PDA

View Full Version : keiran Tierney

Babyshamble
30-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Not Hibs related,but glad to see the boy signing a 6 year deal with Celtic.he's obviously got his head screwed on.good for the national team as well.class player.

JohnM1875
30-10-2017, 06:04 PM
Phenomenal player. Think he could do better than staying at Celtic though if I’m honest. So talented.

Jones28
30-10-2017, 06:09 PM
He will make Celtic silly money.

18Hibee75
30-10-2017, 06:11 PM
It's refreshing to see someone like him (even if it is for celtic), an obvious supporter of the team from a young age and stays loyal without looking at possibly silly money he could earn down south [emoji106]

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
30-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Phenomenal player. Think he could do better than staying at Celtic though if I’m honest. So talented.

Great talent, I think he'd be better off staying with them for a couple of years yet.

JohnM1875
30-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Great talent, I think he'd be better off staying with them for a couple of years yet.

Aw, totally. And he will guarantee them a good fee with that extension. But I genuinely think he’s their best player. And hope he doesn’t ‘waste’ his career staying at Celtic like I feel Brown has.

Craig_HFC
30-10-2017, 06:22 PM
It's refreshing to see someone like him (even if it is for celtic), an obvious supporter of the team from a young age and stays loyal without looking at possibly silly money he could earn down south [emoji106]

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

I'd imagine it's much easier to 'stay loyal' when you're already being paid about £15K/£20K a week.

bingo70
30-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Aw, totally. And he will guarantee them a good fee with that extension. But I genuinely think he’s their best player. And hope he doesn’t ‘waste’ his career staying at Celtic like I feel Brown has.

Don’t see why you have to move to a different country to have a successful career.

Scott Brown has won trophies, represented his country around 50 times I think and made an absolute fortune, all while being able to stay close to his friends and family, would moving to a mid table club in England away from all his home comforts and potentially missed parts of his kids growing up (if his wife chose to stay at home as some do) have made it a more successful career?

Ultimately I don’t care if Tierney stays or goes but if I was him I’d be tempted to stay put for my whole career.

Carheenlea
30-10-2017, 06:35 PM
I'd imagine it's much easier to 'stay loyal' when you're already being paid about £15K/£20K a week.

No idea what he is on, but definitely not a difficult decision, or to show loyalty when being rewarded financially. He will get a big move and make Celtic some serious dough if he keeps progressing so it's everyone a winner really.

JohnM1875
30-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Don’t see why you have to move to a different country to have a successful career.

Scott Brown has won trophies, represented his country around 50 times I think and made an absolute fortune, all while being able to stay close to his friends and family, would moving to a mid table club in England away from all his home comforts and potentially missed parts of his kids growing up (if his wife chose to stay at home as some do) have made it a more successful career?

Ultimately I don’t care if Tierney stays or goes but if I was him I’d be tempted to stay put for my whole career.

Surely if you’re a professional footballer you want to ply your trade against the best players possible and judge yourself on that? I know I would.

But, as other have said he’s probably on a very good wage so it makes the decision easier to stay at celtic.

bingo70
30-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Surely if you’re a professional footballer you want to ply your trade against the best players possible and judge yourself on that? I know I would.

But, as other have said he’s probably on a very good wage so it makes the decision easier to stay at celtic.

He gets to test himself against the best playing international players and champions league football.

Do you think less of English players for not moving to Spain even though that’s obviously a better quality league?

HoboHarry
30-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Never understood this "lack of ambition" nonsense that gets leveled against Scott Brown. He has played against the best players in the world on a regular basis despite having chosen not to leave Scotland. The choice to stay is completely his and does not reflect on his ambition levels......

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2017, 06:43 PM
He gets to test himself against the best playing international players and champions league football.

Do you think less of English players for not moving to Spain even though that’s obviously a better quality league?

I get what you are saying, but £20k - £30k a week at Celtic, or £150k or even more a week down south, that would be very difficult for any player to turn down i would think?

