PDA

View Full Version : Well done Hibs Club Shop

GreenCastle
06-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Was down in the shop earlier and what a difference to previous seasons :thumbsup:

A wide range of items to buy from...

Beach towels
Advent Calendars
Dog bowls!
Tartan Scarves
Xmas Jumpers etc...

Plus many more gifts that in previous years we were lacking.

Shop staff very friendly and helpful also. :aok:

Well worth a visit and I'm sure many a Xmas present will be bought.

Hibs need to now focus on the catering in the stands...:agree:

andybev1
06-11-2017, 03:22 PM
sounds good. Maybe buy my bro his chrimble present from there this year.
Wonder if they caught the vermin that robbed the shop a while back?

hibsboy69
06-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I was in there on Saturday and bought 2 strips for my youngest boy's birthday. The staff were very helpful and there really is come cracking gear in there :agree:

If you've not been in the shop for a while I'd recommend a visit :thumbsup:

The only thing I'd say could be improved is on matchdays (when it's very busy) they could increase the number of tills (the bit where they print the names and numbers on strips could accommodate an extra couple of tills I think) :agree:

GGTTH

Bishop Hibee
06-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Chalk and cheese compared to last Christmas. Full of top quality items. I was in on Saturday morning for a home top as a present for a mates birthday. The guy who served me said the staff were a lot happier as they were being complimented rather than moaned at. Internet sales going well too. We’re a club on the up on and off the field.

Gatecrasher
07-11-2017, 07:36 AM
I have spent way more money in the shop this year than I have in a long time. This tells its own story IMO.

HFCdeb
07-11-2017, 07:40 AM
I have spent way more money in the shop this year than I have in a long time. This tells its own story IMO.

Same. The shop is brilliant compared to recent seasons.

California-Hibs
07-11-2017, 07:51 AM
Having a look online and I have to say, very impressed! Might have to order a few things to be sent over.

MB62
07-11-2017, 10:10 AM
I was about to go in on Saturday and realised there was actually a queue outside waiting to get in, never experienced that before. Don't know if we eventually took the shop back under our own wing or not but given the amount of sales they must have made over the last couple years, I certainly hope they did. :thumbsup:

FilipinoHibs
07-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Chalk and cheese compared to last Christmas. Full of top quality items. I was in on Saturday morning for a home top as a present for a mates birthday. The guy who served me said the staff were a lot happier as they were being complimented rather than moaned at. Internet sales going well too. We’re a club on the up on and off the field.
As a very young man in the 70s I bought Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo. My father and grand mother are South American. I loved the book and tried to practice it. 30 years later a wedgie tried to preach to me Paulo's methods. I was brought up in Hawick so look very pale. Always love seeing at the bottom of your posts. Oh yes ****** the Hertz.

Argylehibby
07-11-2017, 11:17 AM
I was about to go in on Saturday and realised there was actually a queue outside waiting to get in, never experienced that before. Don't know if we eventually took the shop back under our own wing or not but given the amount of sales they must have made over the last couple years, I certainly hope they did. :thumbsup:

It's not in house but was moved from Just Sport to PSL. PSL have been first class and have listened to the club and fans views on what they want to see in the shop. If only they were there in May 2016.

The queue on match days however is down to security reasons and reducing opportunities for folk helping themselves to the gear.

Pretty Boy
07-11-2017, 11:18 AM
It's so much better than previous years. Credit to Macron, their retail partners who's name escapes me and Hibs for getting it sorted.

Argylehibby
07-11-2017, 11:24 AM
It's so much better than previous years. Credit to Macron, their retail partners who's name escapes me and Hibs for getting it sorted.

PSL are not linked with Macron and would have been appointed regardless of the kit manufacturer. Dundee use PSL as well and their kit is by Puma.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 01:24 AM
https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/imagprod/double-duvet-cover-set-837.jpg

Yaaaaas

Double duvet set - purchased. I'm sure the Mrs will love it :greengrin

Been waiting for ages for this. Well done shoap :top marks

One wee grumble: fifty quid for a duvet cover is a bit steep, is it no?

MB62
08-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Was down in the shop earlier and what a difference to previous seasons :thumbsup:

A wide range of items to buy from...

Beach towels
Advent Calendars
Dog bowls!
Tartan Scarves
Xmas Jumpers etc...

Plus many more gifts that in previous years we were lacking.

Shop staff very friendly and helpful also. :aok:

Well worth a visit and I'm sure many a Xmas present will be bought.

Hibs need to now focus on the catering in the stands...:agree:

:top marks to the club shop, I will hopefully be up on Saturday doing a bit shopping.

Your comments on the catering are spot. I don't know how difficult it can be to get this right. I think we changed our suppliers not long ago? if so, IMO, they have made no difference, maybe even worse. I had stopped buying anything at ER because the service and quality was so poor and the club were only getting a small percentage of sales, I believe. As they have taken it back 'In house' I have tried a couple of times and both times been hugely disappointed. The base of the steak pie sticks to the tin foil and everything becomes messy.
The standard of service, (talking about the West Upper) is near hopeless. I know it's only young kids getting paid a pittance probably (don't know why though with the cost of things) but they are just so slow at serving, absolutely no urgency whatsoever and if this is them learning in a working environment, they are going nowhere in life. It must cost the club money with the amount of people that just can't be bothered waiting in the ever increasing queues.

Whilst most things in the garden are rosy at the moment, and long may it continue, the catering, for me, continues to be a source of frustration and annoyance.

hibee
08-11-2017, 11:26 AM
https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/imagprod/double-duvet-cover-set-837.jpg

One wee grumble: fifty quid for a duvet cover is a bit steep, is it no?

£45 for a Home top though so considering the difference in the amount of material required for your duvet you could look at it a different way and be glad it didn’t cost you £600!

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 11:32 AM
£45 for a Home top though so considering the difference in the amount of material required for your duvet you could look at it a different way and be glad it didn’t cost you £600!

That's a point! A bargain.

Frogga
08-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Really impressed with the range of products. Just don't understand why Macron don't do a proper Small Men's size...

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Really impressed with the range of products. Just don't understand why Macron don't do a proper Small Men's size...

There probably isn't much demand for small men's. Medium is what, 38 chest? Not many blokes will need smaller than that.

Garymcl
08-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Was down at the club shop today spent a fortune for xmas pressies on hibby family members with out doubt the best selection of merchandise in a very long time well impressed it was quite busy doing good trade well done to the club on this massive improvement Ggtth :flag:

Sir David Gray
08-11-2017, 03:30 PM

Macron's sizes are so small that if you wanted a small size you should just head to the kids section.

erin go bragh
08-11-2017, 05:42 PM

Depends what size of top :) The xxxxxxxl top might give the duvet a run for its money :)

Bishop Hibee
08-11-2017, 06:43 PM
As a very young man in the 70s I bought Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo. My father and grand mother are South American. I loved the book and tried to practice it. 30 years later a wedgie tried to preach to me Paulo's methods. I was brought up in Hawick so look very pale. Always love seeing at the bottom of your posts. Oh yes ****** the Hertz.

Doubt you’ll see it in the Hibs shop though! Read it in the 80’s and should reread it sometime.