PDA

View Full Version : Team vs Dundee

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Same as last night vs Killie? I’d be keeping SDG in the side after his performance last night, instead of Whitty.

Not In The Know
01-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Whitty by his standards, had a poor start but the last couple of games he played he has been great.

But SDG was brilliant last night.

danhibees1875
01-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Same team for me.

Was Whittaker injured? I thought he'd came in and done well and was surprised he was omitted, but not being on the bench suggests it was an injury.

I also wouldn't be overly concerned if Whittaker or Stokes were brought in for SDG/Murray. There are other players in the squad that I wouldn't be worried about playing either (Swanson, Slivka). We've a good squad and have gone through a tough run of games, so may need to use the depth we've built.

thebakerboy
01-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know how bad SJM's injury is , will he be able to play Saturday or not?

Jim44
01-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Same again, please.

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know how bad SJM's injury is , will he be able to play Saturday or not?

Whatever the damage is, he does not need to go to the scotland squad, get some rest..

Brightside
01-11-2017, 12:39 PM
I expect SJM to drop out.

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2017, 12:42 PM
I hope so, no interest in a scotland friendly, hibs are more important.

Vault Boy
01-11-2017, 12:44 PM
Same again with Slivka in for SJM if he needs the rest.

number9dream
01-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Three games in a week is a pretty gruelling schedule but it’s always easier to recover when the team is winning.
It might be wise to freshen things up but our options are pretty limited unless a few injuries clear up.

scoopyboy
01-11-2017, 01:17 PM
If fit I would think about bringing Stokes in for Barker.

He was great against Hearts but not so good against Motherwell or last night.

Greenworld
01-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Three games in a week is a pretty gruelling schedule but it’s always easier to recover when the team is winning.
It might be wise to freshen things up but our options are pretty limited unless a few injuries clear up.No keep going same team got three days to recover.
I'm. Not a fan of changing for the sake of it.
Pile the points on

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
01-11-2017, 03:23 PM
If it's no' broken .......

mutley
01-11-2017, 04:02 PM
If it's no' broken .......

This. I know the lads have has a few games only a few days apart, but we seem to have a winning formula, and it would be crazy to upset that balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Same again unless there are injury concerns.

Judge-Judy
01-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Same as last night vs Killie? I’d be keeping SDG in the side after his performance last night, instead of Whitty.

Listening to Lenny post match last night if Stokes is fit he'll be back in.

wookie70
01-11-2017, 05:50 PM
I think he will bring Stokes back in. He is incredibly loyal to some players Stokes being one of them. If so drop Barker and play Stokes behind Murray same idea as Motherwell formation of go for it and play 433. I would rather it is the same team though.

hibs#1
01-11-2017, 06:02 PM
If stokes is fit I'd play him in place of barker on the left,harsh on barker sure but gives us barker off the bench later if needed.other than that same unless mcginn is injured then slivka is the obvious choice.

MyJo
01-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Same line up for me, if SJM is still carrying the injury i would replace him with Slivka rather than risking it.

Even if Stokes is fit it would be very harsh to drop any of the front three who have all played very well in the last three games, have him on the bench and give him time in the second half as there is likely to be some tired legs in the squad after a heavy recent schedule

JohnMcM
01-11-2017, 06:22 PM
I think he will bring Stokes back in. He is incredibly loyal to some players Stokes being one of them. If so drop Barker and play Stokes behind Murray same idea as Motherwell formation of go for it and play 433. I would rather it is the same team though.

If Stokes is behind Murray, would that not be 4,3,2,1.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2017, 07:02 PM
If stokes is fit I'd play him in place of barker on the left,harsh on barker sure but gives us barker off the bench later if needed.other than that same unless mcginn is injured then slivka is the obvious choice.

Don't think it would be that harsh, Barker wasn't particularly good last night.

Stokes played off the left loads under Lennon at Celtic. Was man of the match against us in that position in the 2013 cup final.

Brightside
01-11-2017, 07:03 PM
If Stokes is behind Murray, would that not be 4,3,2,1.

brog
01-11-2017, 07:07 PM

Stokes played off the left loads under Lennon at Celtic. Was man of the match against us in that position in the 2013 cup final.

He didn't do too bad playing partly in that position in the 2016 final either!

Big L
01-11-2017, 07:22 PM
The system is great wi pace right across the front 3. Murray is not the same playing alongside Stokes, neither was JC. If he plays both up front then he drops Boyle deeper to balance the midfield. Boyle is less effective running from deep. Leave it as it is imo. If a player is having a bad game then replace him, but don't change a winning team or set up.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2017, 07:27 PM
The system is great wi pace right across the front 3. Murray is not the same playing alongside Stokes, neither was JC. If he plays both up front then he drops Boyle deeper to balance the midfield. Boyle is less effective running from deep. Leave it as it is imo. If a player is having a bad game then replace him, but don't change a winning team or set up.

I remember thinking that about Laidlaw before the semi, now i just think we should play the best players when they are available.