Billy Whizz
30-10-2017, 06:47 PM
I get what you are saying, but £20k - £30k a week at Celtic, or £150k or even more a week down south, that would be very difficult for any player to turn down i would think?

Think he’ll get to this level in a few years. Only 19 still

bingo70
30-10-2017, 06:55 PM

Depends what you’re priorities are.

I’m sure I could earn a significant amount more money doing what I do in London but I’d rather not move somewhere else.

If it’s to move to a top club like Man U or Chelsea then fair enough but to go down to a bang average mid table club I think I’d rather stay at home and win things.

danhibees1875
30-10-2017, 06:55 PM

Agreed. I seen people the other week saying Harry Kane was "loyal" for saying he'd stay at spurs... on £100k a week. I don't see it, personally.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Depends what you’re priorities are.

I’m sure I could earn a significant amount more money doing what I do in London but I’d rather not move somewhere else.

If it’s to move to a top club like Man U or Chelsea then fair enough but to go down to a bang average mid table club I think I’d rather stay at home and win things.

I think this lad is going to be special, i can see him going to a top side in England. Heard a rumour from my son, who lives in St Albans that Arsenal were looking at him.

Obviously he's signed on again for Celtic, but my lad wouldn't know tierney if he walked past his front door. If he goes south, i see a big future for him, i think he's that good.

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Seems like a good lad wi his head screwed on so no rush for a "big move"

Yeah he could stay at Celtic his whole career and win multiple trophies but he won't be testing himself against a high quality of player on a weekly basis. He'll get 6 games a season against top, top players whereas if he moves down south or abroad he'll likely play international players on a weekly basis.

Probably the first player in at least 10-15 years the old firm have produced where you think "this lad could reach the top of the game" - says a lot about our game that

hibsfan7
30-10-2017, 07:03 PM
they had to give him a better contract a team like man city will come in and buy him and double or even treble his wages no way will he stay that amount of years at celtic

Thecat23
30-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Not Hibs related,but glad to see the boy signing a 6 year deal with Celtic.he's obviously got his head screwed on.good for the national team as well.class player.

Contracts mean absolutely nothing. He won’t be at Celtic longer than a year. His stock is extremely high and clubs not just down south have been watching him. Just means Celtic get an a huge amount when he does go. I like him and hope he stays up here for a bit good for the Scottish game but I think he’ll be off.

frazeHFC
30-10-2017, 07:58 PM
He's got the potential to be the best Scottish player since the turn of the millennium. Even at his age he could easily cut it in the English Prem.

hibsbollah
30-10-2017, 08:14 PM
He's ready to make an impact in one of the world's best leagues NOW as far as i can see. He's a phenomenonal talent. Celtic will make a lot of money from him.

Im assuming he was a John Park discovery:dunno:

ian cruise
30-10-2017, 08:48 PM

It's a hard call but I think you've as much ambition playing champions league football at Celtic as you do moving to a Stoke or Watford and fighting for mistake in the Premiership. England is too fickle when it comes to players and managers because of the money, chances are he'd be dumped before he's had a chance to show what he can do because there is another player with a fancy name and big wage coming in.

SquashedFrogg
30-10-2017, 09:04 PM

Would he ever 'win' the champions league playing in Scotland?

All very well testing yourself but surely you'd want to play at a higher level and win a top trophy?

Would be a crying shame to see him not fulfil his potential by taking the easy option.

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2017, 09:26 PM
If its good news for Celtic its bad news for Hibs. Wish he'd held them to ransom and left on a free like members of our golden generation did.

ancient hibee
30-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Does our other “top”player Robertson get a game these days?

Diclonius
30-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Really hope he gets a move to a genuinely big club and doesn't turn out like all the other "best Scottish talents of a generation" to play for West Brom or Hull ****ing City.

jacomo
30-10-2017, 09:51 PM
If its good news for Celtic its bad news for Hibs. Wish he'd held them to ransom and left on a free like members of our golden generation did.

