PDA

View Full Version : Development game today (Wednesday)

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Hibs at home to St Mirren today, 1pm ko at Oriam

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Dabrowski
Blake
Donaldson
Porteous
Waugh
Crane
Fraser Murray
Stirling
Campbell
Shaw
Gullane

Subs
O’Conner
Innes Murray
Woods
Paton
P Martin

Very strong Hibs team

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 12:11 PM
1-0 Hibs
Fraser Murray

The_Sauz
01-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the updates Billy :aok:

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 12:17 PM
2-0 Hibs
Great turn and finish by Hammer. Good build up play by Crane and Donaldson

JimBHibees
01-11-2017, 12:41 PM
2-0 Hibs
Great turn and finish by Hammer. Good build up play by Crane and Donaldson

Whose hammer?

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Whose hammer?

Jamie Gullane😄
3-0 Hibs, Crane

JimBHibees
01-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Jamie Gullan😄
3-0 Hibs, Crane

Why? :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2017, 12:44 PM
Is God smiling on our club?

Souter96Mac
01-11-2017, 12:46 PM
Noticed that Gullan has been scoring quite a few goals for the Development team. Is he a forward then?

Brightside
01-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Noticed that Gullan has been scoring quite a few goals for the Development team. Is he a forward then?

Yes - also plays in the Lowland League.

J-C
01-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Lowland league not too bad, will certain toughen up some of youngsters who play there, another reason we need a reserve league back, so these young lads can play against seasoned senior players.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 12:58 PM

Plays for Gala. Only 18, come on leaps and bounds this season

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Brilliant turn in the box by Hammer, and Andrew Blake manages to sneak in at the far post
We’ve been much more impressive this half, Lennon and Parker in attendance

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Porteous and Murray off, Innes Murray and Kane O’Conner on

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Think Motherwell play tonight

https://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

Dalianwanda
01-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Do The Rangers. not have a development team?

worcesterhibby
01-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Do The Rangers. not have a development team?

They are too big an important for Scotland

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-pull-out-next-seasons-10416724

I'm still not sure what league they play in though...would love to see how they are doing.

Golden Bear
01-11-2017, 03:44 PM
So was the final score 4-0?

Souter96Mac
01-11-2017, 03:48 PM
So was the final score 4-0?

Yes

Golden Bear
01-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Yes

:aok:

The good feeling factor continues.

BSEJVT
01-11-2017, 03:54 PM
How did they do individually?

Crane & Donaldson, who were on the fringes of the first team last season, don't seem to be getting many plaudits for their development performances this year?

Thanks

Hibernian Verse
01-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Why have Celtic only played 3 games?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
01-11-2017, 04:06 PM
No goals for Shaw??

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 04:19 PM
How did they do individually?

Crane & Donaldson, who were on the fringes of the first team last season, don't seem to be getting many plaudits for their development performances this year?

Thanks

Crane is on loan at Alloa, and seems to be doing very well. Callum Donaldson has been injured, and is on left at Berwick i think. Both played well today.
Kane O’Conner came on for Porteous today. Kane is the captain of Scotland under 16’s, and at 16, he’s a big figure. Tough as nails and a good footballer to boot

Ringothedog
01-11-2017, 04:22 PM
Why have Celtic only played 3 games?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They play in the youth version of the champions league

BSEJVT
01-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Crane is on loan at Alloa, and seems to be doing very well. Callum Donaldson has been injured, and is on left at Berwick i think. Both played well today.
Kane O’Conner came on for Porteous today. Kane is the captain of Scotland under 16’s, and at 16, he’s a big figure. Tough as nails and a good footballer to boot

Thanks Billy

For your money who is most likely to make the step up from the current crop and join Porteous, Shaw & Murray a regular fixtures in the senior match day squad?

Has Fraser had a wee drop in form?

He doesn't seem to be featuring as often as he was in the senior match day squad?

He is one I think would really benefit from going out on loan, lovely footballer but IMO would benefit from the rigours of the lower leagues for a while.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Thanks Billy

For your money who is most likely to make the step up from the current crop and join Porteous, Shaw & Murray a regular fixtures in the senior match day squad?

Has Fraser had a wee drop in form?

He doesn't seem to be featuring as often as he was in the senior match day squad?

He is one I think would really benefit from going out on loan, lovely footballer but IMO would benefit from the rigours of the lower leagues for a while.
The 3 you’ve mentioned have been the stand outs over the last season or two. Murray and Porteous havent been playing as regularly for the development team, as they’ve been needed to be available for the1st team squad, due to the number of injuries we’ve had.
We’ve a lot of good players 17/18/19, who may have a chance, but it’s up to them to show there good enough to make the breakthrough

wee Stevie
01-11-2017, 05:22 PM
How did Kevin Waugh play?

