PDA

View Full Version : He’s one of our own

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Take a bow Paul Hanlon. He was absolutely immense today, he was playing like a left winger at times. Club legend.

hibbydog
04-11-2017, 07:02 PM
Aye he was brilliant. Solid defensively and positionally sound.

Really interesting when we play 3 centre half’s and one of them comes forward. Overlapping the overlapping wing back. The opposition didn’t know how to handle it and we got a lot of joy down the left in the second half.

Well deserved Scotland cap coming for our Scottish Cup winning centre half.

Brilliant!!

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Aye he was brilliant. Solid defensively and positionally sound.

Really interesting when we play 3 centre half’s and one of them comes forward. Overlapping the overlapping wing back. The opposition didn’t know how to handle it and we got a lot of joy down the left in the second half.

Well deserved Scotland cap coming for our Scottish Cup winning centre half.

Brilliant!!
I really hope he starts against the Netherlands.

Bostonhibby
04-11-2017, 07:10 PM
Been a fan of Pauls for a long time, getting better and better. Deserved Scotland call up.

Well done son.

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 07:12 PM
He must be the first name on the team sheet right now.

jeffers
04-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Sometimes you wonder how the MoM award is arrived at, not today. Yet again another brilliant performance from Paul Hanlon.

Glory Lurker
04-11-2017, 07:25 PM
His attacking play today was so assured, you wouldn’t have thought he is a centre half. And he is a great centre half. Scotland call up so very deserved, and it looked to have put even more of a spring in his step today.

He has matured and developed so much over the years and just gets better and better, with years still to go. It’s like he’s hitting critical mass just now. We are watching something very special. :not worth

04-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Good to see him getting forward, made some good runs into the box.

MOTM performance :thumbsup:

Onceinawhile
04-11-2017, 08:51 PM
His passing has been superb. Needs to work on his shooting though!

Mr Grieves
04-11-2017, 08:53 PM
He's been fantastic this season and fully deserving of his Scotland call up.

pacoluna
04-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Take a bow Paul Hanlon. He was absolutely immense today, he was playing like a left winger at times. Club legend.

The way he played today is exactly how I want Stevenson to play. He was outstanding and attacked at all opportunities.

Argylehibby
04-11-2017, 09:03 PM

Could easily be our player of the year this season. He has been outstanding all season so far.

KWJ
04-11-2017, 09:04 PM
The way he played today is exactly how I want Stevenson to play. He was outstanding and attacked at all opportunities.

Then who makes the passes that Lewis made? The pair linked up brilliantly with each other and occassionally Stokes.

CMurdoch
04-11-2017, 09:04 PM
He is the real deal these days.
Top class!

Flyingwaitor
04-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Take a bow Paul Hanlon. He was absolutely immense today, he was playing like a left winger at times. Club legend.He has been great all season. Rock solid and can play a bit too. It astounds me that berra can be picked ahead of him. Look at the derby...Hanlon outclassed and outplayed him in every aspect. Scotland are crying out for a centre half...for my money Hanlon is the best around right now!

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 09:49 PM
He has been great all season. Rock solid and can play a bit too. It astounds me that berra can be picked ahead of him. Look at the derby...Hanlon outclassed and outplayed him in every aspect. Scotland are crying out for a centre half...for my money Hanlon is the best around right now!

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
Agreed

ValleyHibee
04-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Have had many arguments with HIBS fans who said he wasn't good enough,no strong enough,bullied off the ball blah blah blah,eating their words now,i have always rated him

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Have had many arguments with HIBS fans who said he wasn't good enough,no strong enough,bullied off the ball blah blah blah,eating their words now,i have always rated him
Yes they are mate. It’s outrageous that we don’t sing he’s one of our own song for him. In 20 years we’ll look back and see a true hibs legend.

guthrie01
04-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Hopefully Paul can pass on his experience onto young Porteous and we can have another brilliant home grown defender in our squad for the future

matty_f
04-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Hanlon is terrific, he was excellent today.

BSEJVT
04-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Hanlon has always been a very good footballer right from when he made his debut.

He has suffered through being paired with some absolute huddies over the years, yet alongside a decent centre half whom he doesn't have to cover up for has always look very assured.

People forget that he was a very young boy being asked to play in a very physical league without initially the strapping physique of say Ryan Porteous and there is no doubt that over the years he has been outmuscled by some he has faced.

That stopped quite a few years ago but many folk once their minds are made up they are made up for good.

I will be delighted when he wins his first of many caps and I cant think of a player who deserves it more.

Its noticeable that in recent season our periods of poor form / results have largely coincided with his absence through injury.

For someone of his age he has played a huge number of first team games

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 11:03 PM
Hanlon has always been a very good footballer right from when he made his debut.

He has suffered through being paired with some absolute huddies over the years, yet alongside a decent centre half whom he doesn't have to cover up for has always look very assured.

People forget that he was a very young boy being asked to play in a very physical league without initially the strapping physique of say Ryan Porteous and there is no doubt that over the years he has been outmuscled by some he has faced.

That stopped quite a few years ago but many folk once their minds are made up they are made up for good.

I will be delighted when he wins his first of many caps and I cant think of a player who deserves it more.

Its noticeable that in recent season our periods of poor form / results have largely coincided with his absence through injury.

For someone of his age he has played a huge number of first team games
Well said mate :top marks

Onceinawhile
04-11-2017, 11:03 PM

4 or 5 years or so ago he was bullied off the ball and wasn't strong enough to be fair. Of course if people don't realise how much he's improved that's a different matter.

Nicho87
04-11-2017, 11:16 PM
Not a patch on Berra.

Keith_M
04-11-2017, 11:40 PM
My Dad used to be his biggest critic but even he says this is the best he's every seen him play.

He was full of praise for him after the game..

vuefrom1875
05-11-2017, 12:04 AM
I really hope he starts against the Netherlands.

Hope he's on the bench, pure selfishness don't want him injured ⚽⚽⚽