Only one of our golden generation forced through a move by running down his contract tbf. And perhaps Hibs share some of the blame there.

Michael
30-10-2017, 09:52 PM

Irrelevant news really. In terms of the distance between us and them financially it's not going to matter.

greenlex
31-10-2017, 12:53 AM
Anonymous against the Hibees at Hampden. Just saying.

Steve20
31-10-2017, 04:07 AM
It’s not good at all. I know there’s a few with a soft spot for Celtic but it’s ridiculous to want them to keep their best players.

telford hibbee
31-10-2017, 05:19 AM
thought i might be the only one that thought he was average at hampden. that said he was excellent against aberdeen last week.

hibsbollah
31-10-2017, 06:02 AM
Does our other “top”player Robertson get a game these days?

He started with a few MOTM performances for Liverpool, but unfortunately for him Moreno is having a very good season at LB and Robertsons not getting on the pitch.

calumhibee1
31-10-2017, 06:45 AM

Exactly what I’ve said before. When you finish your career what will these players that go to Everton, WBA, Stoke etc have to show for it? A multitude of programs from the time they played a run of the mill league game and were subsequeuntly spanked 3-0 at Stamford Bridge or the like? Maybe some more money? Where as Scott Brown will still have plenty money however he will also have winners medals coming out his ears that he captained the team to and the memories that go with them while also having played in the biggest club tournament of them all. Will he have got to test himself against world class players every week? No. But then nobody does. Will he have got to test himself against the cream of the crop a number of times in some of the most iconic venues in the world in the biggest tournament in the world, like the Nou Camp, San Siro, Old Trafford etc?

Let’s remember aswell there’s only ever 1 or 2 teams who could claim to be world class in England each season... that’s 2 or 4 games. Not the “playing world class players/teams every week” that seems to get suggested often. The majority of the time in the EPL you’re playing against teams that are really not particularly exciting and certainly not glamorous.

If it was me that was asked what one I would rather for myself I know what one I would pick and it definitely wouldn't be playing in midfield alongside Charlie Adam at Stoke or James Morrison at WBA and having next to no chance of winning any medals in my career.

frazeHFC
31-10-2017, 07:06 AM
He started with a few MOTM performances for Liverpool, but unfortunately for him Moreno is having a very good season at LB and Robertsons not getting on the pitch.

Shame for Robertson, hopefully he finds his way back in to the team. Imo Tierney is the better player out of the two. Scotland are lucky to have both, just wish one was naturally right footed!

we are hibs
31-10-2017, 07:28 AM
I think he's a great wee player but can't help but feel he's overhyped quite a bit. The way some Celtic fans go on you'd think he's Cafu

Iain G
31-10-2017, 07:34 AM

Yup, he gets to face Martin Boyle a few times each year until he moves :agree::greengrin

hibsbollah
31-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Exactly what I’ve said before. When you finish your career what will these players that go to Everton, WBA, Stoke etc have to show for it? A multitude of programs from the time they played a run of the mill league game and were subsequeuntly spanked 3-0 at Stamford Bridge or the like? Maybe some more money? Where as Scott Brown will still have plenty money however he will also have winners medals coming out his ears that he captained the team to and the memories that go with them while also having played in the biggest club tournament of them all. Will he have got to test himself against world class players every week? No. But then nobody does. Will he have got to test himself against the cream of the crop a number of times in some of the most iconic venues in the world in the biggest tournament in the world, like the Nou Camp, San Siro, Old Trafford etc?

Let’s remember aswell there’s only ever 1 or 2 teams who could claim to be world class in England each season... that’s 2 or 4 games. Not the “playing world class players/teams every week” that seems to get suggested often. The majority of the time in the EPL you’re playing against teams that are really not particularly exciting and certainly not glamorous.

If it was me that was asked what one I would rather for myself I know what one I would pick and it definitely wouldn't be playing in midfield alongside Charlie Adam at Stoke or James Morrison at WBA and having next to no chance of winning any medals in my career.

