don’t think a team with six defensive players will cut it.

California-Hibs
09-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Could go 3 at the back:

Not for me. Boyle and Barker are two of the main reasons we’re flying in the league right now!

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Not for me. Boyle and Barker are two of the main reasons we’re flying in the league right now!

:agree: The pace we are showing down BOTH wings at times, is making teams sit deeper, therefore giving our midfield more space to work in.

And i dont want to see Lewis Stevenson as a wingback unless we are struggling for bodies.

WhileTheChief..
09-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Take out Whitts and L ewis , bring in Boyle and Barker.

Dashing Bob S
09-11-2017, 09:00 PM
:agree: The pace we are showing down BOTH wings at times, is making teams sit deeper, therefore giving our midfield more space to work in.

And i dont want to see Lewis Stevenson as a wingback unless we are struggling for bodies.

100% this. McGinn and McGeoch loads more room to operate in compared to last season where it could get quite turgid.

pacoluna
09-11-2017, 09:07 PM

Stevenson can't play wing back full stop.

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2017, 10:11 PM

Scottish cup final Lewis was excellent there. He cant consistently play that role to a high level but he can play it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Certainly points towards the quality of the squad just now that these two boys will struggle to get a regular start. Daz in particular may need to wait for injuries and suspensions.

overdrive
10-11-2017, 06:23 AM

Yet he was far better there in the second half on Saturday than he was at left back on Saturday.

mjhibby
10-11-2017, 06:36 AM
Certainly points towards the quality of the squad just now that these two boys will struggle to get a regular start. Daz in particular may need to wait for injuries and suspensions.

Certainly does show the strength of the squad but will be glad when they are both fit and battling for contention as injuries and suspensions happen. Our bench hasn't been strong the last few games and I'll feel better about the team when the injured players are back. Porteus and shaw have shown they are good players to be able to bring on but wouldn't want to rely on them for a long period of time. Rather bring them along gradually.