PDA

View Full Version : Brum v Villa.

greenlex
29-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Utter *****. The most interesting thing happening is the missiles provided by Birmingham City being chucked at Villa players at every opportunity.

DarlingtonHibee
29-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Calderwood, ffs....

KWJ
29-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Jonathon grounds has stuck about as an acceptable left back I see.

Phil MaGlass
29-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Eye bleeding stuff

givescotlandfreedom
29-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Rank game. Overrated league.

frazeHFC
29-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Up there with the worst games I'll ever watch.

Sir David Gray
29-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Caught a bit of the pre-match talk and apparently derbies don't come much bigger than this one!

Thecat23
29-10-2017, 12:48 PM
One of the worst games I’ve watched in a while. These so called “big games” down south are always poor. Man U v Spurs another example.

Billy Whizz
29-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Wonder if McGinn is watching it😳

Phil MaGlass
29-10-2017, 12:54 PM
5 mins extra time noooooo ffffffsssssss only so much one can take

greenlex
29-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Birighton v Saints isn’t that much better to be honest. Very scrappy with the odd outbreak of fitba.

Lancs Harp
29-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Nearly as bad as Hearts v Rangers yesterday.

Renfrew_Hibby
29-10-2017, 02:58 PM
What I can't understand is the lack of support that teams from the West Midlands seem to get.
I mean the area has a population of around 6 million and yet in 30 years of watching football, sides from this area rarely if ever fill their grounds even for the biggest of games like this derby today.
For such a hugely populated area Birmingham FC have a core support of around 15K and West Brom maybe 20K, there was plenty of empty seats at the Hawthorns for the visit of Man City yesterday.
Clubs from all other parts of England can pull in big gates if its a big local derby or an important match or if the club is enjoying a period of success, but not it would seem in the greater Birmingham area.
To only get 24K there today is poor. As for Villa, a club with their pedigree, they should be getting 40-50K when competing in the Premiership but they never get close.

Thecat23
29-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Nearly as bad as Hearts v Rangers yesterday.

That wasn’t a bad game at all. Where the game today was brutal.

greenlex
29-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Liecester v Toffees decent start. Terrific counter and goal from Vardy.

Lancs Harp
29-10-2017, 03:33 PM
What I can't understand is the lack of support that teams from the West Midlands seem to get.
I mean the area has a population of around 6 million and yet in 30 years of watching football, sides from this area rarely if ever fill their grounds even for the biggest of games like this derby today.
For such a hugely populated area Birmingham FC have a core support of around 15K and West Brom maybe 20K, there was plenty of empty seats at the Hawthorns for the visit of Man City yesterday.
Clubs from all other parts of England can pull in big gates if its a big local derby or an important match or if the club is enjoying a period of success, but not it would seem in the greater Birmingham area.
To only get 24K there today is poor. As for Villa, a club with their pedigree, they should be getting 40-50K when competing in the Premiership but they never get close.

I think the number of tickets available was severely cut back for todays match due past problems and having to make extensive segregation areas. Im fed up doing links that dont work (ludite) but google the Birmingham Mail and derby tickets, it explains it there.:greengrin

As for the generalisations in earlier posts about the lack of quality in many Championship matches, or English matches in general with some with an agenda, I'd say as far as pure entertainment is concerned isnt that a generalisation you could level at football matches generally? Personally Im a football nut so would watch anything and can find enjoyment in virtually any football game, I just love the game always have done and always will do. But in terms of entertainment its not that often you watch a game and think "wow that was fantastic" whether that game is in England Spain Germany Scotland Finland China or wherever. It obviously makes a massive difference watching a game if your own team is involved. Take last tuesday as a good example, fantastic night for us Hibs fans but I doubt many football onlookers from wherever went away thinking what a fantastic game it was. What the English Premier league and certainly the Championship is very competitive and for me thats its lure, not just for me but football fans across the world.

Lancs Harp
29-10-2017, 03:34 PM
That wasn’t a bad game at all. Where the game today was brutal.

Each to their own mate I thought it was pretty dire.

greenlex
29-10-2017, 03:39 PM
I think the number of tickets available was severely cut back for todays match due past problems and having to make extensive segregation areas. Im fed up doing links that dont work (ludite) but google the Birmingham Mail and derby tickets, it explains it there.:greengrin

As for the generalisations in earlier posts about the lack of quality in many Championship matches, or English matches in general with some with an agenda, I'd say as far as pure entertainment is concerned isnt that a generalisation you could level at football matches? Personally Im a football nut so would watch anything and can find enjoyment in virtually any football game, I just love the game always have done and always will do. But in terms of entertainment its not that often you watch a game and think "wow that was fantastic" whether that game is in England Spain Germany Scotland Finland China or wherever. It obviously makes a massive difference watching a game if your own team is involved. Take last tuesday as a good example, fantastic night for us Hibs fans but I doubt many football onlookers from wherever went away thinking what a fantastic game it was. What the English Premier league and certainly the Championship is very competitive and for me thats its lure, not just for me but football fans across the world.
I’m a football nut too and watch at every opportunity but that was garbage even from a neutral point of view.

Thecat23
29-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Each to their own mate I thought it was pretty dire.

Fair dos bud, I’d take a game with goals in it over a dire 0-0 any day. Just see so many games from the EPL lately that are absolutely horrible to watch. Yet Sky etc spin us the best league in the world. I find Scottish football a lot more enjoyable lately than English football. That’s just me though appreciate you may see it differently.

greenlex
29-10-2017, 03:43 PM
What’s with those cardboard clapper things? How ****ing annoying are they?

WoreTheGreen
29-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Celtic might get them and kid themselves on another first.