PDA

View Full Version : Kris (the mouth) Boyd

Golden Bear
07-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Is this guy for real or just trying to create a name for himself?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41897811

Steve20
07-11-2017, 11:22 AM
I think the Aberdeen guys probably do deserve a call up. But I'm not sure that Scotland would have called them up had the match not been at Pittodrie. It's about selling tickets, so he's right in that sense.

Hibee87
07-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Actually dont disagree with him tbh

ElginHibbie
07-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Think he does have a point about Shinnie, never gonna play at left back for Scotland and I'd have plenty others ahead of him in midfield

Langlee Hibs
07-11-2017, 11:26 AM
No a lot of time for the guy but he's probably about right tbh!

stantonhibby
07-11-2017, 11:28 AM
At least they want to play for their country.

Golden Bear
07-11-2017, 11:31 AM
He's setting himself up as a target. Doesn't matter how you look at it, he shouldn't be publicly criticizing his fellow pros like that. It's time Steve Clarke reeled him in from his media duties.

The Modfather
07-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Wish he’d paid as much attention to Scotland squads when he refused to play as he does now. Clown!

brog
07-11-2017, 11:44 AM
I think he's spot on & (IMO) it's refreshing to see an established player questioning the system. His comments about Jack will hardly endear him to the WATP faction either. I pointed out earlier we have a plethora of left sided defenders & midfielders in the squad & even our only 2 strikers, now 1, were also left sided. This makes it extremely hard for SJM & PH to get a chance particularly as the Dons players are also left sided & are more likely to be favoured at Pittodrie. FWIW I think both Shinnie & Christie are decent but they play in our greatest area of strength. McKay also seems to be going the Craig Brown route of letting selected journos know his thinking in advance. So we'll see Tierney at left CB, Robertson at LB, McGregor in midfield, left side no doubt & it looks like Phillips will play up front. Never thought I'd say it but well done Kris Boyd.

seanshow
07-11-2017, 11:46 AM
I agree with him, but I don't get the over the top drama,
It's a crappy one game friendly under an interim manager, who cares.
A bit like a bell end hun being picked to play for Scotland at Easter road when he was playing in the third tier of Scottish football.

Billy Whizz
07-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Wish he’d paid as much attention to Scotland squads when he refused to play as he does now. Clown!

Levein was the manager at the time

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2017, 12:08 PM
I listened to the show last night and found it incredible that he’d criticise opponents so openly.

The laughing in the background when the intelligent guys on the show make a point is a bit annoying though.

JimboHibs
07-11-2017, 12:11 PM

Levein also gave a cap to Ryan Stevenson.

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-11-2017, 12:15 PM
The Aberdeen guys absolutely deserve to be in the squad imo. We've had SJM in the squad for the last year or so when guys like Mclean, Shinnie, Christie have been performing consistently at a higher level.

If not now, then when? Its a meaningless friendly with the usual call offs so why notgive these guys a chance? Particularly in their home stadium, maybe it willspur them on? And if the game was at Easter Road, I’d have loved for Dylanto be involved too.How many times will be try and fail to just incorporate theplayers playing “at the highest level” before we do something about it? For me,having groups of players who perform for the same club so know each other’sgame can only be a good thing for continuity. There is such a disconnectionbetween fans of the national side and the team. Lets try something different for a change!!

Boyd is typical of the attitude that if you’re playing inthe English championship you should be in ahead of anyone outwith the OF. Why?And how would Boyd know they’re (English championship players) playing well? In between playing and appearingon BBC/Sky Sports when is he watching them play?
People wonder why there is no connection between killie fansand the club, then you see their star striker is on every single media platformberating our national game and players or talking up his old club.

Total BS from the clown

ancient hibee
07-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Whether he’s right or wrong it makes a change to have someone with an opinion instead of the everything in the garden’s lovely brigade.

The_Horde
07-11-2017, 12:34 PM
It's a friendly, ffs. A perfect time to give some of the regulars a well earned rest and give other players a taste for it and to help them improve. How on earth do we develop the next generation if they don't get a chance?

Have a word with yourself Boyd.

Seems to be the pundits flavour of the season, saying outrageous things to make a name for themselves.

Billy Whizz
07-11-2017, 12:42 PM

Forgot about that, and Ian Black too

silverhibee
07-11-2017, 12:47 PM
I listened to the show last night and found it incredible that he’d criticise opponents so openly.

