PDA

View Full Version : Beaton

Real Emerald
04-11-2017, 04:18 PM
We won despite this clown and his useless East side linesman, shocking performance AGAIN 😡

Carheenlea
04-11-2017, 04:20 PM
The offside in our half and making them take the free kick from in our own half bewildering.

Thecat23
04-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Mans a clown.

neil7908
04-11-2017, 04:21 PM
A shocker of a display but cant say I'm surprised

The Harp Awakes
04-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Tried his hardest to deny us a win but it didn't work. Joke yellows for Hibs players.

Off the bar
04-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Tried his hardest to deny us a win but it didn't work. Joke yellows for Hibs players.

The yellow for porteous was a joke, no idea what that was for

brog
04-11-2017, 04:27 PM
The offside in our half and making them take the free kick from in our own half bewildering.

He actually got that one right, rule changed this season. However, after his performance Sevco/Hamilton in the cup last season he should never have been allowed to referee again. He's hopeless

SouthMoroccoStu
04-11-2017, 04:30 PM
The assistant referee on the west stand side is doing sod all to help the advancement of female officials in the professional male game.

Totally useless and seemed frightened to make a decision

TelaStella
04-11-2017, 04:34 PM
The offside on Murray is perhaps the strangest refereeing decision I have ever witnessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
04-11-2017, 04:35 PM
He actually got that one right, rule changed this season. However, after his performance Sevco/Hamilton in the cup last season he should never have been allowed to referee again. He's hopeless

I'll take that back then - didn't know of new rule :doh:

Plenty other demonstrations of incompetence to throw at him though.

danhibees1875
04-11-2017, 04:36 PM

Sorry, what rules have changed that made that the right call??

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Sorry, what rules have changed that made that the right call??I thought it was the correct call, too.

The "foul" occurred when Murray touched the ball...ie in our half. Like every other offside, the free kick is given where the player touches the ball.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
04-11-2017, 04:43 PM
I thought it was the correct call, too.

The "foul" occurred when Murray touched the ball...ie in our half. Like every other offside, the free kick is given where the player touches the ball.

I'm completely oblivious to that then - I thought the free kick was from the position of offside. So if he was offside and ball went flying down the line, would the freekick be down in the corner when he touches the ball?

Big_Franck
04-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Sorry, what rules have changed that made that the right call??

Rules changed in summer 2016. Former ref David Elleray explained the change:

Offside inconsistency
Elleray: “Part of the law book says when players commit an offside offence you give a free-kick where the offence occurred. The other part of the law book says you give a free-kick where the player was when he was in the offside position. So a player can actually move 20 yards from being in an offside position … and it is only the moment he plays the ball that he is penalised. The law tells you to give the free-kick in two different places.

“So, in future, the free-kick will always be given where he commits the offside offence, even if he is in his own half, because you cannot be in an offside position in your own half, but you can go back into your own half to commit an offside offence.”

calumhibee1
04-11-2017, 04:47 PM

No they don’t... unless that’s the rule change that’s been mentioned. The offside occurs from where the offside player was when the ball was played.

jax67
04-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Same old Beaton!!
Always cheating!!
Couldn’t wait to book Hibs players, tried his best no to book Dundee. Totally incompetent!!

Brightside

It was correct. Simon was off side in their half when the pass was made - he ran on to our half where he then touched the ball. It really doesnt matter that the took the FK from where the whistle was blown. Lennon gave Murray pelters for it btw.

calumhibee1
Rules chnaged in summer 2016. Former ref David Elleray explained the change:

Offside inconsistency
Elleray: “Part of the law book says when players commit an offside offence you give a free-kick where the offence occurred. The other part of the law book says you give a free-kick where the player was when he was in the offside position. So a player can actually move 20 yards from being in an offside position … and it is only the moment he plays the ball that he is penalised. The law tells you to give the free-kick in two different places.

“So, in future, the free-kick will always be given where he commits the offside offence, even if he is in his own half, because you cannot be in an offside position in your own half, but you can go back into your own half to commit an offside offence.”

