PDA

View Full Version : Their number 22

04-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Cheating *******! Threw himself to the ground holding his face kidding on Stokes had headbutted him to con the ref into sending him off. Absolutely cringeworthy stuff. Should have been off. Rolling about the deck like he'd been shot then suprise suprise the moment he realised the ref wasn't getting the red out he leaps up to his feet and is up shouting in the refs face.

Flyingwaitor
04-11-2017, 05:00 PM
Cheating *******! Threw himself to the ground holding his face kidding on Stokes had headbutted him to con the ref into sending him off. Absolutely cringeworthy stuff. Should have been off. Rolling about the deck like he'd been shot then suprise suprise the moment he realised the ref wasn't getting the red out he leaps up to his feet and is up shouting in the refs face.This

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
04-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Disgraceful. If McCann had any conscience he'd have subbed him instantly. Hate to see that nonsense.

Brightside
04-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Cheating *******! Threw himself to the ground holding his face kidding on Stokes had headbutted him to con the ref into sending him off. Absolutely cringeworthy stuff. Should have been off. Rolling about the deck like he'd been shot then suprise suprise the moment he realised the ref wasn't getting the red out he leaps up to his feet and is up shouting in the refs face.

Stokes hit him in the stomach. 100% i saw it. I was amazed he got away with it.

greenlex
04-11-2017, 05:08 PM

Hit him?😂😂😂😂 The Guy was an embarrassment . Why was he holding his face. Big lanky prick.

So he flew to the ground holding his FACE? :confused: Strange reaction to a hit in the stomach. The boy was 100% at it, play acting to get Stokes off. Embarrassing.

I didn't see a stomach hit myself but if Stokes did then he's lucky to have gotten away with it but as I say the 22 knew exactly what he was doing with the acting.

BoomtownHibees

Aye I thought it was a bit lower than the stomach but I’m positive he struck his hand out at him

bingo70
04-11-2017, 05:10 PM

He seemed to pick out Stokes from the back of the pack and try to provoke him into reacting, I suspect he’s a hun with an axe to grind.

I don’t think he held his face though, I think stokes nipped him or something, At first I assumed in the belly but the way he went down it crossed my mind it might have been in the balls. It certainly never warranted his reaction though, especially when he started it.

Was quite a bizarre wee stramash that seemed to be about nothing at all really.

On a side note was this the incident that caused McCann to go so raj after the game?

bingo70
04-11-2017, 05:12 PM

Aye but you also saw Lennon swing a dozen punches at Jim Duffy did you no?

You may know your tactics and what not but a compliance officer you’ll never be.

Thecat23
04-11-2017, 05:12 PM

Flicked his hand into his baws, barely touched him. I seen it clear as day that’s who I was watching them arguing.

stoneyburn hibs
04-11-2017, 05:16 PM

Stokes definitely put his arm out, but not even remotely a hit. If he did make any contact, it would've tickled his belly button.

givescotlandfreedom
04-11-2017, 05:17 PM
He was a cheat trying to get a fellow pro sent off. He was responding to the crowd after it too so one to target in the future if he's a biter. It's worth nothing too it was a rammy caused by a nonsense booking by Beaton to set it all off.

04-11-2017, 05:18 PM
The reaction from the boy was utterly pathetic and as I said, the moment he realised the ref wasn't interested he sprung to his feet to run after him. The old "miracle recovery", going from rolling about in "pain" to bouncing to your feet and running in a split second.

Cheating pure and simple to get a fellow professional sent off. He should be cringing watching the highlights later on and if I was McCann i'd be having a word in his ear.

Libby Hibby
04-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Big lanky f@nny

emerald green
04-11-2017, 05:41 PM
The reaction from the boy was utterly pathetic and as I said, the moment he realised the ref wasn't interested he sprung to his feet to run after him. The old "miracle recovery", going from rolling about in "pain" to bouncing to your feet and running in a split second.

Cheating pure and simple to get a fellow professional sent off. He should be cringing watching the highlights later on and if I was McCann i'd be having a word in his ear.

McCann was defending his player in his post match comments, suggesting Stokes hit him in the baws and that Stokes should have been sent off.

bingo70
04-11-2017, 05:45 PM
McCann was defending his player in his post match comments, suggesting Stokes hit him in the baws and that Stokes should have been sent off.

McCann is obviously toiling and clutching at straws.

It was no more than a flick at most and wouldn’t have hurt him at all. Stokes also wouldn’t have been involved if his man didn’t pick him out and deliberately try to target him.

emerald green
04-11-2017, 06:09 PM
McCann is obviously toiling and clutching at straws.

