PDA

View Full Version : Lennon's tactical switch

Diclonius
04-11-2017, 05:27 PM
That won us the game today. It was brave of him to go for it and change formation right from the start of the 2nd half but it worked. Credit due.

stonewaller1875
04-11-2017, 05:28 PM
That won us the game today. It was brave of him to go for it and change formation right from the start of the 2nd half but it worked. Credit due.Totally agree

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
04-11-2017, 05:29 PM
That won us the game today. It was brave of him to go for it and change formation right from the start of the 2nd half but it worked. Credit due.

Yip. The Manager again made the changes that secured us 3 points. Great subs. Great 2nd half.

Carheenlea
04-11-2017, 05:31 PM
I was surprised with Stokes for McGeouch, but the half time subs saw a pretty solid formation and one that worked very well. Brave alright to commit all the subs at that stage when it's 1-1, but rewarded with a great three points.

Billychaotic182
04-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Stokes was outstanding and changed the game for us

TelaStella
04-11-2017, 05:33 PM
I'd say today was our toughest game all season but the Lennon effect got us through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibee87
04-11-2017, 05:35 PM
I was surprised with Stokes for McGeouch, but the half time subs saw a pretty solid formation and one that worked very well. Brave alright to commit all the subs at that stage when it's 1-1, but rewarded with a great three points.

Mcgeough was injured. Looked liek barkercwas aswell so forced the changes. Good choice to take gray of andxgo 3at back.

Thought slivka looked good playing in his proper position

neil7908
04-11-2017, 05:35 PM
That's one of the things I like love about Lennon.

A lot of managers would have given it 15-20 minutes in the second half but he recognised that it wasn't working and acted.

It won't always work but I want a manager who is brave rather than hoping for the best.

guthrie01
04-11-2017, 05:36 PM
2 weeks with 4 difficult games yet we still managed 12/12

Well done Lennon for putting us in a great place, still a long way to go but confident we can still get better and secure a Europe spot

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 05:39 PM
We completely lost our way after our goal, it was good to get in at half time and allow Lennon to work his magic. There can’t be any doubters left about Lennon now.

LancsHibs
04-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Well done NL. Changed the game. Big 3 points

Smartie
04-11-2017, 05:55 PM
Neil Lennon MOTM today.

He acknowledged it wasn't working, acted early, made decisive changes and won us the game.

I love Neil Lennon. He's proven his worth in several different ways to us so far, but today he proved again how good a manager he is.

ACLeith
04-11-2017, 05:59 PM
And it also forced McCann to match up in midfield which badly affected their performance and shape. The pupil learns at the feet of the master.

stoneyburn hibs
04-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Inspired, well done Lenny.

Hi Heid Yin
04-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Today was a lesson in a shrewd manager making the changes to impact a game for the better.
So uplifting to know that we have Neil Lennon at the helm.
I've said it before and will say it again: Lennon is the best manager we have had since Turnbull.

green day
04-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Today was a lesson in a shrewd manager making the changes to impact a game for the better.
So uplifting to know that we have Neil Lennon at the helm.
I've said it before and will say it again: Lennon is the best manager we have had since Turnbull.

I love Stubbsy for the cup win - but thats a match we may have lost or drawn under him.

......although, some of it was enforced, NL and his team have the experience to see what changes are needed.

GreenCastle
04-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Lennon really has a good record of making good changes which have an effect on the outcome.

Several examples last season with subs also that won us key points.

That win had Lennon written all over it.

gazzag70
04-11-2017, 06:35 PM
Barker was limping off at half time, I think that change was enforced but worked in our favour. We have a good squad to deal with changes now though GGTTH!

147lothian
04-11-2017, 06:43 PM

Yip it was Stokes who made the goal for Murray, we were fortunate to get in at half time level IMO, I don't think there can be any Lennon doubters left, that was a master stroke from NL to change it ay HT MOTM for me

Ilovehibs
04-11-2017, 06:45 PM
I love Stubbsy for the cup win - but thats a match we may have lost or drawn under him.

......although, some of it was enforced, NL and his team have the experience to see what changes are needed.

Totally agree. Said the same thing at the end of the game.

Well done Lenny.

thebausburst
04-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Stokes was outstanding and changed the game for us

This 100% answered all those saying we are better without him !

147lothian
04-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Lennon really has a good record of making good changes which have an effect on the outcome.

Several examples last season with subs also that won us key points.

That win had Lennon written all over it.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Hi Heid Yin
04-11-2017, 06:54 PM

I agree.
Also, Stubbsy has earned the title "legend".
He built a great, if not always effective squad in the league, and laid the foundations for Neil Lennon to come in and clinch that elusive championship and lift us to another level - which is where we currently are - one of the top 3 teams in the country.

wookie70
04-11-2017, 06:55 PM
I criticise him when he gets it wrong so only right to say well done when he makes a positive and game winning change. I think the Stokes sub was a mistake and he realised it wasn't going to work at half time. It was a ballsy move using up our other two subs and he might have happened on a very good formation for us. Porteous is ready and playing three strong ball carrying Centre Halves gives us a great base for our attacks. Paul Hanlon was outstanding after being given the freedom to get forward due to the extra CH and Big Marv holding the fort in his absence.

