PDA

View Full Version : Martin Boyle - Hibs Class

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 08:11 PM
Right, surely after three vital goals and three tremendous performances in 7 days its finally time for the various people who, since the start of season, have claimed that Boyle:

is nothing but a workhorse; has poor end product; pace aside has nothing as a footballer; shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11; is ten times less effective a footballer than Barker

to finally just admit that, actually, they might just be not very good at spotting a talented footballer?

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Right, surely after three vital goals and three tremendous performances in 7 days its finally time for the various people who, since the start of season, have claimed that Boyle:

is nothing but a workhorse...

has poor end product
pace aside has nothing as a footballer
shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11
is ten times less effective a footballer than Barker

to finally just admit that, actually, they might just be not very good at spotting a talented footballer?
I love Marin Boyle, there I said it and I don’t care.

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 08:13 PM
I love Marin Boyle, there I said it and I don’t care.
:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
04-11-2017, 08:16 PM

is nothing but a workhorse; has poor end product; pace aside has nothing as a footballer; shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11; is ten times less effective a footballer than Barker

I could name and shame the poster😳

Hiber-nation
04-11-2017, 08:18 PM
There has been some pish spouted on here this season about Boyle and Murray. Not good enough, heidless chicken....blah blah blah.

Squirrel has been sensational this season, can't think of a player who has improved so much in such a short space of time.

Off the bar
04-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Boyle is the player I thought Alex Harris could have been.

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Barker is not as good as Boyle. Boyle has been absolutely brilliant this season.

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 08:22 PM
I could name and shame the poster��

To be fair, it's been lots of different posters. I just honestly think that its been obvious since he first signed how much he brings to the team. He was brilliant in the end of his first season when we went on that run to overtake the Huns to finish 2nd. Then we lost him for the playoffs, it was a massive blow.

He has also been very good in big games ( derbies, semi vs Aberdeen, Celtic twice), and plenty of assists and goals.

Add in his ability to draw fouls, get players booked and win penalties, and I genuinely have no idea how people couldn't see his value to the team.

neil7908
04-11-2017, 08:22 PM
I must admit before the start of the season I wasn't sure Boyle would have enough to make it in the SPL.

He's really upped his game though. He still has a bit of work to do but his crossing, passing and shooting have all improved dramatically. I can't remember how long he has left on his contract but I'd be looking to tie him down on a long term deal ASAP.

Waxy
04-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Boyle is the player I thought Alex Harris could have been.

I thought Alex Harris could have been a superb player. But not as good as Boyle.

B.H.F.C
04-11-2017, 08:25 PM
The most improved player I've seen in my time watching Hibs. 18 months ago I'd have said he was a squad player at best. Now he's one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

xyz23jc
04-11-2017, 08:26 PM
To be fair, it's been lots of different posters. I just honestly think that its been obvious since he first signed how much he brings to the team. He was brilliant in the end of his first season when we went on that run to overtake the Huns to finish 2nd. Then we lost him for the playoffs, it was a massive blow.

He has also been very god in big games ( derbies, semi vs Aberdeen, Celtic twice), and plenty of assists and goals.

Add in his ability to draw fouls, get players booked and win penalties, and I genuinely have no idea how people couldn't see his value to the team.

Fixed that for ya, not a typo!:greengrin

Zazu62
04-11-2017, 08:27 PM
He’s a joy to watch

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Fixed that for ya, not a typo!:greengrin

haha :greengrin

04-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Boyles a fantastic player and has come on a lot in the past couple of years. Sure, his finishing at times is frustrating but his pace is frightening and he causes defences all sorts of bother.

His goal today, not one Dundee player could lay a glove on him.

Deansy
04-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Think it's obvious that Boyle's worked extra-hard in the close-season - this season he's been immense !

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Has a Hibs player ever scored two goals so close together in 2 different games? He scored twice in about 1 minute of actual play.