GoalsMcGinley
01-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Keep an eye out for Kane O’Connor. Has a real chance of going far in the game. Turned down Everton to sign pro forms at Hibs I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
01-11-2017, 06:22 PM
His grandad played for Hibs and Hearts.

Lago
01-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Thanks for your reports & analysis on development games, I look forward to them here on .net Keep up the good work.:agree:

Brightside
01-11-2017, 07:00 PM

Kano is smart player. Plenty teams wanted him. A huge young laddie too.

southsider
01-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Kano is smart player. Plenty teams wanted him. A huge young laddie too.

Lochend boy Hibs family. Stick in son.

Deansy
01-11-2017, 07:24 PM

I was at the development game V St.Johnstone - Oli Shaw apart, Gullane was the one who stood out for me. Very determined, strong, confident on the ball - an all-round impressive performance !

hibbysam
01-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Think Motherwell play tonight

https://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

Motherwell drew 0-0 tonight.

BSEJVT
01-11-2017, 07:26 PM
The 3 you’ve mentioned have been the stand outs over the last season or two. Murray and Porteous havent been playing as regularly for the development team, as they’ve been needed to be available for the1st team squad, due to the number of injuries we’ve had.
We’ve a lot of good players 17/18/19, who may have a chance, but it’s up to them to show there good enough to make the breakthrough

Thanks again Billy

ano hibby
01-11-2017, 09:15 PM
His grandad played for Hibs and Hearts.

What was his name & when did he play if you know? Ta

loveofthegame
01-11-2017, 10:18 PM
What was his name & when did he play if you know? Ta

Jim Souness. Won the league with Hibs in 52 and league cup with Hearts in 54. As far as I know the only player to have played alongside the famous 5 at Hibs and terrible trio at Hearts...

ano hibby
02-11-2017, 06:07 AM
Jim Souness. Won the league with Hibs in 52 and league cup with Hearts in 54. As far as I know the only player to have played alongside the famous 5 at Hibs and terrible trio at Hearts...

Interesting, thanks

JimBHibees
02-11-2017, 06:31 AM

Wonder if any relation to Graeme.

ACLeith
02-11-2017, 07:33 AM
Football was only one aspect to Jiim. He was I think Dux and sports champion in the same year at school, was capped for Scotland at cricket, studied and became an actuary and was MD of the company I worked for for a long time.

His retirement bash was an informal happy occasion. A few days later we turned up for work to be told he had been killed in a climbing accident in the Alps. I went back to my desk and cried my eyes out as did many many others such was the esreem in which he was held.

Jim would gave been approaching 90 now. I know he would have been delighted to watch Jamie's career develop had he survived.

ACLeith
02-11-2017, 07:35 AM
PS defo no direct relation of Graeme!!!

loveofthegame
02-11-2017, 07:41 AM
Football was only one aspect to Jiim. He was I think Dux and sports champion in the same year at school, was capped for Scotland at cricket, studied and became an actuary and was MD of the company I worked for for a long time.

His retirement bash was an informal happy occasion. A few days later we turned up for work to be told he had been killed in a climbing accident in the Alps. I went back to my desk and cried my eyes out as did many many others such was the esreem in which he was held.

Jim would gave been approaching 90 now. I know he would have been delighted to watch Jamie's career develop had he survived.

I've tried to PM you mate but don't know if it worked. Everything you say is spot on though.

JimBHibees
02-11-2017, 08:38 AM

Thanks for sharing that, he seemed like an amazing guy.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Please note that next weeks development game v Celtic, due on Tuesday 7th November, has been postponed

Next game is on Tuesday 14th November, home to Dundee, 2pm ko at Oriam

ano hibby
02-11-2017, 12:26 PM

Thanks for sharing this too, very interesting

ancient hibee
02-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Jimmy naturally found it difficult to get a regular game at Hibs.He was a really strong runner and could play either wing or down the middle.Scored 4 against Manchester City in a friendly.Next game into the reserves!Very nice man.BB officer at Newhaven as was his brother Ronnie.Death was a terrible tragedy.

stantonhibby
02-11-2017, 05:13 PM

I worked with his daughter many moons ago.

loveofthegame
02-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Jimmy naturally found it difficult to get a regular game at Hibs.He was a really strong runner and could play either wing or down the middle.Scored 4 against Manchester City in a friendly.Next game into the reserves!Very nice man.BB officer at Newhaven as was his brother Ronnie.Death was a terrible tragedy.

Yeah not easy to break into the first team when Gordon Smith is playing ahead of you... especially in the days of no subs.

ACLeith
03-11-2017, 07:37 AM
I've tried to PM you mate but don't know if it worked. Everything you say is spot on though.

Nothing come through. I'm a "PM novice" myself bit I'll PM you to see if w can make contact

Billy Whizz
06-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Highlights and goals for on lasts weeks win against St Mirren

https://youtu.be/cXM9fgsauxc