So in that case if you’re just offside in the opponents half and chase down a long ball into the corner then the whistle shouldn’t go until you reach the ball and the free kick should be in the corner?

danhibees1875
04-11-2017, 04:51 PM
So in that case if you’re just offside in the opponents half and chase down a long ball into the corner then the whistle shouldn’t go until you reach the ball and the free kick should be in the corner?

That's the problem here, unless this rule has also changed, you don't have to touch the ball to be considered offside.

wookie70
04-11-2017, 04:55 PM
That's the problem here, unless this rule has also changed, you don't have to touch the ball to be considered offside. You are offside when you become active. The free kick is taken from where you become active regardless of touching the ball. A good rule change imo

Malthibby
04-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Back on topic please. Beaton is a complete half-wit.
GG

aljo7-0
04-11-2017, 05:00 PM
The decision that got me was the throw in given to Dundee in front of the East that was right in front front of the lino when clearly the Dundee player put it out. So clear and other - incredible :confused:

04-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Very poor performance from him today. 1st half in particular he wasn't for giving us anything. Another clown.

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 05:03 PM
He struts around like he’s the main attraction. Terrible referee.

givescotlandfreedom
04-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Really poor from performance from him. Finnie was dire at Killie but Beaton took it to another level.

Jack Hackett
04-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Rules chnaged in summer 2016. Former ref David Elleray explained the change:

Offside inconsistency

Not having seen the incident, I have to assume that Murray was in the Dundee half when a ball was launched, and he came back into the Hibs half to collect it. Yes?

Big_Franck
04-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Not having seen the incident, I have to assume that Murray was in the Dundee half when a ball was launched, and he came back into the Hibs half to collect it. Yes?

Correct. Dundee then took the free kick just inside our half as 6 thousands Hibees in the east lost the tattie screaming at Beaton :greengrin

green day
04-11-2017, 05:17 PM
He booked Lewis for something pretty innocuous (right in front of us) only 1 minute after ignoring a worse one from a Dee player !

Brightside
04-11-2017, 05:17 PM

Yes. Its the correct shout from the ref.

Jack Hackett
04-11-2017, 05:22 PM

Yes. Its the correct shout from the ref.

Thanks guys... I get it now. :aok:

Edit

Soz... meant to quote Big Franck, not myself :clown:

emerald green
04-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Beaton's performance today was pretty much what I've come to expect from referees in general. Piss poor.

Smartie
04-11-2017, 05:51 PM
I don't normally think the referees deserve their weekly bashing on here, but I thought Beaton was awful today.

It was quite a good natured match, competitive but with no malice or bad tackles, yet his mishandling almost allowed it to turn it into something totally different.

It was a scandalous performance. He actually didn't get any major calls wrong, but that was only because there weren't any major calls to make. Everything else he seemed to totally balls up.

Apart from, it appears, that offside one. Every day's a school day, I didn't know the new rules.

RoYO!
04-11-2017, 05:52 PM
He was in their half. But imo not at the point the ball was launched. I was one of the 6000 going crazy! :D

danhibees1875
04-11-2017, 05:56 PM
You are offside when you become active. The free kick is taken from where you become active regardless of touching the ball. A good rule change imo

Seems very open to interpretation, but it makes sense now. :aok:

staunchhibby
04-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Another clown appears from the referees circus.Beaton should be done under the trades description act for masquerading as a refereee.

O'Rourke3
04-11-2017, 05:59 PM
He never gave free kicks where our players were clawed back and held. West side lino never gave one decision when she could see it. Worst call was the East side who somehow never saw the Dundee players give a corner away and waved play on despite being on the goal line.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

stevie-bee
04-11-2017, 06:00 PM

The guy behind is a ref and I heard him saying that is the correct place to take the free kick it is where the offence happened (touched the ball I think) any he said the ref and lines man was correct

Glory Lurker
04-11-2017, 06:02 PM
I didn’t think Murray was in Dundee half when ball played upfield?