The laughing in the background when the intelligent guys on the show make a point is a bit annoying though.

Who are the intelligent guys on the show. :greengrin

The Modfather
07-11-2017, 01:01 PM

And? Would it have been acceptable for any of the Hibs players to pick and choose when they played under any of the number of duds we’ve had?

LeithMike
07-11-2017, 01:02 PM
I actually listened to it on Radio Scotland last night. Boyd appears to be doing a bit of a Chris Sutton and adopting very entrenched and simplistic positions. He comes across as a sensationalist and very much of the tabloid journalsim ilk. Thankfully, Michael Stewart was also speaking and able to offer a morr informed, balanced and nuanced opinion. I really wonder why people like Boyd get airtime but I guess some people must like listening to that kind of stuff. Not for me.

The match is a friendly and also comes at a watershed when the Scotland squad needs refreshed. Mackay is absolutely right to try and blood some players and the Aberdeen contingent are very much deserving of the oppurtunity as is Paul Hanlon - in fact it's lonh overdue for Paul.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
07-11-2017, 01:02 PM
BBC are priming him for a career in punditry. He'll have been asked if he can be as big a dick as Sutton.

we are hibs
07-11-2017, 01:03 PM
He might have a point but his shouting and screaming is bizarre. Probably cause he has the mental age of a 5 year old.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2017, 01:05 PM

Should’ve added “more” before the intelligent. :hilarious

Blaster
07-11-2017, 01:10 PM
I agree with him about shinnie and jack though. Shinnie is a good player but we already have two quality left backs and he's not as good as the other midfielders.

Jack is just a strange pick completely

Geo_1875
07-11-2017, 01:14 PM
I agree with him about shinnie and jack though. Shinnie is a good player but we already have two quality left backs and he's not as good as the other midfielders.

Is he not the only Scot at Ibrox without a cap?

JimBHibees
07-11-2017, 01:30 PM

Surely not.

JimboHibs
07-11-2017, 01:30 PM

Kenny McLean surely a stranger pick ad hes playing utter sh$te

JimboHibs
07-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Surely not.

Yeah called up against Cyprus I think ...Levein lol

Northernhibee
07-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Carnoustie Panmure's finest Gary Kenneth got a cap too.

hibbysam
07-11-2017, 01:37 PM
I think the point is, whether he is correct or not, that as a professional footballer he should not be so damning of his fellow professionals, and it can only spell bad news for Killie in 3 weeks time when they play Aberdeen.

Vault Boy
07-11-2017, 01:42 PM
McLean and Jack have been under performing this season, I rate them both quite highly but I think their inclusion right now isn't justified.

The rest of the Scottish Premiership players absolutely deserve their place in the squad IMO. I would even say Callum McGregor and Paul Hanlon have played well enough to earn starting places.

Green Badger
07-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Whilst his demeanour is definitely sensationalist, and he behaves like a bit of an ar*e - I don't think he was too far off in respect of the 4 players mentioned.

I don't think McLean or Jack are playing anywhere near good enough at the moment to deserve a call up. Christie & Shinnie maybe are, but there are so many midfielders already in the squad. How about calling up some strikers instead?

As for his comment about the Aberdeen boys being in because the game is at Pittodrie, there probably something in that too.

Pete
07-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Probably the same intelligent guys who were s******ing when Boyd outlined his reasons why Cathro would definitely fail.

Wether it’s too early in his media career or not to be slagging off fellow pro’s, he’s usually right and I like him.

Deansy
07-11-2017, 01:54 PM

I really don't care whether Boyd's right or wrong - can't stand him as a player but in his apparent new career as a 'football-pundit', my loathing of him's just increased ten-fold - admittedly not helped by his outrageous SJM comments !. Obviously someone's told Boyd that to get on in his new career he should't go for the intellectual, analytical approach (obviously well out of his capability anyway !) and just go for the bull-in-a-china-shop, loud, controversial approach !. I honestly think it's highly likely (more than possible) he's got Jim Traynor writing his scripts for him. The scripts he can't take his eyes away from in this clip - well, the scripts and the text he read while this talk was going on, which I also thought was a bit rude and also un-professional of him !

Laughing at Michael Stewart's face throughout all of this, though - it's like he's just sitting there thinking - 'How good is this clown making me look and sound !'

