PDA

View Full Version : Levein must stay!

147lothian
06-11-2017, 02:07 PM
His archaic brand of hoofball remains me of the Butcher era and we all know how that ended up. Compare Levein to a proper football manager Neil Lennon, NL went out of his way to bring in Barker on loan from Man City. NL had clearly identified his target and knew his role in the team

Take the derby, hertz try the predictable long ball to Lafferty defenders know the script they take a step back and win majority of the tussles, its then a simple pass to midfield we then have Barker on one wing and Boyle on the other ripping them apart and creating real goal scoring opportunities.

There's a clear identity to NL's team, players know their role within the setup and we are reaping the rewards of having a manager who knows what he's trying to achieve, take the Dundee game, all the players declared themselves fit after the 3 - 0 win at Klli so NL went with the same team, it wasn't working NL made changes at HT that swung the game in our favor, the Dundee game had NL written all over it.

Under LD and NL we are moving in the right direction

Thankfully we have AB with our rivals CL is her man, long live the long ball, from our neighbors Levein must stay!

Thecat23
06-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Levein never wanted the gig and it shows in his body language. They are so skint they had to appoint him and there was never anyone else going to get It.

He wants that DOF role and over see a Cathro type manager as no real manager would go near Hearts with Levein there even if they did have the cash to get someone good.

They are in a real bad way and it’s going to get worse for them before it gets better. We should just sit back and enjoy it. Hibs are miles and I mean miles ahead of Hearts on and and off the park.

Bostonhibby
06-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Yep. He's classic yam. 1986 style. Ultimately a hoofball style bottler. Hid behind father dougal and now he's steering the clown's bicycle that is the yams. So long as no new dodgy money comes in he's there for the foreseeable.

Pleasing, as they say.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
06-11-2017, 02:49 PM
He'll be staying for the next three years at least. Very pleasing. He's the most untouchable person at that club.

OxoHibby
06-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Yep. He's classic yam. 1986 style. Ultimately a hoofball style bottler. Hid behind father dougal and now he's steering the clown's bicycle that is the yams. So long as no new dodgy money comes in he's there for the foreseeable.

Pleasing, as they say.

He's also become a bit Cathroesque with his choice of word buffoonery which is more pleasing

biotech
06-11-2017, 03:14 PM
If only he had an older wiser Director of Football to mentor him!

Hibernia&Alba
06-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Auld *****y breeks 86 is carrying on the great work of Cathro. No improvement to be seen.

147lothian
06-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Levein never wanted the gig and it shows in his body language. They are so skint they had to appoint him and there was never anyone else going to get It.

He wants that DOF role and over see a Cathro type manager as no real manager would go near Hearts with Levein there even if they did have the cash to get someone good.

They are in a real bad way and it’s going to get worse for them before it gets better. We should just sit back and enjoy it. Hibs are miles and I mean miles ahead of Hearts on and and off the park.

Yip I tend to agree that it wasn't something Levein wanted, I think it all went along the lines of this behind closed doors AB saying this is the real situation we have no money whoever who ever wants the gig stand forward when all bar Levein stood back

mutley
06-11-2017, 03:42 PM
NO NO NO NO, you all have it all completely wrong. Don't you remember the "High Calibre" candidates they had lined up and interviewed?? Then it was announced that the answer was staring them in the face and there was only one man for the job?

It had NOTHING to do with the fact that the other "candidates" just laughed at them when they spoke about how much they would earn/have to spend/what facilities they had at their disposal.

But not could match the complete Yamfuddery and arrogance (and lack of money) that Mr Levein had to offer such an institution as the mighty Champions-League-Winning-World-Cup-Class HMFC.

G B Young
06-11-2017, 03:50 PM
A kickback poll shows more than 50% want Levein out.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2017, 03:54 PM
So it would appear that the DoF scheme is in tatters.

One for you MattyF and James fans...

Damage the dream, damage the dream
The magic is broken
The house is in ruins
Your memory's one-sided
The side that you're choosing feels nothing
Feels nothing at all
We feel nothing at all

Bostonhibby
06-11-2017, 04:00 PM

Aye but what do they know?

