PDA

View Full Version : Next 3 Fixtures

The Harp Awakes
07-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Our next 3 games are; St Johnstone (h), Hamilton (a) and Partick (a). We have a history of falling flat on our faces, when being in a good position, but the way we're playing we must have decent chance of bagging more points from those fixtures.

At the end of the month/early December, the Rangers play Aberdeen twice in the space of 4 days. Points dropped guaranteed there, so a crucial spell coming up for the Hibees:flag:

Hibee87
07-11-2017, 04:22 PM
Our next 3 games are; St Johnstone (h), Hamilton (a) and Partick (a). We have a history of falling flat on our faces, when being in a good position, but the way we're playing we must have decent chance of bagging more points from those fixtures.

At the end of the month/early December, the Rangers play Aberdeen twice in the space of 4 days. Points dropped guaranteed there, so a crucial spell coming up for the Hibees:flag:

We have a very tough December. Celtic and rangers at home. Aberdeen away. Hearts away with Partick, Ross county and Kili sandwiched between those games. IF we can get maximum pointsin the next 3 it will set us up hopefully for a very entertaining (albeit expensive) festive period GGTTH

Hibby70
07-11-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm just enjoying going to the football again over the last few years and getting behind the team regardless.

I think we'll win the league though.

1van Sprou7e
07-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Always hate saying this but there's no reason why we can't get 9 more points from these games tbh, all Saturday 3PMs so fatigue shouldn't be a problem until that ridiculous run we have in December

neil7908
07-11-2017, 04:54 PM
The way we're playing right now I don't think 7 points from the next 3 games is unrealistic.

NAE NOOKIE
07-11-2017, 05:12 PM
They are all winnable, but I've seen enough of the league now to know we can take nothing for granted ... all the teams seem capable of playing well even if they aren't picking up points. Even if we did beat Killie 3 - 0 nobody can say it was easy and Dundee to me looked a far better team than their league position suggests ... watching the highlights from the weekend Hamilton could easily have beaten Aberdeen if they had taken their chances and Ross County look much improved under Coyle.

December is going to be a real test, we will be doing well if we break even points wise out of that month ... do better than that and we will be a real contender for the top 3.

The other thing I would say about December is why have the league in their wisdom packed the most expensive month of the year with fixtures? We have 4 bloomin' home games and an away game in Edinburgh as well ..... It seems barmy to me that they pick the month where folk are scrimping to buy presents, going on nights out and all the other stuff that comes with the festive period to overload the fixture list. It will be interesting to see how our walk up support holds up .... if it doesn't but we are continuing to play well it wont be hard to see where the blame lies.

G B Young
07-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Always hate saying this but there's no reason why we can't get 9 more points from these games tbh, all Saturday 3PMs so fatigue shouldn't be a problem until that ridiculous run we have in December

And Lennon will certainly be targeting a decent haul from these games. The longer we keep this run going the stronger the team mentality becomes and who's to say we can't also do well in the 'glamour' December fixtures? We are certainly capable of giving Celtic a good game at ER. The Rangers are no better than us and while Pittodrie is a tough one I'd fancy us to maintain our stranglehold on the derby.

One game at a time for sure, but we have every reason to feel confident.

G B Young
07-11-2017, 05:28 PM
They are all winnable, but I've seen enough of the league now to know we can take nothing for granted ... all the teams seem capable of playing well even if they aren't picking up points. Even if we did beat Killie 3 - 0 nobody can say it was easy and Dundee to me looked a far better team than their league position suggests ... watching the highlights from the weekend Hamilton could easily have beaten Aberdeen if they had taken their chances and Ross County look much improved under Coyle.

December is going to be a real test, we will be doing well if we break even points wise out of that month ... do better than that and we will be a real contender for the top 3.

The other thing I would say about December is why have the league in their wisdom packed the most expensive month of the year with fixtures? We have 4 bloomin' home games and an away game in Edinburgh as well ..... It seems barmy to me that they pick the month where folk are scrimping to buy presents, going on nights out and all the other stuff that comes with the festive period to overload the fixture list. It will be interesting to see how our walk up support holds up .... if it doesn't but we are continuing to play well it wont be hard to see where the blame lies.