Bishop Hibee
04-11-2017, 08:44 PM
The most improved player I've seen in my time watching Hibs. 18 months ago I'd have said he was a squad player at best. Now he's one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Spot on. Dundee fans were indifferent to him leaving and we were indifferent to him signing. If he keeps it up all season he’ll be knocking on the door of the Scotland squad.

Famous Fiver
04-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Happy to leave the decision to Neil Lennon and not some of the occasional twats we get on here.

While on that theme the loud mouth behind me who criticised EVERY move Hibs made or tried to make is roaster of the year. Was in the middle of complaining that Stokes should have shot when Simon crashed in the second. Still didn't shut him up.

We all see the game differently............

fat freddy
04-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Scotland material

zitelli62
04-11-2017, 08:58 PM
2 year ago if we had freed him not many people on here would have batted an eyelid what an improvement we now have a very very good player on our hands what am lmprovement well done shows you what hard work can do.

ValleyHibee
04-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Always liked boyle,also a good attitude,any time he was left out and brought on never sulked just did his best to be in from the start the next game

FifeHibs
04-11-2017, 09:03 PM
Barker is not as good as Boyle. Boyle has been absolutely brilliant this season.

Barker is not as good as Boyle... my opinion only Barker has twice the ability that Boyle has in being able to control a football and beat his defender with tricks. Boyle is a limited played.

Mr Grieves
04-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Absolutely fantastic today. Never stopped running at them.

ValleyHibee
04-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Happy to leave the decision to Neil Lennon and not some of the occasional twats we get on here.

While on that theme the loud mouth behind me who criticised EVERY move Hibs made or tried to make is roaster of the year. Was in the middle of complaining that Stokes should have shot when Simon crashed in the second. Still didn't shut him up.

We all see the game differently............
Stokes should have shot,from that angle haha,does he think he was Sauzee

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Barker is not as good as Boyle... my opinion only Barker has twice the ability that Boyle has in being able to control a football and beat his defender with tricks. Boyle is a limited played.

Lazy analysis.

The Spaceman
04-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Have liked Squirrel from Day 1! No doubting though that he has become a serious weapon for our team - a key player in the best Hibs team for many a year. Seems to really enjoy playing for our club, always gives his all and, of course, is a Scottish Cup winning legend.

J-C
04-11-2017, 09:09 PM
He adds that bit of zing in the game, that wee bit sparkle and zip hat gets you off your seat 4-5 times a game, last person we had like that was Sproule, keep t up son, top notch. :thumbsup:

Flyingwaitor
04-11-2017, 09:18 PM

to finally just admit that, actually, they might just be not very good at spotting a talented footballer?The most improved player over the last couple of seasons. He is a genuine threat and his pace scares the crap out of defenders. Starting to add more end product now too. I think he adds so much to the team and we are better with him in it

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 09:31 PM
He adds that bit of zing in the game, that wee bit sparkle and zip hat gets you off your seat 4-5 times a game, last person we had like that was Sproule, keep t up son, top notch. :thumbsup:

:agree: Ivan another player that was unfairly tagged as a heidless chicken.

RoYO!
04-11-2017, 09:43 PM

Yep all he does is beat players and score goals...

:D

kaimendhibs
04-11-2017, 09:49 PM
I love Marin Boyle, there I said it and I don’t care.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

gaz1875
04-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Martin Boyle was superb all game today and most of the season so far, miles better than Scotland internationalist Barry Bannan yet he will never get close to being in a Scotland squad.

Since90+2
04-11-2017, 09:55 PM
Boyle is arguably our most important player. Not our best player , but in terms of his impact on our ability on how we want to play he is right up there with McGinn and McGeough.

stoneyburn hibs
04-11-2017, 09:59 PM
Dundee must be spewing, cost us zilch.
The wee man keeps on improving each season.

