PDA

View Full Version : FAO Marathonbet

Mikey
08-11-2017, 04:31 PM
:aok:

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Have they paid out on edinburgh's slightly smaller team being relegated already?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Well done. It's wound them up big time. P.s maybe proof read next time 😂

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Hearts have shown themselves for what they are today, two faced! It’s alright for their own players to tweet ***** but anyone have a laugh at them then it’s follow The Rangers and fire out statements.

Embarrassing, and shows they are having a real meltdown over everything!

Hibee87
08-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Hearts have shown themselves for what they are today, two faced! It’s alright for their own players to tweet ***** but anyone have a laugh at them then it’s follow The Rangers and fire out statements.

Not even the rangers have made statements about the jibes that paddy power aim at them. That says it all :faf:

Hibby70
08-11-2017, 04:49 PM
What did the Marathon bet tweet actually say (not the text in the image)

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 04:52 PM

No self confessed big team release a statement over what was ment as a bit of banter. Like you say, they should maybe look closer to home before releasing statements condemning others.

Northernhibee
08-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Since 2014
Since 2014
You've no beat the wee team
Since 2014

marinello59
08-11-2017, 04:58 PM

Budge is feeling the pressure knowing her own incompetent leadership is being exposed so it’s a case of follow follow sevcos lead and deflect as much as she can.

BoomtownHibees
08-11-2017, 04:59 PM
What did the Marathon bet tweet actually say (not the text in the image)

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-11-2017, 04:59 PM

MB probably shouldn't have included the one with a derogatory term but other than that I agree with your post.

What an embarrassment they are and their statement didn't even specifically refer to a derogatory term just that nobody should ever slag them!!

They used to have snide digs at our club ahead of and during derby matches at tynie but can't stand anything in return even though their "star" "striker" is at it on a daily basis about us 😂😂😂

Ringothedog
08-11-2017, 05:00 PM
This is the same club who have shown us no respect for decades,they are a shower of moaning two faced toss pots who have no class whatsoever and as for their new stand it is as crap as their club is and deserves all the slagging it is getting.

Well done marathonbet.

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 05:00 PM
Their club is soft as **** both on and off the park. Pleasing

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Also can't decide if I prefer diet statement FC or mini statement FC as their official title.

Probably the former

H18 SFR
08-11-2017, 05:08 PM
What was the term? Can't read it.

Hibby70
08-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Also can't decide if I prefer diet statement FC or mini statement FC.

Probably the former

Fight!!!!

IlDiavola
08-11-2017, 05:11 PM
What was the term? Can't read it.

It's a derogatory term for people who have Down syndrome. The word begins with an M.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-11-2017, 05:12 PM
It's a derogatory term for people who have Down syndrome. The word begins with an M.

Rhymes with Congo

Billy Whizz
08-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Rhymes with Congo

It’s a terrible word, from a lifetime ago

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Dear Marathon Bet

Please change name to "boring" and be legends.

IlDiavola
08-11-2017, 05:16 PM
It’s a terrible word, from a lifetime ago

Correct. :thumbsup:

Nothing funny about it then and nothing funny now.

RoscoHibby
08-11-2017, 05:16 PM
They are taking embarrassing to unparalleled levels these yams.

Have they not got an official Twitter account they could respond to this sort of thing? Instead of auld budgie firing up Cathro' s old laptop and trying to slaver as much as the great man..

Mikey
08-11-2017, 05:17 PM
This is the same club who have shown us no respect for decades

Yep. I don't remember Hibs throwing a hissy fit when their CEO called us "docksiders".

They're a joke and they'll be slagged off accordingly.

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Correct. :thumbsup:

Nothing funny about it then and nothing funny now.

They removed it and left the other 3 pics. I don’t think the person read what was on the picture. Horrible word but Marathon Bet done nothing wrong with the other tweet!

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 05:22 PM
This is the same club who have shown us no respect for decades,they are a shower of moaning two faced toss pots who have no class whatsoever and as for their new stand it is as crap as their club is and deserves all the slagging it is getting.

Well done marathonbet.[emoji106]

Mind the gap.

Ringothedog
08-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Yep. I don't remember Hibs throwing a hissy fit when their CEO called us "docksiders".