They thought Vlad was going to win the Champions League by 2008,

They believed he was going to build the megasuperhotelstadium,

They thought they owed the tens of millions he was spending on them to themselves because they thought he owned a bank,

They thought he was selling them shares in the cash only share issue before he high tailed it to Moscow,

They thought Mrs Budge was going to deliver what Vlad didn't on the share issue, they think they are saving up for that when the cash has been diverted to the one overpriced and overdue shed,

They think they are building a stand with a bit on the back with a view of the castle,

They've got some common or garden driveway bricks that they call a mosaic,

They probably think they paid for the poppies even though it was the club themselves that disclosed they hadn't paid the charity,

Their exits are vomitoriums...................

I could go on but you get my drift? Potters going nowhere.

jacomo
06-11-2017, 04:01 PM

:agree:

Purgatory for Levein.

He thought he could just pull the strings from the posh seats - now stuck in a job he hates with no end in sight.

WoreTheGreen
06-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Always wondered when Potter is used is it Harry a mega sucsessfull frachise or Brian who runs a wee crap club the Phoenix

WWFTWTG
06-11-2017, 04:22 PM
His pre match interview before the derby was priceless full of negativity I thought he was going to burst into tears :flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2017, 04:27 PM
He’s one of your own
He’s one of your own
Sickboy Levein
He’s one of you own...

Saint Hibee
06-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Cathro might not have been so bad if he hadn’t had Levein breathing down his neck?

WWFTWTG
06-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Heard a good one at the weekend - new book for Christmas - Harry Potter and the Unfinished Stadium :greengrin

G B Young
06-11-2017, 07:51 PM

There's certainly plenty of chat to that effect on kickback, with a lot of argument between the allisbarry head in the sand brigade and those who actually think the Budge regime is fair game for criticism.

It's claimed that, as you say, Levein never wanted the job, only attends training on a Thursday, doesn't travel with the team on matchdays and arrives at the stadium less than 30 minutes before kick-off.

If even one of those claims is true, it makes me hope he stays in the job for many years to come!

Billy Whizz
06-11-2017, 08:03 PM
It's claimed that, as you say, Levein never wanted the job, only attends training on a Thursday, doesn't travel with the team on matchdays and arrives at the stadium less than 30 minutes before kick-off.

What does he do the rest of the week, pretty poor if true

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2017, 08:14 PM
https://www.facebook.com/talkingbaws/videos/1412662995468720/?hc_ref=ARRfwA0ICY_xi_4UIApxEkjA_T_atB9XMUO1Njgt0P bQpjcNVaOh-asHiaC--C3jGgM

:faf::faf::faf:

bingo70
06-11-2017, 08:22 PM

Imo the one attribute managers must have is enthusiasm, without that they’ve no chance. Enthusiasm is infectious and if managers don’t have that they’ll drag the dressing room down with them.

he’s clearly not the same manager he was when he did a relatively ok job at Dundee Utd and hearts before, he’s not got the fire in his belly any more and it shows.

weecounty hibby
06-11-2017, 08:27 PM
https://www.facebook.com/talkingbaws/videos/1412662995468720/?hc_ref=ARRfwA0ICY_xi_4UIApxEkjA_T_atB9XMUO1Njgt0P bQpjcNVaOh-asHiaC--C3jGgM

Brilliant. If only the BBC commentators would or could be so descriptive. Or maybe that was Preston

Ilovehibs
06-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Just hope he doesnt walk if the pressure from fans gets too much.
Have to think Budge wont fire him too soon given he's got a 3 year contract but I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to go if things continue the way they've been going.
He's never the cheeriest guy in the world but he looks/sounds miserable just now.
All very pleasing if he stays mind. Here's hoping.

bigwheel
06-11-2017, 08:28 PM

That is absolutely magic. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Bostonhibby
06-11-2017, 08:56 PM

:hyper:jamboclow

Allisbarry though

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-11-2017, 10:59 PM

A Kickback poll a week before he got the gig showed that less than 1% wanted him in [emoji38] It was still universal high 6's all round when he was appointed though

Thecat23
06-11-2017, 11:06 PM
There's certainly plenty of chat to that effect on kickback, with a lot of argument between the allisbarry head in the sand brigade and those who actually think the Budge regime is fair game for criticism.

If even one of those claims is true, it makes me hope he stays in the job for many years to come!

I know he doesn’t take training every day, that’s why they kept on Daly and the rest. He does pop down though to check now and then! He’s just a front really, Hearts are basically a rudderless ship with no captain.

Thecat23
06-11-2017, 11:07 PM
What does he do the rest of the week, pretty poor if true

Apparently still doing his DOF duties! I’ve no idea what that involves.

Forza Fred
06-11-2017, 11:24 PM
The yams obviously can't afford to get rid of him.

