PDA

View Full Version : Tonight’s games

renato
01-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Almost fed up saying it but, oh my days, Napoli...

Unbelievable goal, they’re destroying City here - almost the exact opposite of the last game.

Hibs Class
01-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Spurs a goal up on Real Madrid, well deserved

Still Smiling
Tottenham 1st goal just copying Simon Murray’s goal last night at Killie!

Hibee87
Almost fed up saying it but, oh my days, Napoli...

Unbelievable goal, they’re destroying City here - almost the exact opposite of the last game.

Spurs really taking the game to real as well.....real can barley string 3 passes together.

MKHIBEE
Wasn’t there a rule that domestic football could not be televised on Champions League Matchdays.?
I seem to remember Hibs fell foul of it but I see Preston are on TV tonight and there was games on last week.

Jim44
01-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Spurs 1-0 up on Real Madrid. Two players clearly offside but there’s no explaining the quality of refereeing at all levels.

renato
01-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Ghoulan off injured, that’s a huge blow for Napoli with no left back on the bench. City’s bench is outrageous.

renato
01-11-2017, 08:19 PM
City coming back into it now

Edit: equaliser, good header

hibbysam
01-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Wasn’t there a rule that domestic football could not be televised on Champions League Matchdays.?
I seem to remember Hibs fell foul of it but I see Preston are on TV tonight and there was games on last week.

The agreement was ended at the end of last season.

renato
01-11-2017, 08:25 PM
City just hit woodwork, look much better now.

18Hibee75
01-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Currently watching Spurs game but in a dilemma of whether to carry on watching this or watch napoli city, both good games it seems.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
01-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Who are Hearts playing tonight now that they have left us behind and have a galaxy of world cup stars?

Can't find any reference to them anywhere.

MKHIBEE
01-11-2017, 08:32 PM
The agreement was ended at the end of last season.

Wasn’t aware of that, thanks

renato
01-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Currently watching Spurs game but in a dilemma of whether to carry on watching this or watch napoli city, both good games it seems.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

The quality of football in the Napoli v City game is literally out of this world, a complete joy to watch.

I normally can’t be arsed with the bloated CL but this is just an education on football. What’s most impressive though is Sarri has built this team on a relative shoe string, whereas City have recruited the best players and manager, at huge cost.

I'm_cabbaged
01-11-2017, 08:48 PM
I thought I’d backed Alli for first goal and wondering how the money wasn’t in my account, just checked and I’ve done last goal.....

renato
01-11-2017, 08:53 PM
1-2 City, Stones header. Yet despite all the quality, teams still can’t defend corners properly and managers still persist with zonal marking!

frazeHFC
01-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Tottenham 1st goal just copying Simon Murray’s goal last night at Killie!

Just watched it and it's crazy how similar it is!

Scott Allan Key
01-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Just watched it and it's crazy how similar it is!

Pochettino Jr. loves the Hibees.

Hibs Class
01-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Spurs 2-0 up

Hibs Class
01-11-2017, 08:58 PM
I thought I’d backed Alli for first goal and wondering how the money wasn’t in my account, just checked and I’ve done last goal.....

2-0 but still in with a shout......

renato
01-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Insigne now just rattles the woodwork, brilliant effort

Allant1981
01-11-2017, 09:02 PM
The quality of football in the Napoli v City game is literally out of this world, a complete joy to watch.

I normally can’t be arsed with the bloated CL but this is just an education on football. What’s most impressive though is Sarri has built this team on a relative shoe string, whereas City have recruited the best players and manager, at huge cost.

sorry but in the last few seasons they have spent close to £200m on players, thats no shoe string budget

I'm_cabbaged
01-11-2017, 09:03 PM
2-0 but still in with a shout......

Can’t see it finishing 2-0 tbh. Worst of it is if I get first goal up I always back the same player for next goal!

Lancs Harp
01-11-2017, 09:04 PM
You lucky lucky lucky b******s.

Havent got BT Im having to suffer pne v Villa. Suffer being the word being a Blackpool lad.

renato
01-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Penalty Napoli. 2-2

Hibs Class
01-11-2017, 09:06 PM
3-0 to Spurs, and that doesn't flatter them

Lancs Harp
01-11-2017, 09:07 PM
I see on Flashscores (highly recommended app btw) that Rangers managed a 1-0 win against Kakamega Homeboyz in the Kenyan Premier League. I guess they must have given up the dream of playing in England and plumped for East Africa instead. :wink:

MKHIBEE
01-11-2017, 09:09 PM
sorry but in the last few seasons they have spent close to £200m on players, thats no shoe string budget
He did say a relative shoe string, £200m gets you Neymar.

renato
01-11-2017, 09:11 PM

Eh? Net spend in the summer was £45m, for a team that finished 2nd in Serie A! They gained net £100m the season before after the sale of Higuain too. So they’ve gained £50m net in transfers over the last 2 seasons? That’s not exactly splashing the cash, is it. And a drop in the ocean vs City, which was my point.