That's one, we also had the mad submariner doing his "shoosh" sign to us and don't get me started on Scott Wilson

SouthMoroccoStu
08-11-2017, 05:34 PM
I think it's hilarious they complained to hibs

Just Jimmy
08-11-2017, 05:35 PM
From a club who employed an egg chaser who publically refered to us as 'docksiders'

Do one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mikey
08-11-2017, 05:37 PM
I think it's hilarious they complained to hibs

It gets the hordes onside ahead of the next delay announcement.

I wonder who she'll blame? It could be anyone........ except herself.

lyonhibs
08-11-2017, 05:37 PM

Docksiders Vs *****s is perhaps not the best comparison. The word used (not by Marathonbet directly clearly) is probably the most unacceptable term of abuse out there IMO.

A bit of an own goal to not have noticed it and they're correct to have pulled the post.

The motivation behind their post was spot on and the pompous Hearts official statement is laughable, that much is clear.

Mikey
08-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Docksiders Vs *****s is perhaps not the best comparison. The word used (not by Marathonbet directly clearly) is probably the most unacceptable term of abuse out there IMO.

A bit of an own goal to not have noticed it and they're correct to have pulled the post.

The motivation behind their post was spot on and the pompous Hearts official statement is laughable, that much is clear.

I wasn't comparing.

lord bunberry
08-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Best sponsor ever. I bet they’re loving all this free publicity as well.

wookie70
08-11-2017, 05:48 PM
I'm fine mickey taking as that was banter but their proof reader needs a word in his ear

Jones28
08-11-2017, 05:53 PM
I'm fine mickey taking as that was banter but their proof reader needs a word in his ear

I think he'll a P45 shoved up him for that.

As much as I agree with the sentiment/wind-up that takes a bit of the shine off the goal.

Elephant Stone
08-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Heart of Midlothian Football Club is disappointed to see a partner of the game in Scotland attempt to ridicule the club based on misinformation and the use of potentially offensive and inappropriate language.
This is perhaps indicative of yet another trend which sees those who gain so much from the game, attempt to demean it rather than support it.
For the avoidance of doubt, modifications to our existing control room are scheduled to take place as has already been fully explained to our supporters.

If I didn't know who that statement was from I'd be willing to guess that it was from a club who hadn't won a derby match in several years.

heidtheba
08-11-2017, 06:11 PM
A professional company using an image with the phrase 'mo&*o' on it? Ok, someone made a huge mistake there in letting that go through. That's not great. But there's no way I can see anyway to defend that as banter. It's a horrific word, one of the top ones from a time we've hopefully moved on from.
I can't see any of that, or defence of it, as banter.

Kato
08-11-2017, 06:16 PM
A professional company using an image with the phrase 'mo&*o' on it? Ok, someone made a huge mistake there in letting that go through. That's not great. But there's no way I can see anyway to defend that as banter. It's a horrific word, one of the top ones from a time we've hopefully moved on from.

There is no defence for it, which is why they took it down once they realised the word was on one of the images used.

IlDiavola
08-11-2017, 06:21 PM
There is no defence for it, which is why they took it down once they realised the word was on one of the images used.

Does anyone know if the boy who penned the word has been dealt with by MB?

heidtheba
08-11-2017, 06:21 PM

True. But I'd have expected a lot more condemnation on here tbh.

Kato
08-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know if the boy who penned the word has been dealt with by MB?

I think they filched the images from someone else and just uploaded them, no-one there penned the word it was on the images they used/stole/borrowed.

Gatecrasher
08-11-2017, 06:25 PM
I'm going to open an account just for this. Anything to get under their skin. Nice to see they have chosen the statement route like their big brothers :thumbsup:

Kato
08-11-2017, 06:25 PM
True. But I'd have expected a lot more condemnation on here tbh.

Plenty on the other thread.

IlDiavola
08-11-2017, 06:26 PM
I think they filched the images from someone else and just uploaded them, no-one there penned the word it was on the images they used/stole/borrowed.

OK Thanks.

heidtheba
08-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Plenty on the other thread.