Agreed. I've always enjoyed the pre-Christmas games at ER, when a win gives you an extra festive buzz, but it's crazy to think the majority of football fans can afford to shell out on so many fixtures in what is the most expensive month of the year for many.

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-11-2017, 05:35 PM
We have to take each game in isolation:

All are winnable fixtures with the toughest on paper imo being the home match.

9 points is the dream

7 points if we want to finish in the top 3 come may

6 points is acceptable

4 is probably top 6 form

Anything less will be disappointing and sets us up for an even tougher December

Deansy
07-11-2017, 05:37 PM

My mate and me had the same discussion last week and we both wondered if the Dundee game would be where we fell flat. It's not being arrogant or dismissing Dundee (after all, it is our 1st season back after 3 years in the Championship) but based on their form this season, it was a game that fell into the 'should win' category but we wondered if this was the game that would see the 'Old Hibs Mentality' rear it's ugly head again !. Thankfully it didn't and I now firmly believe Neil Lennon is gradually changing the mentality at ER - God knows how or where we're gonna end-up but by XXXX, Lennon's made it truly great to be a Hibee once again !. The best thing about it is, imho, I still don't think he has his team 'Firing on all guns' just yet, maybe January with one or two additions will see that or maybe next season - who knows ?. But either way - the possibilities, the adventures - that lie ahead are making this current time one of the most exciting times in some years !. The utmost credit, respect and thanks to Neil Lennon for putting the smile back onto a lot (as attendances prove !) of faces !

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2017, 06:03 PM
I'm just enjoying going to the football again over the last few years and getting behind the team regardless.

I think we'll win the league though.

:greengrin

Keith_M
07-11-2017, 06:07 PM
I thought we were doing really well just before we played Hamilton at home, so I'm just going to take one game at a time, thanks.

:wink:

RIP
07-11-2017, 06:26 PM
Hope it's not like 1973 when we started the year on a high then began the habit of the January slump!

The thread was getting way too optimistic for my likening.

😃

GreenOnions
07-11-2017, 06:32 PM
It will be interesting to see how we do in these next three games.

Looking at the table now I noticed that, had we managed to draw our home game with Aberdeen, we'd be sitting in second place right now.

Iggy Pope
07-11-2017, 06:39 PM
Hope it's not like 1973 when we started the year on a high then began the habit of the January slump!

The thread was getting way too optimistic for my likening.

😃

Think we'd all settle for a repeat of the 72/73 festive derby outcome, a cup under our belt and qualifying for Europe.

Malthibby
07-11-2017, 06:43 PM

Indeed. The STs will obviously hold up & The Infirm will probably sell out but there may well be an effect on the other two; there's only so much money to go around.
An alternate approach is to buy Hibs tickets for presents, thereby killing two birds with one stone.......
GG

hibbysam
07-11-2017, 08:41 PM
One game at a time, but all winnable games. Next game is always the biggest of the season. Also, yes our December is extremely difficult, but not one of our rivals has an easy time of it over the next 7/8 weeks. Everyone plays each other around us, including Aberdeen vs Rangers twice.

monktonharp
07-11-2017, 11:01 PM

The other thing I would say about December is why have the league in their wisdom packed the most expensive month of the year with fixtures? We have 4 bloomin' home games and an away game in Edinburgh as well ..... It seems barmy to me that they pick the month where folk are scrimping to buy presents, going on nights out and all the other stuff that comes with the festive period to overload the fixture list. It will be interesting to see how our walk up support holds up .... if it doesn't but we are continuing to play well it wont be hard to see where the blame lies.I agree with the majority of your thinking. but, I would realisticly settle for 4th place at the end of the season which will definitely be above the gorgie mob. Anther Hampden trip would be immense though and Lenny has instilled "something inside" of the team and us:wink:

monktonharp
07-11-2017, 11:06 PM
I thought we were doing really well just before we played Hamilton at home, so I'm just going to take one game at a time, thanks.

:wink:they bullied us off the ball most of that game. Think we went out expecting to play football but did not reckon on their physical side of things. a bit of a leaning curve for Neil Lennon, not really knowing our opposition(s) at that time I suppose.