:greengrin

Edit I should have said 3rd. Point still stands though, very low spend vs premier League equivalent.

brianmc
01-11-2017, 09:12 PM
I see on Flashscores (highly recommended app btw) that Rangers managed a 1-0 win against Kakamega Homeboyz in the Kenyan Premier League. I guess they must have given up the dream of playing in England and plumped for East Africa instead. :wink:

Kakamega?? Surely the Scottish translation is A load of s***e - very apt if the huns were involved.

renato
01-11-2017, 09:14 PM
2-3 City. Big break of the ball but great finish from Aguero.

I'm_cabbaged
01-11-2017, 09:20 PM
Ahh, fek off Alli!!

Jim44
01-11-2017, 09:22 PM
3-0 to Spurs, and that doesn't flatter them

It it flatters Real. Oops consolation goal for Real.

Hibs Class
01-11-2017, 09:25 PM
It it flatters Real. Oops consolation goal for Real.

Spurs looking a little nervy since the goal, think there'll be a Real onslaught in these last ten minutes

renato
01-11-2017, 09:26 PM
Calejon was onside there, should have been 3-3

Jim44
01-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Without detracting from Spurs’ performance, Real Madrid were mince.

renato
01-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Rog gives ball away, city counter and it’s 2-4. Great performance from hem.

Lancs Harp
01-11-2017, 09:38 PM
preston 0 Villa 2

Its been brill..... honest.

bigwheel
01-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Without detracting from Spurs’ performance, Real Madrid were mince.

Madrid's first group stage defeat for five years

worcesterhibby
01-11-2017, 09:41 PM
It's amazing isn't it..large numbers of Spurs fans leaving with 10 mins to go, so they don't get caught in traffic during their teams greatest ever performance in Europe. Then at the end, after an initial cheer the ground is empty within 6-7 minutes....no rousing rendition of Sunshine on Leith..no chance for the team to jog round the ground for a standing ovation from the fans...because they've already gone...that's 21st century top level football for you...great players, great games, but totally without heart and soul and all about money.

cleanyman
01-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Zidane looked furious. This is his first real test. He can start by being brave and punting Benzema.

frazeHFC
01-11-2017, 10:17 PM
You lucky lucky lucky b******s.

Havent got BT Im having to suffer pne v Villa. Suffer being the word being a Blackpool lad.

I'm the same, really starting to miss the CL games now!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-11-2017, 10:25 PM
It's amazing isn't it..large numbers of Spurs fans leaving with 10 mins to go, so they don't get caught in traffic during their teams greatest ever performance in Europe. Then at the end, after an initial cheer the ground is empty within 6-7 minutes....no rousing rendition of Sunshine on Leith..no chance for the team to jog round the ground for a standing ovation from the fans...because they've already gone...that's 21st century top level football for you...great players, great games, but totally without heart and soul and all about money.

Disagree eith that about spurs.

So some left early, in a 90k ish crowd there will be plenty of casual watchers. And wembley is horrendous to get away from.

Hibernia&Alba
01-11-2017, 10:29 PM
What a result for Spurs tonight. Well done to them.

Scott Allan Key
01-11-2017, 10:32 PM

‘Up to their knees in Kenyan blood.’ Figures.

andybev1
01-11-2017, 10:37 PM

Sorry to be a pedant but NO! it is not. A pet hate of mine :)

Lancs Harp
01-11-2017, 11:26 PM
Spurs beat real Madrid. Well done, welcome to the club boys. :wink:

Lancs Harp
01-11-2017, 11:27 PM
‘Up to their knees in Kenyan blood.’ Figures.

:greengrin very good.

Lancs Harp
01-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Disappointing number of empty seats at the Napoli City game.

Haymaker
02-11-2017, 12:19 AM
Disagree eith that about spurs.

So some left early, in a 90k ish crowd there will be plenty of casual watchers. And wembley is horrendous to get away from.

Horrendous is under stating it!

cabbageandribs1875
02-11-2017, 01:57 AM
nearly 84,000 at wembley for Spurs v Real some seriously huge amounts of cash made there

Hibernia&Alba
02-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Everton 2-0 behind in Lyon. Their season goes from bad to worse.

Hibernia&Alba
02-11-2017, 08:06 PM
They lost 3-0 in the end. Out of Europe.