Sorry Kato, I think I've missed that - which thread? Ta

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 06:29 PM

It was removed right away once they seen what was written on the pic. Clearly they posted all 4 pics without proof reading the wording. As it wasn’t them who wrote it and then removed the pic with the offensive term MB have done nothing wrong.

NAE NOOKIE
08-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Heart of Midlothian Football Club is disappointed to see a partner of the game in Scotland attempt to ridicule the club based on misinformation and the use of potentially offensive and inappropriate language.
This is perhaps indicative of yet another trend which sees those who gain so much from the game, attempt to demean it rather than support it.
For the avoidance of doubt, modifications to our existing control room are scheduled to take place as has already been fully explained to our supporters.

If I didn't know who that statement was from I'd be willing to guess that it was from a club who hadn't won a derby match in several years.

They have a point about the unfortunate use of the word in question ... which if I understand correctly was a retweet and quickly pulled when Marathon Bet realised it. Its a shame the Yams were inadvertently given the chance to deflect from what is a great bit of piss taking.

The rest of their statement is typical humourless Yam moaning prompted by their sense of self importance, they never did have the ability to laugh at themselves, which is unfortunate for a club that are pretty bloody good at dishing it out. As for "one of Scottish footballs partners who gain from the game" who are they kidding? Scottish football needs the likes of Marathon Bet a lot more than they need us ... something the Yams would do well to remember.

Anyway .... nice one Marathon Bet, probably the best sponsor we have ever had :greengrin :top marks

heidtheba
08-11-2017, 06:32 PM
It was removed right away once they seen what was written on the pic. Clearly they posted all 4 pics without proof reading the wording. As it wasn’t them who wrote it and then removed the pic with the offensive term MB have done nothing wrong.

I was more meaning on here, we were a few post in on this thread before anyone really said it was a totally inappropriate thing.

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 06:35 PM
I was more meaning on here, we were a few post in on this thread before anyone really said it was a totally inappropriate thing.

Ah right, I’m sure we’d all agree it’s a horrible word and to be fair haven’t heard for a long time thankfully.

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 06:35 PM
Their owner calling us docksiders, their fans physically attacking rival managers and players, constant homophobic chants, mocking blindness and sectarian songs. They have more faces than Big Ben that lot. I'm loving watching them squirm. Long may it continue.

Kato
08-11-2017, 06:36 PM
They have a point about the unfortunate use of the word in question ... which if I understand correctly was a retweet and quickly pulled when Marathon Bet realised it. Its a shame the Yams were inadvertently given the chance to deflect from what is a great bit of piss taking.

...but they aren't they seem more cheesed off that the stand was taking pelters in that statement.

Kato
08-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Sorry Kato, I think I've missed that - which thread? Ta

The "Hearts New Stand" thread .

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 06:54 PM

Nobody is saying that is banter. That's a **** up of a mistake, the rest is banter.

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 06:55 PM

It was a few posts before people realised what the word is.

Nobody on here has said the pic with the word is banter, not one person.

heidtheba
08-11-2017, 07:01 PM
It was a few posts before people realised what the word is.

Nobody on here has said the pic with the word is banter, not one person.

Ah ok, fair enough. Ta for clearing that up.

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 07:04 PM
Listen no matter what the stand is a ****ing joke and everyone is laughing because of the pig headed way they went about it as If they were the only club in the universe to build a stand. It looks **** all like what they said it would as well.

So get it right ****ing up any of yo **** wits looking in.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Ive tried reading the writing on that pic but cant.... can someone let me know what it says...

KDY Hibs
08-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Listen no matter what the stand is a ****ing joke and everyone is laughing because of the pig headed way they went about it as If they were the only club in the universe to build a stand. It looks **** all like what they said it would as well.

So get it right ****ing up any of yo **** wits looking in.

This.

easty
08-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Ive tried reading the writing on that pic but cant.... can someone let me know what it says...

No bad design, over 200 seat can't see the goals.........rhymes with bongos!!

JJP
08-11-2017, 07:32 PM

I doubt anyone will repeat that word on a public forum. It’s a vulgar word for someone with a mental handicap.

davhibby
08-11-2017, 07:34 PM
The Hearts statement was all about someone slagging their precious stand and not really anything to do with the language in the picture. They really are in a very bad place right now as a club and long may it continue

S4uzee
08-11-2017, 07:34 PM
I think these so called jibes need to stop, maybe start ripping them a bit if we manage to win the Scottish ..