We have a squad for injuries and suspensions, and through the course of a season everyone will get some game time.

Heisenberg
01-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
McGeough

Stokes
Murray
Boyle

Big L
01-11-2017, 07:47 PM
I remember thinking that about Laidlaw before the semi, now i just think we should play the best players when they are available.

We have a squad for injuries and suspensions, and through the course of a season everyone will get some game time.

Laidlaw got the jersey because Marciano was off form. At this time Murray is the inform striker and brings a lot more to the front line than Stokes does. He has developed a great understanding wi Boyle, and I would like to see that partnership continue.

Hibeewilly
01-11-2017, 07:54 PM
IMO if Stokes is fit he is the first name on the team sheet in the forward areas. He is a class act and Simon Murray will hopefully learn from him as he is streets ahead of him. As for Barker the jury is still out for me......he makes one or two decent runs but then is largely anonymous and certainly doesn't contribute to 90 minutes or whatever period he is on the pitch for. He was really poor last night and completely bottled out of one challenge in particular. In saying that our results are fantastic so I'm happy to leave it to Lenny and back Barker to the hilt but always looking to improve the team. GGTTH

hibs#1
01-11-2017, 08:12 PM

Yeah think just off the left hand side with the ability to roam a bit is stokes' best position rather than playing as an out and out striker.

Wee Effen Bee
01-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Laidlaw got the jersey because Marciano was off form. At this time Murray is the inform striker and brings a lot more to the front line than Stokes does. He has developed a great understanding wi Boyle, and I would like to see that partnership continue.

I thought the reason Laidlaw got the gloves was due to Rocky refusing to play on a Saturday for daft religious reasons. Yom Kippur perhaps?:dunno:

heretoday
01-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Same again with two wingers, please.

Big L
01-11-2017, 09:14 PM
I thought the reason Laidlaw got the gloves was due to Rocky refusing to play on a Saturday for daft religious reasons. Yom Kippur perhaps?:dunno:

Rocky was dropped after a very poor game against Motherwell. Laidlaw came in and played against LivI then Ross Co. Yom Kipur was the next game against Celtic 30th Sept he was already out.

Eyrie
01-11-2017, 09:46 PM

You may consider it to be a "daft" religion but it obviously means a great deal to him and, despite being an atheist, I can respect his commitment to observing its most holy day.

Lancs Harp
01-11-2017, 09:51 PM
1. John McGinn
2. John McGinn
3. John McGinn
4. John McGinn
5. John McGinn
6. John McGinn
7. John McGinn
8. John McGinn
9. John McGinn
10. John McGinn
11. John McGinn

:wink:

oneone73
02-11-2017, 07:34 AM
1. John McGinn
2. John McGinn
3. John McGinn
4. John McGinn
5. John McGinn
6. John McGinn
7. John McGinn
8. John McGinn
9. John McGinn
10. John McGinn
11. John McGinn

:wink:
Injured.A whole team out!

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2017, 07:52 AM

I thought Laidlaw came in because he would miss the Celtic game because of his religious belief, and Lennon brought laidlaw in the week before to bed him in.

Stokes has not had the benefit of playing the system we currently do, and i personally think his quality would enhance it.

Murray has done well, but as with Marciano being his number 1 goalkeeper, Stokes when fit is his number 1 centre forward, and Lennon will find a place for him when he's fit.

ian cruise
02-11-2017, 07:54 AM
He was definitely injured the game before which is why he missed the game, he was first for the next game but missed it due to the religious holiday.

Edit - I'm certain this was the case because there was a lot of conversation about how seriously he took his religion whereas some others would find themselves available for a Bog game like Celtic but maybe muss against less glamorous opposition

Borderhibbie76
02-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Same line up for me, if SJM is still carrying the injury i would replace him with Slivka rather than risking it.

Even if Stokes is fit it would be very harsh to drop any of the front three who have all played very well in the last three games, have him on the bench and give him time in the second half as there is likely to be some tired legs in the squad after a heavy recent scheduleI don't think Barker has been thay great tbh...especially not a rugby park on Tues night. If Stokesy is fit get him back in imo and bench Barker

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
02-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
McGeough

Stokes
Murray
Boyle

My starting eleven as well.

B.H.F.C
02-11-2017, 12:00 PM
I don't think Barker has been thay great tbh...especially not a rugby park on Tues night. If Stokesy is fit get him back in imo and bench Barker

Agree. Was very good in the derby but pretty quiet in the last two games.

Hibeewilly
02-11-2017, 12:03 PM
I don't think Barker has been thay great tbh...especially not a rugby park on Tues night. If Stokesy is fit get him back in imo and bench Barker

Absolutely 100%

Big L
02-11-2017, 12:48 PM
He was definitely injured the game before which is why he missed the game, he was first for the next game but missed it due to the religious holiday.

Edit - I'm certain this was the case because there was a lot of conversation about how seriously he took his religion whereas some others would find themselves available for a Bog game like Celtic but maybe muss against less glamorous opposition

EEN today!