PDA

View Full Version : I’m loving this

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Going to games this season has been outstanding, even when we lost to the sheep I still enjoyed the game. After 3 years in the championship it’s been great going to games and seeing competitive games.
Obviously winning and having such a good team and manager helps, but it’s not just that, the feel around the stadium is like night and day from the last few seasons.
Onwards and upwards.

The Harp Awakes
04-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Totally agree. There's a real buzz about the place. The roar of the crowd today when the Hibees attacked in the 2nd half was impressive.

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Totally agree. There's a real buzz about the place. The roar of the crowd today when the Hibees attacked in the 2nd half was impressive.
:agree: Outside the derby it was probably the best atmosphere all season.

IlDiavola
04-11-2017, 04:57 PM
:thumbsup:

Great times and plenty ahead I'd say.

:flag:

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 05:04 PM
:thumbsup:

Great times and plenty ahead I'd say.

:flag:
I think there will be.

gazzag70
04-11-2017, 05:14 PM
I think the years of toil and hardship are behind us and now we are in a stronger position than all other Scottish clubs outside of Celtic.We can in the coming seasons push on and benefit from laying solid groundstones .We have a great management team,a solid Board, great facilities, leap years ahead of most Scottish clubs, the futures bright, the future is Green GGTTH!!

GreenCastle
04-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Different culture and mentality with this team / club now.

SteveHFC
04-11-2017, 05:26 PM
when was the last time we won 4 in a row in top league

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 05:31 PM
I think the years of toil and hardship are behind us and now we are in a stronger position than all other Scottish clubs outside of Celtic.We can in the coming seasons push on and benefit from laying solid groundstones .We have a great management team,a solid Board, great facilities, leap years ahead of most Scottish clubs, the futures bright, the future is Green GGTTH!!
:agree: All those years of doing things the right way are finally paying dividends. We’re well positioned to push on and become the force we’ve always believed us to be. It’s not the house of cards that other clubs are building. We’re here to stay.

Bam
04-11-2017, 05:35 PM
when was the last time we won 4 in a row in top league

Having a wee look the now, supposedly we won 5 on the trot in February 2011 under that huddy Colin Calderwood :eek: Before that it was Feb 2008 under Mixu

Smartie
04-11-2017, 05:42 PM
I'm surprised at how happy I feel tonight, but I am honestly absolutely ecstatic at that win.

We've won the derby, we've had some great results in Glasgow this season, but our weakness has been getting the 3 points at home against the other teams.

That was a tough, tough game today. Dundee deserve great credit for what they brought to the game - for a team down on their luck and bottom of the league they offered a lot. The target man up front was a nuisance, El Bakhtaoui's touch was sublime and they dominated us for long periods of that first half when we looked off-colour. They were unlucky that it only took a wonder save from Rocky to stop them taking a lead early in the second half that would have really put us under pressure.

Lennon made game-changing decisions. Several players put in really gutsy, committed performances. We dug out a win when we were far from our best. To a man, our players stood up to be counted today, and the fans stuck with them all the way.

So we look like we can win different types of games, in different ways, whilst utilising all of the players in our squad.

I'm a happy, happy man tonight.

Good stuff Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
04-11-2017, 05:47 PM
Great stadium, top manager, very decent squad, expanding fan base, well run club.

Sir David Gray
04-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Great 3 points today. We've played a lot of football over the last 2 weeks which must have been physically and mentally draining. To have come away with 4 straight wins is fantastic and shows how strong this club is right now.

Dundee were the better side for the majority of the first half today and Rocky had to make an unbelievable save to avoid us going behind early in the second half.

Once we scored the second goal, I was really impressed with our play and we looked comfortable for the majority of the game after that.

There's a lot of things to admire about the club right now and we're certainly going in the right direction.

wookie70
04-11-2017, 06:24 PM
It was a really enjoyable watch today. Dundee were more than decent and played some lovely stuff in the first half. We had some good goals, a fantastic save, a scramash in the middle of the park, ridiculous refereeing and assistant refereeing and both teams attacking for the whole 90 minutes. The result of course helps but the atmosphere was really good too.

Still Smiling
04-11-2017, 06:31 PM
And a number of good youngsters coming through the ranks.

CMurdoch
04-11-2017, 08:02 PM
Going to games this season has been outstanding, even when we lost to the sheep I still enjoyed the game. After 3 years in the championship it’s been great going to games and seeing competitive games.
Obviously winning and having such a good team and manager helps, but it’s not just that, the feel around the stadium is like night and day from the last few seasons.
Onwards and upwards.