Keith_M
08-11-2017, 07:40 PM
The Hearts statement was all about someone slagging their precious stand and not really anything to do with the language in the picture. They really are in a very bad place right now as a club and long may it continue

They definitely seemed to be more upset by that than any offensive term.

The truth is, even after the police box is modified, they'll still have seats in a brand new stand where you can't see all of the pitch. If that's not a cock-up then I don't know what is.

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 07:42 PM
The thing is, after ramming them so many times and ramming their 1902 plus their *****y new stand with all the delays and the laughs I kind of forgot why I can't stand they ********s. They all remind me of the manager from Phoenix Nights. Revisionist tossers to a person. Have the apologised for the findings of Wongo or Ukio Bankas' money laundering in the past yet that funding their club and kept them alive whilst riding all the other creditors? Didn't think so.

seanshow
08-11-2017, 07:46 PM
The argument is about to get a run out on Peter and Roughies fitba show..nxt few mins stv2

Northernhibee
08-11-2017, 07:48 PM
The thing is, after ramming them so many times and ramming their 1902 plus their *****y new stand with all the delta and the laughs I kind of forgot why I can't stand they ********s. They all remind me of the manager from Phoenix Nights. Revisionist tossers to a person. Have the apologised for the findings of Wongo or Ukio Bankas' money laundering in the past yet that funding their club and kept them alive whilst riding all the other creditors? Didn't think so.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173277-romanov-still-alive-and-kicking/&

On their front page

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 07:57 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173277-romanov-still-alive-and-kicking/&

On their front page

Case in point proven there. So much wrong with that its mental yet morally outraged at a tweet from our sponsor. Clowns. They are hurting, make no mistake.

lapsedhibee
08-11-2017, 07:57 PM

On their front page

Jeezo, even with full hindsight they're deluded simpletons.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2017, 08:18 PM
I can't believe they released a statement. Laughable.

It was a stupid oversight by Marathonbet but that's not really what the statement is all about.

Eyrie
08-11-2017, 08:24 PM
The only thing Marathonbet did wrong was not properly checking the images. They've now fixed that.

Meanwhile our ever loathable neighbours are whining about being ridiculed over their own stupidity, which only exposes their hypocrisy given how ready they and their fans are to engage in "banter" about us.

Northernhibee
08-11-2017, 08:37 PM
The only thing Marathonbet did wrong was not properly checking the images. They've now fixed that.

Meanwhile our ever loathable neighbours are whining about being ridiculed over their own stupidity, which only exposes their hypocrisy given how ready they and their fans are to engage in "banter" about us.

The reason for it is that they absolutely hate losing to us and us laughing at them. They damn near bankrupted themselves trying to out-do us.

Now the foot is on the other boot and we're not only better on the pitch but off it as well it's damaging their wee egos. Better run club, better players, better football, better results. They absolutely hate it.

heretoday
08-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Marathon Bet should keep out of politics and concentrate on filching people's hard-earned.

O'Rourke3
08-11-2017, 08:56 PM

On their front page
No shame there is there. No guilt either. Unbelievable.

pacoluna
08-11-2017, 09:14 PM

eyesandears eyesandears
Posted 1 hour ago
He's a legend, PHM and most importantly a winner. We owe him for some of the biggest and best days of our Hearts supporting lives. My FoH donations and monthly subs are as much a thank you to Vlad as a boost to our future.

Oh and he totally owned Hibs. Not done that since he and BDO left the building.

Just hope he didn't have to pay for his basketball ticket.

Hail King Vlad, love live Queen Ann.

They just don't get it do they?

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Even the most deluded cretins in the history of the world can't stand moonbeams that's despite him using others money on new stadiums, training grounds, champions leagues, ***** loads of trophies, amazing players, 9 in a row etc, they all despise David Murray. Yet Romanov
Got it up the Hibs and left them in a worse position than Murray left the Huns and they love him. I can see why they are rimming budgie (ffs) and putting up with Potter as Budge saved the club but Romanov? He was a monthly pisstake who ruined them. Crazy then and even more so now that they fluked coming out the other end.

