PDA

View Full Version : new contracts

21sMay
06-11-2017, 10:40 PM
got told today that Dylan has been offered a new deal. obviously it all depends on him signing it but this would be a great move from hibs, I was also told big Dave will leave in January and Lennon has had a striker from league 1 down south up for talks already. this was passed on a from a fellow supporter.

FifeHibs
06-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Is big Dave injured or unhappy

21sMay
06-11-2017, 10:50 PM
really couldn't tell you. just passing on what I was told.
can't say that I'd really be bothered if he stayed or left ....but if we can bring in better then we should

HibeeDave
06-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Is big Dave injured or unhappy

Or maybe not good enough?

Sir David Gray
06-11-2017, 11:25 PM
I'm still a bit unclear about why we signed Matulevicius in the first place.

I think it's obvious that he's not really up to scratch and Lennon clearly doesn't rate him either so it would be for the best if he was let go in January.

The only reason I can think of for us signing him would be so that Slivka would have a fellow Lithuanian at the club and it was going to clinch his signature.

McGeouch signing a new deal is vital and I'm glad if one's been offered. I just hope he signs it.

jacomo
06-11-2017, 11:26 PM

He's in Lithuania's squad and quite highly rated.

Hasn't worked out for him at all so far but you would think he's got what it takes?

Shrekko
06-11-2017, 11:31 PM

I think it's obvious that he's not really up to scratch and Lennon clearly doesn't rate him either so it would be for the best if he was let go in January.

The only reason I can think of for us signing him would be so that Slivka would have a fellow Lithuanian at the club and it was going to clinch his signature.

McGeouch signing a new deal is vital and I'm glad if one's been offered. I just hope he signs it.

Think it’s a bit insulting to say his signing is some kind of mystery and that the manager doesn’t rate him.

Murray and Stokes have been scoring goals and playing really well. Maybe it’s as simple as that? Who’s to say he won’t get a chance at some point and do really well? I’ve been quite impressed with his brief cameos.

Sir David Gray
06-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Think it’s a bit insulting to say his signing is some kind of mystery and that the manager doesn’t rate him.

Murray and Stokes have been scoring goals and playing really well. Maybe it’s as simple as that? Who’s to say he won’t get a chance at some point and do really well? I’ve been quite impressed with his brief cameos.

I think he will be gone by the summer at the latest. If that's insulting then fair enough.

I'm not really sure what you've seen that's impressed you considering he rarely plays for more than 5 minutes at a time but each to their own.

Thecat23
06-11-2017, 11:59 PM
I think he will be gone by the summer at the latest. If that's insulting then fair enough.

I'm not really sure what you've seen that's impressed you considering he rarely plays for more than 5 minutes at a time but each to their own.

I’d put my mortgage on him leaving in Jan.

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Impossible to judge a player 1 way or another without him even starting a game. Ali Dia played more minutes than Big Dave has.

Scouse Hibee
07-11-2017, 12:31 AM

Really? I can't recall him doing anything of worth to impress or indeed having the time on the pitch to do so.

J-C
07-11-2017, 05:32 AM

This is what I heard too, big Davy was signed cheap to get Slivka in, he maybe an international but it is for Lithuania and he's not the level we need, Stokes and Murray are totally different types of forwards, we need another like Murray with pace and goals.

matty_f
07-11-2017, 06:58 AM
Lennon said when he signed that Dave would be used more when pitches deteriorated and we needed to be more direct.

I think his time will come.

ian cruise
07-11-2017, 07:13 AM

This is my take on the situation. We've got two guys who are doing well, just because he's not in the team doesn't mean he a bad player, maybe just not showing as much as them. Slivka isn't really featuring either but he's trying to displace McGinn and Dylan.

I have no doubt he's got talent but it's just not his time at the minute. He's got the choice to wait to see if he gets an opportunity or to move on, but no harm to him if he does decide to go,chest not been an unmitigated disaster as some previous strikers, just no room for him. I think Matty is right and when the winter comes and we need to be more direct there's a place for him. If we had gone in with just Shaw as back up there would have been pandemonium.

Hiber-nation
07-11-2017, 07:19 AM

But bought to help Slivka settle in?

danhibees1875
07-11-2017, 07:51 AM
I read an article yesterday about the top 10 Scottish players who were out of contract after this year. Dylan was #2, the author commentated that he'd had an unusually injury free season so far... turns out it was an article from Friday.
Henderson also appeared, in fact that photo of him after we won the cup is the headline photo.

As for Dave, I hope he gets his chance. He could have been played in by Mcginn at Motherwell and a goal would help him settle (as would some more game time). He hasn't played enough to be called good or not good enough, as others have said; Stokes and Murray have been playing well, which is why.

ano hibby
07-11-2017, 07:54 AM
I read an article yesterday about the top 10 Scottish players who were out of contract after this year. Dylan was #2, the author commentated that he'd had an unusually injury free season so far... turns out it was an article from Friday.
Henderson also appeared, in fact that photo of him after we won the cup is the headline photo.