Sir David Gray
04-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Absolutely horrendous officiating today.

The booking for Porteous was a joke and the offside decision against Murray was just laughable.

Incredible how bad these guys are every single week.

Brightside
04-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Absolutely horrendous officiating today.

The booking for Porteous was a joke and the offside decision against Murray was just laughable.

Incredible how bad these guys are every single week.

Murray was offside.

Bishop Hibee
04-11-2017, 06:17 PM

Worst decision I’ve ever seen at a football match and I include the amateur games I played.

bigwheel
04-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Worst decision I’ve ever seen at a football match and I include the amateur games I played.

Why? He was offside...was in their half when the ball was played...became active when he got the ball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
04-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Murray was offside.

I was talking about where he awarded the free kick.

CB_NO3
04-11-2017, 06:25 PM
The linesman put the flag up before Murray was even in our half. Not even convinced Murray touched the ball but happy to be proven wrong.

RyeSloan
04-11-2017, 06:32 PM
I'm not buying the fact that offside is taken from where the player touches the ball...otherwise there would be plenty of offsides given miles away from where the are taken normally.

If it's to be taken form where he commits the offence then it must be where he is at the moment he is deemed offside...i.e in the attacking half.

So he may have touched the ball in the Hibs half but his offence was in the Dundee half. Ergo the free kick should be in the Dundee half.

Either way Beaton was absolutely woeful today and it's not getting a bit silly just how poor the refereeing standard is in Scotland.

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2017, 06:35 PM
I was talking about where he awarded the free kick.He was right.

Bishop Hibee
04-11-2017, 06:35 PM
Why? He was offside...was in their half when the ball was played...became active when he got the ball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I mean the giving of the free kick in the Hibs half. The worst amateur officials get that right.

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2017, 06:36 PM
I'm not buying the fact that offside is taken from where the player touches the ball...otherwise there would be plenty of offsides given miles away from where the are taken normally.

If it's to be taken form where he commits the offence then it must be where he is at the moment he is deemed offside...i.e in the attacking half.

So he may have touched the ball in the Hibs half but his offence was in the Dundee half. Ergo the free kick should be in the Dundee half.

Either way Beaton was absolutely woeful today and it's not getting a bit silly just how poor the refereeing standard is in Scotland.Read David Elleray's explanation earlier in the thread.

bigwheel
04-11-2017, 06:37 PM
I mean the giving of the free kick in the Hibs half. The worst amateur officials get that right.

Was a bit strange. Maybe rule has changed ? But tbh. Was only 4 feet from the starting offence so not really a big deal ....

Sir David Gray
04-11-2017, 06:40 PM
He was right.

How come? He seemed to be allowing them to take the free kick from inside our half at first. You can't be offside from your own half. :dunno:

ACLeith
04-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Our bookings ....
Porteous - simply why?
Stokes - he did touch the guy around the same moment the sniper got him from the East stand!
McGinn - right call, took it 'for the team'
Stevenson - a tangle of legs as both looking at the ball,farcical

Beaton once upon a time was a decent addition but like so many of them they think we pay to watch them

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2017, 06:44 PM
How come? He seemed to be allowing them to take the free kick from inside our half at first. You can't be offside from your own half. :dunno:Read David Elleray's explanation above.

The "foul" took place when Murray, having run from an offside position, touched the ball...ie inside our half.

Bishop Hibee
04-11-2017, 06:44 PM
Was a bit strange. Maybe rule has changed ? But tbh. Was only 4 feet from the starting offence so not really a big deal ....