Dalianwanda
07-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Well he’s got folk discussing it - job done 😎

Eaststandee
07-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Another loudmouth Hun to enter the long list of single minded media personalities. People like Kris Boyd keep Scottish football down.

calumhibee1
07-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Don’t disagree with him. Shinnie is a good player but he’s unlucky in that our two best players play in one of his positions and in the other one we’ve got 3 players who play for the team who can’t be beaten in Scotland. McGinn has deserved his recognition because he’s every bit as good as the Celtic boys in there. Shinnie, Christie and McLean are not.

Jones28
07-11-2017, 02:15 PM
The day Scottish football starts listening to that fat **** is the day I give up.

southsider
07-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Don’t disagree with him. Shinnie is a good player but he’s unlucky in that our two best players play in one of his positions and in the other one we’ve got 3 players who play for the team who can’t be beaten in Scotland. McGinn has deserved his recognition because he’s every bit as good as the Celtic boys in there. Shinnie, Christie and McLean are not.
So is Dylan. KB was right about that. Boyd is still a twat tho.

Gordy M
07-11-2017, 02:19 PM
I always thought that frendlies was a good way to see if players can step up to the level, if required? What happens if Robertson gets injured and Tierney is suspended? Any harm in seeing if Shinnie can step in? I have no problem at all with players being given that chance. Actually it makes sense to have 'back up' plans. Its like saying we wouldnt give Oli Shaw a chance as he would never start in front of Stokes, Murray and Boyle?

Velma Dinkley
07-11-2017, 02:21 PM
If Aberdeen had any decent Scottish central defenders or strikers they may well have already become Scotland regulars. The Aberdeen players that have been selected for this game are nowhere near as good as the players who've been keeping them out of the Scotland squad over the past couple of years. And, with Scotland's lack of quality up front, a call up for Simon Murray may be on the cards sooner rather than later.

fulshie
07-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Forgot about that, and Ian Black too
Deliberately at ER too.

neil7908
07-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Boyd is realising that he's reached the end of his career and probably hasn't saved up enough to live a cushy life until he kicks the bucket so is looking to get into punditry.

Unfortunately that career doesn't care about insight and analysis any more, they are more interested in ex ugly sisters like Boyd and Sutton mouthing off.

Rubbish player, rubbish pundit.

ElginHibbie
07-11-2017, 02:47 PM
I always thought that frendlies was a good way to see if players can step up to the level, if required? What happens if Robertson gets injured and Tierney is suspended? Any harm in seeing if Shinnie can step in? I have no problem at all with players being given that chance. Actually it makes sense to have 'back up' plans. Its like saying we wouldnt give Oli Shaw a chance as he would never start in front of Stokes, Murray and Boyle?

I get where you are coming from but is Shinnie really our third best option? I'd rather give someone like Barry Douglas a chance or a younger guy like Stephen Kingsley if we are looking at left backs and think there would be even more in front of him if we looking at midfield. I see it as Shinnie is front of line as it his club's ground Scotland are playing at

Iain G
07-11-2017, 02:49 PM
I really don't care whether Boyd's right or wrong - can't stand him as a player but in his apparent new career as a 'football-pundit', my loathing of him's just increased ten-fold - admittedly not helped by his outrageous SJM comments !. Obviously someone's told Boyd that to get on in his new career he should't go for the intellectual, analytical approach (obviously well out of his capability anyway !) and just go for the bull-in-a-china-shop, loud, controversial approach !. I honestly think it's highly likely (more than possible) he's got Jim Traynor writing his scripts for him. The scripts he can't take his eyes away from in this clip - well, the scripts and the text he read while this talk was going on, which I also thought was a bit rude and also un-professional of him !

Laughing at Michael Stewart's face throughout all of this, though - it's like he's just sitting there thinking - 'How good is this clown making me look and sound !'

Boyd shouting until he is heard like some kind of overactive and neglected five year old is embarassing...am not a fan of Michael Stewart but it's night and day between them, Stewart behaves like a grown up and Boyd is typical thick shouty hun-apologist who behaves like he is in the school playground and has never grown up.

PeeKay
07-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Boyd's understanding of Scottish football was summed up by his claim last week (or week before) that Dundee United's present difficulties were a direct consequence of the demise of Rangers, and their alleged insistence that the Huns should not be shoe-horned back into the SPL was a case of "be careful what you wish for". It was met by stunned silence in the studio before Michael Stewart started trying to reason with him like you would to a toddler. Laughable.

GreenOnions
07-11-2017, 03:25 PM

I have to say I've been very impressed with Ryan Christie when I've seen him. I've no idea whether he'd make the grade at international level but I'd certainly have him down as a "maybe" and would include him in squads.