They went through the façade of three weeks of interviews for a managerial appointment...only to appoint the person to the position who was doing the interviewing!

Col2
06-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Said it before and say it again.

Levein is a coward and a loser. Always looking to stay away from any accountability but still wants the big bucks and the power.

Never won anything as a player or manager and now a miserable bitter twat.

His time as Scotland manager showed his stubbornness to the full with the ridiculous 4-6-0 formation (and defended it afterwards) and his blatant attempt to get it right up us as ER for Scotland game by briinging on Ian Black when everyone knew what he was doing, to get a reaction. Gave him the narrative the next day rather than focus on the performance.

Bostonhibby
07-11-2017, 07:30 AM
Apparently still doing his DOF duties! I’ve no idea what that involves.Looking at videos of players that colquhoun has left over from the last transfer window and trying to sell Cole the goal Stockton to Barcelona?

G B Young
07-11-2017, 10:26 AM
The yams obviously can't afford to get rid of him.

They went through the façade of three weeks of interviews for a managerial appointment...only to appoint the person to the position who was doing the interviewing!

Yes, what a joke that was. All that guff from Budge about how "it dawned on us that the ideal candidate for the job was already here!"

As with the alleged 'forgotten' seats order, the managerial interview 'process' smacks of a cover story to deflect from the fact there's a serious lack of cash in the club. Given that they must have had to stump up a hefty pay-off for Cathro, they presumably realised they couldn't afford a new manager's wages. As you say they won't be able to afford to sack Levein as that would entail another pay-off.

Basically they're stuck with him, as well as a stand which looks set to remain unfinished for many months to come and which will see costs continue to escalate - costs which they can't recoup due to the fact they're nowhere near ready to utilise the corporate facilities which were supposed to generate millions for them. Budge must wish she'd toned down all that crowing about a structure that for the foreseeable future will be nothing more than a replica of the the other three empty shell stands.

Is It On....
07-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Almost a year since they hounded out The Caveman when in the top 3 in the SPL 😂😂

Hibs07p
07-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Apparently still doing his DOF duties! I’ve no idea what that involves.

I don't want to be accused of stirring it up amongst the Yam Fuds, has anyone else heard that CL is being paid both salaries for his joint duties?:rolleyes:

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Thecat23
07-11-2017, 11:37 AM
I don't want to be accused of stirring it up amongst the Yam Fuds, has anyone else heard that CL is being paid both salaries for his joint duties?:rolleyes:

GGTTH

No idea, but it wouldn’t surprise anyone if he was.

Bostonhibby
07-11-2017, 11:39 AM

GGTTH

Worth every penny, we should probably have a bit of a collection for him as well, just to show our appreciation of his recent efforts.

NZ Green
07-11-2017, 11:58 AM
He seems far too stubborn to bow out, his stubbornness got him the job in the first place.

147lothian
07-11-2017, 12:00 PM
He cuts a forlorn figure on the side lines, more glass developed a leak than glass half empty. Thoughts please on him taking the gig after the 3 week interview process, was it all a charade where they could pretend they are a big club having to fight back big name managers before giving it to Levein, stitched up from the start, possibly in cahoots with his friend AB. Or was it that what they really had to offer budget wise was so unappealing that no serious manager would risk his reputation by taking the gig, leaving Levein the last man AB could turn to

Hibs07p
07-11-2017, 12:30 PM
No idea, but it wouldn’t surprise anyone if he was.

I'm sure one of the Yams will do due diligence and ask the question from the directors on the board if that's true, but they'll probably be too busy bowing to Queen Budgie to hear the answer.

GGTTH

Hibs07p
07-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Worth every penny, we should probably have a bit of a collection for him as well, just to show our appreciation of his recent efforts.

We do appreciate him we even have a song totally dedicated to him, how does it go again....
Cheer up Craig Levein ......

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
07-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Lest we forget.

High calibre candidates and the stand on schedule.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/11001494/hearts-will-not-rush-new-managerial-appointment-with-announcement-expected-next-week

How can you tell when Ann Budge is lying...?

jacomo
07-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Lest we forget.

High calibre candidates and the stand on schedule.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/11001494/hearts-will-not-rush-new-managerial-appointment-with-announcement-expected-next-week

How can you tell when Ann Budge is lying...?

I had missed that snippet about Scot Gardiner - nominally the man in charge of the new main stand project - leaving at the end of August.

