PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Squad v Holland

SteveHFC
30-10-2017, 01:23 AM
Cummings set to be called up. :thumbsup:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1401037-jason-cummings-to-be-called-up-by-scotland-for-friendly/

Johnny_Leith
30-10-2017, 01:42 AM
It'll be disappointing if Hanlon isn't involved.

Really have to question the merit of Ryan Jack being called up, he's done nothing in a poor rangers team. I'm biased but McGeouch is a fat better option in the middle of the park.

Johnny_Leith
30-10-2017, 01:43 AM
Oh and well done JC.👍👍

California-Hibs
30-10-2017, 03:03 AM
Happy for him, but he’s nowhere near international quality

HoboHarry
30-10-2017, 03:27 AM
Delighted for JC but is he even playing regular first team football? May just be that MM just wants a closer look at him in training I guess.......

SirDavidsNapper
30-10-2017, 04:30 AM
Ryan Jack makes Ian Black look like Iniesta

hibby6270
30-10-2017, 04:37 AM
It’s a nap that Sheep related players will be in the squad with the game being at Pittodrie.
Christie, Shinnie & McLean - definitely. Possibly Jack as well, although not on merit.

hibbysam
30-10-2017, 06:16 AM
Delighted for JC but is he even playing regular first team football? May just be that MM just wants a closer look at him in training I guess.......

He started at the weekend and I think he starts most weeks.

HH81
30-10-2017, 06:23 AM

Forest seem to be on sky a lot and he has started last few I have seen.

Stoney Hibee
30-10-2017, 06:24 AM
If Berra is in the squad and Hanlon is not it will be a travesty.

murray26
30-10-2017, 06:27 AM
To be fair Ryan Christie is beginning to look like a very decent player and should be in on merit not because he’s plying his trade at Pittodrie.. we should be looking at players like him with the next campaign in mind.

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2017, 06:46 AM
Happy for him, but he’s nowhere near international quality

Im nowhere near international quality, not a guy with over 70 goals at 22 years old.

Brightside
30-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Cummings getting called up after a poor start down south is really typical tbh.

18Hibee75
30-10-2017, 07:33 AM
McLean, Shinnie, Christie and Hanlon should all be called up.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Aldo
30-10-2017, 07:34 AM
To be fair Ryan Christie is beginning to look like a very decent player and should be in on merit not because he’s plying his trade at Pittodrie.. we should be looking at players like him with the next campaign in mind. Agreed. Ryan Christie is a superb player and has the potential to play at a higher level. I would love Hibs to sign him.

What I don't get is Ryan Jacks inclusion. Woeful player IMHO and a total liability.

Frazerbob
30-10-2017, 07:59 AM
A mate was talking to Malky McKay after the Derby and he was aparantly speaking very highly of Dylan McGeouch so won’t be suprised if he’s given a call up.

BSEJVT
30-10-2017, 08:13 AM
Sorry I must have missed this

Is Mckay in full time or caretaker charge?

Callyballybe
30-10-2017, 08:32 AM
Sorry I must have missed this

Is Mckay in full time or caretaker charge?

Caretaker

murray26
30-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Agreed. Ryan Christie is a superb player and has the potential to play at a higher level. I would love Hibs to sign him.

What I don't get is Ryan Jacks inclusion. Woeful player IMHO and a total liability.

Probably to please the Govan bigots.. it won’t work on either level.

Frazerbob
30-10-2017, 09:36 AM
If he gets on, I expect Ryan Jack to get a similar reception that *Ian Black received when he came on for Scotland at Easter Road. The guy is despised up here.

*Still can't believe Ian Black has played for Scotland!!!

Bostonhibby
30-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Ryan Jack? If so, for me this just confirms a business as usual approach from the SFA and cements our positions as also rans.

Consistent as we're the country that appointed Malky Mackay in a position of influence in the first place.

JimBHibees
30-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Agreed. Ryan Christie is a superb player and has the potential to play at a higher level. I would love Hibs to sign him.

While appreciating this isnt an important game and they will be trying to give new players a shot the Ryan Jack one is bizarre. He plays consistently for Aberdeen for years and doesnt get a look in, gets sent off 3 times for being a thug and barely kicks a ball for Rangers and is straight in the squad, dear oh dear.

JimBHibees
30-10-2017, 09:42 AM
If he gets on, I expect Ryan Jack to get a similar reception that *Ian Black received when he came on for Scotland at Easter Road. The guy is despised up here.

*Still can't believe Ian Black has played for Scotland!!!