You make a good case there:agree:

CapitalGreen
31-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Anonymous against the Hibees at Hampden. Just saying.

thought i might be the only one that thought he was average at hampden. that said he was excellent against aberdeen last week.

We concentrated on nullifying Tierney so much we allowed their other full back to score a double.

Betty Boop
31-10-2017, 10:29 AM
He's ready to make an impact in one of the world's best leagues NOW as far as i can see. He's a phenomenonal talent. Celtic will make a lot of money from him.

Im assuming he was a John Park discovery:dunno:
He has been at Celtic from the age of seven. Is John Park not away ?

RoslinInstHibby
31-10-2017, 11:52 AM

agree with that 100%

YanYansen
31-10-2017, 01:05 PM
I think he's a great wee player but can't help but feel he's overhyped quite a bit. The way some Celtic fans go on you'd think he's Cafu

What I was thinking - obviously a talented lad, but is he really that good? Tbf, I ain't seen him play that much. Is he as good as Murphy? :wink:

supershotmo
31-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Tierney signed a 5 year contract last year so really its only a 1 year extension.

CentreLine
31-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Tierney signed a 5 year contract last year so really its only a 1 year extension.

Yes. But I’ll bet it carries a significant jump in wages

Winston Ingram
31-10-2017, 02:28 PM

He's achieved all he's going to achieve there already.

He's already proven he's ready to step up a level. From a Scotland point of you, i want him out of there asap.

It's be an absolute tragedy is he was still there at the end of that contract.

Winston Ingram
31-10-2017, 02:42 PM

What he will get out of it will be that he'll be a much better player. He may end up with more medals but in the grand scheme of football achievement, winning a trophy with Celtic doesn't really mean much. Playing in the Champions League isn't really that big a boast if your getting your arse handed to you 80% of the time.

Competing against better players makes you a better player. He'll likely get that in the CL but doing week in week out versus a couple of times a season in the CL doesn't compare.

On top of that he'll be playing with better players.

It'll be a tragedy if he wastes his career like Scott Brown has.

IWasThere2016
31-10-2017, 03:40 PM
I think this lad is going to be special, i can see him going to a top side in England. Heard a rumour from my son, who lives in St Albans that Arsenal were looking at him.

Obviously he's signed on again for Celtic, but my lad wouldn't know tierney if he walked past his front door. If he goes south, i see a big future for him, i think he's that good.

He has been watched regularly and recently by ManUre

HoboHarry
31-10-2017, 03:47 PM
What he will get out of it will be that he'll be a much better player. He may end up with more medals but in the grand scheme of football achievement, winning a trophy with Celtic doesn't really mean much. Playing in the Champions League isn't really that big a boast if your getting your arse handed to you 80% of the time.

Competing against better players makes you a better player. He'll likely get that in the CL but doing week in week out versus a couple of times a season in the CL doesn't compare.

Load of hogwash and it's been discussed to death.

stoneyburn hibs
31-10-2017, 04:12 PM
He's achieved all he's going to achieve there already.

He's already proven he's ready to step up a level. From a Scotland point of you, i want him out of there asap.

It's be an absolute tragedy is he was still there at the end of that contract.

I think a couple of years more at Celtic will develop him better than a move to a bigger club just now .
He's still only 19 and regularly playing in the Champions league.

calumhibee1
31-10-2017, 05:34 PM

If he gets the opportunity to go to one of the contenders for the league then I’d agree he should go, no doubt about it, but going to anyone else in that league will he really be playing with better players? The majority of the EPL is overrated *****.

And the idea that Scott Brown has wasted his career is ridiculous IMO.

Hibernia&Alba
31-10-2017, 10:13 PM
I just watched brief highlights of Celtic's match tonight against Bayern, and most of the good moves for Celtic involved Tierney. He's said to have had a tremendous game. Celtic will get a huge bid for him at some point.

ajf
31-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Have only read a few early posts on this thread and not really seen a great deal of this laddie but why if he is as good as everyone says does he have a winger in front of him ?