I was told the rule had changed, ridiculously, but I think the flag went up before he touched the ball. Refs arm was up for an indirect free kick then down again. Bizarre

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Our bookings ....
Porteous - simply why?
Stokes - he did touch the guy around the same moment the sniper got him from the East stand!
McGinn - right call, took it 'for the team'
Stevenson - a tangle of legs as both looking at the ball,farcical

Beaton once upon a time was a decent addition but like so many of them they think we pay to watch themPorteous had a wee flick at the guy on the way past.

weecounty hibby
04-11-2017, 06:46 PM
How these guys are supposed to be our top officials is unbelievable. So many bad decisions made by him. We had players booked for nothing and similar "offences" by de dee went unpunished sometimes not even free kicks. He is totally incompetent and the assistants not much better

bigwheel
04-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Porteous had a wee flick at the guy on the way past.

Way past ??? They were tussling for the ball where they not

ACLeith
04-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Porteous had a wee flick at the guy on the way past.

Will look at the highlights to see if I missed anything. You can tell a lot from players reaction and RP seemed to be bemused.

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2017, 06:54 PM
Way past ??? They were tussling for the ball where they notI.meant once the ref had blown for the foul. RP started to run back, had his wee dig... the ref was going to call him back and then all hell broke out with Stokes et al.

Foritza
04-11-2017, 07:05 PM
A good referee should not be noticed - End of...

Billy Whizz
04-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Beaton was in Berlin on Thursday night, officiating at a Europa League clash. Unlikely to be back in Scotland much before Friday teatime. A player wouldn’t be allowed to play 2 days later, neither should a ref, and it showed

lord bunberry
04-11-2017, 07:11 PM
I.meant once the ref had blown for the foul. RP started to run back, had his wee dig... the ref was going to call him back and then all hell broke out with Stokes et al.

I don’t think that’s correct, it looked like Beaton signaled that it was for an elbow.

Hibbyradge
04-11-2017, 07:14 PM
A good referee should not be noticed - End of...

Unless the players start acting like fannies.

greenlex
04-11-2017, 07:15 PM
I don’t think that’s correct, it looked like Beaton signaled that it was for an elbow.
He did.

Galahibby
04-11-2017, 07:19 PM
He was absolutely ***** today. Did Ryan Porteous actually get booked for being fouled?? Looked that way from where I was sitting. The lineswoman on the west side was the only one of the three who actually did her job properly and didn't do anything massively controversial. Maybe we don't need to bring unbiased officials in from Malta - just sign up the womens' league's officials :wink:

CMurdoch
04-11-2017, 07:20 PM
There are an awful load of folk on this thread who don't know all the rules................................including me.
Thanks to those who have explained the offside free kick position mystery on this thread.
Knew there had to be some reason the ref was so insistent on where the free kick was taken from.

JimBHibees
04-11-2017, 07:21 PM
Genuinely think he loves winding us up for some reason too many games exactly like that.

SouthMoroccoStu
04-11-2017, 08:50 PM
It's time for the good old "Cheat vs Incompetent" arguement...

Simply put he's a cheat

J-C
04-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Beaton is a disgrace and should be nowhere near another football field as a so called professional referee. Some of his decisions were tantamount to cheating, it was that blatant, Boyle had a Dundee player on his back like an overcoat and Beaton waved play on, books El Bakhtaoui then 5 mins later after a professional foul doesn't give him a second card and a red.

matty_f
04-11-2017, 08:56 PM
He was brutal. I thought he got the outside decision wrong, but having read about the rule change he was right - that said, when Murray was arguing about it Beaton signaled that the foul was for using his elbows (at least that's how it looked).

I don't think he looked in control of the game at any point.

Bishop Hibee
04-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Hibs player grabbed round the neck and thrown to the ground in front of the East Stand linesman and in clear sight of the ref. No booking. Useless display from Beaton.

gaz1875
04-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Beaton is a disgrace and should be nowhere near another football field as a so called professional referee. Some of his decisions were tantamount to cheating, it was that blatant, Boyle had a Dundee player on his back like an overcoat and Beaton waved play on, books El Bakhtaoui then 5 mins later after a professional foul doesn't give him a second card and a red.

