PDA

View Full Version : Lennon. Serious question

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-11-2017, 01:43 PM
He's been brilliant for us but I fear we may lose him at some point, what you guys think? English league, Celtic perhaps?

Will dread that day if it comes. :paranoid:

iwasthere1972
06-11-2017, 01:44 PM
He's been brilliant for us but I fear we may lose him at some point, what you guys think? English league, Celtic perhaps?

Immediately after we win the league.

You heard it here first. :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
06-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Yoko had better not come along and break up Hibs!

houstonhibbee
06-11-2017, 01:46 PM

Not worried about it as I dont think it will happen
if it does then bring stubbsy back

Ringothedog
06-11-2017, 01:47 PM

😂

pacoluna
06-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Not worried about it as I dont think it will happen
if it does then bring stubbsy back

No thanks.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-11-2017, 01:50 PM
No thanks.

Agreed, wee ginger baws looks likely.

snooky
06-11-2017, 01:51 PM

:greengrin

Top Marx :wink:

Hibbyradge
06-11-2017, 01:53 PM
I can't imagine he'd go back to Celtic so it would have to be England or abroad.

He'll leave at some point so I hope the board have contingency plans and a list of potential replacements.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-11-2017, 01:56 PM
If he leaves it is likely to be because he has been successful and this time around success will have come within our means. So unlike Mowbray there will be no follow on of a fire sale to balance the books.

houstonhibbee
06-11-2017, 01:58 PM
No thanks

Vini1875
06-11-2017, 01:59 PM
I don't think it will be all that soon. I get the feeling that Lennie has a bit to prove to himself and that he is very settled with regard to his home life. Also feel that if he won something with us it be more of accomplishment that doing it at Parkhead, the same would true of doing something in Europe with us. I think he has a lot of unfinished business and we are a good fit for him and vice versa.

houstonhibbee
06-11-2017, 02:00 PM
If he leaves it is likely to be because he has been successful and this time around success will have come within our means. So unlike Mowbray there will be no follow on of a fire sale to balance the books.
If he's successful he may be more likely to stay? European football, bigger crowds, more money available. What's not to like.
as someone said we are experiencing biggest crowds since the 50's. Were in unchartered territory. Why assume the worst?

Nicho87
06-11-2017, 02:34 PM
I think we have to enjoy him while we can. What is imperative is the next appointment is as bold and a big name like lennon too. He is installing a great winners attitude which Celtic have from grassroots. This needs to be rubber stamped from hibs youngest groups right through to first team. Lennon is doing a wonderful job.

MB62
06-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Will be more worried about losing Leeann

worcesterhibby
06-11-2017, 02:42 PM
I may be reading it all wrong, but I don't think it's necessarily about the money for Lennon, so a move down south will not necessarily be that attractive to him. He likes the club, feels there is a lot still to achieve and obviously enjoys working with LD. I don't think celtic would come back in for him...they have set their sights on Big Name managers now and would see Lennon as taking a step backwards I think. Hopefully we will have NL leading us for a number of seasons to come.

danhibees1875
06-11-2017, 02:53 PM
I don't think Celtic would be looking to go back to Lennon, and I don't think his stock would be that high down south either.

I think Lennon has also earned enough money that he will be less interested in that and more than happy to be at a club where he is appreciated by the fans, has a comparatively decent budget to play with (he got to bring in 6 players with international experience in the summer), and where he's slightly removed from the vitriol that comes with the Celtic gig... And he'll still be on decent cash anyway at Hibs.

There's potential here to actually keep a manager and build a squad that all stays together for a good few years and hopefully manages to achieve something.

WhileTheChief..
06-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Not something we need to worry about for a couple of years.

He’ll leave with everyone’s blessing once he’s won us the league!!

silverhibee
06-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Immediately after we win the league.

You heard it here first. :aok:

No chance, he will want a crack at the Champions League the next season with the Hibs. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
06-11-2017, 02:57 PM

No thanks on him either.