Snap. Like you I enjoyed the Aberdeen game despite the defeat. It was good to watch quality players on both sides going at it.
Even the likes of Dundee at the bottom of the league have players that are good to watch.
Obviously it helps that we are at the races and have classy players.

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Agreed. It's a great time to be a Hibs fan right now. Even though today was a narrow victory against a team at the bottom of the league, the atmosphere was really good. In previous seasons, pre-relegation, a game like that would have been flat, played in front of a crowd of about 8000. There is such a feel good factor around the club.

Only slight downside is it take ages to get home as the bigger crowds means more traffic, but then I can handle that after a win, I'm no one for leaving early. :greengrin

Mr White
04-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Agreed. It's a great time to be a Hibs fan right now. Even though today was a narrow victory against a team at the bottom of the league, the atmosphere was really good. In previous seasons, pre-relegation, a game like that would have been flat, played in front of a crowd of about 8000. There is such a feel good factor around the club.

Only slight downside is it take ages to get home as the bigger crowds means more traffic, but then I can handle that after a win, I'm no one for leaving early. :greengrin

Aye the buzz around the place on match day is brilliant just now. We really enjoyed today, what a transformation in the last 18 months!

Onceinawhile
04-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed today's game even if I was two minutes late in and then missed dundee's goal getting my kids a drink.

Borderhibbie76
04-11-2017, 08:21 PM
I'm surprised at how happy I feel tonight, but I am honestly absolutely ecstatic at that win.

We've won the derby, we've had some great results in Glasgow this season, but our weakness has been getting the 3 points at home against the other teams.

That was a tough, tough game today. Dundee deserve great credit for what they brought to the game - for a team down on their luck and bottom of the league they offered a lot. The target man up front was a nuisance, El Bakhtaoui's touch was sublime and they dominated us for long periods of that first half when we looked off-colour. They were unlucky that it only took a wonder save from Rocky to stop them taking a lead early in the second half that would have really put us under pressure.

Lennon made game-changing decisions. Several players put in really gutsy, committed performances. We dug out a win when we were far from our best. To a man, our players stood up to be counted today, and the fans stuck with them all the way.

So we look like we can win different types of games, in different ways, whilst utilising all of the players in our squad.

I'm a happy, happy man tonight.

Good stuff Hibs.It's a game good Hibs teams of the past would have lost...even perhaps a Stubbsy Hibs or a Mowbray Hibs. Great win indeed when far from our best which is very encouraging mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HFCdeb
04-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Think I enjoyed that win more than the derby, to be honest. These type of games have been banana skins for us in the past and Lennon absolutely stole the show with his half time changes. Delighted we have such a great manager and squad. The table looks braw as well.

RoYO!
04-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Tremendous interview with NL on YouTube. Excellent summary and depth of response. Seems to be very much enjoying life at hibs. Long may it continue!

Famous Fiver
04-11-2017, 08:36 PM
We've had as many league wins ( 4 ) in the last 11 days as Hawrts have had all season.

They seem quite confident over on Brokeback that they will be in front of us before the next derby.

Dear oh dear oh dear................

WhileTheChief..
04-11-2017, 08:39 PM
This is my favourite ever time as a Hibs fan.

I don’t remember feeling this good about things before and everything just points to great times ahead.

FilipinoHibs
04-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Aye the buzz around the place on match day is brilliant just now. We really enjoyed today, what a transformation in the last 18 months!

Back in Edinburgh in two weeks and going with my son's. Got tickets early for Saints game and looking forward to it big time.

Sir David Gray
04-11-2017, 08:44 PM
I actually really, really like Neil Lennon.

I never thought that I would ever say those words in my life.

He's not only doing a brilliant job with the team just now but he's always very open and honest and straight to the point whenever I've heard him in interviews.

It's a great time to be a Hibs fan.

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Think I enjoyed that win more than the derby, to be honest. These type of games have been banana skins for us in the past and Lennon absolutely stole the show with his half time changes. Delighted we have such a great manager and squad. The table looks braw as well.
It’s funny you say that. I went to the game today expecting a win and when we scored so early I thought it was going to be a walkover. I think the crowd today were thinking similarly, but a combination of Dundee being better and a shocking refereeing performance turned it into a bit of a derby feel. The cheer at full time said it all.
As I said I’m loving this. Ggtth

matty_f
04-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Things are going well and hopefully that continues.

