PDA

View Full Version : Highlights of Kilmarnock game

Deansy
31-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Found on youtube -

(LOVING 01:00 with Kris 'McGinn's played his last game for Hibs' Boyd greeting about not getting a penalty !!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNKYALImmlQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNKYALImmlQ)

cocteautwin
01-11-2017, 01:29 AM
Killie look like they had a few good chances. Hopefully they'll take them at Murrayfield on Sunday.

SanFranHibs
01-11-2017, 02:45 AM
Killie look like they had a few good chances. Hopefully they'll take them at Murrayfield on Sunday.

They certainly did ! A few good stops from Rocky.

SanFranHibs
01-11-2017, 02:57 AM
NL's post match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph_BOxDE0L0

steakbake
01-11-2017, 05:48 AM
They certainly did ! A few good stops from Rocky.

He looked sharp a few times there. Some great action from the gloves.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2017, 06:01 AM

Know that it is highlights but it was all on the floor.

IGRIGI
01-11-2017, 06:02 AM
What a ball from Mcginn for the 2nd!

1van Sprou7e
01-11-2017, 06:04 AM
Wow, looks like it was a great game

frazeHFC
01-11-2017, 06:13 AM

Iniesta-like, what a player.

JimBHibees
01-11-2017, 06:16 AM
Great to see rode our luck at times and Killie looked good going forward however great 3 points. Great to see two assists by Sir David for the first 2 goals. His ball for the first was brilliant.

easty
01-11-2017, 06:22 AM
Haha...when Boyd thinks he should have a pen, turns to have a go at the Hibs player, realises it's Marv and ****s himself!

JimBHibees
01-11-2017, 06:23 AM
Haha...when Boyd thinks he should have a pen, turns to have a go at the Hibs player, realises it's Marv and ****s himself!

Thats definitely what it looked like. :greengrin Never a pen.

Green Badger
01-11-2017, 06:23 AM
It's good to see the score possibly being a little kind to us in terms of chances vs goals. We certainly had plenty of games earlier in the season where it was the other way round. Some last gasp defending and good keeping from Rocky kept us in it.

Killie did create plenty of chances, hopefully they continue that at Murrayfield this weekend.

JimBHibees
01-11-2017, 06:24 AM
It's good to see the score possibly being a little kind to us in terms of chances vs goals. We certainly had plenty of games earlier in the season where it was the other way round. Some last gasp defending and good keeping from Rocky kept us in it.

Killie did create plenty of chances, hopefully they continue that at Murrayfield this weekend.

Kind of the sort of scoreline we should have got in the derby but we won both so who cares.

Green Badger
01-11-2017, 06:36 AM
Kind of the sort of scoreline we should have got in the derby but we won both so who cares.

Agreed! :thumbsup:

Topographic Hibby
01-11-2017, 06:42 AM
BBC highlights now available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41730535

18Hibee75
01-11-2017, 06:44 AM
Killie looked very good to be fair, but we took our chances and come away with the 3 points. Our first two goals looked well worked and a fantastic ball from McGinn for second, good to see we are really started to get a winning mentality and winning has became a habit for us. Probably would've dropped points in that game start of the season!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
01-11-2017, 07:11 AM
Really good goals.

Sir David with 2 assists - both excellent passes.

Great to see Boyle and Murray both score again. Barker deserves a goal as he’s been doing really well.

Also credit to Rocky for some excellent saves.

Delighted with those 3 points - our good rugby park form continues.

Cat Stanton
01-11-2017, 12:51 PM

Pretty sure these miss out a couple of quality saves from Marciano, and other chances Killie had.

Deansy
01-11-2017, 01:19 PM

Wow - what about the commentary though ? The dull, flat, monotone-delivery says he either couldn't give a XXXX / he's a Jambo/Hun or he simply didn't want to do it as, like all the other BBC Weeg-employees, he was only interested in the Septic game !!

01-11-2017, 01:25 PM

He tries at least 4 or 5 of these every game .... last night was a perfect example of exactly why. If weighted properly and played into the right area with Gray, Whittaker or Boyle timing their run to meet it well, it leads to either an easy cross for a goal or clear shot on goal for the recipient. SJM's range of passing with his left peg is tremendous.

Crazyhorse
01-11-2017, 01:44 PM

Yeah Killie looked hard done by based on those highlights.

Do they have a plastic pitch?