What a basket case of a club.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-11-2017, 05:25 PM
He cuts a forlorn figure on the side lines, more glass developed a leak than glass half empty. Thoughts please on him taking the gig after the 3 week interview process, was it all a charade where they could pretend they are a big club having to fight back big name managers before giving it to Levein, stitched up from the start, possibly in cahoots with his friend AB. Or was it that what they really had to offer budget wise was so unappealing that no serious manager would risk his reputation by taking the gig, leaving Levein the last man AB could turn to

Or Budge, so utterly pig sick at his administering of a horrendous period of poor recruitment as well as his stubborn refusal to alter his style or duties which scared off potential candidates, gave him the ultimatum of "it's your mess, you fix it or you'll be forced out of the club".

bingo70
07-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Anyone worked out how his league record compares to Ian Cathros?

Jack
07-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Anyone worked out how his league record compares to Ian Cathros?

Cathro
Matches 30; W 8; D 6; L 16; Goals 38:46; Points 30; PPG 1,00

Harry
Matches 09; W 3; D 2; L 04; Goals 09:11; Points 11; PPG 1,22

Edit: formatting improved

bingo70
07-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Cathro
Matches W D L Goals Points PPG
30 8 6 16 38:46 30 1,00a

Harry
Matches W D L Goals Points PPG
9 3 2 4 9:11 11 1,22

Cheers.

One to keep an eye on, now the bounce that teams normally get when a new manager comes in has gone for Levein I suspect that their records will become a bit more similar.

lapsedhibee
07-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Cathro
Matches 30; W 8; D 6; L 16; Goals 38:46; Points 30; PPG 1,00

Harry
Matches 09; W 3; D 2; L 04; Goals 09:11; Points 11; PPG 1,22

Hardly a fair comparison. Potter has had to play all his home matches away. Once he can get his boys back playing in the cauldron that is New Tiny Park his stats will improve mightily and he will be seen to be still an excellent manager well worthy of a contract extension, please.

PatHead
07-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Cheers.

One to keep an eye on, now the bounce that teams normally get when a new manager comes in has gone for Levein I suspect that their records will become a bit more similar.

No no. Once the injured players return and they get back to tincastle all will be Barry. 5-1 and mega stand and all that.....

Deansy
07-11-2017, 07:39 PM

GGTTH

There's no shortage of cash at the PBS - it's just that it's all Ann Budge's !

NZ Green
08-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Can someone less lazy than me put up Lennon's win/loss points etc. this season for comparison too.

Jack
08-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Can someone less lazy than me put up Lennon's win/loss points etc. this season for comparison too.

Just as well I'm retired!

Neil, Manager of the month, Lennon.

Matches, 20; W, 12; D, 4; L, 4; Goals, 47:25; Points, 40; PPG, 2,00.

147lothian
08-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Or Budge, so utterly pig sick at his administering of a horrendous period of poor recruitment as well as his stubborn refusal to alter his style or duties which scared off potential candidates, gave him the ultimatum of "it's your mess, you fix it or you'll be forced out of the club".

Forcing him out the club would prove a bit tricky, to say the least, he's on a three year contract and they are now having to life within their means

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 04:11 PM
There's no shortage of cash at the PBS - it's just that it's all Ann Budge's !Fan ownership [emoji106]

147lothian
09-11-2017, 05:39 PM
While we have the manager of the month, after a three week interview process they have a manager who didn't want the job in the first place, that the majority of their fans didn't want, who also has the task of recruiting new players, despite the fact that the ones he has brought in so far are mediocre at best, and he's not even able to recruit any new players until he can get rid of some of the players that he recruited to the club.

You just couldn't make this stuff up!

jacomo
09-11-2017, 07:23 PM
While we have the manager of the month, after a three week interview process they have a manager who didn't want the job in the first place, that the majority of their fans didn't want, who also has the task of recruiting new players, despite the fact that the ones he has brought in so far are mediocre at best, and he's not even able to recruit any new players until he can get rid of some of the players that he recruited to the club.

You just couldn't make this stuff up!

Yeah but Hearts DoF has 100% confidence in him.

147lothian
10-11-2017, 12:51 PM
Yeah but Hearts DoF has 100% confidence in him.

The good news is that Levein will be as long as they have AB at the helm, and Budgie won't go cheap!

147lothian
20-11-2017, 02:06 AM
They got their 'home comfort' went 1- 0 up then Levein took his two strikers off, I can see the message that sent out to the players