CorrieHibs

Never normally agree with him but I think he's spot on. Don't think Ross, Shinne or McLean are good enough. I think Christie has potential.

Firestarter
And? Would it have been acceptable for any of the Hibs players to pick and choose when they played under any of the number of duds we’ve had?

He refused to pick fletcher and Boyd I think both said ram it.

Smartie
07-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Some of what he says is reasonable, some of it is total pish.

He's setting his stall out as a hun alternative to Chris Sutton, playing to a particular crowd with his exaggerated opinions.

The problem I have with it is that he is still playing. I don't think he should be as scathing as he is about his fellow pros. I don't think a Kilmarnock player should be broadcasting strong and controversial views on Celtic, Sevco and Aberdeen players.

If I was Ryan Jack, I'd be going through him at the earliest opportunity.

He should rein it in a bit until he retires, then he should say what he likes (like Sutton does).

HoboHarry
07-11-2017, 03:49 PM
I hope that any one of them blooters Boyd up in the air the next time they meet on the pitch.......

Brizo
07-11-2017, 04:10 PM
He has sussed out that in today's BBC Scotland you need to be a "personality"or "controversial" to get a sports gig. They are all at it including Stewart who is just a slightly more articulate version of the others.
The late great Bob Crampsey and his like would probably be deemed to dull for today's BBC Scotland.

The Modfather
07-11-2017, 04:16 PM
He refused to pick fletcher and Boyd I think both said ram it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2008/oct/12/worldcup2010qualifiers-scotlandfootballteam2

I take no notice of Boyd in general, but even less so his thoughts when it comes to Scotland. Rather than focus on trying to help Scotland qualify he decided to pick and choose when he would play.

What would the reaction be on here if someone like Slivka was to say, “I won’t play for Neil Lennon again, but hope to be back in a Hibs jersey again one day”?

lapsedhibee
07-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Has there ever been a fatter hun than Boyd? I'm struggling to think of one. Plenty gone to fat after they stopped playing, but none that I recall being like that ten years before they gave up.

Kato
07-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Has there ever been a fatter hun than Boyd? I'm struggling to think of one. Plenty gone to fat after they stopped playing, but none that I recall being like that ten years before they gave up.

AHEM! (derek johnstone)

SuperAllyMcleod
07-11-2017, 04:52 PM
He might have a point but his shouting and screaming is bizarre. Probably cause he has the mental age of a 5 year old.

Yep, he seemed to think that whoever said something the loudest won the argument - very annoying to listen to.

Hi Heid Yin
07-11-2017, 04:58 PM
Pundits are considered boring unless they are controversial. Controversial does not equate to "truth"
Boyd is getting paid good money to be a face and voice. If he ruffles feathers in the process that's his job. It draws attention to the programme.

lapsedhibee
07-11-2017, 04:59 PM
AHEM! (derek johnstone)

Oh aye, forgot him. Also a worse pundit than Boydie.

Kato
07-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Oh aye, forgot him. Also a worse pundit than Boydie.

Having never heard Boyd I can safely say he's better than Johnstone.

PeterboroHibee
07-11-2017, 07:59 PM
Whether Boyd is right about the merits of certain players being called up, whats he hoping to achieve with such negative comments leading up to a game?

One of the main frustrations with recent managers has been the reluctance to try anything new (particulary with players playing in Scotland), so the fact so many new players have been called up is a good thing. Hopefully they get a chance to prove whether or not they are capable at that level. If not, its a friendly so no big loss, and far from a laughing stock.

hibbydog
07-11-2017, 09:02 PM
At least the new guys will be bursting with pride, desperate to wear the jersey and understanding of the privilege that is being picked to play for your country.

Boyd forgets the disgrace he made of himself and his comments completely lack class.

I’ll completely understand if he is subject to some treatment next time he plays Aberdeen.

Jim44
07-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Boyd is an irrelevant, unqualified piece of dog turd. His ridiculous argument re. the new recruits to the Scotland squad, is that, because, in his moronic opinion, they are no better than the players already there, they should not be selected. OK fatso, does that mean that a squad should only include the players who are in position of a team place, at the exclusion of ready replacements and players being groomed for the future? Why does the BBC insist on employing current players, with personal agendas, to comment on our game?