As for Dave, I hope he gets his chance. He could have been played in by Mcginn at Motherwell and a goal would help him settle (as would some more game time). He hasn't played enough to be called good or not good enough, as others have said; Stokes and Murray have been playing well, which is why.

Who else was in top 10..anyone of note/interest for us?

danhibees1875
07-11-2017, 07:56 AM
Who else was in top 10..anyone of note/interest for us?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/the-top-10-players-in-scottish-football-with-expiring-contracts-1-4603489

:aok:

B.H.F.C
07-11-2017, 08:13 AM

Hardly insulting. Until the Hearts game Murray hadn't scored for two months. There were a number of games when we have struggled for goals and Lennon has still been reluctant to use him. Oli Shaw even seems to be further up the queue than him now as well.

He's been here for 4 months and not managed to start a single game which doesn't say much for him IMO.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2017, 08:40 AM
I cant see that we'd sign a player just to help another player settle in, or sweeten the deal for Slivka to sign for us?

Probably he was a punt that has not worked yet, it might in the future?

Diclonius
07-11-2017, 08:46 AM
If Dave leaves we only have three strikers, one a youngster.

Lennon will have at least two lined up.

neil7908
07-11-2017, 09:05 AM
I thinks Big Dave has done fine when he's played but he's had so little time on the pitch it's hard to judge.

The form of our two main forwards, plus Shaw getting into the squad maybe means that he's playing less than anticipated. As other's have said it'll be up to him whether he stays and tries to force his way into the team or moves on.

If he does go I think we need to bring in another forward like him - someone who can win the ball in the air and hold it up. That's not the style I want us playing every week but there are games when you need a forward like that.

Iain G
07-11-2017, 09:11 AM
I thinks Big Dave has done fine when he's played but he's had so little time on the pitch it's hard to judge.

The form of our two main forwards, plus Shaw getting into the squad maybe means that he's playing less than anticipated. As other's have said it'll be up to him whether he stays and tries to force his way into the team or moves on.

If he does go I think we need to bring in another forward like him - someone who can win the ball in the air and hold it up. That's not the style I want us playing every week but there are games when you need a forward like that.

He is a different type of forward than Stokes or Murray, more of the old fashioned centre forward and focal point of an attack and a direct replacement for Grant Holt.

The way we are playing though is at pace with good quick clever forwards, playing Big Dave would perhaps mean a change of style.

I assume we planned to have different options up front but the form of Boyle, Murray and Stokes means that dictates the way we play has changed?

calumhibee1
07-11-2017, 09:32 AM
I cant see that we'd sign a player just to help another player settle in, or sweeten the deal for Slivka to sign for us?

I think it’s probably a mix of both. Someone to help Slivka settle in while also looking on paper like he could have been a handy player himself. From what I’ve seen that’s not really the case and he’s not going to offer a lot.

oneone73
07-11-2017, 09:34 AM
I think it’s probably a mix of both. Someone to help Slivka settle in while also looking on paper like he could have been a handy player himself. From what I’ve seen that’s not really the case and he’s not going to offer a lot.

What have you seen?

Jones28
07-11-2017, 09:46 AM
The guy has had about 45 minutes of football to show us what he can do, that is no time to show quality. It doesn't help we have Murray who's scored 13 and a player with Stokes quality playing in a formation that allows for 1 striker most of the time.

Tornadoes70
07-11-2017, 09:47 AM
got told today that Dylan has been offered a new deal. obviously it all depends on him signing it but this would be a great move from hibs, I was also told big Dave will leave in January and Lennon has had a striker from league 1 down south up for talks already. this was passed on a from a fellow supporter.

Really hoping Dylan signs the new deal. Its been shown again recently when he's fit just how gifted a player he is.

Shrekko
07-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Hardly insulting. Until the Hearts game Murray hadn't scored for two months. There were a number of games when we have struggled for goals and Lennon has still been reluctant to use him. Oli Shaw even seems to be further up the queue than him now as well.

He's been here for 4 months and not managed to start a single game which doesn't say much for him IMO.

See blackpoolhibs' post.

When I said insulting, I'm talking about the suggestions that he was brought in simply as a buddy to Slivka and that somehow our manager (who is a very good judge of a player) doesn't actually want him.

For those asking I think he holds the ball up really well and made decent contributions to seeing out the games v Hearts and Motherwell. His pedigree would suggest he can play football.

It may never work out but I think NL wanted him- which is all I was saying.