You do have to take into account who the manager was at the time though. :greengrin

Souter96Mac
30-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Would be fantastic for the club if another of our players got called up. I think Hanlon probably has more of a chance due to the sheer lack of competition at centre half. But would be delighted if Mcgeouch got called up, even just to train and gain the experience.

Tyler Durden
30-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Cummings getting called up after a poor start down south is really typical tbh.

Well he's not had a poor start.

Also Scotland have very few strikers at the moment. Only really Martin, Griffiths, Fletcher that are playing regularly at any decent level. Is it not good to get one of our promising young guys in the squad? A player who is starting games and playing well.

Ryan Jack is a joke of course. As is Mackay being employed by the SFA

-Jonesy-
30-10-2017, 10:47 AM
3 cards for Ryan Jack this season and he's in the squad, what a total joke.

bingo70
30-10-2017, 10:53 AM
While appreciating this isnt an important game and they will be trying to give new players a shot the Ryan Jack one is bizarre. He plays consistently for Aberdeen for years and doesnt get a look in, gets sent off 3 times for being a thug and barely kicks a ball for Rangers and is straight in the squad, dear oh dear.

Different managers though so the fact he wasn’t selected previously doesn’t really have any relevance.

Whilst it’s been funny laughing at Rangers it’s maybe worth remembering they’re still top 3 or 4 in the league and according to resident hun at my work he’s been good this season. Think of the 3 red cards one was rescinded and the Killie one could well be another one.

I despise rangers so I feel a little bit sick sticking up for one of their players however I am pleased to see there’ll be more players from our league included, imo it was an absolute disgrace how much Strachan ignored our Premier league.

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Ryan Jack would be a strange one as already mentioned.

Glad some of the Aberdeen lads are getting a chance. With the game being up there it may entice some more locals to attend. In the long run it may bring a connection to fans if our club players are getting a chance to be in squads instead of journeymen playing down south.

I've said on numerous threads I'd build for the future. Get a core of younger players (Tierney, Robbo, Soutar, SJM, Christie, Armstrong/McGregor/griff/Cummings - probably missed out a few but that's just off the top of my head) playing and bonding together.

From a hibs perspective, I'd love Dylan and hanlon to get a call. Particularly Paul. He's played consistently well for a long time now and imo sends the message that anyone in form has a chance or will at least be looked at

bingo70
30-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Ryan Jack would be a strange one as already mentioned.

Glad some of the Aberdeen lads are getting a chance. With the game being up there it may entice some more locals to attend. In the long run it may bring a connection to fans if our club players are getting a chance to be in squads instead of journeymen playing down south.

I've said on numerous threads I'd build for the future. Get a core of younger players (Tierney, Robbo, Soutar, SJM, Christie, Armstrong/McGregor/griff/Cummings - probably missed out a few but that's just off the top of my head) playing and bonding together.

From a hibs perspective, I'd love Dylan and hanlon to get a call. Particularly Paul. He's played consistently well for a long time now and imo sends the message that anyone in form has a chance or will at least be looked at

What Souttar are you meaning? The one at Hearts is absolutely garbage from what I’ve seen. I know he has a brother at Stoke but no idea if he’s any good?

Brightside
30-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Well he's not had a poor start.

Also Scotland have very few strikers at the moment. Only really Martin, Griffiths, Fletcher that are playing regularly at any decent level. Is it not good to get one of our promising young guys in the squad? A player who is starting games and playing well.

Ryan Jack is a joke of course. As is Mackay being employed by the SFA

How many goals has he banged in this season?

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-10-2017, 11:11 AM
What Souttar are you meaning? The one at Hearts is absolutely garbage from what I’ve seen. I know he has a brother at Stoke but no idea if he’s any good?

I've not seen much of either tbh. In the build up to the derby, some journalists were talking up John and saying he'd been playing well - He's just come back from a long lay off. Albeit he was poor against us.

We're very light at CB. I'd happily give a chance to any up and coming youngster regardless of what club he's currently at.

bingo70
30-10-2017, 11:15 AM
I've not seen much of either tbh. In the build up to the derby, some journalists were talking up John and saying he'd been playing well - He's just come back from a long lay off. Albeit he was poor against us.

We're very light at CB. I'd happily give a chance to any up and coming youngster regardless of what club he's currently at.

Likewise, I wouldn’t grudge a Hearts player being called up if they’re playing well.

I’ll admit to not seeing much of Souttar from Hearts but that’s twice in a week I’ve seen him and I thought he was pish on both games. Berra is poor as well but he’s at least physical and to be fair hasn’t let Scotland down in recent games.

Johnny_Leith
30-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Liam Lindsay, formerly of Partick Thistle, now Barnsley is a promising centre half and deserves a shot before souttar.