If Dylan is out for a bit I think this gives us a strong defense, accommodates Slivka and also gets Stokes back in the team.

Stokes, Hanlon and Stevenson were all brilliant down the left in the second half. A mention must go to McCann for his managerial masterclass in taking the boy that was ripping Lewis up for toilet paper. Whilst Lennon's subs and Rocky's save were definitely turning points I think that substitution played a big part in our win too.

ballengeich
04-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Praise to the manager for the change of formation at half time. The other change was that he got the players combining as a team while in the first half they'd been making individual runs rather than passing the ball around. Perhaps Boyle's first minute goal got them thinking they could all run through Dundee.

Winston Ingram
04-11-2017, 07:05 PM

Absolutely. We have a gem of a manager🇳🇬

Baw187
04-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Neil Lennon MOTM today.

He acknowledged it wasn't working, acted early, made decisive changes and won us the game.

I love Neil Lennon. He's proven his worth in several different ways to us so far, but today he proved again how good a manager he is.

Absolutely spot on.

We were losing the midfield battle in the first half and taking action to put the numbers in there and take control of the match won us the game for sure.

RyeSloan
04-11-2017, 07:39 PM

Not disagreeing but I said before the game that I was really surprised he was playing the same players in the same formation again...especially after them looking a bit jaded against Killie.

Sure he reacted well and turned the situation around but I think to some degree at least he caused some of the issues with his starting line up in the first place.

WhileTheChief..
04-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Neil Lennon MOTM today.

Great to see he’s finally getting the credit he deserves.

He’s an outstanding manager. I can barely believe he’s at Hibs and loving it so much. He talks with so much conviction that I buy into everything he says.

In his press conference yesterday he’s asked if he’s trying to install the winning mentality he had at Celtic into Hibs. An emphatic Yes is all he had to say. Brilliant.

The players must love having him leading them. Long may it continue, the best is yet to come.

ValleyHibee
04-11-2017, 08:31 PM
As many people have stated we are lucky too have Lennon,Must surely be winning over anybody that had doubts about him,Had a feeling it would be a tough game,Terrific start but after they equalised lost control of the midfield due to Dylan struggling & them containing SJM,much improved 2nd half,Rocky only had one save too make(stunning)& that was it,Hanlon outstanding,playing at times like a left winger

pacoluna
04-11-2017, 08:49 PM
As many people have stated we are lucky too have Lennon,Must surely be winning over anybody that had doubts about him,Had a feeling it would be a tough game,Terrific start but after they equalised lost control of the midfield due to Dylan struggling & them containing SJM,much improved 2nd half,Rocky only had one save too make(stunning)& that was it,Hanlon outstanding,playing at times like a left winger
The only people that have doubts coincidentally are the people that keep on bringing up stubbs at every opportunity

inglisavhibs
04-11-2017, 08:59 PM
I thought I heard Lennon say they were all injuries so changes forced on us. Even so the whole energy of the team went up a notch in th 2nd half. Very enjoyable game and thankfully the right result.

Eyrie
04-11-2017, 09:02 PM
I didn't think that the first change of formation with Stokes coming on for the injured McGeouch worked, but Lennon's decision to change to 3-5-2 at half time was an excellent move as we finally got to grips with their midfield.

Mr Grieves
04-11-2017, 09:03 PM
He can be a bit slow at making changes but certainly not today! Showed balls and it changed the game

wookie70
04-11-2017, 09:04 PM
I thought I heard Lennon say they were all injuries so changes forced on us. Even so the whole energy of the team went up a notch in th 2nd half. Very enjoyable game and thankfully the right result.

He said Dyaln got a tweaked hamstring and that SDG and Barker were carrying knocks but had declared themselves fit to play. Looks like the subs may have been more for injuries than just tactical but he did make good choices at Half Time and we were by far the better team in the second half. Conversely McCann took off one of their best players that allowed us to completely dominate our left side of the pitch.

Jones28
04-11-2017, 09:08 PM
He said Dyaln got a tweaked hamstring and that SDG and Barker were carrying knocks but had declared themselves fit to play. Looks like the subs may have been more for injuries than just tactical but he did make good choices at Half Time and we were by far the better team in the second half. Conversely McCann took off one of their best players that allowed us to completely dominate our left side of the pitch.

I thought McCann made some bizarre decisions, that was the strangest. Deacon was their best player and got a lot of change out of Stevenson. I didn't think Lewis played particularly poorly, Deacon was just really strong and powerful, difficult to play against.

macca70
04-11-2017, 09:10 PM
It was 3 injuries!!

Did folk not see McGeocch and Barker go off injured and clearly Gray was not tactical so must have been injured too.

Eyrie
04-11-2017, 09:28 PM
It was 3 injuries!!

Did folk not see McGeocch and Barker go off injured and clearly Gray was not tactical so must have been injured too.
The injuries may have dictated that substitutions were required at half time, but not that we needed to change formation.

Lennon could have moved Ambrose to right back and stuck with a back four. Instead he changed to three centre halves and had Boyle drop deeper to play wing back whilst pushing Stevenson forward on the left.