Nakedmanoncrack
31-10-2017, 11:08 PM

Agreed.

Scott Brown is nowhere near good enough to have played for one of the top teams in England, but could have had a good, but not trophy laden career with unglamorous teams. I'm sure he'll have no regrets about the choices he made.

Mibbes Aye
01-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Agreed.

Scott Brown is nowhere near good enough to have played for one of the top teams in England, but could have had a good, but not trophy laden career with unglamorous teams. I'm sure he'll have no regrets about the choices he made.

Its the unknown with Brown. He’s proven to be a clever, technical player. Could he have been a Lambert for a Dortmund? Or a Darren Fletcher for a Man Utd? Either way would have seen him put something in his trophy cabinet.

I agree with you, he has no need for regrets.

Mibbes Aye
01-11-2017, 12:44 AM

Arsenal were certainly sighted on him, they’ve known about him for a while. I think he will be in the EPL by the summer, if not January IMO. Not convinced it will be to Arsenal, though god knows they need someone like him on the left - Wenger’s switch to three with a high pressing left might make him ideal as an understudy/replacement for the Bosnian laddie. Different players though, Kolasinac has brought a bit of physicality that was much needed!

Hibernia&Alba
01-11-2017, 12:47 AM
Arsenal were certainly sighted on him, they’ve known about him for a while. I think he will be in the EPL by the summer, if not January IMO. Not convinced it will be to Arsenal, though god knows they need someone like him on the left - Wenger’s switch to three with a high pressing left might make him ideal as an understudy/replacement for the Bosnian laddie. Different players though, Kolasinac has brought a bit of physicality that was much needed!

Mourinho not happy with left back position at United. I'd like to see United put in a bid of £25-£30 million, which isn't huge money for them.

Mibbes Aye
01-11-2017, 12:55 AM
Mourinho not happy with left back position at United. I'd like to see United put in a bid of £25-£30 million, which isn't huge money for them.

Bold but if you’re getting a solid full back at that age then it’s got to be a good deal.

It then follows Luke Shaw to Arsenal would be a cert IMO, always the sense that Wenger wants him......assuming he can demonstrate fitness...

Baader
01-11-2017, 01:29 AM
Its easy being a big fish in a small pond. Being a senior in the juniors. And despite folk touting Scott Brown's medals haul... When did Celtic last have any competition? Tierney looks a real player and he should test his ability and ambition by playing at a higher level. I think it's almost inevitable he will.

sambajustice
01-11-2017, 07:35 AM

I wouldn't.

Another 30m in Celtics coffers would guarantee about 20 in a row...

calumhibee1
01-11-2017, 07:50 AM
Its easy being a big fish in a small pond. Being a senior in the juniors. And despite folk touting Scott Brown's medals haul... When did Celtic last have any competition? Tierney looks a real player and he should test his ability and ambition by playing at a higher level. I think it's almost inevitable he will.

Scott Browns medal haul is not devalued because of how much better the team he captains is than everyone else. I’d agree Tierney should test himself at a higher level.. however to me, that is only a valid argument if you’re going to one of the top 4 in England (presuming he’s not going abroad of course) as he tested himself 6 times last season and will be 6 times this season at the highest level possible. He won’t get that opportunity moving to someone like Everton which is the kind of move Brown would have had available.

Hibernia&Alba
01-11-2017, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't.

Another 30m in Celtics coffers would guarantee about 20 in a row...

Sooner or later Celtic will receive a very large sum for him.

Baader
01-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Scott Browns medal haul is not devalued because of how much better the team he captains is than everyone else.

I beg to differ on that point. Domestic winners medals for Celtic and old Rangers are like confetti. If that were to include a European medal then people would take notice. But beating Motherwell in the League Cup final? Big deal if you're captain of anyone else. But Celtic? Well done and who cares?