G B Young
30-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Pointless fixture and one that I hope doesn't disrupt Hibs' momentum, although I guess the break might give our injured players more time to get their fitness levels up. What can Scotland possibly learn from this game with our next competitive fixture almost a year away?

Not In The Know
30-10-2017, 11:31 AM
A mate was talking to Malky McKay after the Derby and he was aparantly speaking very highly of Dylan McGeouch so won’t be suprised if he’s given a call up.

for purely selfish reasons lets Keep Dylan away from the Scotland squad until he has signed a new deal!

The_Horde
30-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Liam Lindsay, formerly of Partick Thistle, now Barnsley is a promising centre half and deserves a shot before souttar.

Don't know where this Souttar love in comes from. It's almost like a rumourmill of journo talk has led folk to believe he's good.

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-10-2017, 11:49 AM
Don't know where this Souttar love in comes from. It's almost like a rumourmill of journo talk has led folk to believe he's good.

I remember when PH was a similar age and performing for club and country (u21) there was the clamour to have him involved at senior level.

Now we have a similar situation with Souttar. Obviously who they played for has no impact on the opinion of course....

Sir David Gray
30-10-2017, 12:14 PM
If Hanlon and McGeouch don't get called up it will be a disgrace.

ElginHibbie
30-10-2017, 12:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNYriPoW0AE47Nm.jpg

B.H.F.C
30-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Well deserved Paul Hanlon.

supershotmo
30-10-2017, 12:24 PM
When did Andrew Shinnie sign for Aberdeen, well sure it did say that. Has the above post been edited?

Just Jimmy
30-10-2017, 12:29 PM
well done to Paul Hanlon. long overdue. The boy has been superb for about the last 6 years. everytime he is injured our form dips.

go and make the position your own Paul.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ElginHibbie
30-10-2017, 12:29 PM
When did Andrew Shinnie sign for Aberdeen, well sure it did say that. Has the above post been edited?

Yeah, they posted a second image. First one didn't have Brown, didn't even notice the Shinnie mix up

staunchhibby
30-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Taken long enough for you Paul.Good luck

BigKev
30-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Delighted to see PH in the squad. Fully deserved.

Lago
30-10-2017, 12:38 PM
He started at the weekend and I think he starts most weeks.
Not sure he does start most weeks, has been on the bench mostly until a few weeks ago.

Bostonhibby
30-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Well done Paul Hanlon. Recognition of his efforts on the pitch.

Ryan Jack? Mandatory hun?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Mr White
30-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Well done Paul, thoroughly deserved!

Eyrie
30-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Hanlon's call up is well deserved.

There are as many Hibs players in the squad as Sevco and Hearts put together.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Glad to see Hanlon in. Disappointed a guy like Jack is in before McGeough.

3pm
30-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Do we stand to profit if Jason makes his debut?

3pm
30-10-2017, 12:49 PM

While I agree, from a selfish point of view I'd like to see Dylan stay under the radar as long as possible!

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Buzzing for Hanlon, really deserves it.

supershotmo
30-10-2017, 12:51 PM

Jack will get sheeps abuse up there if he gets a game.

brog
30-10-2017, 12:51 PM
A very unbalanced squad as usual. 7 defenders, 5 of whom are left footed & 2 smallish strikers, both of whom are also left footed. Paterson included after 2 games back, presumably because he's the only right back we have. I suspect he'll give Tierney & Robertson a half each rather than play Robertson in midfield but there's still another 4 left sided midfielders probably competing for one spot. And Ryan Jack is just ludicrous.

Oscar T Grouch
30-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Ryan Jack before Dylan WTAF? Congratulations to Paul and John for their call ups.

EL Green
30-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Well done Paul Hanlon, thoroughly deserved!

ElginHibbie
30-10-2017, 12:54 PM
While I agree, from a selfish point of view I'd like to see Dylan stay under the radar as long as possible!

I wonder with Dylan if there is still the fear of his injury problems, if he stays fit no way he won't be in next squad above some of those names... and as that wouldn't be until March plenty time for him to sign a new contract first :greengrin

30-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Well done Paul, SJM and JC. Shame about Dylan, couldn't have been far off getting a call up.

Speedy
30-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Shame for Whittaker as well.

I was thinking about Boyle for Scotland the other day, does anyone else think he's worth a try? Technically not the best but off the bench his pace may still be a danger even at international level.

hibby6270
30-10-2017, 01:03 PM
It’s a nap that Sheep related players will be in the squad with the game being at Pittodrie.
Christie, Shinnie & McLean - definitely. Possibly Jack as well, although not on merit.