Criswell
04-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Great to see a player who is improving his game week by week. Has indeed become a very important player for us.

matty_f
04-11-2017, 10:06 PM
Boyle is in a great bit of form just now. He obviously works hard, and players with pace will always trouble defences, however Boyle looks like he's put an extra 10% into his game recently, he's been superb.

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Forgot about another comment after the Aberdeen game putting down Boyle when someone said the difference between him and somebody like Mackay-Steven is "frightening".

Well as things stand one of them is making a far greater impact on the premiership and it isn't Mackay-Steven.

Shrekko
04-11-2017, 10:18 PM
What’s not to like about him?
Pace, goals, great first touch, defensively aware, super fit, improves all the time, great attitude, and even his hair is getting thicker again!

Up there in our top 3/4 players this season and that’s saying something.

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 10:22 PM
What’s not to like about him?
Pace, goals, great first touch, defensively aware, super fit, improves all the time, great attitude, and even his hair is getting thicker again!

Up there in our top 3/4 players this season and that’s saying something.

defo - look at it here on the BBC match report picture!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41785737

SMAXXA
04-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Better than Ivan?

Tornadoes70
04-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Forgot about another comment after the Aberdeen game putting down Boyle when someone said the difference between him and somebody like Mackay-Steven is "frightening".

Well as things stand one of them is making a far greater impact on the premiership and it isn't Mackay-Steven.

100%

I think most of us could see the raw potential of Squirrel when he first arrived and that the potential if nurtured properly could become something really special. Well done to Squirrel for working hard and becoming one of the first picks as part of this team that keeps on giving to us fans and has the Yams in a constant state of depression.

GGTTH

WhileTheChief..
04-11-2017, 10:25 PM
He’s a much better player now than he was a year ago. Some of the criticism of him in the past was justified.

weecounty hibby
04-11-2017, 10:31 PM
Better than Ivan?

I would say so. I think he still has room to improve as well. He will be an important player for us in years to come

Northernhibee
04-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Having both him and Lewis in the team allows us an insane amount of flexibility. Boyler can play wide left, wide right, striker, right wing back. Lewis can move from LB to LWB (as today), LM, CM and he's also played RB and RWB in recent seasons.

Having two players who combine such flexibility with talent means that we're able to totally change the shape of the team in a flash like we did today.

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 10:53 PM
He’s a much better player now than he was a year ago. Some of the criticism of him in the past was justified.

Most of it was unjustified.

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Most of it was unjustified.
Exactly, he came in as a squad player from Dundee and he’s established himself as a main man in our premier league team. He’s improved us as much as he’s improved himself.

superfurryhibby
05-11-2017, 12:43 PM
defo - look at it here on the BBC match report picture!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41785737

Spray mane? Barely recognised him with his hair on.

Boyle has excelled recently and shown his value to the team. Credit due to the guy and the coaching team for getting the best out of him. Keep it Boyler.

givescotlandfreedom
05-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Boyle's moved up a level this season. The most exciting player at ER IMO.

eastcoasthibby
05-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Seems to be developing his game all the time think NL has instilled a lot more self belief in Boyler as well as getting him into playing not as a striker, but a wide or off the front player who can get on the ball and go at defenders rather than being a target or up against centre halfs ...a great lad who is a really important player for us

Nicho87
05-11-2017, 09:34 PM
I saw some hearts fan rolling over laughing at a few hibbys questioning Boyle should be in a Scotland squad. If it was Martin Boyle or Jamie walker I know who id be picking without the slightest bit hesitation.

Carheenlea
05-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Was last season's most improved player, and is still getting better.

Bostonhibby
05-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Vastly improved player. Great attitude, sometimes don't think he knows what he's going to do next so must be a problem for the opposition. Love watching him play.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

RIP
05-11-2017, 10:55 PM
..the loud mouth behind me who criticised EVERY move Hibs made or tried to make is roaster of the year. Was in the middle of complaining that Stokes should have shot when Simon crashed in the second. Still didn't shut him up.

You must have had a great view of that goal from the North?