There's a real connection between the club, the support, and the players at the moment. That's a very powerful thing to have in our favour.

When you throw in good performances, and a team that turns up when it matters, then there's a lot to love about Hibs at the moment.

HFCdeb
04-11-2017, 08:52 PM
It’s funny you say that. I went to the game today expecting a win and when we scored so early I thought it was going to be a walkover. I think the crowd today were thinking similarly, but a combination of Dundee being better and a shocking refereeing performance turned it into a bit of a derby feel. The cheer at full time said it all.
As I said I’m loving this. Ggtth

You're right, the second half did have a derby feel to it. Great time to be a Hibby for sure. I know the players will be glad of the international break but I'm gutted there's two weeks before we go back to Easter Road.

bingo70
04-11-2017, 08:56 PM
I know this might sound daft considering some of the big wins we’ve had recently but for some reason I can’t help but think that was our best win of the season.

Can’t put my finger on why as we’ve obviously beat the rangers at ibrox and recently pumped hearts, I just think today underlined the shift in mentality at the club since Lennon took over.

Things went against us today with injuries, conceding the goal, having to change formation, a goal being disallowed. There’s no doubt in my mind in recent years there would have been a subconscious attitude “we’ve done well recently it’s not the end of the world if we lose today”.

This teams got massive balls though and that combined with no shortage of quality it’s a great mix.

ValleyHibee
04-11-2017, 08:58 PM
I actually really, really like Neil Lennon.

I never thought that I would ever say those words in my life.

He's not only doing a brilliant job with the team just now but he's always very open and honest and straight to the point whenever I've heard him in interviews.

It's a great time to be a Hibs fan.
It sure is and makes it all the sweeter that hertz are S****

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 09:04 PM
You're right, the second half did have a derby feel to it. Great time to be a Hibby for sure. I know the players will be glad of the international break but I'm gutted there's two weeks before we go back to Easter Road.

I know, I hate these international breaks, but it probably comes at a good time for us. See you behind the goals at Hamilton.

Sir David Gray
04-11-2017, 09:06 PM
I know this might sound daft considering some of the big wins we’ve had recently but for some reason I can’t help but think that was our best win of the season.

Can’t put my finger on why as we’ve obviously beat the rangers at ibrox and recently pumped hearts, I just think today underlined the shift in mentality at the club since Lennon took over.

Things went against us today with injuries, conceding the goal, having to change formation, a goal being disallowed. There’s no doubt in my mind in recent years there would have been a subconscious attitude “we’ve done well recently it’s not the end of the world if we lose today”.

This teams got massive balls though and that combined with no shortage of quality it’s a great mix.

Lennon alluded to that kind of mindset being discussed at half time, in his post match interview.

He said he told the players at half time that they could either have him go out and tell the media that they were just tired or they could go out in the second half and "grab the game by the scruff of the neck".

The players chose the latter approach.

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2017, 10:54 AM
For us guys who began watching Hibs from the mid 70s onwards this is a golden age we probably thought would never happen. The roller coaster from then until now has been some ride for folk who have stuck with the club as match attending fans and even though nobody is going to pretend we are Barcelona on the park this is a team with some flair, plenty of guts and what looks like a great spirit.
Funnily enough that wasn't more evident than in our defeat by Celtic at Hampden, where even though we went behind to two poor goals we stuck at it and managed to get ourselves into a position where we were as likely to take the game to extra time as Celtic were to win it .... that told us everything we needed to know about the attitude of the team.

We are well run off the pitch with a CEO who has finally managed to bring something rather obvious to the table that for some reason was missing for most of the last 4 or 5 decades .... that being to simply recognise that the fans are to a large extent the club. They give it the oxygen to survive and create its culture and if you make them feel part of it you immediately create a far better feeling around the club, we now have a situation where thousands of ordinary fans own a part of Hibs through HSL or individually purchased shares and even if like me that amounts to the equivalent of a floodlight in real terms, you can still say ... yes I own part of Hibernian football club.

Its a great time to be a Hibby and for anybody out there with kids I would encourage them to take as many photos and selfies and stuff showing themselves and the kids inside the stadium as they can, so that if in years to come our bubble bursts they will have something to look back on showing themselves inside a packed ER back in the good old days .... I mean, nearly 17,000 against bottom of the league Dundee, c'mon :greengrin

Everything has its downside and as somebody else said its a bugger getting out of Edinburgh after the match these days and you cant get a seat in the bloody boozer any more ...... long may it continue :aok: