PDA

View Full Version : Partick fan thrown out of Ibrox..

IanM
04-11-2017, 06:57 PM
... for waving a scotland flag

https://twitter.com/manpreet_ptfc/status/926879518807285767

Wow

04-11-2017, 06:58 PM
I would act suprised but really . . .

Hibbyradge
04-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Any chance of a clickable link?

Sir David Gray
04-11-2017, 07:17 PM
Any chance of a clickable link?

https://mobile.twitter.com/manpreet_ptfc/status/926879518807285767

hibsbollah
04-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Partick fans are getting a reputation for this sort of disgraceful behaviour... Truly the Millwall of scotland and its good that those good folk at Ibrox brought them to book:agree:

04-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Partick fans are getting a reputation for this sort of disgraceful behaviour... Truly the Millwall of scotland and its good that those good folk at Ibrox brought them to book:agree:

Indeed, first "same old Alloa" cheated them at ibrox now this! Shocking scenes yet again at ibrox from the away support, the good people of Rangers are rightly shocked and disgusted!

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2017, 07:26 PM
About time too.

Domestic football matches are no place for national flags.

[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
04-11-2017, 07:27 PM
A saltire amongst the red hands, union jacks and George crosses? what else did we really expect from a stadium full of Norn Irn residents and Scots who wannabe English that England wouldn't touch with a barge pole?

No doubt the GFA will be all over Partick for this one. Might be construed as sectarian when there's such a marginalised group in the stadium.

wookie70
04-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Not easy to tell the whole story from the videos as they may have been asked to sit in their seats 10 times before that for all we know. However I expect a blue nose got upset about a Saltire being waved in Her Majesty's Stadium Ibrox and more than likely thought the Catalonian Flag was an SNP or Liberal flag because it was yellow. The thought of a pro Scottish and possible Liberal Alliance was enough to tip the stewards over the edge. The flag wavers may have been singinging Coming Down the Road which would only have added to the Steward's annoyance as that is sung by those foreigners at Hampden.

If there was no previous warning and the Saltire flag bearer was ejected The Rangers should be heavily fined. I'm sure the authorities will throw the book at them before rescinding it down to a nothing to see here verdict.

Famous Fiver
04-11-2017, 07:39 PM
They were only acting in self defence against the Partick Thistle hooligans and thugs.

Jim Traynor said so.

Bostonhibby
04-11-2017, 07:41 PM
They were only acting in self defence against the Partick Thistle hooligans and thugs.

Jim Traynor said so.Keep Scots out of Ibrox will be the headline [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Nameless
04-11-2017, 07:41 PM
I just can't wait for Jim Traynors statement..... HURRY UP, I'm going to pee myself!!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
04-11-2017, 07:53 PM
I just can't wait for Jim Traynors statement..... HURRY UP, I'm going to pee myself!!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Law Abiding Peepul of Ibrox Fearful of Crazed Drunken Maniac Partick Flag Bearer?

:greengrin

Famous Fiver
04-11-2017, 07:55 PM
15 months of CCTV photos being released no doubt until every Maryhill innocent is identified and punished.

I know, let's award the match 3 - 0 to Rangers. That should satisfy them, no?

Oh and bar the Jags from Europe for 10 years.

McD
04-11-2017, 07:58 PM
Notice how 8+ stewards all rush through the doorway after one flag bearer, clearly a real menace to society :rolleyes:

Bishop Hibee
04-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Flag sorted for the game against them at ER.

Fuzzywuzzy
04-11-2017, 08:34 PM
Had 'Yes' on it so deemed political. Funny since the Ulster flags are flown with pride

Sir David Gray
04-11-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm not a fan of flag waving at football games as it always seems to be done to prove a point or to wind up the opposition but does anyone see the irony in an away fan being ejected from Ibrox for waving a flag that's deemed to be antagonistic?

Deansy
04-11-2017, 09:06 PM
I'm not a fan of flag waving at football games as it always seems to be done to prove a point or to wind up the opposition but does anyone see the irony in an away fan being ejected from Ibrox for waving a flag that's deemed to be antagonistic?

Never mind the flags being waved at Ibrox being antagonsitic - what's 100 x worse is the average Hun-cretins waving the flags !

The Spaceman
04-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Could have incited a riot. Did Lee Wallace survive?

****ing pathetic, as usual. Can't wait for them to die again.

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 09:45 PM
He was clearly goading them. I’m amazed they didn’t invade the thistle end tbh.

poolman
04-11-2017, 10:06 PM

Totally agree

A 6 point penalty for Thistle would not be amiss

Bostonhibby
04-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Totally agree

A 6 point penalty for Thistle would not be amissCouldn't they maybe give sevco some extra points as well? Sounds like it was a pretty severe goading.

Keith_M
04-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Anybody know where I can buy a giant Saltire with the 'Yes' logo on it?

Michael
04-11-2017, 10:50 PM

2014?

Keith_M
04-11-2017, 11:33 PM
2014?

OK, maybe I should have specified that I do not have a Time Machine.

Deansy
05-11-2017, 12:02 AM
I can just picture a gigantic Green & White 'YES' in the Famous Five stand when we play them at ER - mouth-watering !

givescotlandfreedom
05-11-2017, 12:54 AM
Totally unacceptable in this day and age. There's not even anything bigoted on it

andybev1
05-11-2017, 01:33 AM
OK, maybe I should have specified that I do not have a Time Machine.
:top marks

huggie1875
05-11-2017, 03:32 AM
think it was due to the Catalonian flag rather than the saltire still bad though

05-11-2017, 03:47 AM
think it was due to the Catalonian flag rather than the saltire still bad though

Catalonia flag is partick colours to be fair. At least that would be what I’d say if I was that boy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-11-2017, 06:49 AM

From a Partick Thistle fan who has a fine to pay?

huggie1875
05-11-2017, 06:57 AM

https://www.ayemail.scot/store/?model_number=YES2-FLAG

Bobby's Cinema
05-11-2017, 07:41 AM

Rangers fans deserve credit for showing such restraint

blaikie
05-11-2017, 08:05 AM
This is what happens when they don't employ proper event stewards at games, Garrion Security apparently run that side of things for them and are funnily enough based in Ibrox according to companies house. Event stewards should be employed out with the club and be properly employed.

fat freddy
05-11-2017, 08:16 AM
This is what happens when they don't employ proper event stewards at games, Garrion Security apparently run that side of things for them and are funnily enough based in Ibrox according to companies house. Event stewards should be employed out with the club and be properly employed.

Done a quick search of Garrion Security Directors, all the usual suspects seem to have a finger in that pie, Green, Stockbridge, Paul Murray, Gilligan ect...basically owned by various members of the sevco board past and present

blaikie
05-11-2017, 08:25 AM
Done a quick search of Garrion Security Directors, all the usual suspects seem to have a finger in that pie, Green, Stockbridge, Paul Murray, Gilligan ect...basically owned by various members of the sevco board past and present

I seen that, they used to use G4S like most football clubs in Scotland. This whole self policing thing they seem to have ongoing is wrong. I had a quick look on the recruitment page on the website ....

"Primarily responsibility for safety, you will also deliver service excellence and uphold our values"

I'd love to have a copy of their values to see exactly what they really mean!

Moulin Yarns
05-11-2017, 10:41 AM

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/10-000-more-flags-for-yes-europe#/

Stantons Angel
05-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Being Scottish has always been something i have been proud of and my team play in the Scottish league, why then should he not show his allegiance to Scotland's flag?

It is sheer bloody nonsense that because it had a YES on it that it was deemed political. Since when did YES become an inflammatory word at a football match?

Its also making the Glasgow police look stupid again.... the rangers support are allowed to bring the red hand of Ulster flags galore to their games.

They are constantly allowed to sing their vile songs about the potato famine which killed millions in Ireland and are allowed all sorts of intimidation to opposition supporters.

If those morons want to live in a time warp then let them but to me the Saltire should be allowed to fly anywhere and be proud of!

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Being Scottish has always been something i have been proud of and my team play in the Scottish league, why then should he not show his allegiance to Scotland's flag?

It is sheer bloody nonsense that because it had a YES on it that it was deemed political. Since when did YES become an inflammatory word at a football match?