Well, I wasn’t wrong. :greengrin

bingo70
30-10-2017, 01:08 PM
A very unbalanced squad as usual. 7 defenders, 5 of whom are left footed & 2 smallish strikers, both of whom are also left footed. Paterson included after 2 games back, presumably because he's the only right back we have. I suspect he'll give Tierney & Robertson a half each rather than play Robertson in midfield but there's still another 4 left sided midfielders probably competing for one spot. And Ryan Jack is just ludicrous.

Has Tierney ever played centre half for Celtic? If he could play there with Robertson at left back that’d potentially solve that issue of getting them both in the side.

brog
30-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Shame for Whittaker as well.

I was thinking about Boyle for Scotland the other day, does anyone else think he's worth a try? Technically not the best but off the bench his pace may still be a danger even at international level.

I would rather have Boyle than James Forrest!

Nakedmanoncrack
30-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Paul Coutts and John Fleck both playing very well from what I hear, for the team at top of English Championship, surely worth a call up.

brog
30-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Has Tierney ever played centre half for Celtic? If he could play there with Robertson at left back that’d potentially solve that issue of getting them both in the side.

He has once & he also played on left side in a back 3 versus England. I don't see him as a centre back however &, unless Liam Cooper plays it still leaves us with 2 left footed centre backs.

bingo70
30-10-2017, 01:24 PM
Paul Coutts and John Fleck both playing very well from what I hear, for the team at top of English Championship, surely worth a call up.

Imo this has been the attitude for too long, Just because they’re playing for decent teams down south they must be good enough for Scotland.

I watch a fair amount of the English championship as I prefer it to the over hyped soulless premiership but for me it’s not any better quality than the good teams up here. I’d much prefer preference was given to players in the top flight here than players in the lower leagues in England.

Iain G
30-10-2017, 01:36 PM

Why only the two recognised forwards in the squad?! Is this similar to the Craig Levein approach? :confused:

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-10-2017, 01:41 PM
I thought Boyle may have had a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWJ
30-10-2017, 01:47 PM
I thought Boyle may have had a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're fairly covered in those areas with Forrest, Fraser and Anya though along with similar position but less pacey players like Snodgrass, Morrison, Bannan and McCormack.

KWJ
30-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Absolutely delighted for Paul Hanlon.

It's been a long time coming but he keeps improving and been able to bide his time. Good luck Paul!

Shrekko
30-10-2017, 01:56 PM

He has played at centre half for Celtic. He’s a great player but not a right back so hopefully they do find a better way to accommodate him and Robertson, arguably our best players along with Brown and Griffiths.

andrew70
30-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Gordon

Cooper
Hanlon
Tierney

(All left footers though?)

Shinnie/McGregor
Armstrong
Brown
McGinn
Robertson

Christie
Griffiths

greenlex
30-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Gordon

Cooper
Hanlon
Tierney

(All left footers though?)

Shinnie/McGregor
Armstrong
Brown
McGinn
Robertson

Christie
Griffiths
If Paterson’s fit he should be our right back.

makaveli1875
30-10-2017, 02:08 PM
interesting squad but how the **** does ryan jack get a call up , taking his discipline issues out of it he's ****ing mince . no where near good enough for the national team

andrew70
30-10-2017, 02:24 PM
If Paterson’s fit he should be our right back.

Just don't rate him at all maybebecause of my green-tinted glasses.

GreenOnions
30-10-2017, 02:32 PM

I really like this idea. He has done well there in the few occasions he's played in the centre. It doesn't do any harm to have some pace at the centre of defence either. We would lose his attacking threat but Robertson is good going forward and we have to use a formation that accommodates the best players we have.

I'd like to see Paterson on the right, Robertson on the left and Tierney at left centre-back. Not sure there's one outstanding candidate for right-sided centre back at the moment.

I like Andrew70's idea of Brown, Armstrong and McGinn in the centre of midfield too. I was also very impressed by Ryan Christie against us at Easter Road (particularly 1st half) and feel he could play just off a lone striker.

Souter96Mac
30-10-2017, 02:43 PM

Before his injury I thought he was one of the better hearts players and a decent right back.

Jim44
30-10-2017, 02:45 PM

It’s natural to favour your own. The Huns are applauding the inclusion of Ryan Jack and condemning the call up of Hanlon and Cummings. Interestingly one of them mentions an observation of Alisdair Lamont - “Al Lamont on BBC analysis suggests fans will be question Jack deserving a call up more than McGeoch of Hibs...”

brog
30-10-2017, 03:07 PM
I really like this idea. He has done well there in the few occasions he's played in the centre. It doesn't do any harm to have some pace at the centre of defence either. We would lose his attacking threat but Robertson is good going forward and we have to use a formation that accommodates the best players we have.