Hibernia&Alba
02-11-2017, 08:07 PM
Red Star Belgrade V Arsenal has just started.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Everton are pish, Hibs would have a very good chance of beating them. Unless they bring in better players in January, they could go down, i never thought that a couple of weeks ago, but this team are worse than i thought.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2017, 08:11 PM
Everton are pish, Hibs would have a very good chance of beating them. Unless they bring in better players in January, they could go down, i never thought that a couple of weeks ago, but this team are worse than i thought.

Think they need Big Sam to keep them up, it’s his speciality. Fans might not like him, but he’ll save them

Hibernia&Alba
02-11-2017, 08:12 PM

They have no confidence at all at the moment. I still think they are capable of much better, but they look devoid of direction. They've spent £150 million and are worse!

Billy Whizz
02-11-2017, 08:12 PM
They have no confidence at all at the moment. I still think they are capable of much better, but they look devoid of direction. They've spent £150 million and are worse!

Is that what they’ve spent, Jesus

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Is that what they’ve spent, Jesus

That should be less whatever they got for Lukaku £80m???????

Hibernia&Alba
02-11-2017, 08:18 PM
That should be less whatever they got for Lukaku £80m???????

Yep, spent £150M and received £75. They haven't replaced his goals and they have no pace in the side.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Yep, spent £150M and received £75. They haven't replaced his goals and they have no pace in the side.

They remind me of Hibs after Griffiths, no pace, no midfield, a defense that can't defend and nobody to score.

They have no quality all over the park, a team of journeymen supplemented with kids.

BSEJVT
02-11-2017, 08:46 PM
They remind me of Hibs after Griffiths, no pace, no midfield, a defense that can't defend and nobody to score.

They have no quality all over the park, a team of journeymen supplemented with kids.

A team who spent way over the odds on virtually every player they signed this summer compared to their ability

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2017, 08:49 PM
A team who spent way over the odds on virtually every player they signed this summer compared to their ability

:agree: And the older players have all got old together, and nowhere near as good as they once were. They look devoid of ideas all over the park.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2017, 08:52 PM

Did Koeman buy them, or do they have a DOF managing recruitment

Mibbes Aye
02-11-2017, 09:08 PM

Agree with that but fear it reflects the nature of the market they are in. Of the big spends, Keane and Pickford could turn out to be value for money in that they have the potential to attract a top six club, or foreign interest, should they continue to progress, in which case Everton would undoubtedly turn a decent profit on them.

Not seen enough of Klaassen to form a judgement but his age and pedigree mean his market value was going to be what it was. Similarly with Sigurdsson, they are paying the (inflated) market price for a player seen as having game-changing skills, moving within his league.

I think one of the key issues was highlighted earlier - they lost Lukaku and seemed to sign three number 10s instead of nailing down a striker. Injuries to Coleman and Bolasie haven't been helpful either, nor I guess the issues with Barkley.

I feel a bit for Everton as they had carefully built themselves into a strong side outwith that top six. One of the few teams in recent years where you could name their back five with certainty, for example. The investment in the summer should have pushed them on, but something went awry.

Whoever comes in permanently will have some decent players to work with, but will need to sort that striking situation, maybe by getting rid of some of the superfluous attacking players - do they really need Lennon and Mirallas? Also maybe a question mark about recruiting a centre-half given the age of Williams and Jagielka, though it looks like Holgate is being groomed for that role.

hibsbollah
02-11-2017, 09:25 PM
I'm watching Marseille away against Vitoria Guitamaraes. Patrice Evra was sent off before the match even started for the most incredible roundhouse kick right into the chops of one of Marseilles own fans!

Scenes.

Hibernia&Alba
02-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Agree with that but fear it reflects the nature of the market they are in. Of the big spends, Keane and Pickford could turn out to be value for money in that they have the potential to attract a top six club, or foreign interest, should they continue to progress, in which case Everton would undoubtedly turn a decent profit on them.

Not seen enough of Klaassen to form a judgement but his age and pedigree mean his market value was going to be what it was. Similarly with Sigurdsson, they are paying the (inflated) market price for a player seen as having game-changing skills, moving within his league.

I think one of the key issues was highlighted earlier - they lost Lukaku and seemed to sign three number 10s instead of nailing down a striker. Injuries to Coleman and Bolasie haven't been helpful either, nor I guess the issues with Barkley.

I feel a bit for Everton as they had carefully built themselves into a strong side outwith that top six. One of the few teams in recent years where you could name their back five with certainty, for example. The investment in the summer should have pushed them on, but something went awry.