It was no more than a flick at most and wouldn’t have hurt him at all. Stokes also wouldn’t have been involved if his man didn’t pick him out and deliberately try to target him.

I agree. The Dundee player going down in the exaggerated manner that he did, trying to con the referee into sending off a fellow professional, was disgraceful. It was blatant cheating, and it was good to hear the Hibs supporters letting him know that loud and clear.

staunchhibby
04-11-2017, 06:18 PM
I do think stokes was lucky to dodge a red.Happened in front of us and he clearly stuck a low blow.But still over reaction from number 22.

bigwheel
04-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Stokes indeed was very lucky not to be sent off..it was a red...however, the defender simulated the injury..pathetic

By the way - was never a free kick to them in the first place !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SingaporeHibs
04-11-2017, 06:27 PM
Stokes does get involved in these situations , it's part of his game. He has been a bit lucky a few times this season, particularly at Ibrox. However, I have no issue with him stepping up and playing a role like that as he is a senior player within the squad. That's not to say he doesn't have to be a bit careful. Today in particular was a good example of how the opposition can play that situation so Stokes needs to be a bit careful and keep his hands down. If I was in that team, I want guys like Stokes around me.

emerald green
04-11-2017, 06:29 PM
I do think stokes was lucky to dodge a red.Happened in front of us and he clearly stuck a low blow.But still over reaction from number 22.

"A low blow" as you call it. Depends what you consider a "blow". Stokes hardly touched him, and for a fit young man of his size to fall to the ground pretending he was badly hurt was not an over reaction. He was trying to con the referee.

A yellow card at worse for Stokes. Never a red card.

RyeSloan
04-11-2017, 06:36 PM
Stokes does get involved in these situations , it's part of his game. He has been a bit lucky a few times this season, particularly at Ibrox. However, I have no issue with him stepping up and playing a role like that as he is a senior player within the squad. That's not to say he doesn't have to be a bit careful. Today in particular was a good example of how the opposition can play that situation so Stokes needs to be a bit careful and keep his hands down. If I was in that team, I want guys like Stokes around me.

He wasn't involved though...the twat sprinted up to him and tried to start something. He then tried to con the ref into giving a red card. Pathetic all round from the Dee player.

04-11-2017, 06:39 PM

True but Stokes needs to be careful that he doesn't become someone the opposition know they can easily wind up and provoke a reaction from. Thats probably why the Dundee 22 did seek him out today, he knew if he could get in his face then there was a good chance he could provoke Stokes into something silly.

500miles
04-11-2017, 06:57 PM
I particularly enjoyed when Simon Murray rolled around, taking the piss out of him. Point well made!

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Didn't realise it was Colin Hendry's son. Should be embarrassed by his over reaction.

Edit: not Colin Hendry's son. The Sun talking pish.

weecounty hibby
04-11-2017, 07:04 PM
I didn't see anything that Stokesy was meant to have done. But whatever it was is DEFINITELY NOT a red card. The authorities have made that perfectly clear with the Ryan Jack appeal decision during the week.

Famous Fiver
04-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Loved it when McCann and his number 2 (yes you could confuse him with a real number 2) were behaving like spoilt kids on the touchline. They were at it all game.

Got a message for you two guys.

GIRFUY

Hope you go down. It's what you deserve (and take your number 22 with you)

greenlex
04-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Didn't realise it was Colin Hendry's son. Should be embarrassed by his over reaction.

Edit: not Colin Hendry's son. The Sun talking pish.
Couldn’t possibly be Colin Henry’s son. Might have been his wife’s son but Henry would slap him silly for that nonsense. I know I would.

Danderhall Hibs
04-11-2017, 07:17 PM
A wee flick on the tip can be sore like. Usually takes a bit longer to sink in though - he toppled as soon as Stokes touched it.

Eyrie
04-11-2017, 07:44 PM
True but Stokes needs to be careful that he doesn't become someone the opposition know they can easily wind up and provoke a reaction from. Thats probably why the Dundee 22 did seek him out today, he knew if he could get in his face then there was a good chance he could provoke Stokes into something silly.

It was very obvious that the Dundee players went for Stokes as soon as he arrived on the scene.

However Stokes was booked at the time, so I assume that the compliance officer can't do anything even if the allegations of a low blow are correct.

greenlex
04-11-2017, 07:46 PM
It was very obvious that the Dundee players went for Stokes as soon as he arrived on the scene.

However Stokes was booked at the time, so I assume that the compliance officer can't do anything even if the allegations of a low blow are correct.
Looks low on the tv but hardly any contact. No chance the big blouse needed to go down like that.