I'd like to see Paterson on the right, Robertson on the left and Tierney at left centre-back. Not sure there's one outstanding candidate for right-sided centre back at the moment.

I like Andrew70's idea of Brown, Armstrong and McGinn in the centre of midfield too. I was also very impressed by Ryan Christie against us at Easter Road (particularly 1st half) and feel he could play just off a lone striker.

I thought Tierney really struggled at CB versus Engerlund. He's not tall enough or physical enough to deal with high balls & he's not played enough to know the position properly. I remember him & Gordon getting in a right muddle & almost conceding a crazy goal as a result.

Tyler Durden
30-10-2017, 03:38 PM
How many goals has he banged in this season?

Think he has 4, albeit only 1 in the league. Started the last 4 games I think

He's not keeping anyone better out the squad is he? Merits a place IMO

KWJ
30-10-2017, 03:54 PM
It’s natural to favour your own. The Huns are applauding the inclusion of Ryan Jack and condemning the call up of Hanlon and Cummings. Interestingly one of them mentions an observation of Alisdair Lamont - “Al Lamont on BBC analysis suggests fans will be question Jack deserving a call up more than McGeoch of Hibs...”

Not so much.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/311725-well-done-ryan-jack/

Jim44
30-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Not so much.

:agree: The punters on Rangers Media are a lot more sceptical than the ones on FF who seem to support Jack’s inclusion.

Calidad
30-10-2017, 04:58 PM
I think the best way to accommodate Robertson and Tierney in the team is to play Robertson as a LM.

————————— GK
Patterson——-Mulgrew——Hanlon——Tierney
—————Brown———CM
RM————Armstrong——Robertson
——————-Griffiths

would be what I would be looking for towards the future.

Actually prefer Mulgrew in midfield if a decent CB could replace him.

I think the spot next to Brown is open, and Brown himself is getting on.

Think RM/RWF is open too...Forrest seems to be the most likely at the moment. I don’t love him, but at least he has pace and is a forward thinking player.

I really like Armstrong.

Brightside
30-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Why only the two recognised forwards in the squad?! Is this similar to the Craig Levein approach? :confused:

we will play 4231

Brightside
30-10-2017, 05:33 PM
I think the best way to accommodate Robertson and Tierney in the team is to play Robertson as a LM.

————————— GK
Patterson——-Mulgrew——Hanlon——Tierney
—————Brown———CM
RM————Armstrong——Robertson
——————-Griffiths

would be what I would be looking for towards the future.

Actually prefer Mulgrew in midfield if a decent CB could replace him.

I think the spot next to Brown is open, and Brown himself is getting on.

Think RM/RWF is open too...Forrest seems to be the most likely at the moment. I don’t love him, but at least he has pace and is a forward thinking player.

I really like Armstrong.

I rally hope we can get a decent right sided CB to play. Mulgrew is ****, mind you so it Brerra.

Michael
30-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Not so much.

What a load of weirdos.

Lancs Harp
30-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Well done Paul and SJM, feel a bit sorry for Whitty being left out, for me he got picked when he was struggling a bit and his inclusion was a little suspect but then when he finds better form with Hibs he gets left out. Such is international football.

Hanlon and SJM to star and have the game of their lives. 5-0 to Holland though. :wink:

Hibs Class
30-10-2017, 06:18 PM
interesting squad but how the **** does ryan jack get a call up , taking his discipline issues out of it he's ****ing mince . no where near good enough for the national team

His disciplinary issues should have been considered. Three red cards in a season by end October means that temperamentally he is unsuitable to be anŷwhere near a Scotland squad.

ancient hibee
30-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Bit ironic when you think four red cards in a career got Willie Woodburn banned for life.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-10-2017, 09:10 PM
Imo this has been the attitude for too long, Just because they’re playing for decent teams down south they must be good enough for Scotland.

I watch a fair amount of the English championship as I prefer it to the over hyped soulless premiership but for me it’s not any better quality than the good teams up here. I’d much prefer preference was given to players in the top flight here than players in the lower leagues in England.

There are several players from championship clubs in this squad, one from even lower. Fact is championship clubs, even the very poor ones pay huge wages compared to Scottish teams & will pick up any players who are good enough from the likes of Hibs e.g. Cummings and others to a Forest team who only avoided relegation on goal difference.

The_Horde
30-10-2017, 11:09 PM

Tierney at left back and Robertson Left Mid would be interesting. Could dovetail a wee bit and both have excellent delivery.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Delighted for Paul Hanlon, it's richly deserved but the omission of Dylan McGeouch is inexplicable.

Very disappointed not to see him in the squad.