Whoever comes in permanently will have some decent players to work with, but will need to sort that striking situation, maybe by getting rid of some of the superfluous attacking players - do they really need Lennon and Mirallas? Also maybe a question mark about recruiting a centre-half given the age of Williams and Jagielka, though it looks like Holgate is being groomed for that role.

Good post, MA. They must get the managerial appointment right and rediscover some confidence. They also need a pacey striker asap. I think Shaun Dyche would be a good move for them, and he seems to be the favourite.

hfc rd
02-11-2017, 10:46 PM
The fact they never got a replacement for Lukaku is a display of unbelievable incompetence for club of their stature. They knew he was leaving from about March and yet for the next 5/6 months, all they could muster up on a shortlist was Giroud and they left that until deadline day. Total shambles.

I do wonder if they'll be better once if and when they get the likes of Coleman and Bolasie back, but that potentially brings further problems. How long until Coleman gets injured again and will he be the same player? Will Bolasie regain form after a long injury lay-off before it's too late?

I think of their signings Pickford and Keane were still decent and the right call but other than that they've bought overpriced players like Sigurdsson or taken massive risks on the likes of Klaassen, they've not thought about their squad balance, they've not attempted to shape the team to a particular style, they have no depth and nobody who can score goals, meanwhile the likes of Williams, Jagielka and Baines have gone backwards and Schneiderlin has turned into a pub player.

So yeah, unless they get somebody in who can crack the whip and install a bit of belief and determination, and has money to invest in January in somebody who can score goals, more FB depth and some pace out wide they're probably bang in trouble

Sir David Gray
02-11-2017, 10:55 PM
You have to hand it to Everton. Finishing last season in a European spot, spending around £125 million in one transfer window and actually managing to make your team worse to the point where there's a genuine fear of being relegated is really quite an impressive achievement.

Green Badger
02-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Did Koeman buy them, or do they have a DOF managing recruitment

I think they brought in Steve Walsh last summer, the man credited with unearthing the likes of Mihraz, ****e etc at Leicester. Not sure if he was solely responsible for recruitment at Everton or if joint with Koeman.

Hibernia&Alba
02-11-2017, 10:58 PM
You have to hand it to Everton. Finishing last season in a European spot, spending around £125 million in one transfer window and actually managing to make your team worse to the point where there's a genuine fear of being relegated is really quite an impressive achievement.

It's total incompetence by Koeman and the board. It would be hard to replicate such an amateur performance.

Sir David Gray
02-11-2017, 11:05 PM
It's total incompetence by Koeman and the board. It would be hard to replicate such an amateur performance.

Just imagine what a competent manager/board could do with a war chest like that.

It's crazy to think that they've wasted all that money. I would be fuming if I was an Everton fan.

A lot of people were tipping them for challenging for a top four place this season given the money that they spent in the summer. Now it looks like they would bite your hand off for fourth bottom.

hfc rd
02-11-2017, 11:08 PM
I think they brought in Steve Walsh last summer, the man credited with unearthing the likes of Mihraz, ****e etc at Leicester. Not sure if he was solely responsible for recruitment at Everton or if joint with Koeman.

What's strange is that in bringing Steve Walsh, you assumed they would have gone down the route of trying to uncover hidden gems like Southampton did with Mane for example or more to the point, like Walsh apparently did with ****e & Mahrez for example.

I'm curious as to just what the **** he's been doing at Everton, seriously who have they signed where they needed his input?

Pickford & Keane had just had great seasons in the PL
Rooney is self-explanatory
Klaassen was clearly more a Koeman signing I'm assuming being a fellow countryman, again well known at Ajax played against Utd in the Europa final etc
Sandro was ex-Barca youngster had just scored 14 goals in La Liga season before
Sigurdsson obviously well known been in the PL for years and played a big part in keeping Swansea City up
Vlasic they signed 'cos he played against them in the Europa League

So who exactly did they have this guy scouting? Seems to have been a total waste bringing him in and not utilizing him, or is he to blame for most of these signings...

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2017, 11:09 PM
The expectation levels of many Everton fans was huge this season. They believed they had at last managed to build a team capable of challenging the top four and were cock a hoop with anticipation of leaving Liverpool trailing behind them. I love how it's turned out so far.😂

Sir David Gray
02-11-2017, 11:19 PM
The expectation levels of many Everton fans was huge this season. They believed they had at last managed to build a team capable of challenging the top four and were cock a hoop with anticipation of leaving Liverpool trailing behind them. I love how it's turned out so far.😂

Meanwhile Liverpool are closer to Everton (in the relegation zone) than they are to the top of the league. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
03-11-2017, 01:37 AM
Just imagine what a competent manager/board could do with a war chest like that.

