PDA

View Full Version : Lennon says.

greenlex
04-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Ahead of expectations but see out the two goal lead in the Motherwell game. Win the games at Dundee and StJohnstone that we should have and we would be top of the league. :flag:

BSEJVT
04-11-2017, 10:07 PM
Ahead of expectations but see out the two goal lead in the Motherwell game. Win the games at Dundee and StJohnstone that we should have and we would be top of the league. :flag:

And he is absolutely right to do so.

We have won nothing yet and his having that attitude and driving it into the players will continue to make us better.

Everyone would like to see us skelping teams, but winning hard close fought games when we are far from our best is equally important for our psyche.

Unseen work
04-11-2017, 10:27 PM
If he said that I’m disappointed and makes him sound a bit daft IMO.

Every team in the world could say that, football is all about if, buts and maybes.

Were 3rd and doing well, let’s just continue with that.

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 10:33 PM

Every team in the world could say that, football is all about if, buts and maybes.

Nah.

He used as a point to the players to illustrate how well we've been playing. Justified comment from him.

hibs4life
04-11-2017, 10:36 PM

Completely disagree. Only stating what would have been within our grasp with a marginal improvement.
Don't see anything wrong with that. Only musing what might have been in an interview...

Shrekko
04-11-2017, 10:54 PM

Doesn’t make him sound daft- he’s just been subtle. Letting the team know how good they are but emphasising there’s always room for improvement.

I think NL knows you can never pre-suppose that if you win a game instead of drawing that it automatically follows that all other results thereafter go the same way- but it’s clever management, from a smart guy if you ask me.

JohnM1875
04-11-2017, 10:58 PM

Struggling to apprehend how it makes him sound daft? I was disappointed we drew each game.

Clarence
04-11-2017, 11:02 PM
I think it's all part of a winning mentality. Just need to maintain the winning reality on the park.

Onion
04-11-2017, 11:04 PM

Nope, this is no more than than a few quotes for the press showing his drive for perfection - nothing wrong with that. Behind the scenes he'll know that exceeding Celtic and Aberdeen at this stage would be unrealistic.

H18 SFR
05-11-2017, 12:01 AM

You're taking his comments out of context. Best to watch the interview.