PDA

View Full Version : Patrice Evra kicks fan in the head!

Hibbyradge
03-11-2017, 11:31 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41857841

Pete
03-11-2017, 11:39 AM
On the face of it, it looks like there wasn’t even an exchange before it either. He just goes steaming in, kicks a smaller guy on the head then retreats. Before the match as well, WTF?

It’ll be good to hear his explanation.

overdrive
03-11-2017, 11:55 AM
On the face of it, it looks like there wasn’t even an exchange before it either. He just goes steaming in, kicks a smaller guy on the head then retreats. Before the match as well, WTF?

It’ll be good to hear his explanation.

Apparently the fans were abusing him for 30 mins beforehand. Something about telling him to get out of the club and concentrate on his videos instead :confused:

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2017, 11:57 AM
There are times I wish our left back would do this to people moaning at him.

allezsauzee
03-11-2017, 01:44 PM
There are times I wish our left back would do this to people moaning at him.

and he would be fully justified in doing that :agree:

It still puzzles me that there are still people who pick the slightest opportunity to have a go at Lewis. Only man to have won the Scottish Cup and League Cup for Hibs. Picked consistently by every manager in his time at ER. Gives 100% every game and never hides even when he's not had the best of games. All round decent fella. The sort of player that we should be bigging up at any opportunity I'd say.

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Apparently the fans were abusing him for 30 mins beforehand. Something about telling him to get out of the club and concentrate on his videos instead :confused:

I love this game

Smartie
03-11-2017, 02:01 PM

It still puzzles me that there are still people who pick the slightest opportunity to have a go at Lewis. Only man to have won the Scottish Cup and League Cup for Hibs. Picked consistently by every manager in his time at ER. Gives 100% every game and never hides even when he's not had the best of games. All round decent fella. The sort of player that we should be bigging up at any opportunity I'd say.

I don't think Neil Lennon will be dropping him again in a hurry.

The defence has looked much better over the past few games, Lewis has been as big a part of that as ever.

Pete
03-11-2017, 02:08 PM
I can’t really imagine Lewis doing something like that.

Mind you I haven’t seen his videos.

greenlex
03-11-2017, 02:11 PM
I can’t really imagine Lewis doing something like that.

Mind you I haven’t seen his videos.
To be fair he couldnt. Belly button? Aye. Head? Naw

MB62
03-11-2017, 02:14 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41857841

If I was Evra, I would be appealing the decision to the SFA or whoever, it was NEVER a Red card :wink: :greengrin

lord bunberry
03-11-2017, 02:16 PM

I don’t think there’s that many people who pick on Lewis. He’s proved himself to be a consistent performer over the years. I would also dispute that he was picked consistently by every manager.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2017, 02:25 PM
I don’t think there’s that many people who pick on Lewis. He’s proved himself to be a consistent performer over the years. I would also dispute that he was picked consistently by every manager.

:agree:

Most comments about Lewis Stevenson nowadays seem to be from people moaning that people might moan at him. It very rarely materialises beyond the standard criticisms that every pro player gets from time to time.

hibsbollah
03-11-2017, 02:37 PM
I was watching the game on BT sports. For some reason the OM ultras have just never really taken to Evra. He's clearly well past his best athletically and not getting a regular game, but I can't understand why a fairly large group of fans would jump over barriers just to abuse him. The kick to the jaw was pretty impressive to be fair but he'll be getting a long ban now and for a 36 year old it might be the end of his career.

lord bunberry
03-11-2017, 02:42 PM

Most comments about Lewis Stevenson nowadays seem to be from people moaning that people might moan at him. It very rarely materialises beyond the standard criticisms that every pro player gets from time to time.
:agree: I think most people realise what he is. He gives 100% and will give a 7/10 performance most weeks. We struggled in defence when Lennon dropped him earlier this season.

Craig_HFC
03-11-2017, 04:40 PM

On here maybe, aye.

There are 2 guys that sit behind me at ER and have done for about 10 years that constantly talk utter pish and are forever criticising Lewis.

I actually had a go at them in the game vs Aberdeen as they shouted ‘for **** sake Stevenson’ when Danny Swanson mis-controlled a throw in and put it out.

IlDiavola
03-11-2017, 06:11 PM
He will probably play the 'racism card' to try and get off with this.

--------
03-11-2017, 06:12 PM

Really? And you say this for what reason? :confused:

IlDiavola
03-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Really? And you say this for what reason? :confused:

I just think that's what he'll do.

I may be proved wrong however.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2017, 06:20 PM
I just think that's what he'll do.

I may be proved wrong however.Very cynical way to think if it isn't based on anything.

IlDiavola
03-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Very cynical way to think if it isn't based on anything.

I know :agree:

Probably wrong mind.

hibsbollah
03-11-2017, 06:25 PM

We've got some crowd in tonight :rolleyes:

truehibernian
03-11-2017, 06:36 PM

Donald, you're Twitter is back up and running now :aok:

Thecat23
03-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Evra is an ********. Used to have him on Insta as folk were talking about his videos, but took him off as I would cringe watching them. I actually think he’s mentally unhinged!

Shame the fan didn’t get hold of him and slap him about.

eastcoasthibby
03-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Wish he would work on his crossing, using his right foot and stop delaying passes ...if he did this he would get up to 9 /10 most weeks...😁

beensaidbefore
03-11-2017, 06:47 PM
He deserves more than a footballing ban. That's just assault.

Hibernia&Alba
03-11-2017, 07:10 PM

I'd be surprised if there was any racial abuse at Marseille; they are well known for their left wing support. If it was Lazio or the like, it probably would be.

Mikey
10-11-2017, 05:09 PM
7 month ban.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41948317

green day
10-11-2017, 06:19 PM
7 month ban.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41948317

And sacked by Marseille !

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Sacked and banned for seven months just for booting in a fan's heid? Political correctness gone mad. :greengrin

IlDiavola
10-11-2017, 06:26 PM

An apology from me on this one.

Hands up, I was wrong and out of order.

hibsbollah
10-11-2017, 06:42 PM
And sacked by Marseille !

OM ultra groups have been demanding he gets kicked off the team since it happened, and you cant cross the Ultras, they run the show. He's been mostly gash anyway.