Scott Allan Key
07-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Boyd is an irrelevant, unqualified piece of dog turd. His ridiculous argument re. the new recruits to the Scotland squad, is that, because, in his moronic opinion, they are no better than the players already there, they should not be selected. OK fatso, does that mean that a squad should only include the players who are in position of a team place, at the exclusion of ready replacements and players being groomed for the future? Why does the BBC insist on employing current players, with personal agendas, to comment on our game?

You’re right. It’ll be a game of two halves. Mass substitutions to gauge effective team formations, utilising those who can replace certain others. It’s almost certain to be 4-5-1 with only two strikers, or with wingers if we’re lucky.

monktonharp
08-11-2017, 12:11 AM
I am more annoyed by comments from Ian Black. much more Scottish players are good enough to play in England, in the premiership. it's almost like advertising...............take the cream of our players!!

DCI Gene Hunt
08-11-2017, 10:57 AM
I am not sure what makes this mouthy pie-munching has-been bawheed qualified to pass comment on the promising youngsters. Is it the fact he is ex-OF that gives him some sort of superiority complex? Or is it the arrogance that being ex-Gerz breeds in players?

JimBHibees
08-11-2017, 11:01 AM
I am more annoyed by comments from Ian Black. much more Scottish players are good enough to play in England, in the premiership. it's almost like advertising...............take the cream of our players!!

Think it was Eric Black hear what you are saying however he has been recently Southamptons assistant manager so think he was just trying to be positive to the group about the quality the Scottish based players had shown.

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Boyd is trying to make a name for himself as a Hun Sutton (Hutton?) but it’s embarrassing and contrived as he doesn’t have the Witt and personality for it. However it’s Scotland, so he’ll walk into a gig in that role. Sadly we’re destined to suffer his inanities for decades.

Unseen work
08-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Why as a nation do we constantly talk down the quality of our players/league?

IMO we have a lot of very good players, especially in the SPFL, and as a nation should be doing significantly better overall.

Northern Ireland play guys like Josh Magennis...he wouldn’t get anywhere close to our squad.

We have tried with the same squad for the past 10 years or so.

It’s about time we freshened it up and started playing younger guys that deserve a chance and perform consistently at a high level for their club.

One guy that should 100% get a call up when he is back for is Tom Cairney.

lyonhibs
08-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Who cares what that Fat Hun Jobby has to say??

Stick to eating pies and scoring goals against Hearts please Kris.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-11-2017, 04:45 PM
I can't help but be the cynic and think that Boyd is the soft and not so small underbelly of the The Rangers and if the beeb can wine and dine him into mutual good books then the normal service can start again.

Topographic Hibby
08-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Whenever we hear on the BBC from a footballer that used to play with Rangers (a football team that used to play in Glasgow...went bust by their own hand, owing lots of money), it’s worth scanning this BBC page from 2015.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34118126

According to the BBC, Kris Boyd had EBTs totalling £215,000 from the club that died. Assuming that HMRC could potentially come calling for unpaid taxes to everyone named on that page, then Boyd’s developing role as a football pundit explains the financial need to open his pie-hole (other than filling said hole with Greggs baked finest).

ekhibee
08-11-2017, 05:08 PM
I have to say I've been very impressed with Ryan Christie when I've seen him. I've no idea whether he'd make the grade at international level but I'd certainly have him down as a "maybe" and would include him in squads.
Yeh, me too, he looks a good player, hardworking and talented. I'd certainly put him in the squad too.

Carheenlea
08-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Boyd has certainly got everyone talking so BBC Sport will be pleased with the clicks to their social media sites and the reaction to it. They don't get as much interest with the likes of Murdo McLeod or Willie Miller!

superfurryhibby
08-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Boyd is a dumb ass fud. Aggressive and shouty, grammatically confused and a defender of the indefensible. He is truly appalling on the radio. The BBC are toiling for quality when that's what they have to resort to.

Kato
08-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Boyd is a dumb ass fud. Aggressive and shouty, grammatically confused and a defender of the indefensible. He is truly appalling on the radio. The BBC are toiling for quality when that's what they have to resort to.

They want controversy not quality.

chrisski33
08-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Who cares about boyd. All this coming from a man who said hed never play for scotland again. Fk him

Mikey09
08-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Doesnt bother me what Boyd says. At least he's got a bit of backbone to have an opinion. Tell you what, there's a few pundits and journalists who owe Boyd a massive apology regarding his article on Cathro. He was bang on with that. Not many on here were up in arms about him tearing Cathro apart publicly.