Crazyhorse
01-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Wow - what about the commentary though ? The dull, flat, monotone-delivery says he either couldn't give a XXXX / he's a Jambo/Hun or he simply didn't want to do it as, like all the other BBC Weeg-employees, he was only interested in the Septic game !!

Did the guy doing the commentary top himself last night? Sounds like it's only a matter of time.

Jack Hackett
01-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Rocky earned his corn with some super saves. A huge part of a maturing side as the season progresses. Get past a super defence, and you still have to get past him. 2nd is not a pipe dream.

--------
01-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Yeah Killie looked hard done by based on those highlights.

Do they have a plastic pitch?

Yup. Diabolical.

I'm surprised we played as well as we did on it. I thought 3-1 or 4-2 Hibs would have been fair. Hibs seem to have taken their chances more clinically than Killie. You get no points for 'off the framework'.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Killie will beat Hearts if they play like that.

Thecat23
01-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Killie will beat Hearts if they play like that.

Definitely, Killie are not a bad side and Hearts I think will struggle!

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Really good goals.

Great to see Boyle and Murray both score again. Barker deserves a goal as he’s been doing really well.

Delighted with those 3 points - our good rugby park form continues.Sorry mate but for me Barker was really poor last night...if stokes if fit for Sat I can see Barker dropping out tbh was hardly in game at all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibee87
01-11-2017, 02:30 PM
He tries at least 4 or 5 of these every game .... last night was a perfect example of exactly why. If weighted properly and played into the right area with Gray, Whittaker or Boyle timing their run to meet it well, it leads to either an easy cross for a goal or clear shot on goal for the recipient. SJM's range of passing with his left peg is tremendous.

It is indeed, yet it was his right peg he used for the ball to Gray as well......he has really kicked on this year has SJM

Scott Allan Key
01-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Really good goals.

Delighted with those 3 points - our good rugby park form continues.

Lovely initial cross field pass by Hanlon (?) before 1-2 between Gray and Boyle, before assist for 1st goal.

Hibernia&Alba
01-11-2017, 10:30 PM
3-0 looks very flattering. Killie hit the post twice and had a few good chances. Couple of very good saves too.

Well taken goals by Hibs; we were more clinical when the chances came.

ian cruise
01-11-2017, 11:09 PM
On a thread the other week about the Celtic Sheep game I pondered whether one of the differences between Celtic and the rest of the clubs was their insistence to follow up the second ball as too often we see a shot get parried away of blocked by the defender and no one is there to the second ball. Glad to see that's not always the case, if Simon Murray keeps that up all season he'll have a season to be proud of.

MacGruber
02-11-2017, 05:14 AM
Superb stuff from Hibs

The boy Jones at Killie looks excellent prospect - their Taylor looks good too. Maybe worth keeping tabs if we find ourselves having some spare cash.

Think Killie will take something off of Hearts too

Crazyhorse
02-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Yup. Diabolical.

I'm surprised we played as well as we did on it. I thought 3-1 or 4-2 Hibs would have been fair. Hibs seem to have taken their chances more clinically than Killie. You get no points for 'off the framework'.

Yeah diabolical indeed. I haven't been the sixty miles to Kilmarnock to see Hibernian play since the late 1990's so had never noticed they had put that plastic pitch down until this week.

hughio
02-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Spurs watching us obviously.

Their first by Dele Ali last night against Real was a straight copy of our second against Killie.

:rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
02-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Christ, fourth officials are getting younger are they not?

https://i.imgur.com/dJjliQU.jpg

mjhibby
02-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Spurs watching us obviously.

Their first by Dele Ali last night against Real was a straight copy of our second against Killie.

:rolleyes:

That's exactly what I said in the pub watching the game. Nl and mp must have similar thoughts. Spurs were different gravy last night. Third goal was pure poetry. Great side to watch.

Green Badger
02-11-2017, 09:42 PM

Yep, ball boys getting older too...

Sir David Gray
02-11-2017, 10:13 PM
First time I've seen the highlights.

That second goal was a thing of beauty, what a pass from McGinn.

Tornadoes70
02-11-2017, 10:21 PM
First time I've seen the highlights.

That second goal was a thing of beauty, what a pass from McGinn.

Probably the best Scottish midfielder around. Different class. One of the greatest Hibs players of the modern day we'll ever see at ER.

GGTTH

JimBHibees
03-11-2017, 06:27 AM

Pretty poor from Killie not to give Neil a seat though unless he has just let rip and the rest of the bench told him to move. :greengrin

jax67
03-11-2017, 06:58 AM
Great goals!!
Great composure from Boyle for the third.