G B Young
07-11-2017, 10:15 AM
The Stokes deal was far from in the bag when big Dave joined. We'd have been very light up front without him at that stage so it seemed a sensible enough move to me. He looks like he can play a bit judging by his youtube montage tho I realise you can't really judge a player on that. If we do bring in another striker in January tho it's hard to see where Dave would fit in.

bingo70
07-11-2017, 10:18 AM

Lyndon Andrews?

Eduardo Hurtado?

scoopyboy
07-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Really hoping Dylan signs the new deal. Its been shown again recently when he's fit just how gifted a player he is.

Me too, but Dylan will probably hold fire and see what else is on offer.

Billy Whizz
07-11-2017, 10:31 AM
I knew we’ve been looking at someone from league 2, early 20’s

FifeHibs
07-11-2017, 11:02 AM
IMO I would not be sure Hibs would have a playing budget to allow for a "mate" to come in.
Suggestions that he was injured when he came.
Maybe he fitted in the alternative striker that Lennon was looking for and his wages were within the remainder of the budget left for players knowing Stokes would take a high porportion of the remaining.

Ozyhibby
07-11-2017, 11:34 AM
There is zero chance he was signed to keep slivka company. Slivka has been away from home a long time now and I doubt he expects to go home anytime soon either.
He was signed because it was thought he could do the job Holt done. From what I’ve seen in u20 games, he’s not good enough. Hopefully he can be moved on in Jan for his own sake as much as ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
07-11-2017, 11:38 AM
I agree with most posters that big Dave really has not had enough time on the pitch for any of us to form any solid impression.
If, as has been said, big Dave is being held in store for the muddy pitches to come, where the long ball is the only way forward, then he must be a frustrated individual at this time. If he wants away because of lack of game time this is understandable and who could blame him.

scoopyboy
07-11-2017, 12:10 PM
I agree with most posters that big Dave really has not had enough time on the pitch for any of us to form any solid impression.
If, as has been said, big Dave is being held in store for the muddy pitches to come, where the long ball is the only way forward, then he must be a frustrated individual at this time. If he wants away because of lack of game time this is understandable and who could blame him.

My understanding is that he's not being putting in the required amount of work at training.

If that's the case then it's maybe Hibs wanting him away as opposed to the other way round.

Don't shoot the messanger. :cb

WeeRussell
07-11-2017, 12:48 PM
There must have been cheaper Lithuanians to sign to keep Slivka company surely :greengrin

Might still work out for the big fellae, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved on in January.

One decent performance and a goal against Hearts and he'll be one of our most important players a needing signed-up for another season. :wink:

Borderhibbie76
07-11-2017, 12:56 PM

I'm not really sure what you've seen that's impressed you considering he rarely plays for more than 5 minutes at a time but each to their own.But then folk are writing the poor guy off based on his brief cameos which is equally unfair tbh mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
07-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Sure I read that big Dave had been watched by Lennon for almost a full season prior to us signing him. Hardly just a signing just to attract Slivka.

wookie70
07-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Nothing against big Dave bit I hope wee keep playing well enough that he is not needed. It was a terrible brand of football with Holt up front. Dave has looked ok and I'm sure he has scored one and possibly set up one despite the lack of game time. Good option to have but hope he is just that

Hibeewilly
07-11-2017, 07:34 PM
My understanding is that he's not being putting in the required amount of work at training.

If that's the case then it's maybe Hibs wanting him away as opposed to the other way round.

Don't shoot the messanger. :cb
I was told a month ago he has been asked to find a new club in January so that makes sense

Big L
07-11-2017, 07:48 PM
I was told a month ago he has been asked to find a new club in January so that makes sense

I heard that as well. But I would be happier to see Hibs put Boyle and Murray on a 4yr deal, at the moment in time I think they're both on a 2yr deal.

SRHibs
07-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Will be a tragedy if Dylan doesn’t sign a new deal. 🙏

Tornadoes70
07-11-2017, 07:56 PM
Me too, but Dylan will probably hold fire and see what else is on offer.

This could well be a stumbling point as there may well be clubs that come in that could offer better terms. However if we're putting a decent offer on the table and he and his family are happy here and settled then we should have a good shout of him staying (I don't know if Dylan has a family or they're even in Scotland, just surmising :greengrin). Really hope he stays as he is a quality player.

:flag:

Hibeewilly
07-11-2017, 08:05 PM
I heard that as well. But I would be happier to see Hibs put Boyle and Murray on a 4yr deal, at the moment in time I think they're both on a 2yr deal.
The same person also told me an offer to SJM has been on the table for a while and is nowhere near being accepted. That surprises me as that would be a win win for us the player and St Mirren. Lets see what develops though

Dr_Regal
08-11-2017, 01:21 PM
Lucas Joao(Striker) was rumoured in the summer from Sheff Wed, still not getting a game. 6 month loan for him would be great. Watched him play for Blackburn last year quite a bit and he would terrorize Scottish defences.