I was just going to mention the Boyle non foul, astonishing decision not to give that :confused:

snooky
04-11-2017, 08:59 PM

The law is once again proves itself to be an ass.
Ridiculous rule being penalised for offside by conceding a free kick in your own half. :crazy:

snooky
04-11-2017, 09:09 PM

Offside inconsistency

Again, fekkin' nuts.

HibbyKeith
04-11-2017, 09:19 PM
How the Dundee #8 didn't get booked for the halving of McGinn mid way through the second half is beyond me. Especially when you watch what challenges he deemed a yellow card at other times in the match.

Bizarre!

Criswell
04-11-2017, 09:20 PM
It took till the 36th min for him to give a free kick in our favour.

Joe6-2
04-11-2017, 09:26 PM
How the Dundee #8 didn't get booked for the halving of McGinn mid way through the second half is beyond me. Especially when you watch what challenges he deemed a yellow card at other times in the match.

Bizarre!

What can the club do about these refereeing 'displays' there are far to many of them!

LaMotta
04-11-2017, 09:26 PM
Beaton has been awful in every game I've seen him over the last few years - i think he is the most consistently bad referee there is. He looks like he just doesn't understand football.

His positioning is terrible, often gets in the way of players and passes, misses blatant fouls, gives fouls that aren't - remember the stone wall penalty he denied us at Falkirk the other season. Walloper.

IWasThere2016
04-11-2017, 09:36 PM

Back hander to his nads apparently

IWasThere2016
04-11-2017, 09:37 PM
What can the club do about these refereeing 'displays' there are far to many of them!

I thought he was dire for both..mostly us

Jones28
04-11-2017, 09:45 PM
There was one incident in the first half where a Dundee player had his arms around Boyle, pulled him to ground and Beaton blows for a free kick to Dundee. Some bizarre decisions to say the least.

CorrieHibs
05-11-2017, 08:00 AM
McCann not happy with him either

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41871094

Black Kyle
05-11-2017, 08:52 AM
The yellow for porteous was a joke, no idea what that was for

Maybe stood on the boys leg on the way back I’m told.

Black Kyle
05-11-2017, 08:55 AM

Offside inconsistency

I had to read that article too. Not aware of some of the rule changes and gave him belters for the Murray decision yesterday.

Golden Bear
05-11-2017, 08:59 AM
Maybe stood on the boys leg on the way back I’m told.

It was for the alleged use of an elbow I think.

MONKEY'S ERSE
05-11-2017, 09:38 AM
His normal performance I'm afraid. Dreadful. It's the inconsistencies (even minute to minute!) that gets everyone riled; not just from Beaton...

brog
05-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Last season, Beaton stood, 2 yards away as Joe Garner launched himself both feet into a Hamilton player's midriff, while the ball was about a yard away. He gave a yellow but TBF he was probably anticipating the new free for all system this season where every Sevco red card gets overturned on appeal. Beaton is a well known zombie fan & originally on his ref's profile page had it as his ambition to ref, what used to be known as, an OF game. A crap ref in a country full of crap refs.

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-11-2017, 10:16 AM
The standard of reffing in every league in the world is pretty poor tbh. At some point, video technology will be brought in to the top leagues, at which point it's another thing our country will be left behind on (currently can't justify the goal line technology)

The biggest problem we have is that retired officials have openly admitted giving more favourable decisions to certain teams. A certain paranoia sets in thinking all officials are "anti hibs"

Which of course they're not. They're just incredibly *****. Beaton is ****ing hopeless whether it's for or against us, someone takes the brunt of his ineptitude.

But then what's the answer? Invest more money in officiating? More excessive bans to cheats? Invest in technology? More officials certainly isn't the answer!!

givescotlandfreedom
05-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Looks like they got the disallowed goal for Stokes wrong too.

ACLeith
05-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Looks like they got the disallowed goal for Stokes wrong too.

Perfect example for the use of video. Game stopped anyway. Would have taken moments to confirm that he was fractionally onside. Same with their goal, again fractionally ok as the ball was played to him.