PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Porteous, baby faced assasin

monktonharp
05-11-2017, 08:44 PM
just watched an interview with the young man. very young looking, but his performance in the second half yesterday was so good. liked the way he talked, to the interviewer. looked very composed, knows he's down the pecking order but also knows if there is an opening, he is prepared to take it.I think this young man has got it, and looks like he is composed and assured. was not dirty in any way, just prepared to get in about it if reqd.

Bostonhibby
05-11-2017, 08:57 PM
just watched an interview with the young man. very young looking, but his performance in the second half yesterday was so good. liked the way he talked, to the interviewer. looked very composed, knows he's down the pecking order but also knows if there is an opening, he is prepared to take it.I think this young man has got it, and looks like he is composed and assured. was not dirty in any way, just prepared to get in about it if reqd.Was thinking much the same thing when I saw it. My mate who has seen more of him play live than I have raves about him and he's normally a good judge.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
05-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Can't believe he's only 18! So composed as well as being clearly talented and he's also got fantastic physical attributes for a young player.

Apparently a bit of a leader as well which is always good

Souter96Mac
05-11-2017, 09:26 PM
Been really impressed with him, seems like the next Paul Hanlon in the making

monktonharp
05-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Been really impressed with him, seems like the next Paul Hanlon in the making:agree:my thoughts exactly, and could slot in if the big man got injured

calumhibee1
05-11-2017, 10:07 PM
He’s an outstanding prospect and if he keeps progressing he’ll be sold on for a lot of money. He’s already significantly better than John Souttar at Hearts and he’s only made about 4 first team appearances.

wookie70
05-11-2017, 10:51 PM
You can see why he is so strong. Must be full of testosterone as his voice is deeper than Barry Whytes. He comes across as well on camera as he does on the pitch. Huge prospect in a very difficult to fill position - ball playing centre half. Saying that we have 3 of them.

Big_Franck
06-11-2017, 11:08 AM
I've been impressed by him every time I've seen him for the development side and the first team. What always catches my attention is his passing ability. I lost count of the number of times he played great wee balls in to Stokes and Murray in the second half on Saturday. Looks simple but being able to bypass the opposition's midfield time and again with accurate balls like that is a huge attacking threat. His brilliant cross field ball to either Hanlon or Stevenson was just showing off :greengrin

On a side note, how do you pronounce his surname? Is it Porty-iss or Por-chiss?

Billy Whizz
06-11-2017, 11:57 AM
I've been impressed by him every time I've seen him for the development side and the first team. What always catches my attention is his passing ability. I lost count of the number of times he played great wee balls in to Stokes and Murray in the second half on Saturday. Looks simple but being able to bypass the opposition's midfield time and again with accurate balls like that is a huge attacking threat. His brilliant cross field ball to either Hanlon or Stevenson was just showing off :greengrin

On a side note, how do you pronounce his surname? Is it Porty-iss or Por-chiss?

The latter

hughio
06-11-2017, 12:07 PM
A very bright future I would say.

Strong,quick,reads the game and good passer.

In short hes got it all.

Makes you happy to be a Hibee.

The last time I felt like that about a young centre back however he started boxing folk out in the street.

Lets hope Ryan's got good minders.

Tom Hart RIP
06-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Looked a strange/very soft booking or did I miss something?

Earlydelivery
06-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Rolls Royce player .. tough as nails .. he's also the 1 that injured Swanson in training 😳