PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road - security question

andrew_dundee
30-10-2017, 01:40 PM
It's been a long time since I posted on this forum, and (being as I have since left Scotland) even longer since I last made it to Easter Road. I'm in Edinburgh this weekend and was planning to go to the Dundee game. :thumbsup:

However I will just have got off a train and will have a bus to catch at 6 so won't have time to go anywhere in between. With that in mind I am likely to be carrying a duffal bag full of clothes and the alike. It's not big, but not small either (about maximum size for hand luggage on flights). Being as football security is probably tigher than last time I went, I was wondering if this is likely to cause a problem with stewards. Will they let me in with it or do they get funny about stuff like that?

Sorry if this is a really silly question, but I don't want to head down and find out I can't get in!

greenlex
30-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Stewards will check the contents but that should be it. Can’t see a problem.

Mr White
30-10-2017, 01:50 PM
I used to regularly take a small rucksack with me for stuff for my son when he was younger, I'll be doing the same this weekend for my 3 year old daughters first match. It's no problem, they just take a quick look inside to make sure you don't have any bottles, cans or other potential missiles or banned items :aok:

andrew_dundee
30-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Great stuff, thanks :) Last time I was at Easter Road we were beaten 0-2 by Kilmarnock, and the time before was 0-3 to Rangers so let's hope it's a better result than those!

Sir David Gray
30-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Great stuff, thanks :) Last time I was at Easter Road we were beaten 0-2 by Kilmarnock, and the time before was 0-3 to Rangers so let's hope it's a better result than those!

Can I suggest you take in the game at Murrayfield on Sunday instead please? :greengrin

Jack
30-10-2017, 02:13 PM
If your bus is from the bus station you could go there first from the train station and leave your bag in a locker.

I'm not sure how much it costs but I'd imagine it will be a lot less hassle than dragging it to and from a busy footy match.

Mick O'Rourke
30-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Can I suggest you take in the game at Murrayfield on Sunday instead please? :greengrin

Been dubbed up in the hoose for a few days copping antibiotics for chest infections

That reply was a real tonic !!

:LOL::rotflmao:

Coughing and spluttering now:sick:

:faf:

andrew_dundee
30-10-2017, 02:32 PM
If your bus is from the bus station you could go there first from the train station and leave your bag in a locker.

I'm not sure how much it costs but I'd imagine it will be a lot less hassle than dragging it to and from a busy footy match.

That is actually a very good idea. Now I'm glad I asked :)

andrew_dundee
30-10-2017, 03:17 PM

Any more of that talk and I'm buying a season ticket :p

Keith_M
30-10-2017, 05:01 PM
I've been into a few grounds carrying a rucksack* and have never encountered a problem. As long as you're happy with the stewards having a look through the bag, you should be OK.

* I sometimes have to go straight from work, so occasionally have a laptop to carry.

offshorehibby
30-10-2017, 05:02 PM
There are no lockers as such at Waverley but the left luggage is beside platform 2.

wpj
30-10-2017, 05:36 PM
I've been into a few grounds carrying a rucksack* and have never encountered a problem. As long as you're happy with the stewards having a look through the bag, you should be OK.

* I sometimes have to go straight from work, so occasionally have a laptop to carry.

Ian Cathro......is that You?

essexhibee
30-10-2017, 06:39 PM
I was up in Edinburgh this weekend with my old man and we used the lockers at the bus station to store our bags during the day on Friday. Waverley storage was something like £6 for three hours so we walked to St Andrews Sq. It's a fiver for a locker for 12 hours at the bus station. They have plenty and I would recommend it. :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
31-10-2017, 06:10 AM
I was up in Edinburgh this weekend with my old man and we used the lockers at the bus station to store our bags during the day on Friday. Waverley storage was something like £6 for three hours so we walked to St Andrews Sq. It's a fiver for a locker for 12 hours at the bus station. They have plenty and I would recommend it. :thumbsup:
It was about £8 the last time I used Left Luggage at Waverley so the above might be your best option and leaves plenty of time to get your bus at 6.