It's crazy to think that they've wasted all that money. I would be fuming if I was an Everton fan.

A lot of people were tipping them for challenging for a top four place this season given the money that they spent in the summer. Now it looks like they would bite your hand off for fourth bottom.

I thought they'd be up there, despite losing Lukaku. However, they have failed to replace him with a like for like replacement and haven't signed any players with pace. Much of it comes down to confidence. I'm sure they will improve if they appoint the right man.

Pete
03-11-2017, 01:52 AM

At least Everton have their pride.

There'll probably be less scousers at your next home match than was there tonight. 😆

Scouse Hibee
03-11-2017, 06:19 AM
At least Everton have their pride.

There'll probably be less scousers at your next home match than was there tonight. 😆

Everton and pride!!!😂😂😂😂😂

That's a good one, up there with the Peoples Club bollox. A very Jamboesque retort to having a pish team.

JimBHibees
03-11-2017, 07:06 AM

They lost their only real goal threat and then bought 3 number 10s which seemed ridiculous without really replacing Lukaku. What was really bizarre to me yesterday was that for an interim manager who probably has only 2 or 3 games to manage played such a weak team against a decent Lyon team who were always going to be tough.

JimBHibees
03-11-2017, 07:07 AM
Everton and pride!!!😂😂😂😂😂

That's a good one, up there with the Peoples Club bollox. A very Jamboesque retort to having a pish team.

It is true though isnt it. :greengrin

JimBHibees
03-11-2017, 07:09 AM
The fact they never got a replacement for Lukaku is a display of unbelievable incompetence for club of their stature. They knew he was leaving from about March and yet for the next 5/6 months, all they could muster up on a shortlist was Giroud and they left that until deadline day. Total shambles.

I do wonder if they'll be better once if and when they get the likes of Coleman and Bolasie back, but that potentially brings further problems. How long until Coleman gets injured again and will he be the same player? Will Bolasie regain form after a long injury lay-off before it's too late?

I think of their signings Pickford and Keane were still decent and the right call but other than that they've bought overpriced players like Sigurdsson or taken massive risks on the likes of Klaassen, they've not thought about their squad balance, they've not attempted to shape the team to a particular style, they have no depth and nobody who can score goals, meanwhile the likes of Williams, Jagielka and Baines have gone backwards and Schneiderlin has turned into a pub player.

So yeah, unless they get somebody in who can crack the whip and install a bit of belief and determination, and has money to invest in January in somebody who can score goals, more FB depth and some pace out wide they're probably bang in trouble

Jury is well out on him IMO.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2017, 07:36 AM
What's strange is that in bringing Steve Walsh, you assumed they would have gone down the route of trying to uncover hidden gems like Southampton did with Mane for example or more to the point, like Walsh apparently did with ****e & Mahrez for example.

I'm curious as to just what the **** he's been doing at Everton, seriously who have they signed where they needed his input?

Pickford & Keane had just had great seasons in the PL
Rooney is self-explanatory
Klaassen was clearly more a Koeman signing I'm assuming being a fellow countryman, again well known at Ajax played against Utd in the Europa final etc
Sandro was ex-Barca youngster had just scored 14 goals in La Liga season before
Sigurdsson obviously well known been in the PL for years and played a big part in keeping Swansea City up
Vlasic they signed 'cos he played against them in the Europa League

So who exactly did they have this guy scouting? Seems to have been a total waste bringing him in and not utilizing him, or is he to blame for most of these signings...

Pickford i do think has been a success already, he's a good keeper. Keane i think will be a flop, very average player who will quickly drop down to the level he's more comfortable at, its certainly not a top 6 club IMO.

And Rooney, WTF, why would anyone sign him? He was finished 2 years ago, he's still capable of the odd flash of genius, but he was a very good centre forward, and a decent number 10 a few years ago, now he's just a slow journeyman who just moves the ball on to the nearest player, and offers little else.

Smartie
03-11-2017, 08:27 AM
A decent manager, a quick centre half, a quick striker and a couple of quick wide players and I think they'd have a great side.

Unfortunately that little lot would cost them the fat end of another £150 million.

They have good players, their good players haven't become poor overnight, but the balance is all wrong and as a team they are hopeless.

They're exactly like immediately-post-Griffiths Hibs. Plenty of decent players, no pace, no width, no creativity, no scoring threat, serious relegation candidates.

Scouse Hibee
03-11-2017, 10:37 PM
It is true though isnt it. :greengrin

Yes of course it's in Blue folklore so it must be!
Total load of bollocks dreamed up as a smokescreen to mask their failures. Now taken as gospel by Everton sympathisers 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