Scott Allan Key
08-11-2017, 12:25 AM
they bullied us off the ball most of that game. Think we went out expecting to play football but did not reckon on their physical side of things. a bit of a leaning curve for Neil Lennon, not really knowing our opposition(s) at that time I suppose.

We致e played all the teams now, and have now beaten a team (Dundee) that we drew with in the first round of games. Celtic have our measure but we matched them initially and I felt we were getting the better of Aberdeen at the end of the game and were unlucky not to equalise. I知 hopeful we値l get a better points total in next round of games and move into second place.

monktonharp
08-11-2017, 12:53 AM
We致e played all the teams now, and have now beaten a team (Dundee) that we drew with in the first round of games. Celtic have our measure but we matched them initially and I felt we were getting the better of Aberdeen at the end of the game and were unlucky not to equalise. I知 hopeful we値l get a better points total in next round of games and move into second place.:agree:I was at the first
Dundee game and they got off lightly. the Saintees game, I also felt we should have won. missed A/deen but my mate had been texting that we're a goal doon but will beat them. cant really comment on it as I was not there but by all accounts we certainly did not deserve to lose.

theonlywayisup
08-11-2017, 06:57 AM

Agree - I've been impressed by the quality of the teams we've played this season. I thought Dundee played with a lot of pace and tried to get the ball forward quickly. Both Killie and Motherwell away were difficult games against good opposition - Killie look like they've got some good young players.

The only teams that I thought were poor were Hertz and Partick - both teams can make it difficult for the opposition, but both were poor IMO.

Stuart93
08-11-2017, 08:08 AM
The way I seen it before Dundee was our next 4 games were winnable, 1 down 3 to go

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2017, 08:30 AM
Break has come at the right time for us. Despite the score we were second best against Killie and running on empty against Dundee. To get maximum points from these games was testimony to the confidence, character and resilience in the squad. Properly recharged, the next three games are winnable.

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 08:58 AM
Take. 2 out for 3.

Renfrew_Hibby
08-11-2017, 10:03 AM
We have a very tough December. Celtic and rangers at home. Aberdeen away. Hearts away with Partick, Ross county and Kili sandwiched between those games. IF we can get maximum pointsin the next 3 it will set us up hopefully for a very entertaining (albeit expensive) festive period GGTTH

That's a hell of a schedule for the run up to crimbo. Thankyou SPFL for thinking of us, the fans and major stakeholders. Thankyou.
Gonna have to do one of them ramraid jobs on a cash machine!

Jones28
08-11-2017, 10:14 AM
9/9 puts us in a great position before a tricky run in December - a good insurance policy in other words.

JimBHibees
08-11-2017, 10:16 AM
That's a hell of a schedule for the run up to crimbo. Thankyou SPFL for thinking of us, the fans and major stakeholders. Thankyou.
Gonna have to do one of them ramraid jobs on a cash machine!

Horrific schedule at that time of the year.

Sas_The_Hibby
08-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Think we'd all settle for a repeat of the 72/73 festive derby outcome, a cup under our belt and qualifying for Europe.

Then going into a downward spiral three years later.... :wink::greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
08-11-2017, 12:03 PM
we'll be top at christmas :cb

and 5th by march :wink:

Sir David Gray
08-11-2017, 04:59 PM
We致e played all the teams now, and have now beaten a team (Dundee) that we drew with in the first round of games. Celtic have our measure but we matched them initially and I felt we were getting the better of Aberdeen at the end of the game and were unlucky not to equalise. I知 hopeful we値l get a better points total in next round of games and move into second place.

:agree:I was at the first
Dundee game and they got off lightly. the Saintees game, I also felt we should have won. missed A/deen but my mate had been texting that we're a goal doon but will beat them. cant really comment on it as I was not there but by all accounts we certainly did not deserve to lose.

We could have arguably got a draw from the Aberdeen game as there wasn't a lot in it but we didn't do enough to win the game.

We didn't really make their goalkeeper do an awful lot.

Scott Allan Key
08-11-2017, 11:58 PM
We could have arguably got a draw from the Aberdeen game as there wasn't a lot in it but we didn't do enough to win the game.

We didn't really make their goalkeeper do an awful lot.

When Murray, Barker came on and Boyle switched sides we started to create more but it was too late in game.