Jack Hackett
08-11-2017, 09:20 PM

It's a variation of Stockholm Syndrome. He spotted them for the mugs they are, promised them the moon then shat on them and their club... and they love him for it.

Mental... but then we knew that :jamboclow

Clerie Green
08-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Feeling their pain , long may it continue, pleasing :greengrin

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 09:43 PM
eyesandears eyesandears
Posted 1 hour ago
He's a legend, PHM and most importantly a winner. We owe him for some of the biggest and best days of our Hearts supporting lives. My FoH donations and monthly subs are as much a thank you to Vlad as a boost to our future.

Oh and he totally owned Hibs. Not done that since he and BDO left the building.

Just hope he didn't have to pay for his basketball ticket.

Hail King Vlad, love live Queen Ann.

They just don't get it do they?

Nope, he spent the money that should have gone to the Poppy fund (for example) doing whatever it is they claim he achieved, and plenty besides - see their very own creditors list. The Poppy fund, another body where one of their "special relationships" exists. Why would they misappropriate that money, own up to it then idolise the guy that done a runner and left them with the stigma for the foreseeable future?

Odd people, I really hope they enjoy the next decade or two.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Mind when Callum Patterson tweeted "all the Hibees are gay" on the morning of a derby when he played for them. What a hoot that was. Better fire out a statement when a sponsor pokes fun at their shambolic stand. Absolute lemons

Deansy
08-11-2017, 09:48 PM
I'm going to open an account just for this. Anything to get under their skin. Nice to see they have chosen the statement route like their big brothers :thumbsup:

Probably a very good chance it was penned by a certain James Traynor - two clubs with so much in common it makes sense that they share their PR dept !!

Jeezo, even with full hindsight they're deluded simpletons.

Tbh, I think, much like on here, a lot of these posts will be written knowing that our fans tend to look-in on them !. Well, that and a number of them from the ones who are proud of their club's cheating - a very large number of them !

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Mind when Callum Patterson tweeted "all the Hibees are gay" on the morning of a derby when he played for them. What a hoot that was. Better fire out a statement when a sponsor pokes fun at their shambolic stand. Absolute lemons

Surprising that. Not doubting you mind.

Crazyhorse
08-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Nope, he spent the money that should have gone to the Poppy fund (for example) doing whatever it is they claim he achieved, and plenty besides - see their very own creditors list. The Poppy fund, another body where one of their "special relationships" exists. Why would they misappropriate that money, own up to it then idolise the guy that done a runner and left them with the stigma for the foreseeable future?

Odd people, I really hope they enjoy the next decade or two.

Some jambos see the millions he stole as paying for a couple of cup wins (e.g. Lord Pish Stains)and they don't care about the charities and damage caused to the other victims. If they had ended up liquidated their views would be different I guess.

Other jambos think he was a disgrace but too many still seem to revel in the rather paltry success his criminal activities brought to hearts. All rather sevco-ish and like sevco they are suffering now and hopefully for a lot longer...

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Surprising that. Not doubting you mind.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171108/188362fbbb2b930d4a0071197d1707a8.jpg

As I say, no statement of condemnation then. Absolute cretins.

Deansy
09-11-2017, 12:52 AM
The reason for it is that they absolutely hate losing to us and us laughing at them. They damn near bankrupted themselves trying to out-do us.

Now the foot is on the other boot and we're not only better on the pitch but off it as well it's damaging their wee egos. Better run club, better players, better football, better results. They absolutely hate it.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well - I think what's really 'boiling their urine' right now is the fact that we're light-years ahead of them in all areas and that we've achieved this via HONEST-MEANS !. 30+ years of 'Other People's Money' has left them totally ignorant of other ways to succeed outwith cheating !

Firestarter
09-11-2017, 07:42 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171108/188362fbbb2b930d4a0071197d1707a8.jpg

As I say, no statement of condemnation then. Absolute cretins.

Thanks. More disappointed at him than that club.

Michael
09-11-2017, 07:52 AM
Thanks. More disappointed at him than that club.

