PDA

View Full Version : Dundee keepers strip

CockneyRebel
05-11-2017, 10:06 AM
How come the Dundee keeper was allowed to play in a strip that was almost identical to their outfield players? At one point in the game I was about to shout "handball", when he caught a shot from close range, because I mistook him for a defender.

macca70
05-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Said at the game yesterday, looking from FF to the far end it was hard to tell the difference between the goalie and outfield players

brog
05-11-2017, 10:10 AM
How come the Dundee keeper was allowed to play in a strip that was almost identical to their outfield players? At one point in the game I was about to shout "handball", when he caught a shot from close range, because I mistook him for a defender.

I just watched highlights & thought same when he caught Murray's back header. Never mind, we'll play in black probably 5 times against Celtc this season because we can't distinguish hoops from a green jersey!

Twiglet
05-11-2017, 10:16 AM
I thought the same. We were shouting at the 4th official about it, but they weren't interested. Thought at least he would have been made to change at half time. Just showed how useless the officials were that they couldn't see how they were similar.

Carheenlea
05-11-2017, 10:19 AM

Was exactly the same - half out my seat to remanstrate before realising it was the keeper. Baffling as to why they were permitted to use such a closely resembling kit when teams are asked to wear change kits when there is no logical reason to do so.

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Mentioned this to my mate during the first half as well, from the FF it was quite hard to distinguish the keeper from the other Dundee players and like another poster at one point I thought a Dundee outfield player had handled the ball until I realised it was the keeper.

On a wee side note ... why did it take Hibs until half time to switch the floodlights on, I presume Mr Petrie is in charge of the electricity bill :greengrin

wookie70
05-11-2017, 11:06 AM
Said the same as the teams ran out before kick off. How do we have to change strips against Celtic when we are the home team but a goalie can wear an incredibly similar strip to his teammates