Its also making the Glasgow police look stupid again.... the rangers support are allowed to bring the red hand of Ulster flags galore to their games.

They are constantly allowed to sing their vile songs about the potato famine which killed millions in Ireland and are allowed all sorts of intimidation to opposition supporters.

If those morons want to live in a time warp then let them but to me the Saltire should be allowed to fly anywhere and be proud of!

It didn't, at least not at any football match in Scotland. Apart from ones played at Ibrox of course, their unionist / Loyalist kulchur means that anything they see as anti unionist or pro independence has to be stamped on. From that POV they can justify saying the flag was inflammatory because it had YES written on it and it was bound to upset the sensibilities of fans of Her Majesties very own football club Glasgow The Rangers.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see quite a few YES flags at grounds around Scotland in the weeks to come whenever the Huns come calling, not least of all Easter Road ............ I was never one for waving the Tricolour in their faces, though it is noticeable that the only time you see more than the odd one in the Hibs support is when we use it as a tool to wind up that lot. But If a Saltire with YES written on it is just as effective a wind up device I'm all for it, I might even get one myself :greengrin

Sir David Gray
05-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Of course it's political and personally I don't believe it should be seen at a football match but to target that one flag at Ibrox when the home end will be teeming with flags with political connotations is a joke.

greenpaper55
05-11-2017, 11:47 AM
How would you feel if a giant NO flag was unfurled at ER ?

IanM
05-11-2017, 11:56 AM

If Yes, Catalan, Ulster flags are allowed then of course a No flag is allowed

I’d prefer a nice here we go mind

Stantons Angel
05-11-2017, 12:46 PM

what difference would that make to me?

You have taken it as being a political statement..... Politics and religious leanings dont belong in football!

id hardly think the flag the guy was flying could be taken as huge either.

In that context their union jack flags may be taken as offensive too! Then why are those flying them not chucked out too?

The post only shows how ridiculous the whole thing is!

Iggy Pope
05-11-2017, 02:14 PM
I seen that, they used to use G4S like most football clubs in Scotland. This whole self policing thing they seem to have ongoing is wrong. I had a quick look on the recruitment page on the website ....

"Primarily responsibility for safety, you will also deliver service excellence and uphold our values"

I'd love to have a copy of their values to see exactly what they really mean!

Funnily enough, when stuck rejoicing inside the hole for 30mins after dishing out our most recent slipperiing to them, my abiding memory is of the steward above us in the upper Govan laughing his tits off. Clearly Garrion Security (whose very name makes them sound like a Belfast mob by the way) aren't scrutinising CVs closely enough.

lucky
05-11-2017, 03:27 PM
There is no place for politics in football. But it appears that stewards over reacted but the video is to short to tell the full story.

ronaldo7
05-11-2017, 04:45 PM

The orcs fly them all the time at Easter road. The, No, is followed by, surrender.

05-11-2017, 04:50 PM
https://twitter.com/Oldfirmfacts1/status/927190470077440000/photo/1

greenpaper55
05-11-2017, 08:55 PM
I see , it seems this forum is for Independence supporters only !

hibsbollah
05-11-2017, 09:00 PM
There is no place for politics in football. But it appears that stewards over reacted but the video is to short to tell the full story.

Politics is part of life. It's a fallacy to believe its possible to keep politics out of football, whatever FIFA says (incidentally, what is the No to Racism arm band that gets worn at all these champions league games if not a political statement? :faf:)

wookie70
05-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Politics is part of life. It's a fallacy to believe its possible to keep politics out of football, whatever FIFA says (incidentally, what is the No to Racism arm band that gets worn at all these champions league games if not a political statement? :faf:)

That is a common decency statement surely.

Keith_M
05-11-2017, 09:15 PM

Yes!

:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
05-11-2017, 09:15 PM

If you head into the Holy Ground there are people of all viewpoints on the subject.

Bostonhibby
05-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Yes!

:wink:Respecting the rights of the minority. [emoji6]

wpj
05-11-2017, 09:23 PM
Respecting the rights of the minority. [emoji6]

Since 1875 😎