To be fair, he was only 17 then.

jakedance
09-11-2017, 08:21 AM
I wonder if a self confident club, fully in control of an infrastructure build, flying high in the league and dominating derbies would have dignified such a piss take with an official statement?

Ringothedog
09-11-2017, 08:35 AM

At what age is does it become unacceptable, 18, 19 ?

Bostonhibby
09-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Did I miss their condemnation and indignant outrage at this plum?

I don't think he thought he was in the third reich by mistake.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171109/a3210ceea291a832ac9d063f4031f967.jpg

-Jonesy-
09-11-2017, 08:58 AM

Oh cool!! Can you then please list in order of youngest to oldest when the following become unacceptable due to age:

Racism
Sexism
Agism
Prejudice against the disabled
Rape
Incest
Following the hertz

Thanks for clearing this up for me

Peevemor
09-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Look at how Hibs reacted to BT Sport over the semi final advert - with humour (but making a point all the same), which was then reciprocated by BT Sport.

Hearts, who take themselves far too seriously, don't have that in them.

I know what approach I prefer.

jacomo
09-11-2017, 09:31 AM

It's poor from MB but they are hardly the first company to try to be a bit 'edgy' on Twitter and get it wrong.

As said elsewhere, Hearts aren't bothered by the offensive word but are incredibly thin-skinned about their new stand. Their laughable statement makes that clear.

The irony is that had they focused on the offensive word they could have claimed the moral high ground. But their real focus is criticism of the police box.

In short: it's absolutely still ok to laugh at the Jambos.

1875STEVE
09-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Can someone explain the "docksiders" comment.

I must have been in hibernation when it happened. :rolleyes:

Who said it and when???

lapsedhibee
09-11-2017, 10:01 AM

Who said it and when???

Phil Anderton, CEO of The Famous in the early Vlad era. Also "Lochenders". Yams lapped him and his eyebrows up.

Peevemor
09-11-2017, 10:02 AM

Who said it and when???

Former Hearts chief exec (or something) Firework Phil Anderton referred to us offhandly as "the docksiders" in an interview - 2005.

hibbyfraelibby
09-11-2017, 10:03 AM

Who said it and when???

Tbh could not care less about the "docksider" comment. Coming from a long line of Leith Dockers I look upon that epitath with a sense of pride.

WellingtonHibby
09-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Tbh could not care less about the "docksider" comment. Coming from a long line of Leith Dockers I look upon that epitath with a sense of pride.

Epitaph or epithet?

easty
09-11-2017, 10:19 AM
Oh cool!! Can you then please list in order of youngest to oldest when the following become unacceptable due to age:

Racism
Sexism
Agism
Rape
Incest
Following the hertz

Thanks for clearing this up for me

Here you go -

Following the hertz
Rape
Incest
Racism
Sexism
Agism

1875STEVE
09-11-2017, 10:19 AM
Phil Anderton, CEO of The Famous in the early Vlad era. Also "Lochenders". Yams lapped him and his eyebrows up.

Former Hearts chief exec (or something) Firework Phil Anderton referred to us offhandly as "the docksiders" in an interview - 2005.

Cheers guys.

Not sure why I missed it.

Duno why the Yams lapped it up??

Strange people. :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
09-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Tbh could not care less about the "docksider" comment. Coming from a long line of Leith Dockers I look upon that epitath with a sense of pride.Hear hear. The term will be around for at least as long as the stigma of the Poppy thieves one I'm sure.

hibbyfraelibby
09-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Epitaph or epithet?

Knew I should have put "badge of honour" instead of trying to look like an educated beyond my station docker😁

Arch Stanton
09-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Times move on I guess as 'docksider' isn't terribly meaningful these days - I understand 'vermin' is the insult of choice these days - AB should take note.:greengrin

Back to the tweet, I must say I was taken aback at MB insulting a section of their customer base. However, I guess if you don't know the background it does look like they have made the most horrendous blunder. I can just imagine it appearing on Have I Got News For You.

WellingtonHibby
10-11-2017, 02:11 AM
Knew I should have put "badge of honour" instead of trying to look like an educated beyond my station docker😁

Tsk, Docksider... (!)